MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

on 11/21/2010 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I didn't believe all of the hype on this color for the longest time. Then my sister bought it... lol I tried it and immediately ordered one for myself. That was about a month ago, and I've used it nearly every day since! BELIEVE THE HYPE! I don't know what it is about this color but when I have it on my eyes (no matter where or how I use it), it just really makes them pop. It looks great with so many other colors. My favorite way to wear it is with either Sketch or UD Smog in the crease, Femme Fi on the inner corner (match made in HEAVEN!) with a matte white brow highlight and the crease blended out with a color like UD Naked. Sooo beautiful and great for everyday! If I want to amp it up a notch, I add a matte brown in the outer corner. Love this color. It's one of a very few I can see myself finishing off and repurchasing. Totally recommend it to anyone!

on 11/17/2010 11:27:00 PM

While a lot of people love this color I think it comes off a little too pink on me which doesn't come off pinky on the pan LOL weird it is a pretty color but not quite what I thought it would be with all the hype surrounding it

on 11/17/2010 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this color, one of my fav MAC shadows.. nice finish and color payoff.
would buy again and again

on 11/16/2010 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used ATG as a wash and didn't like it. I went to return it and was caught off guard when the MAC MA insisted that I keep it. She told me that it will look perfect on my skintone (NC25) as an inner corner color. I favor a lighter color than this in my inner corner, so instead I tried it on my lid with Mulch and have used the combo EVERY day since then! It is everything I wanted from Woodwinked. While Woodwinked turned an ugly copper color on me, this is a beautiful peachy gold that plays up my warm skintone. So glad I got talked in to keeping it and will repurchase :)

on 11/13/2010 1:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love this color so much! I wear it on my lids over Mac rubenesque paintpot (see my review). I add either one or two coats of All that Glitters depending on how much pink I want to bring out over rubenesque (I find the more I layer on All that Glitters, the lighter, brighter and pinker it gets).

I have fair skin with yellow undertones so All that Glitters turns a pinkish color on me. But for those of you who find the undertones of this color too orange or warm, I would suggest you try putting Naked Lunch on top of it. It will neutralize the color, remove the orange and add a subtle cooler pink hue to it (this color combo isn't warm enough for me with the pink undertones, so it will be a good combo for those of you with cooler skin tones.) If that combo still isn't pink or cool enough for you, then All that Glitters with Jest on top will do the trick (way too cool and pink for my yellow hue skin.)

on 11/10/2010 4:51:00 PM

I LOVE this eyeshadow! I bought this about 6 months ago and I haven't looked back! This became my daily eyeshadow. I like more neutral looks, so I just pair this with sable, tempting, or satin taupe in the crease.
This is a beautiful, creamy shadow. The perfect everyday look. Will definately repurchase! :)

on 11/9/2010 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had read this eyeshadow was really great. At first I thought the shimmery frosty texture & color was so pretty. It just doesnt seem anything special on my fair skin. It shows up only a bit peachy & flesh toned on me, but doesnt pop. I hardly ever use it. Oh well...Im glad it works so well for others.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this eyeshadow every day. I use it as a base, as a highlighter...... you name it. It's a beautiful soft neutral. It's a must have for me.

on 11/6/2010 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was one of my first MAC shadows. I absolutely fell head over heels for this one. It's one of the few neutrals that actually work for my cool-toned skin. Love!

on 11/5/2010 9:56:00 PM

I don't know.....I really wanted to love this eyeshadow cos of all the hype on youtube and here....but to be honest, I don't see anything special...bit too warm for me...and there is nothing supernatural about this colour and eyeshadow, for me its just an eyeshadow which I do not reach to often for...
Its OK ...