July 30, 2014 | 1000 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by o0hottamolly0o

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I kinda liked this.. i liked the color but it wasn't what i was expecting. I was really looking for a sheer matte powder foundation, so i got this in fairly lite. But it really wasn't matte, i would've called it semi matte, it had a fair amount of shimmer in it.

ps the only reason i put a 2 for the packaging thing is caus i got the free samples thing and it was so small it didn't go on my brush evenly and was kinda hard to blend out so it was even.. but im guessing if the thing was bigger it would have been fine =]

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2008 7:15:00 AM More reviews by ozlem

With sample kit i got 3 different shades of foundation, 1 concealer and 1 blush for free ! I only paid the shipping price. The price and packaging is great. Actually first i like the brand, but then it caused me to break out so badly. It caused cyctic acne and my dermatologist told me not to use mineral makeup, it can irritate some sensitive/oily skins and may cause acne. So i can say that it's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by mricha14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UPDATE 4/12/08

Ok, after using EM for several months, I decided to try another MUA’s advice. I have tried using the foundation wet. *gasp!* I tap out a tiny bit into the lid, spritz with a little water and buff on with my Flat Top buki from EM. WOW! It’s even better than dry! Couple words of advice though, kids, it’ll go on much heavier so you might want to experiment first before you walk out in public. Ha ha I finish by buffing with (dry fyi) finishing dust or silk dust with my Long Handled buki and oh mah gawd, Becky. I’ve never had skin that EVER looked this flawless. The dry mineral foundation lasts all day, but wet…it’ll still look great for the after work par-tay!.

If you’re interested, I have posted a picture that you can check out by clicking on “CONTINUED” at the bottom of my review. The before is no make up at all and after is the EM with a wet application. Good luck ya’ll!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Please see my pictures for a full-size before and after makeover of Everyday Minerals)

I have just recently switched to EM after cautiously reading and comparing EM to BE on this website. I have very oily skin, usually have to wipe off oil 1/2 way throughout my work day and again when I get home...which means I'm easily acceptable to acne.

I tried several rounds of the samples. It took a few times to figure out the best color on me and how to apply it. Here are my tips:

1) I still felt like I had to wipe oil off 1/2 through the day until I purchased the FINISHING DUST. This made a huge difference in cutting down the greasiness. (Just make sure you moisturize well, I imagine on dry skin it would make it really dry!)

2) A GOOD BRUSH MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE! I bought a cheap $5 brush at Ulta to try the samples and I finally ordered the flat-top Kabuki brush from EM's website. You will not find a cheaper, more awesome brush out there. This puts it on so flawless, I look airbrushed afterwards! I have NEVER experienced any make up like it before.

3) A little bit goes a long, long way! You can always apply more, so start out using a dab. The first time I tried the foundation on (I chose the wrong color which didn't help) I looked like the Hulk. My face looked like clay-mation. lol

4) I felt like the intense foundation was a bit too intense :)... so I just stick to matte shades and the Finishing Dust.

5) Don't be afraid to mix colors. I found out by trying several rounds of samples that my best foundation color is about 1/2 and 1/2 of Sandy Medium & Medium Summer. I love the mixing jar!

That's all I can think of right now...:).

I have to start by saying that I am usually a harsh critic but I can't say enough good things about EM. I have been fighting acne for as long as I can remember. For years I have been using Tinted Oxy as my foundation and Maybeline Shine Free pressed powder. I've been using EM for over a month now and I swear I think this stuff is making my face clear up...even when I forget to wash my face before I go to bed!

I'm such a dork now, I just love to put on my make up. I look forward to it every morning. I recommend taking my hints/advice and trying this today if you have skin similar to mine. I'm almost sad that they didn't offer this when I was in high school. I would've loved to have flawless skin back then.

continued >>

45 out of 46 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by met451

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well I too ordered the free samples, which are a steal since you only have to pay for shipping (why don't more makeup companies do this?!). I have very combination skin which usually borders on oily, getting matte was a no-brainer for me.
'Fair' ended up being the perfect match for me, and it really does make my skin look flawless, but not overly done with makeup. I don't find that this oxidizes at all (a problem I've had in the past), and when my oil does break through I don't find this settling into any creases. My biggest gripe is with the containers this comes in; granted I only have the samples, but even with them the tops have a hard time staying on. Overall, very pleased with this make up, especially since the full product costs less than the Neutrogena mineral makeup I was using, for more product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by jenaht

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been testing the Everyday Minerals Foundations for 2 months now. I tried them out since my face started to react to Bare Minerals. I am actually SO HAPPY now that my face acted up so that I tried something else. SERIOUSLY.

