MAC Frost - Ricepaper

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

on 1/28/2009 11:05:00 PM

I purchase Ricepaper as an highlighter based on the reviews and also since I am Asian and have a olive/yellow undertone. Unfortunately , Ricepaper turns out too yellow/warm as an highlighter! (NC 25-30 light olive complexion) So, I was bummed for a while but I don't want to give up such a nicely textured e/s. Then, I tried as an all over lid color and viola, it instantly brighten up my lid w/o washing out my color. I couldn't believe it! It was definitely MLBB look! I was totally stunned b/c I never had a color that did anything like this! Ricepaper is a frost finish but it is not at all frosty! It has a nice low sheen to it. I also use it as a minor powder concealer and it has great coverage. The finish/ coverage is actually very similar to my BE foundation, except this is pressed and not loose which is even better for travel! I love this shadow since I can get two use out of it. Worth the $$!

My grade rubric for this shadow:
Color payoff: B+
Texture: A+
Staying power:A+
Versatility:A++

on 1/19/2009 4:09:00 AM

i suffer from a makeup condition that i know im not alone in: the desire (or compulsion?) to own every neutral highlight color made by MAC, ever. seriously. i mean i love all of the wild colors, the dark colors, you name it, but the minute you get me at a MAC counter, i gravitate to the row of eyeshadows that i know i can apply without a mirror if need be. their variations are subtle, and their creamy soft colors make me stand there and swatch them until whoever came with me reminds me that 1) i came to replace my blot powder, or 2) i already own a color just like that, which i will vehemently protest.

as a result of this affliction i do indeed own far too many neutrals-that-can-be-used-as-washes eyeshadow colors, and im always raving about how "THIS ONE!!!" is the one, the HG, the one ive been looking for forever. who am i kidding? all of them are HGs, all of them are THE ONE!!!. im not a polygamist in terms of people, im a polygamist in terms of these shadows.

my current obsession is with MAC ricepaper, and it is taking the crown from naked lunch (one of my very first MAC eyeshadow purchases) and all that glitters (this is the first shadow i hit pan on. seriously, it is THAT good). ricepaper is very, very similar to naked lunch, except that whereas naked lunch veers toward a super subtle pink, ricepaper leans more gold. it really is the smallest of differences, and barely noticeable until you apply them to your eyelids.

i pair ricepaper with everything, and it works really well at blurring harsh lines when im doing a smokey eye. the shimmer is very fine, to the point where when i just wear this as a wash, it looks more like my eyelids have a soft gleam to them, as opposed to a soft shimmer. as with most MAC eyeshadows the staying power is fantastic. a definite re-buy for me. continued >>

on 1/6/2009 5:29:00 PM

OOOOO----MMMMMMM-----GGGGGGG!!

This color had been sitting in my palette waiting to be discovered amongst the other highlight colors.

IT IS GOOORRGEOUS! GET IT, GET IT, GET IT!

I carry this color with me everyday in my quad in case I'm doing my makeup on the go.

NC 42 OR
MUFE DH FOUNDATION #125.

MUST HAVE.

Ricepaper is my HG brow highlighter. I have strayed from it over the years by trying others, MAC Shroom, Femme-Fi and Stila's Kitten. The list goes on. However, I keep coming back to Ricepaper. It works so well with GGG and DDD complexions. Ricepaper seems to have a hint of yellow to it and is a beigey neutral that has just the right amount of shimmer. A perfect product indeed!

on 12/19/2008 1:48:00 AM

love love loveee!! this is my fav. whod'a knew but i cant live with out it, its an essential to my life! im so pissed that I just lost it i try using everything i have thats seems close enough as a temp. replacement but nothing compares. love it

on 12/18/2008 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is a wonderful basic highlighter that can be used for every day looks. I'm tanned with very yellow undertones and this works great for me. This looks pretty natural on me yet it accentuates my browbone without looking white, sparkly, or frosty. I think this is a common problem for tanned folks. A lot of highlighters out there look too overdone against our skin. I use a blending brush to apply this and then blend it out. If I don't use the right brush and just pat layers on, it will appear almost white. It's pretty smooth and silky. I keep going back to it no matter how many other highlighters I purchase.

on 12/11/2008 12:58:00 PM

i don't normally buy MAC so when i do, its when i know its a great product i'll use everyday (to justify the price). this is great for highlighting (especially brow bone) and should look good on every skin tone. slight shimmer that somehow manages to look natural at the same time. it makes applying my eyeliner easier as well. score!

on 12/7/2008 10:22:00 PM

great highlight color for me. i tried just about all of them but this one worked so well for me. the color is a gorgeous gold toned cream and it has a beautiful shimmer to it. hg material.

on 11/21/2008 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

After debating on this or Shroom, the MA recommended this would be better for my skin color so I grabbed it. After using it a couple of times, I've come to love it as a brow-bone highlighter! It's sucha pretty light beige color that's not too frosty. Shroom did not show up very well on my NC30 skin when I swiped it on my arm, but Ricepaper truly makes my eyes glow. I will admit that it can get a bit chalky when applied too much but I don't use any other eyeshadow other than this to highlight my brow-bone. Definitely a staple!

on 11/18/2008 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Overall, it's ok but it looks too orangey on me and at times can be chalky. i can't use it effortlessly like i do with other mac shadows. i have to be very careful to get the look i want out of it.

Top Rated MAC Products