LUSH Butterball Bath Bomb

4.3

on 3/21/2006 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The first bomb I ever tried and the only bomb I've repurchased time and time again over the course of 8 years. I love the way the cocoa butter coats my skin. It doesn't have stupid glitter or dried petals or dye. The fragrance is a sensual synthetic musk. This is hands-down the best bath bomb ever put out by LUSH.
UPDATE - August 24, 2014: I just repurchased this bath bomb and realized I have been using this beautiful product for 15 years!!! It hasn't changed and I still love it above all others.

on 3/21/2006 3:04:00 PM

This is my favorite of all the LUSH bomb, but I really don't care about colored water and such. It is super-moisturizing and leaves a film on your skin after you get out of the tub-which I happen to like. The smell is soft, but comforting. I'd say the scent is somewhere is the range of a Burt's Bees Baby Bee product-nothing special, but soft and comforting.

on 2/23/2006 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very cute little bomb. This is probably the most emollient bomb Lush has. I didn't notice much of a scent sadly. This is great for treating yourself to a rich bath once in awhile.

on 2/13/2006 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

One of my favorite bath bombs in winter time. When I first saw it I wasn't too sure about it because it was smaller then other balls but once I put it in my bath tub I saw bits of cocoa butter in it that melt in the heat of the bath water. My skin was definitely moisturized and it smells great afterwards.

on 2/7/2006 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

An ok bath bomb. While it left a nice layer of oil on my skin after I got out of the bath, the bath itself wasn't much of an experience. The scent is sweet and gentle but in the bath it's far too faint, and it doesn't colour the water or anything like that, so the actual bathing part is pretty mediocre. The chunks of cocoa butter are surprisingly large, my skin felt a little greasy afterwards but nice and soft. Skin benefits aside - if I'm going to put 7 bucks into my bath I want it to be as strong as possible, so I probably wouldn't repurchase this bomb, but I will continue to try others in the Lush range.

on 2/3/2006 5:01:00 AM

This is one of my favorite bath bombs. At first I wasn't too sure about it because it was so small and it didn't turn the water any cool colors but butterball is fantastic in that it is superbly moisturizing and it smells divine. Sort of a musky vanilla.

on 2/2/2006 4:48:00 PM

I was initially disappointed in this because the smell is so faint and it doesn't have the whimsical colorings of other LUSH bombs. However, once I stepped out of the bath, I was amazed by how soft my skin felt. This is a perfect no-frills moisturizer.

on 1/17/2006 8:32:00 AM

I purchased the Mr. Butterball bathbomb. It was smaller than I expected and had a funny smell. My bf even agreed that this had a funny smell as well. I will not repurchase.

on 1/6/2006 11:36:00 AM

I cannot smell the great vanilla-musk fragrance everyone talks about. The fragrance is EXTREMELY faint to my nose. Second, it didn't moisturize my extremely sensitive, dry, itchy skin. I need serious body creams to take care of my skin during harsh NY winters, and only L'Occitane's Shea Butter body cream and POTL body cream do the job well. Third, this product actually irritated my skin (keep in mind that it's insanely sensitive). Underwhelming and not for me, although I'm glad I tried it. I'm not too upset because they've got about 10 other bath bombs I like.

on 1/3/2006 2:52:00 AM

This is my very favorite of the LUSH bathbombs. A very light vanilla-musk smell, and melting chunks of cocoa butter leave you soft and smooth. Great for the dry skin itchies! No color to scrub off your bathtub, either!

Popular Bath Treatments