April 24, 2014 | 1852 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2007 5:53:00 PM More reviews by colorfulme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is so much better than the non waterproof formula. It smudges so much less. However it only makes lashes look darker. It doesn't give any length, curl or volume to lashes. My lashes are thin and almost invisible without mascara, so it didn't work for me. Oh, it's also really hard to wash off. I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonstar

I bought this mascara in Soft Black for 2/$5 (a great deal!) It is what I call "industrial strength" waterproof mascara because no matter what I tried, I could not get it off. I tried everything and anything to absolutely no avail. That was the biggest disadvantage of this mascara. Since I couldn't get it off, my lashes were dry and felt gross. Other than that, this mascara gave me super-long lashes and thickened them. It was also slightly drier than other mascaras, which I liked because it dried quickly and never smeared or flaked. It also had minimal clumps.

I would buy this mascara again if I had a special event like a wedding or through a snowstorm because I know that it never comes off! But for normal everyday wear, it's a bit harsh. Also, this seems to last approx. 2-3 months only but since it is dirt cheap (and you can find it on sale often) that's not really a problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2006 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Caramel4u002

LOVE this mascara.....great product for a reasonable price. I have always heard good reviews about this product and I tried it once and didn't like it for some reason so now some years later I tried it again and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I do like Kiss Me mascara but I like this better because it is cheaper and it makes my lashes look full and dark. Love it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2006 11:16:00 PM More reviews by SGERBINE

Ok, so I bought this cheap mascara thinking maybe I could get away w/ a cheap cosmetic product. Boy was I wrong!!! This clumped up and stayed wet on my lashes for a while. Then, throughout the day (closer to the end) it would rub off around my eyes. I became a racoon. I don't need to use a seperate cleanser b/c Cetaphil gets it off great.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2006 3:40:00 PM More reviews by auxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this mascara for years. It stays on really well too well, actually. The only thing I can get it off with is Almay eye makeup remover pads (the non-oily ones). So although I like the lasting power, I've reached the breaking point with this stuff. It is SOOO clumpy! I scrape and scrape the wand on the edge of the container, but I still can't get enough mascara off to escape clump-free. I'm just tired of it. Hopefully I can find a better one here on MakeupAlley.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2006 4:42:00 AM More reviews by devilina138

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The non-waterproof Great Lash is a pretty good mascara, but this formula is REALLY clumpy. It's also ridiculously hard to get off, even with eye makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2006 8:10:00 PM More reviews by alisonlm7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in dark brown, which is a good everyday mascara color for me (redhead). It is definitely waterproof on me, no "raccoon eyes" for the whole day, even when I put it on my bottom lashes. It doesn't budge until I remove it with a makeup-removing cleanser or vaseline. I apply it with a light hand, and it clumps slightly, but I can fix it up quickly. I think applying it by doing it zig zaggy, if that makes sense, works the best. Starting at the root of your top lashes and move back and forth as you go up. Bottoms can go the same way, or just touch the wand to the bottom lashes. I think Great Lash mascara is good for those who already have long, curly, lush lashes, or something close to that. It reminds me of a lash tint in that way, but maybe a little better at lengthening. It's good for a daytime look, not a "oh are those false lashes?" night club look.

I don't know why it's so often picked as the best d/s mascara. I truly believe it has a lot to do with the packaging colors. Easy to find in the big makeup bag pinks and greens. Maybelline has come out with some better mascaras (I like Full n Soft), but this one seems to be the classic. I see it in a lot of makeup bags. Even in the ones chock full of high end products!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2006 2:21:00 PM More reviews by caca102

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't know why these are on all the "best of" lists in beauty magazines. I think Maybelline and other companies have similar, if not better, products out there for similar prices. It leaves clumps that have to be combed out before it dries but it is indeed waterproof. I don't hate it but there is nothing execptional about it either. Their Volume Express actually builds up volume a lot better (one coat only!) and makes fewer clumps.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2006 4:47:00 PM More reviews by stluciabride

water-proof formula is good, doesn't budge, smudge or clump..... but my Mary Kay e/m remover never quite gets it all off (and it takes off ALL other waterproof products!). I wake up with broken eye lashes on my pillowcase :-(
I'm going to have to switch, this stuff is like super glue!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2006 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Myaspace

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this mascara during this summer for 2-3 months despite of some of the bad reviews here.

I am ok with this product. Good enough for the price. I will probably repurchase. My favorite mascara is still Shu Uemura. Clrains also carrys a great product called Fix'Mascara which will make your regular mascara to waterproof. Those are my favorites but Great Lash Waterproof is ok with me as well. It's easy to get it (drugstore is just around the corner from where I live) and sometimes it's on sale. continued >>