September 17, 2014 | 1957 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this mask for about a year now, and honestly I'm still not sure what to make of it. I find that it works best in the summer when my skin is oily and less prone to dryness, but during the winter it feels very harsh and actually appears to make my acne worse. I get the feeling this clay would be best suited to oily skin with blackheads, whereas my skin tends to be quite dry and inflamed.
Recently I've been mixing it with a little manuka honey, neem oil and turmeric which seems to alleviate the irritation I was experiencing before. I haven't seen a change in the amount of acne lesions that develop, but it does somewhat dry up the existing ones.
Despite the negatives I still urge everyone to give this a try since it's so affordable and works for a lot of people. Just make sure to follow up with a moisturiser!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Maite5468

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS STUFF!!! I use I with Organic ACV (Bragg's) and add either TTO or Manuka Oil (to kill bacteria) and leave it on till it dries up completely (usually 30-45 mins) my skin a slightly red but that goes away after like 30 mins. I do have to moisturize right away cuz it does dry out my skin, which is also y I cant use it more then twice a week, but that's enough for me! I really feel like it sucks everything out of my pores, I feel it pulsating and it leaves my face super clean! I remove all my MU with jojoba oil (if I'm wearing any) and then cleanse it with Dr.Bronners tea tree soap so I don't need to wash my face after I remove the mask. I got a huge tub and I've had it for like 6 months and I've hardly made a dent in it so this stuff is gonna last me forever! U only need like a TBSP and maybe the same amount of ACV (maybe more just mix little by little till u get the consistency u want) and make sure to not use anything metal because it lessens the effects of the clay. SO GO BUY IT! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by juliejujube

So far I've used this clay mask TWICE. The first time I made too much product, I had to apply the extra mask on my heels and hands. The perfect amount for me is 1/2 tbsp. of clay powder mixed with a scant 1/2 tbsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar. My intial impressions of this mask is it ITCHES and it STINKS. I finally know what other reviewers are saying when they say this mask PULSATES. You literally feel your skin moving, similar to lava flowing and bubbling, minus the burning factor. It just itches. I remove the mask after it hardens by continuously splashing my face with warm water until it softens and washes off my face. I am a little scared this product will clog my drain, but the next place I could wash this off is in my backyard, which I am frankly not down for. After all this, I would still use this mask because my skin was smoother and my scars are getting lighter, YAY! Anyone who says this mask is a pleasant experience is lying, lol. Even though I don't look forward to putting it on, the results have been worth it for me. I'm only going to use it once a week as it is a strong product and I don't want to aggravate my skin too much. Bottom line: Give it a try! I'll be updating my post again after a month's worth of uses.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by docemoda

I wish I found out about this product years ago. I'm 26 with acne prone skin and I've literally spent thousands or more over the years on my skin care and this, THIS has improved my skin and it's barely been a week!!! I mix it with Apple Cider Vinegar (smells funny) but nothing in nature that's good for you always smell like roses so that's not a big deal. Most times I'll 'clay' after steaming my face but it's still great without steaming.

My pores are practically invisible, my acne scarring is lighter (not a lot but I'm noticing less and less) and I usually have 'pits' from healed acne scars and those are reducing too.

If after one week my skin has had such improvement I can only wonder what 3 months would do!!!! I'm also eating more raw organic foods and only using natural products on my skin so that helps.

For under $10 I think this stuff is magic!! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2012 6:07:00 AM More reviews by diaphoneful

I'm SO disappointed. I used raw, organic apple cider, and this product. Maybe I didn't steam my face enough, maybe I applied it too thick, maybe I didn't leave it on enough?

My forehead is now covered in what I could say raised black heads. My skin just recovered from a horrible extraction (I'm unfortunately a horrible pimple popper). I got so depressed I vowed to stop picking and diligently followed my skin regimine.

I'm hoping this is just my skin purging, because in order to stop myself from wrecking havoc on my face I popped a few along my hairline. People say they've experienced this, and applied again the very next night. I'm going to try steaming more and applying a thinner layer, and waiting 30 minutes to an hour.

**UPDATE***
Turns out my skin was just purging. It looked nice and bright and the tiny white pimples went away. Unfortunately, after three weeks, this product doesn't do anything for my skin. Oh well!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

I purchased a huge tub from Whole Foods...it'll probably last me a life time. Interesting clay mask. I suppose it's effective and does what it does. I mix it with the juices from plain yogurt. Leave it on for 10 mins. Rinse. Then finish with a plain yogurt mask to cool off the redness

