November 24, 2014 | 2029 users online

Powder - Alima - Satin Matte Mineral Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by ViciRose

I ordered several samples to get my color. Turns out I'm Olive 1. It is pretty great actually to find something that matches my tone without being to dark. I'm not sure I have found a better match. I actually think I could go a smidgen darker... maybe I will blend in a bit of the Olive 1.5 and see how that works. I'm not sure I like the finish as well as I do BE or even MaryKay mineral. I know a lot of people dont like the BE dewy look but I do like it. It seems fresh and healthy. Although, I can't find a decent color match with BE. Mary Kay is okay, I don't think it is all that good for my skin, sometimes clogs pores. Hum... there is no such thing as perfect I guess.

UPDATE: this stuff sucks. It turns into a oil slick by the end of the day, and honestly I have never used another product that does that. Whats worse, is that the oil sits right on top of my skin, the makeup seems to float on top.. so it look like.... I don't know... melting skin? not sexi

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2008 10:40:00 AM More reviews by robynethridge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ordered some foundation samples from Alima, and I do like the foundation. However, I like everday minerals better. Alima is heavier going on, covers better, but at the same time is doesn't blend in with my skin and look as natural. I don't want to look like I am wearing make-up and I just can't achieve this look as well with alima. When my skin is acting up, I normally reach for one of the alima samples to get more coverage, but the majority of the time I use everyday minerals.

I was able to find a color I liked with alima easily; took me a little longer with EM. I just don't think the foundation blends in as well. Sorry alima!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2008 5:35:00 PM More reviews by lovepinkkx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i tried a sample of this in N-0 ... awesome foundation.
works great with my oily skin... i went to the bathroom half as many times as i usually do because blotting was not as urgent:)
some foundations i have used in the past, their application at first is flawless.. but then it quickly fades as the day goes by. Alima foundation doesn't do that. It lasts for a good 6-8 hours! ah i love alima<33

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by kellybella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation wears like iron! I've had problems with foundations melting off or pooling in my pores by the end of the day. Not Alima! This provides medium coverage with one application (I apply it wet with a damp kabuki). I found my match in my first round of samples, which was great!

I highly recommend this for gals with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by miss_pretty

I do want to say that the Ivory foundations are almost white. I'm very pale and they made me look at bit washed out. So, buy a color that is darker than you think you need or buy several samples before committing.

The product is really really nice. I bought several samples of their primer, concealer, color correcting powders and foundations before going to Palm Springs for Coachella. I have a tendency to get very oily in my T-Zone and am acne prone. I wanted to have a nice face for the event, without sweating off all my makeup.

When applied the make up looks very natural, just like your skin. I spent hours at the festival, often dancing in tents over 100 F and my make up didn't fail me. I like some Alima products better than others, but I'd say that their foundation is a really solid and good mineral makeup.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Juicysmo

I received several samples today that I ordered and the very first one I tried was perfect (Olive 0). I emailed them for help on my shade and they got it right! It felt fresh and light all day. I used some rice paper around 11 am for shininess, other than that, didn't need to reapply!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by sarahinaz

Wonderful mineral makeup. After going through numerous samples, I finally ordered a regular sized jar in Neutral 3. And with regard to their samples, they send a lot more per sample than some companies do.

It's easy to "build" this makeup on your face, if you need some extra coverage in a few areas, without it looking too heavy.

I love their points program, and the fact that you can return your empty foundation containers for a free eyeshadow. You can never have enough shades of eyeshadow, right? :)

Alima and Everyday Minerals are my two favorite MMUs right now, and in my opinion they are both excellent products.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by k10573

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have really fallen in love with Alima! As past reviewers have said - they are top class! First their customer service is excellent! Teressa (their Makeup Artist) is absolutely wonderful and helpful - from mixing up colors over the phone to personally finding your right shade - she is a gem! I never knew a good foundation until I tried Alima. The foundation stays on all day, has great coverage, yet melts into your skin so you don't even appear to be wearing makeup. The color selection is superb (I wear a combination of O-0 and W-1) and they will personally mix up what you need. I have tried Aromaleigh, BE, EM, Jane Iredale and Alima has had the best color selection of any of them. There is no whiteish sheen as I found with other foundations and there is no color changing through the day, no oxidation or oranging. It stays matte well into the evening for me.

Alima uses European grade minerals which makes a big difference in their quality. Their foundation is powdery soft but still has enough umph to stay on without having to be grainy or heavy. I know everyone's skin is different, but Alima is truly worth trying if you haven't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the more expensive e-tailer mineral foundations; but the good news is that the sample sizes are really affordable, so you can afford to try to your heart's content before commiting to a full size. They also have an incredible color range. I'm an C3/NC30 in MAC so I wasn't sure if I would fall under the Gold range (I have a lot of yellow undertones), the Warm range, or the Olive Range. I tried G2, G3, W2, and W3 by themselves, on. They were all fine and the foundation "melded" into my skin and looked so natural; the "2" level was a little too light. The 3 level is the right depth but I'm really a W3, the G3 is a little too yellow but I got away with it for the day. I ended up putting all my samples together and mixed them and it's actually a really good color combination. Later, I tried Olive 2 and Olive 3 on their own. Olive 2 is almost perfect for me on its own but a little ashy. I like the combo of Olive 2, G2, and W3 the best now. I love how this foundation covers and is not shiny at all; it has very good coverage but it isn't obvious on the skin. Also it holds up well at the end of the day, but I'm so oily I need a primer. I first tried it with Fyrinnae's rice powder primer, which was fine, but I found I prefer the Alima balancing primer more. This is what I was hoping for in mineral foundation when I first tried it. I am testing the gamut of EM formulas after finding the correct color/concealer combo, so I will update this as needed; I'm not sure yet which will get the full size "reorder" - although from the EM Semi Matte, this is better and I am fresher at the end of the day. I have yet to try the EM Matte, Intensive and Glo formulas- thought I would try them all to see exactly which one is right for me. I know which Alima is right for me. If I had started with the right color in Alima before BE, I would have never gone looking for something else. It's really great.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 1:08:00 AM More reviews by nightbreaker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm an aspiring makeup artist and wanted to feature mineral foundations in my kit. I got a bunch of samples from Alima so I could test some out on future/present clients and myself. First of all, foundation colors are way lighter in person, which intimidated me a little at first. I tried the deepest color I had ordered (I'm an african american with dry to combination multi-tonal deep tan skin with yellow undertone) which was Clove W-6. Simply gorgeous. It worked perfectly. Usually other foundations concentrate on orangish tones instead of more yellow-based. Very good over all coverage, although I did use a little liquid concealer on some of my scars. Made my skin look creamy and dewy and like I had perfect skin. Will definitely buy full size. :)