Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/18/2007 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been a big fan of the normal Great Lash Mascara for years, and thought I'd give the waterproof one a try. Big mistake! I've worn it around the house today and actually had to wipe under my eyes 2 or 3 times throughout the day because it's smudged so easily. It's lumpy and hard to apply, with a really thick and dry consistency. I will be going back to the normal Great Lash Mascara.. this one is awful!

on 3/29/2007 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I purchased this product based on the so-called awards it had won. I guess the saying "you get what you pay for" truly applied to this product because the quality and performance was certainly consistent with the price. My experience? It - took ages to dry - did not wear well - felt stiff and flakey after drying - was definitely NOT waterproof - did not lengthen or thicken my lashes at all - did not retain the curl even after using a Shu Uemura eyelash curler. You are better off paying a bit more for a product that will work much better (some examples being Max Factor 2000 Calorie and my Holy Grails at the moment, Lancome Flextencils and Christian Dior Diorshow). Unfortunately I could not return this after purchasing as I had used it (here in Australia we don't have the same generous returns policy as the US does). I give this 1.5 out of 5.

on 3/18/2007 8:25:00 PM

this is fine. just fine. it doesn't smudge too much. it's ok. the consistancy. is a little too watery. when this is done i will buy a different brand. i just received a mascara as a sample by Studio Gear. . . not waterproof, but excellent-- i'l probably buy that next.

on 3/12/2007 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I generally like Maybelline's mascaras, except for this one. I don't understand the hype with this mascara. It left my eyelashes very crunchy & brittle, and it felt like my lashes were going to break off on me. My top and bottom eyelashes also got tangled with each other everytime I blinked. I've tried plenty of other waterproof mascaras that still left my lashes feeling soft (i.e. Full 'N Soft!) The brush is also kind of lame; it's very sparse so I guess it's more for definition and not volume or lengthening purposes. I was not born with lush lashes so I need all the help I can get. This mascara definitely did not help.

on 3/7/2007 1:06:00 AM

Terrible. Not waterproof at all. I was really disappointed and even returned it. This is a classic example of "you get what you pay for." I didn't even laugh myself to tears or go swimming and this junk still came off all on it's own.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I must say, this stuff sucks! I don't understand why it is so popular. Must be the marketing. It is barely there, clumps, drys at just not worth the money.

GREAT mascara! it coats, separates, thickens my lashes. i will def purchase this and im going to try this regular kind as well

on 2/21/2007 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

All Maybelline Waterproof Mascaras seriously SMUDGE on me, period. This was my 1st mascara. I applied it in the morning, and had big raccoon eyes at noon. Now I stay away from Maybelline.

on 2/5/2007 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Despite all the reviews, I like it. It doesn't clump unless you put on more than two layers, and it's actualy a bit more clump-free (in my experience) than CG's non-waterproof lash exact. I think it's because of the brush - the bristles aren't all packed closely together like other clumpy mascara's I've tried. Holds a curl well on my straight lashes. Doesn't give you "glam lashes" like what all the magazines say, but it's a good everyday mascara. I use vaseline as an eye makeup remover and it comes right off.

on 1/27/2007 5:53:00 PM

This mascara is so much better than the non waterproof formula. It smudges so much less. However it only makes lashes look darker. It doesn't give any length, curl or volume to lashes. My lashes are thin and almost invisible without mascara, so it didn't work for me. Oh, it's also really hard to wash off. I won't repurchase.