This product is absolutely wonderful. The foundation is so finely milled it actually makes Bare Minerals seem very grainy to me. There are MORE color choices with the Everyday Minerals. Way more yellow-toned and true cools. (Bare Minerals is very orange-ish) 4 Different formulas so people can really find the right mix and formula they like. The price is ridiculously affordable. They let you get free samples. Shall I go on?

Well yes because this is a review. I prefer the Matte formula since I have combo skin that requires oil-control. I actually have a lovely mix of formulas with 2 parts Matte and 1 part Intensive. I do this to get a little longer lasting coverage and to help hide my visible pores even more. However, the Matte on it's own does a lovely job. It has a very creamy sort of matte look to it. And it totally does help with oil-control. I just wanted something a tad heavier - without being as heavy as the Intensive is by itself. One of the things I also notice about this foundation is that it doesn't settle into my fine lines as much as the Bare Minerals did. Again - you need to find your formula match and shade match to make this as optimal as possible. But this stuff just buffs into the skin like BUTTAH! I do use a combination of brushes: The Everyday Minerals Flat Top (the BEST brush out there!) and the smaller Philosophy Supernatural Airbrush for my TZone area (LOVE IT).

My skin hasn't look this good in YEARS. It is hands above Bare Minerals in so many ways. No sheen. My pores are hidden better. My skin looks and feels smoother. I have found a truly perfect shade match in Fawn. It's so silky smooth during application - you have to try it to believe it!!

I have turned SEVERAL people on to Everyday Minerals - have I convinced you?

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Mipmip

Wonderful foundation, melts into skin perfectly and looks so natural that I forget I wear makeup. It has a good staying powder, even though a little glow can show up. If so I use my vincent longo powder, and it's all perfect again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by agentasuka

First of all, I LOVE Everyday Minerals...the company, the products, free samples, very affordable.

For the price, this is a GREAT product. When applied with the flat top brush, this gave me such a beautiful flawless finish! Great colors!
I only regret NOT discovering this BEFORE spending $40 on foundation from Sephora >_<

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by piniu

I really want this to work, but unfortunately not for me! First, it break me out. I am acne-prone but I don't usually break out from foundations.I do get zits after wearing the foundation for a day. Second, it's drying. the powder goes into my under eye area and enhance the looking of wrinkles. I am so disappointed that it works for so many people but not for me

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, I had such high hopes for this product, but was disappointed as soon as I applied it to my skin. How does "Matte" equate to a shiny finish? As soon as it was applied, it left a shiny residue on my nose, forehead, cheeks, and chin. It looked like my face after 4 hours of makeup wear. After being on my face for 10 min, I had to blot oil. (I usually don't have to blot until 3 hours of regular makeup)
It also had a weird, skin-tightening feeling, which is odd because I usually don't get a reaction right away like that. I've tried BE and Jane Iredale, along with various other MMU, and they've all left me shiner than ever. Jane Iredale looked great at first and then 20 min later oiler than I ever thought possible. (It also broke me out in tiny pimples alllllllll over my face after two weeks of use, but this was when it had Bysmuth Oxychloride in it). I've wanted to like Mineral makeup so much because I've been living a more natural lifestyle in every other category.
I have acne-prone skin so I know natural is better than synthetic, but not if my skin doesn't like it. I'm sitting here at work and I want to itch my face as I have this EM on. What could be in it that's bothering my skin so much? My pores also look enormous.
I've been using the L'Oreal Quick stick for 12 years and I always end up going back to it after everything else I've tried. I'm getting samples from Monave , Silk Naturals, and Elegant Minerals. I'll update if I find a product my skin doesn't freak out to. I know how important it is for us Oily-skinned girls to share what works for us.

Raesin Images has a line of completely matte foundations that I think would work better for those who didn't like EM. It doesnt bother my skin at all, but doesn't hold up well to shine, but maybe it would for those who aren't quite as oily as me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave this a good review because I do think that EM is excellent quality make-up at an unbeatable price. However, after wearing it for almost a year I am giving up. I have extremely oily skin, which is not a good combination with mineral make-up. EM does a lot better at controlling my oil than other mineral make-ups, but it is still a constant battle to keep the grease away! So I'm going back to liquid founation. But, for those of you who have more normal skin, you will LOVE this foundation. It covers great (especially when you use the flat top brush), it looks so natural, you don't feel like you are wearing any make-up, it's all natural and organic, it's cheap, and you get free samples!