October 22, 2014 | 2002 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 3:11:00 AM More reviews by aphelionyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG eyeliner. It's a matte deep black color that has incredible staying power on my oily eyelids. I use it to tightline, and it has minimal transfer. There is a little after about 10 hrs, but it'd better than anything else I've used. I like BB's gel pots better than MAC fluidlines or Stila Smudgepots -and I adore Stila - because they have a better and more consistent consistency (both Stila and MAC are hit or miss, both between colors and batches. MAC's can often be too dry to work with, and Stila does not seem to last as long and dries out incredibly fast, so having a bigger pot of product does not mean a better deal). These have not dried out on me, but I use it every day, so I go through one about every 8 months. Have re-bought for 4 years now, and will continue!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by dehooten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I've never been a fan of eyeliner pots. I just knew I would be returning it after I purchased it, but wanted to give it a try. I'm glad I did. It's so easy to apply, and it doesn't move until I take it off. I have never found an eyeliner that could do that, especially on my combo...oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by mtalla27

This is the little black dress for your makeup collection. Perfect consistency that makes application a breeze. What else can I say about this liner that hasn't been said already?? Nothing. If you are searching for a basic everyday long lasting eyeliner this is it. Of course the quality is just like all the other BB ink liners-superior. A must have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Misha32

I got this as a gift, I've been meaning to try this but was waiting to finish my Stila Smudge Pot first. One this BB has on Stila is the consistency. It glides on very smoothly. Stila Smudge Pots go on nice in the beginning, but then start to dry out a little and is noticeable when applying. That's not to say I don't adore my Smudge Pots. Stila's black is more black with the first application, whereas with BB you have to build the intensity if you want it black black. Also, with Stila you get a lot more product for a few bucks less. Like I noted before, BB stays creamy and goes on smooth, it doesn't dry out like Stila. If I repurchase BB instead of Stila, that'd be the reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by cfronterhouse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the perfect eyeliner for a long day. it goes on smooth, doesnt cake like some liquid and even gel liners do, it lasts forever and doesnt smudge.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by shaichigo

This is one of the best black eyeliner i used that i can actually buy in america. It takes time to get pretty good at putting it on with the brush they insist you buy.. and like some other ppl say, the brush does get worn out easily... I have pretty oil skin and this product doesnt smudge at all and it last all day long.. I put concealer on first..then the eyeliner..and it wont smudge.. also its very easy to wash off... i use those biore makeup remover wipes and it usually comes right off.. i usually follow by another cleanser.. so any bit that doesnt come off will definitely come off after my wash.. will definitely buy again.. usually i buy keep buying it is b/c it drys out..not b/c it runs out.. iguess i dont use it often enough...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this since high school and I've loved it since. Beautiful color and consistency. I have switched to other kinds of eyeliner but ALWAYS come back to this one. Thank you Bobbi Brown!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by xtina62308

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It worked amazingly. That's all I can say =]

The package is a tinyyyy little tub, and it costs 20 bucks USD. It's expensive compared to the MAC Fluidline, but heck, it works super! Never smudges!!! I put it on during the morning and it didn't smudge or budge 9 PM!! Amazing.

Will def repurchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2008 11:01:00 PM More reviews by annaschloo

Ok i haven't tried blacktrack or any fluidlines by MAC but i think the general consensus is that these are smoother and longer lasting than the F/Ls. This is sad, since these melt off in a matter of hours. it is ok for the upper eyelid since there is nowhere for eyeliner on the upper eyelid to melt to, but i have to wear udpp on my lower lashine (talk about uncomfortable!) in order for this to stay throughout the day. I am also putting this on in the thinnest of layers so as not to create that smudged, melted crayon look. Asian oily thin-eyelids for reference
EDIT: ok I was clearly a n00b when i first wrote this review. This is not the perfect eyeliner, but it's the best one there is. until i find my favorite one, I am going to keep using this...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2008 5:16:00 AM More reviews by beesknees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this gel liner. After trying every eyeliner I could, for years, I was searching for something that I wouldn't have to reapply during the day at work, or while out at night. This stuff lasts me all day without one touch up, doesn't smudge and stays really well on the inner rim when I wear it like that at night. It also doesn't give me panda eyes like a lot of liners can do. I use it with the Fine Liner Brush, and the only thing that annoys me about it is that you need to wash it after every single use or else the gel dries on it and it doesn't work as well. This is the only gel liner I've tried, but overall it is a lot better than a traditional pencil or liquid eyeliner.