3/10/13 EDIT:
I use with Apple Cider Vinegar as suggested. It's super drying. Draws everything out of pores esp the nose. You can squeeze all the pores after rinsing this mask off since it draws it all to the surface.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by jellyfiish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is easily the best clay mask I have used. I was using LUSH's Mask of Magnaminty, and it worked great, but the price is just way too steep to keep repurchasing it. I bought two tubs and was out 60 dollars! I just couldn't keep paying that much for a clay mask. I did a little research online and found this little jewel. On Amazon.com it was about seven dollars and some change, so I thought what the heck it's worth a try. It arrived on time, and the first time I used it was with just water. It worked just as well if not better than my old LUSH mask. There is no tingly minty feeling but honestly I'd rather not have that or the minty scent since they get overpowering sometimes. This mask dried very quickly, and I really could feel my face pulsate! Now, mind you, I have really bad acne. After using this, I haven't seen any new blemishes. I went out and bought apple cider vinegar after using it with just water, since it was kind of hard to mix, and it mixes like a dream now. The clay and apple cider vinegar together make a wonderful fluffy mixture that spreads on like a dream. Removal can be a little tough but it's nothing that will deter me from using it. Like others have said, your face will be red for about half an hour afterwards but just use it at night before bed so there won't be any issues with that. The tub leaks a little bit but I can live with that. All in all it is my new HG mask! I suggest it to all my friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by d0llie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this clay after reading page after page of positive reviews, and I must say I agree with every one of them! This clay is amazing, and it comes with so much in the package I won't have to buy it again for a very long time! The cheapest place to buy it is at iherb.com. The regular price here is a little under $6 which is already cheaper then anywhere else, BUT if you use the code KOY923 at checkout, you will get $5 off meaning it is only about $1! I know, I had trouble believing it too but sure enough that was the price! I used it with "Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother" by Dynamic Health which I also purchased at iherb.com for a really cheap price. The container says to mix it with equal parts ACV and clay, but I found that to be a little too runny, so I added some more clay. I would say the perfect amount for one mask to cover your entire face and neck would be 1 tablespoon clay with a little less then 1 tablespoon ACV. The clay was more brown in color then I expected, but that's probably because I'm used to using QHMJM. When I mixed the clay with the ACV it fizzed for a few seconds, then turned into a nice smooth textured mask. I put it on my entire face and my neck and left it on for about 40 minutes. I turned the fan on in my room while it was drying for some extra air flow. The mask began to harden right away, and began to feel tight after about 20 minutes. It got a little itchy in spots, but nothing uncomfortable. After 40 minutes the mask was dry and very very tight. To remove the mask, I got a warm washcloth and dapped my face all over, and let the water soak into it for a few seconds. This got the mask wet again, and it wiped off very easily. I was honestly amazed with the results after just one use! My skin appeared so clear, and the few pimples I had were already gone! My skin was patchy red after using it, but that went away after about 30 minutes. I honestly love this, and am so glad I bought it! I'm going to start using it once a week, and I can't wait to see the long term results of repeated use!! I would recommend using your favorite moisturizer after you wash it off. LOVE THIS STUFF!!! :)

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by haily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING! It makes my super acne prone skin sooo much soft...like never. It feels so clean after rinsing.....so fresh...
It didn't break me out ,no problems with it at all. I just don't have enough words to recommend it! Seriously,...you have to try it,you have to experience this,it definitely worth trying!!!!
I mix it with apple vinegar. I tried it with water,it's ok,but I decided it works better with vinegar.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by chearst

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is the business. Back in the day when I was kid, I found a tub of this in my aunt's bathroom cabinet and surrepticiously gave it a try. The suction was so intense I was like, whoa, that was an experience. Fast foward about 15 years later, and I'm watching this woman on TV get a facial with some kind of vaccuum tool sucking a bunch of pink gunk out of her seemingly clean skin, and I thought, that's what I need, some intense suction, and then I remembered this mask. Had to google a bit ot figure out the name and then immediately went out and bought a tub at Whole Foods.

I initially used water, but switched to apple cider vinegar and I think it works better that way. The only downside to this product, as far as I'm concerned, is that it comes in powder form and is a bit of a hassle and slightly messy to mix up before each use, but I get why that's necessary, as it would otherwise completely dry itself no matter kind of container you put it in. It's also nice to be able to adjust the thickness according to your preferences.

As everyone else has said, the suction is incredibly intense. It's uncomfortable. My nose always start to itch shortly after application, which bugs me to death, but that passes as it dries. Also, I have to stay hidden away in my bedroom with this on because I look absolutely freakish as it dries. I also leave it on for some time--it takes quite a while for it to fully dry and if you put it on really thick it never will (it's sill sucking away though, dry or not). Anyway, I try to give it at least and hour. I usually apply the mask and then do my nails.

I have acne prone skin and use prescription meds to control it, but it does something the meds can't and will absolutely clear up and prevent and beakouts and promote faster healing. I had this awful stubborn breakout after trying some new skincare products--my forehead was absolutely covered with ugly little bumps and few bigger once and after I stopped using the products it would not go away despite my continued use of the the acne meds. Well, I knew this mask would solve the problem, so I resolved to use it nightly for a week or two and sure enough my skin's clearing up nicely. Welcome back attractive forehead. Do I need to say that I love this mask? I'm not always consistent about using it because I'm lazy, but I should be. Once or twice a week is probably ideal.

In summary, it's extremely effective, natural, and inexpensive (a tub lasts forever). Do give it a try.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No