October 30, 2014 | 1345 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by malcontent

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Be careful with this mask if you have dry skin. I have thin, sensitive, fair skin that tends to be dry. I use this mask only rarely, as I know it has a tendency to make my skin red and irritated, but I can get desperate with the occasional breakout. I sometimes get a few (deep and swollen) spots on my face at a certain time in my cycle, and the mask can bring them to the surface, calm them, and clear them out faster. The price is red and dry skin though. I've read through the reviews, and, for most people, the redness seems temporary. However, I can expect it to last about 48 hours, and that's not a good look on fair skin that generally has a smooth, porcelain appearance. As well, no matter how much I moisturize, I will get dry, flaky patches. This holds true even if I use jojoba, almond, or coconut oil on my face after the mask. I think this is probably a good product for most people, but it's not really going to control acne on anyone with dry skin, especially as it can exacerbate dryness to an extreme degree. My skin is usually under control, thankfully, so I probably use this mask only a few times a year. Next time I will probably try a VERY thin layer that can dry quickly. It might help if I left the mask on >10 minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Anne184

Best mask ever. I only use it on my oily t-zone because I have very dry cheeks. Be careful- this will clog your drains! I live in an apartment on the top floor so washing the mask off in a pail of water to avoid clogging my drains,then running down three sets of stairs with the pail, and then dumping it out in the bushes.....is well, inconvenient for me. Plus, my nosy neighbors are probably wondering what the heck I am doing! So my next best mask is the Queene Helene mint julep mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Michelle219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never given a rating this high for any product I have reviewed on MUA but this mask deserves it. The price is extremely reasonable for the large amount that is in the tub. I initially stayed away from Aztec because I thought it would be a pain to mix my own clay mask Ė but it really isnít and I actually like making a fresh batch each time I use it (I use apple cider vinegar). My skin feels and looks so good the morning after I have a mask.

Just an fyi...immediately after removing the mask I am red I need the overnight time to allow the redness to clear. I also only use this mask once a week because it is too strong to use more frequently than that at least for my skin. This mask is amazing but be careful with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by AmandaHennick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved this!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by wathenem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wished this worked for me, I've been using it for like 2 years now as the tub hasn't run out yet, and i just don't get the hype! first of all, its SO unpleasant to use, it hurts on your face when it dries, takes forever to wash off, smells bad with the apple cider vinegar, and leaves your face red, dry and overall just dull looking and feeling. Using it always puts me in a bad mood lol. i think it would work better as a spot treatment because it probably does affect acne, but if you have normal skin on your cheeks and forehead just skip those areas because the mask will not improve skin there where you don't have acne for it to dry up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by GrumpyAngel222

WOW! This stuff is Amazing! This is exactly what I have been looking for, essentially. Even my husband has commented on how my complexion has improved since using this for masks. I consider myself somewhat of a product junkie- mask whore, so I am always on the search for the best stuff to help my skin. I am oily-acne prone, with hormonal cystic acne. I use Apple Cider Vinegar and mix in "extras" with each new batch. This last batch I opened a Fish oil/Borage Oil capsule and mixed it in, to add in some moisture. My skin does get really red and itchy when using this, but it does calm down after a bit. It does "pull" and "pulsate" your face, and loosens pores and gets all that junk out. I will definitely repurchase once I run out. I ordered a pretty big jug, and it will last for a long time. PLUS, if you order from iherb.com, use code: XON769, you will get $5.00 off your first order. And, free shipping on U.S. orders over $20.00, and no tax! AWESOME! =)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by some1ukno

I would not recommend this product for people with dry skin. I am quite picky when it comes to facial masks. So the mask is not horrible, it is just not great. The first few seconds after the facial my face is super smooth. Couple hours it is dry flakey skin. I put moisturizer immediately after facial and it does not work. I am a wrinkle-phobe...and I can see the wrinkles are more prominent.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by babochka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm very pleased with this mask, it cleared up my acne very fast and since using it I feel my skin is very tight and my pores are less visible.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by ballerine1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best mask I have ever tried and the only one I think is necessary.

My skin fluctuates between being normal and combination. A while back, I had a lot of acne and although the worst is over, I still have some mild scarring and issues with some pores. This stuff sucks everything out! It really is INCREDIBLE!

I have to plan ahead though, since I like to keep it on for at least 30 minutes and I find that it itches like crazy if I move my face in the least. So I only put this when I have time to lie down.

I've tried it with ACV. Works great! It is a little harsh that way though so I would advise people with very sensitive skin to take it off sooner. To remove, I do splash my face with warm water until the mask softens, because once it dries it really has a strong grip on your skin and rubbing it off would cause damage.

Lately, I have been mixing it with yogurt. I actually really prefer it this way. It is still really powerful, but it doesn't itch as much when I have it on and there is something soothing about the yogurt that works well with this. Anyway, you have to try it yourself.

Of course, this will not work for everyone. Chronic acne (which I once had) is often caused by something internal, such as an imbalance in the body (hormonal, bacterial, etc.) which needs to be addressed by a practitioner that has experience with balancing/detoxing the body (chinese medicine, ayurvedic medicine, naturopaths, etc.) If the body needs to detox, no cream or mask can stop it from doing so.
But if you have issues with oily skin, clogged pores, blackheads, pimples, you will probably adore this stuff!!!

This clay doesn't smell (it is the ACV that has a really strong smell), it's cheap, it is natural, it lasts forever, you can mix it with different ingredients depending on what your skin needs, and it is one of those rare products that actually does what it claims to do...
PERFECTION!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by princess2010

This is THE best mask! It works! The packaging says it pulsates and it's not lying. You can actually feel your face pulsating. This mask has actually brought pimples to a head that I didn't even know I had! It helps cystic acne heal faster and cleans out pores. I highly recommend it! You mix it with equal parts apple cider vinegar and mask. I spread it on with a fan brush then let it sit and pulsate. When it comes time to take it off it's best to put a warm cloth on your face and loosen it up. Your face will be red when it comes off but that's normal and will go away. I use it once a week unless I have spots I need to go away faster. You can spot treat with it too and just put it over a pimple or cyst instead of your whole face. The mask is pretty inexpensive and lasts FOREVER! Several of my friends have this mask and we all love it.