Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

3.3

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C12 16 Alkyl Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Extract (Feverfew), Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Magnesium Aspartate, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Potassium Aspartate, Propylparaben, Sarcosine, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Steareth 2, Steareth 12, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Water

I don't normally have very sensitive skin, but last summer I developed an ungodly raw, red dry patch on my chin. Avid application of my normal moisturizer did diddlysquat, so I bought this product, and it worked miracles. I noticed a soothing and lessening of the redness overnight after 1 or 2 applications. So if you have raw, red, or sensitive skin, this product definitely delivers. However, since my skin is normally more of a combination type, I found the Ultra-Calming Moisturizer to be way too heavy and oily for everyday use. Switched to a more lightweight formula. But I'm keeping the Ultra-Calming around for emergencies!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This did nothing for my redness (rosacea) despite the fact it is marketed for that.

I used it in the day and the cream at night, and the foaming face wash in this anti redness line, and still no help.

Switched to Olay Regenerist spf lotion in the day, with Olay's age defy with BHA cream at night and wow what a differnce!

I want to love this product, but I just can't. I had been using the Aveeno Clear Complexion moisturizer for a few years, and as my acne had gotten better, I thought maybe I'd try a product with calming properties for my redness and some SPF, too. Oh my gosh, it was the worst. It always burned my face when I applied it, and it made me break out like crazy and in places that I NEVER break out. I even kept on using it for a few more weeks just to see if it was the initial change-over reaction, but it was still bad.

Back to Clear Complexion for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

For reference I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin.

I bought this because i was looking for a moisturizer that wont sting my face. I know,it sounds like i have over sensitive skin but let me explain.

Last year Acne Free stopped working on my acne prone skin. I decided to buy Neutrogena's Kit for Acne and i got my clear face back but after 3 weeks my face started to get irritated from it. I started to have little bumps everywhere on my face and my face got really itchy like crazy. So i stopped it.

I decided to go to a dermatologist (again, my first experience didnt work out for me). She prescribed me Differin, some oral antibiotic and Brevoxyl wash. Again my face started clearing up and then horrible things happen. Haha just kidding, its not that bad but my face started peeling, burning and stinging. It says on the Differin website that these side effects were normal at first. Which is true, my face got use to it.

Now with my review on this product.
When i was using the prescriptions, every time i use my Olay moisturizer afterwards my face burned like crazy. I have to fan myself to relieve the pain. It was really bad. Dont get me wrong. I love Olay moisturizers but the stuff that i was using for my face made me irrittated to it. So yeah, I used Aveeno ultra calming moisturizer and it became my HG. There was still a little bit of stinging at first but IT DOES WHAT IT SAYS. It will really take away the redness, flakiness, and irritation. It also has a pleasant smell. It smells like babies :3. It's a little bit on the expensive side for me but IT WORKS. It didnt clog my pores either.

I'm on my second bottle now and when i ran out I'll but their positively radiant one. The ultra calming one does its job but it doesn't do much of evening your skin tone and controlling your oily face. I would still love to buy this product over and over again.

I've bought this many time s=) I am a red head with freckles and spend alot of time outside..I need thick protection. If you want a tan or your dark you may not want this. but if your fair and need not to be burn this is great!! it offers great coverage and for people with roceaca it is the best otc product out there!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe that this product got an overall rating of only 3.2 because I love this moisturizer so much. It has completely changed my skin for the better since I've started using it. I have sensitive combo skin that gets red and breaks out easily. After using this (along with the aveeno ultra-calming night cream), i've noticed how wonderful my skin looks. I don't break out anymore (except during my period), and my skin isn't blotchy anymore. I get compliments on how smooth and creamy my skin looks (b/c this product has spf15). B/c I have combination skin, I had a hard time finding the right moisturizer that I could use both on my oily t-zone as well as my super-dry cheeks. Other moisturizers would either exacerbate the oiliness of my forward and nose, or else they wouldn't moisturize my cheeks enough. After using this product, my cheeks are well hydrated, and I've noticed how my t-zone isn't oily anymore! In other words, using this product on my entire face has basically changed my combo skin to normal skin. I find that this product works for my skin during the winter and the summer. I love the packaging of this product (it's a pump, so it's more hygienic). Even though the bottle looks pretty small for the price, a lot goes a long way. I would say that one bottle lasts me AT LEAST 6 months. Other reviewers have complained about the smell, but in all honesty, I really like it (and i'm usually picky about smells!). I'm surprised that people find the smell offensive, because to me the scent is very light and pleasant. I highly, highly recommend this product for people who are acne-prone or who have combo skin.

You know what I find ironic? The fact this product is called Ultra Calming and it does just the opposite. Yes, it may be a great daily moisturizer, but once I wash it off, holy crap, there will be red patches around my face like I've just got some kind of horrible skin diseases. If I got lucky I would also get a few pimples as a bonus. Yeah...probably not gonna repurchase. Ever. Again.

Maybe I'm using a different product from every other reviewer here cause I've had a completely different experience! I absolutely love this lotion. It is very light, and has a soothing scent to it. It applies easily and seeps in fast (within 15s). My only complaint is that even when its been locked, the start of a squirt is slightly dried.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lovely lightweight moisturizer that soaks well into my dry cheeks and takes only a little longer on my oily t zone. Has not made me break out unlike the other Aveeno postively radiant one. Only on day two so no noticeble change in redness of my cheeks yet but I will update at the end of the bottle and add a lippie if it does take the redness away. Another lippie off for the smell - once again of sunscreen which makes my eyes water.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I wanted an oil free moisturizer for my very aggravated, acne-prone skin. I used the night cream until I realized it was balling up on my skin. I didn't really like this lotion the first time I used it, and after using it for about a week, I still didn't like it. Firstly I like that it's thick, and not watery, but it still didn't moisturize enough for me. Also, I feel like the sunscreen in it made this lotion look incredibly white on my skin. It did have a slightly oily feel to it on my skin. But basically I just don't think it will do much for my skin at all: wasn't very moisturizing and make my skin look a bit chalky and bland. Since i'm having such good results with lush's fresh farmacy, I started using their vanishing cream moisturizer instead.