August 21, 2014 | 978 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2007 1:06:00 AM More reviews by PinkHoney

Terrible. Not waterproof at all. I was really disappointed and even returned it. This is a classic example of "you get what you pay for." I didn't even laugh myself to tears or go swimming and this junk still came off all on it's own.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 8:03:00 PM More reviews by mightymittens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I must say, this stuff sucks! I don't understand why it is so popular. Must be the marketing. It is barely there, clumps, drys at just not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by brunettesweeT12

GREAT mascara! it coats, separates, thickens my lashes. i will def purchase this and im going to try this regular kind as well

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2007 2:05:00 PM More reviews by sourbelt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

All Maybelline Waterproof Mascaras seriously SMUDGE on me, period. This was my 1st mascara. I applied it in the morning, and had big raccoon eyes at noon. Now I stay away from Maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by goldensnake7

Despite all the reviews, I like it. It doesn't clump unless you put on more than two layers, and it's actualy a bit more clump-free (in my experience) than CG's non-waterproof lash exact. I think it's because of the brush - the bristles aren't all packed closely together like other clumpy mascara's I've tried. Holds a curl well on my straight lashes. Doesn't give you "glam lashes" like what all the magazines say, but it's a good everyday mascara. I use vaseline as an eye makeup remover and it comes right off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2007 5:53:00 PM More reviews by colorfulme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is so much better than the non waterproof formula. It smudges so much less. However it only makes lashes look darker. It doesn't give any length, curl or volume to lashes. My lashes are thin and almost invisible without mascara, so it didn't work for me. Oh, it's also really hard to wash off. I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonstar

I bought this mascara in Soft Black for 2/$5 (a great deal!) It is what I call "industrial strength" waterproof mascara because no matter what I tried, I could not get it off. I tried everything and anything to absolutely no avail. That was the biggest disadvantage of this mascara. Since I couldn't get it off, my lashes were dry and felt gross. Other than that, this mascara gave me super-long lashes and thickened them. It was also slightly drier than other mascaras, which I liked because it dried quickly and never smeared or flaked. It also had minimal clumps.

I would buy this mascara again if I had a special event like a wedding or through a snowstorm because I know that it never comes off! But for normal everyday wear, it's a bit harsh. Also, this seems to last approx. 2-3 months only but since it is dirt cheap (and you can find it on sale often) that's not really a problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2006 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Caramel4u002

LOVE this mascara.....great product for a reasonable price. I have always heard good reviews about this product and I tried it once and didn't like it for some reason so now some years later I tried it again and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I do like Kiss Me mascara but I like this better because it is cheaper and it makes my lashes look full and dark. Love it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2006 11:16:00 PM More reviews by SGERBINE

Ok, so I bought this cheap mascara thinking maybe I could get away w/ a cheap cosmetic product. Boy was I wrong!!! This clumped up and stayed wet on my lashes for a while. Then, throughout the day (closer to the end) it would rub off around my eyes. I became a racoon. I don't need to use a seperate cleanser b/c Cetaphil gets it off great.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2006 3:40:00 PM More reviews by auxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this mascara for years. It stays on really well too well, actually. The only thing I can get it off with is Almay eye makeup remover pads (the non-oily ones). So although I like the lasting power, I've reached the breaking point with this stuff. It is SOOO clumpy! I scrape and scrape the wand on the edge of the container, but I still can't get enough mascara off to escape clump-free. I'm just tired of it. Hopefully I can find a better one here on MakeupAlley.