Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

3.3

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C12 16 Alkyl Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Extract (Feverfew), Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Magnesium Aspartate, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Potassium Aspartate, Propylparaben, Sarcosine, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Steareth 2, Steareth 12, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Water

on 6/13/2009 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

For reference I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin.

I bought this because i was looking for a moisturizer that wont sting my face. I know,it sounds like i have over sensitive skin but let me explain.

Last year Acne Free stopped working on my acne prone skin. I decided to buy Neutrogena's Kit for Acne and i got my clear face back but after 3 weeks my face started to get irritated from it. I started to have little bumps everywhere on my face and my face got really itchy like crazy. So i stopped it.

I decided to go to a dermatologist (again, my first experience didnt work out for me). She prescribed me Differin, some oral antibiotic and Brevoxyl wash. Again my face started clearing up and then horrible things happen. Haha just kidding, its not that bad but my face started peeling, burning and stinging. It says on the Differin website that these side effects were normal at first. Which is true, my face got use to it.

Now with my review on this product.
When i was using the prescriptions, every time i use my Olay moisturizer afterwards my face burned like crazy. I have to fan myself to relieve the pain. It was really bad. Dont get me wrong. I love Olay moisturizers but the stuff that i was using for my face made me irrittated to it. So yeah, I used Aveeno ultra calming moisturizer and it became my HG. There was still a little bit of stinging at first but IT DOES WHAT IT SAYS. It will really take away the redness, flakiness, and irritation. It also has a pleasant smell. It smells like babies :3. It's a little bit on the expensive side for me but IT WORKS. It didnt clog my pores either.

I'm on my second bottle now and when i ran out I'll but their positively radiant one. The ultra calming one does its job but it doesn't do much of evening your skin tone and controlling your oily face. I would still love to buy this product over and over again.

on 6/8/2009 1:33:00 PM

I've bought this many time s=) I am a red head with freckles and spend alot of time outside..I need thick protection. If you want a tan or your dark you may not want this. but if your fair and need not to be burn this is great!! it offers great coverage and for people with roceaca it is the best otc product out there!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe that this product got an overall rating of only 3.2 because I love this moisturizer so much. It has completely changed my skin for the better since I've started using it. I have sensitive combo skin that gets red and breaks out easily. After using this (along with the aveeno ultra-calming night cream), i've noticed how wonderful my skin looks. I don't break out anymore (except during my period), and my skin isn't blotchy anymore. I get compliments on how smooth and creamy my skin looks (b/c this product has spf15). B/c I have combination skin, I had a hard time finding the right moisturizer that I could use both on my oily t-zone as well as my super-dry cheeks. Other moisturizers would either exacerbate the oiliness of my forward and nose, or else they wouldn't moisturize my cheeks enough. After using this product, my cheeks are well hydrated, and I've noticed how my t-zone isn't oily anymore! In other words, using this product on my entire face has basically changed my combo skin to normal skin. I find that this product works for my skin during the winter and the summer. I love the packaging of this product (it's a pump, so it's more hygienic). Even though the bottle looks pretty small for the price, a lot goes a long way. I would say that one bottle lasts me AT LEAST 6 months. Other reviewers have complained about the smell, but in all honesty, I really like it (and i'm usually picky about smells!). I'm surprised that people find the smell offensive, because to me the scent is very light and pleasant. I highly, highly recommend this product for people who are acne-prone or who have combo skin.

on 5/31/2009 9:26:00 PM

You know what I find ironic? The fact this product is called Ultra Calming and it does just the opposite. Yes, it may be a great daily moisturizer, but once I wash it off, holy crap, there will be red patches around my face like I've just got some kind of horrible skin diseases. If I got lucky I would also get a few pimples as a bonus. Yeah...probably not gonna repurchase. Ever. Again.

on 5/23/2009 9:21:00 PM

Maybe I'm using a different product from every other reviewer here cause I've had a completely different experience! I absolutely love this lotion. It is very light, and has a soothing scent to it. It applies easily and seeps in fast (within 15s). My only complaint is that even when its been locked, the start of a squirt is slightly dried.

on 5/7/2009 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lovely lightweight moisturizer that soaks well into my dry cheeks and takes only a little longer on my oily t zone. Has not made me break out unlike the other Aveeno postively radiant one. Only on day two so no noticeble change in redness of my cheeks yet but I will update at the end of the bottle and add a lippie if it does take the redness away. Another lippie off for the smell - once again of sunscreen which makes my eyes water.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I wanted an oil free moisturizer for my very aggravated, acne-prone skin. I used the night cream until I realized it was balling up on my skin. I didn't really like this lotion the first time I used it, and after using it for about a week, I still didn't like it. Firstly I like that it's thick, and not watery, but it still didn't moisturize enough for me. Also, I feel like the sunscreen in it made this lotion look incredibly white on my skin. It did have a slightly oily feel to it on my skin. But basically I just don't think it will do much for my skin at all: wasn't very moisturizing and make my skin look a bit chalky and bland. Since i'm having such good results with lush's fresh farmacy, I started using their vanishing cream moisturizer instead.

This lotion did not live up to my expectations. I thought it would be great -- natural ingredients, calms redness, and sun protection. It also claimed to be non-comeodogenic and oil-free...i can't dispute any of those claims, as i didn't use it for long enough to really be able to tell. i think it calmed some redness, but like i said, i didn't use for long enough to see a real change. The reason why i didn't use it for long was because it did not help combat any of my skins dryness at all! it didnt help control any flakes...it also stings a little bit. it smells nice, but the fragrance may irritate some with sensitive skin, so be aware of that. one time, i got a little bit of this lotion in my under-eye area, and it STUNG and left dry skin that just looked so gross and didnt go away for a few weeks, even with the miosturizer i use for my eye area. if it had at least helped my skin to not be flaky, i would say it was worth the price i paid of $18...if you have sensitive skin, i would say to use with caution, and know what your skin is sensitive to. i DONT even have sensitive skin, but my skin was sensitive to this lotion.

on 3/29/2009 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I wonder why this moisturizer is getting some bad ratings, well no one product is perfect for everyone, I suppose.

I have to say, this is THE best drug store moisturizer EVER. I was reccomended the Aveeno Clear Complexion Moisturier by a friend (which I use too, at night) who thought I might benefit from it. I thank her so often for reccomending this!

I use this in the mornings after I wash up. It's such a great, light-weight moisturizer. It definately has helped my blotchiness, and my redness. It has never once caused me to break out. It can feel slightly oily and look a bit oily at times, but it's not enough to bother me, really. It takes a little bit of time to fully absorb into my skin, but again, doesn't bother me.

There is a very distinct, floral smell.. But I think it's really nice and it's a light scent, not overwhelming, and scented things can sometimes bother me if I put them on my face. This scent doesnt bother me at all. I actually look forward to putting it on, it smells so nice!

If I could change one thing about this moisturizer, I would change the SPF to something a little higher than 15.

I am DEFINATELY buying again, and again.

on 3/21/2009 6:04:00 PM

I've been using my first bottle of this and I will not be buying this again.
This moisturizer does not moisturize well at all and it gives your skin a weird greasy layer.
It is said to be for dry/sensitive skin, but I don't see how this could work for people with dry skin as it has leaves me with dry patches on my skin - along with that grease.
Not good for oily t-zone.
I think this has even darkened my skin somewhat and has made my skintone quite uneven.

Popular Moisturizers