Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

on 4/24/2008 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have never tried a Chanel mascara before but was intrigued because a fellow work colleague loves this mascara. I got a sample to try but I am not really impressed, it is a bit average. It definitely adds volume and makes the lashes stand out because of the rich, dark formula but despite the promising looking brush, it still clumps and doesn't separate my lashes. I had expected more from a high end mascara but I have achieved better results with YSL or Lancome. I would not purchase.

on 4/21/2008 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Terrible. I tried this mascara because I'd read so many rave reviews, and maybe it works for some people, but for me, it was just SUPER CLUMPY. It weighed down my lashes and bunched them up into 3-4 huge clumps per eye. I tried wiping the brush down a little to get rid of excess product, but that only helped marginally and wasted a lot of the expensive product. I have mixed asian-causasian lashes. Fairly long, but straight and not very thick. Total thumbs down for me. :(

on 4/20/2008 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is by far the best mascara I've ever tried.. Advantages: no clumping, safe for contacts, non irriating, easy to clean without makeup remover, and your lashes aren't stiff and brittle by the end of the day.
The only disadvanatge is the price. Its pricey for a mascara, but, it's totally worth it.

on 4/17/2008 6:04:00 AM

**Description**
Now, in a single stroke, CHANEL sets a new standard in mascara with a formula that does it all. A sophisticated formula and unique brush design combine to lengthen, plump and curl, delivering lush, long-wearing colour so precisely that each lash, even the finest, is perfectly defined and separated.
**My opinion**
I've been using this mascara for over a year now and really like it. I've tried other brands and I always come back to Chanel. Inimitable goes on very smoothly and stays on all day without smudging. My lashes look instantly longer when using it and the wand is small and handy. I only wish this mascara had a bit more volumizing formula.

This mascara is fantastic! It really separates the lashes and gives a volumnous look, the more you apply the thicker it gets. And I love the packaging too.

on 4/9/2008 4:11:00 PM

This is the best mascara i have ever used... but boredom is slowly setting in after 3 tubes, so I'm off to find something new. I'm sure i'll be back to repurchase again though.
Recommend 100%

on 4/8/2008 3:14:00 PM

This mascara was great about the first three times I used it. Afterwards, it started making my eyelashes droop and left "spots" at the tip of my lashes and around my eyes. I'm also one to NEVER get raccoon eyes, but this somehow managed to do some smudging. It does, however, give good length but the cons bash the pros out: especially considering the fact that this mascara dries up TOO quickly. All in all, it was just bleh to me.

on 4/8/2008 11:15:00 AM

I bought this mascara for one reason - it's Chanel. I mean seriously, how can that go wrong? It didn't go awful but I just wished it would have performed better for the money I was investing in. I love the wand and brush. They are both the ideal length and coats my lashes rather well. I think that this mascara lacked that ooomph factor I was looking for. My lashes are naturally rather dense and medium but this mascara kind of masks that. It didn't really seperate the lash properly no matter how I zigzagged my way through and didn't really coat is evenly root to top. It kind of leaves my lashes sparse. So nope, not impressed at all.

The search for the perfect mascara goes on...

this is my HG mascara !!!!

on 3/30/2008 6:40:00 AM

Best mascara I've used to date. Gives me huge, defined lashes......it's all about the special brush. I tried Diorshow mascara thinking it would give me the same result, but when I tried this I was hooked. Only negatives is that it dries out VERY fast, and it makes my eyes watery until it dries. Small price to pay for best mascara ever!

Popular Mascaras