LUSH Butterball Bath Bomb

4.3

I wasn't much of a bath person until I bought my first few Lush Ballistics. Butterball was the very first one I used. It made my skin feel soft and moisturized. I didn't need to use lotion after my bath. It smells nice...like vanilla and cocoa butter. I've purchased a few of these now and each time I love it more. I don't like the ring it leaves around the tub it comes off easily.

on 4/5/2006 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have re-bought the Butterball bomb several times. Very moisturizing, leaves my skin so soft when I get out of the tub. Not very strong smelling, just a comfortable cocoa butter smell. My only gripe is it leaves a ring in the tub.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hmm, after hearing raves of melting cocca butter slivers I was expecting more...but I'm not ready to toss out this humble bomb yet. It did the job, fizzing away and little spots of butter in the tub. No real color, just oil beads and a softy/vanilla-y musk smell that was very soft! I was expecting melty goodness with a huge edible vanilla. But still it was soothing, and I think I'll visit the humble butteball a few more times before I pass judgement. I think it would a little better combined with a bath melt or bubble bar.

PS. Compared to Me Bath Ice Cream, Lush bombs are a good price.

on 4/1/2006 11:25:00 PM

This was an OK bath product in my opinion. It did leave my skin very moisturized but I didn't really like the smell. I did swap for 2 of these so I did not pay for them but I do not see myself paying 3 or 4 dollars a pice for them. Overall, OK but not something I will seek out again.

Ive tried several of the LUSH bath bombs and have not been impressed until this one. I really liked this one...the scent was just right, very fresh and not overpowering of floral like all the others have seemed to be. This one also seemed moisturizing UNLIKE all the others which have made my skin very dry feeling. Not sure what the scent is but it was very nice....this is probably the ONLY lush bomb I would repurchase!

on 3/29/2006 1:35:00 AM

I had this one in the form of Mr. Butterball. Snowman shaped. At first it smelled like baby powder to me, but then softened a bit. I put it in the tub & the butter started coming out. It was brown & goopy. I didn't really like it much. It felt like I was bathing in a tub of oil!! Eeek. It was really slippery & left a brown ring around my tub. The scent was nice, but the grease was not!

on 3/28/2006 5:31:00 PM

Butterball. Hmm. This is a nice change from the other LUSH bombs I've tried! It's an almost foody slightly musty vanilla scent. Like off Vanilla, powdery, mildewy? It's supposed to be musk but I smell dust. I do like the scent, though. This bomb has little chunks of cocoa butter in it that melt in the bathwater and make a film all over everything. Definitely moisturizing, which is a far cry from most LUSH products I've tried. Saves me the trouble of having to put lotion on afterwards, but makes the bathtub slippery. Scent is faint in the water, but stays on skin a good while. I did have an allergic reaction to this the first time I used it... Even after that, I'd be willing to buy this again.

on 3/21/2006 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The first bomb I ever tried and the only bomb I've repurchased time and time again over the course of 8 years. I love the way the cocoa butter coats my skin. It doesn't have stupid glitter or dried petals or dye. The fragrance is a sensual synthetic musk. This is hands-down the best bath bomb ever put out by LUSH.
UPDATE - August 24, 2014: I just repurchased this bath bomb and realized I have been using this beautiful product for 15 years!!! It hasn't changed and I still love it above all others.

on 3/21/2006 3:04:00 PM

This is my favorite of all the LUSH bomb, but I really don't care about colored water and such. It is super-moisturizing and leaves a film on your skin after you get out of the tub-which I happen to like. The smell is soft, but comforting. I'd say the scent is somewhere is the range of a Burt's Bees Baby Bee product-nothing special, but soft and comforting.

on 2/23/2006 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very cute little bomb. This is probably the most emollient bomb Lush has. I didn't notice much of a scent sadly. This is great for treating yourself to a rich bath once in awhile.

Popular Bath Treatments