MAC Frost - Ricepaper

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

Ricepaper is my HG brow highlighter. I have strayed from it over the years by trying others, MAC Shroom, Femme-Fi and Stila's Kitten. The list goes on. However, I keep coming back to Ricepaper. It works so well with GGG and DDD complexions. Ricepaper seems to have a hint of yellow to it and is a beigey neutral that has just the right amount of shimmer. A perfect product indeed!

on 12/19/2008 1:48:00 AM

love love loveee!! this is my fav. whod'a knew but i cant live with out it, its an essential to my life! im so pissed that I just lost it i try using everything i have thats seems close enough as a temp. replacement but nothing compares. love it

on 12/18/2008 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is a wonderful basic highlighter that can be used for every day looks. I'm tanned with very yellow undertones and this works great for me. This looks pretty natural on me yet it accentuates my browbone without looking white, sparkly, or frosty. I think this is a common problem for tanned folks. A lot of highlighters out there look too overdone against our skin. I use a blending brush to apply this and then blend it out. If I don't use the right brush and just pat layers on, it will appear almost white. It's pretty smooth and silky. I keep going back to it no matter how many other highlighters I purchase.

on 12/11/2008 12:58:00 PM

i don't normally buy MAC so when i do, its when i know its a great product i'll use everyday (to justify the price). this is great for highlighting (especially brow bone) and should look good on every skin tone. slight shimmer that somehow manages to look natural at the same time. it makes applying my eyeliner easier as well. score!

on 12/7/2008 10:22:00 PM

great highlight color for me. i tried just about all of them but this one worked so well for me. the color is a gorgeous gold toned cream and it has a beautiful shimmer to it. hg material.

on 11/21/2008 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

After debating on this or Shroom, the MA recommended this would be better for my skin color so I grabbed it. After using it a couple of times, I've come to love it as a brow-bone highlighter! It's sucha pretty light beige color that's not too frosty. Shroom did not show up very well on my NC30 skin when I swiped it on my arm, but Ricepaper truly makes my eyes glow. I will admit that it can get a bit chalky when applied too much but I don't use any other eyeshadow other than this to highlight my brow-bone. Definitely a staple!

on 11/18/2008 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Overall, it's ok but it looks too orangey on me and at times can be chalky. i can't use it effortlessly like i do with other mac shadows. i have to be very careful to get the look i want out of it.

on 11/12/2008 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Great brow-bone highlighter. I use alot of peach toned shades such as All That Glitters and Naked Lunch, but this is different. It is the perfect amount of shimmer and soft pinky-gold color that gives such a natural highlight. You will use this with all of your daily shadow looks, well worth its weight in gold.

on 11/7/2008 12:44:00 PM

At first I thought the finish was too Frost as Phloof. But I was wrong, it gave that very fine and just the right amount of shimmer. The shade's perfect for base as well. Definitely will buy this again! :-)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

if im not using Vanilla Pigment as my highlighter...i go for ricepaper....shroom makes me look like a drag queen....i notice this has some yellow tones to it...im MMM w/ yellow undertones, C3/C4 skintone...perfect for my warm toned skin.