October 23, 2014 | 1107 users online

Foundations - Chanel - Pro Lumiere Professional Finish Make-Up ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2007 7:14:00 AM More reviews by nerdgirl72

I am on a foundation mission at the moment, and had tried this in duty free and liked it. It seemed to cover and last well but being suspicious of airport lighting I decided to try it again at another counter and it seemed fine when it was applied by the sales assistant.

Well, now I have bought it, I have to say I am not very impressed, and think I will be returning to my current HG, YSL's Radiant Touch foundation.

Lovely packaging, functional and chic, so what's the problem? First of all, the weird oily texture - very slippery. One pump is meant to cover the whole face - this was the case when applied with a foundation brush, but I needed another pump when I applied with fingertips (the recommended method). The initial coverage is OK, better with a brush than fingertips in my opinion, but the finish looks almost plasticky rather than dewy. I have combination skin, but it tends to need a bit of hydration, but this made it look as if I have oily skin. Definitely needs powder on top. To think I was worried that it would be too matte!
    Secondly, it does not seem to last very well. My boyfriend took a photo of me last night and my forehead was just an expanse of oil and pores. And finally the colour (Limpide) although just about pale enough for my pale complexion is slightly too yellow for my skin tone, although you could say that is my own stupid fault.

Anyway, after three days of use I just can't recommend this - if you are looking for a luminous finish without the oil slick try the YSL (NB I do not work for them!)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2007 1:32:00 PM More reviews by sfhillerin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is 10:30 am and my face is a greasy mess and my pores are huge. Perfect color match (voile soft bisque), easy application, nice coverage, but no way would I get this again. Waaaay to oily for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2007 11:43:00 PM More reviews by exoticorchid

I really wanted to like this product. I found the perfect colour match for my skin in Clair. Sadly, I did not find this product to be 'Semi matt' at all... My poor combination skin looked so shiny with minimal coverage. I hoped this would be a less drying winter foundation, however the shine was just uncontrollable. So sad!
    *update*- I have discovered that over my regular foundation, this makes a quite attractive highlighter around the eyes, I wouldn't dare use it anywhere near the T zone though, but in less prone to shine areas it does impart a nice glow. which makes me think that the success of this foundation really seriously depends on your skin type.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2007 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Fruitini

Decided to give this a go after using Double Perfection Fluid for a while and man, what a disappointment! Guess I'm in the minority here but it just sat on my combination skin like an greasy oil slick, no lasting power whatsoever (even with primer), accentuated my pores and lines and the fragrance is just so off putting I actually gagged the first few times I put it on! :(
    I have seriously never experienced a worse foundation then this, found it so uncomfortable to wear that I felt like scratching my face off! Really tried to like it but just could not tolerate it and only managed to use it for a maximum of 7 times. Sorry but the only good thing I can say about this product is the pump bottle packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2007 10:49:00 PM More reviews by RococoRose

I really liked this product when I first bought it, it was a very illuminating foundation. I always buy the new Chanel foundations because they have served me so well in the past. The first bottle was great, my skin looked radiant, alive and glowing with health. It wore nicely for about 5 hours at school, I always feel that my makeup just slide off at school for some reason, but during the weekend it lasted about 7 hours. At my work (weekend/evenings supermaket checkout girl) it lasted all day, which is odd because of the intensive air conditioning. Perhaps its jus the artificial lights... Anyway, the txture is a silky fine liquid, the scent a little sandy I thought. Coverage is sheer to medium. When I use this now, I always powder with Poudre Douce in Peche. I liked my first bottle so much, I bought a second, whih has been a huge dissapointment. My complexion looks muddy if I apply anymore that a very sheey layer, and very shiny (not oily) and shimmery. I save this one for nights out now. I still have two thirds left and only use occasionly so the likelyhood of re-purchasing is very slim.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by carluna

I actually got this as a gift from my mom who swears by chanel and clarins for her face. So far, its the best foundation I have. Its a great match to my skin (#20,clair). like the other reviews, it has a dewy finish. I dust a finishing powder to tone it down. It doesnt settle into fine lines, and i just get a creamy quality to my skin. The spf is also great. Plus, the packaging is genius! Will definitely invest in one, once my bottle is done. Or maybe, will ask my mom to get me another.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 4:16:00 PM More reviews by virnadcat

At last I have found a liquid foundation that really matches my skin tone. This one when used alone has a sheer effect on my skin but I have been using this under the Chanel Double Perfection Compact and it works wonders. I love how it feels when you put it on with your fingertips. You have more control on the application than using wedge sponges because you don't notice that you have applied a lot already. It also stays the whole day, So far I have not gotten any breakouts till now. Does not make my skin too oily or dry. It's just right.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by sfitz

excellent all over coverage. Take some time to pick the colour that suits you best and you will not be disappointed. Does not settle in fine lines. Beautiful finish (looks oily on initial application but settles after a few minutes) highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2007 9:17:00 PM More reviews by varadesign

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this foundation. My big problem was that my old foundation was exaggerating my fine lines. I wanted something that didn't. I had never tried Chanel's foundation before, and decided to give it a go. I've only used it for 2 days, and I honestly don't think I can take another.

The color is really orange. Almost every one of their colors looked orange on me, but this was the closest match we could get. Still the orange tone really makes me cringe. Also I don't believe for a second that there's no oil in this product. Them saying there is not is a stinking lie. It goes on oily. It leaves your face with more shine than the sun. I tried blotting it with my "oil absorbing sheets"; these sheets never take off make-up, only oil...for the first time ever the make-up came up with the oil! I wonder why?? Maybe because there's oil in the make-up?! No matter how much powder I put on it's non-stop shine all day. I can't stand it. This was $50 down the drain, because this weekend I'm off to try something from Shiseido. The only plus I will give it is that it did not exaggerate my fine lines :P

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2007 9:20:00 AM More reviews by JUTKA

I was using Vitalumiere before but it made my face really oily and even with powder it would shine after an hour. The first time I applied pro-lumiere I found it just as greasy but that is only becuase I used too much. I would not say that it is semi-matte but it is less shiny that Vitalumiere and it gets beautfully abosrbed in the skin, no need to pat the skin or warm the foundation when applying it, which is great as I have to get up early in the morning. It lasts really well and does not get shinier, which I found great. Definitely worth buying.