MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

on 1/10/2011 2:00:00 PM

I would describe this as a shimmery neutral gold with a stunning warm undertone. An amazing colour for a wash all over the lids or a pop of colour! The pigmentation is quite good and so is the texture. Having a lazy day? Apply this on the lids so your set to go , easy peasy!
Stay beautiful,
Daisee xx

on 1/7/2011 10:25:00 AM

i love this eye shadow :) i tend to either use this as an all over lid colour, or crease colour when im looking for something natural.
for lidcolour, pairing this with bronze, twinks or stable works well

for crease work, i tend to use, jest, phloof or grand entrance. or modelette.
when im lazy i just use this as an all over lid colour with some eyeliner. no fuss, brightens my eye and looks super pretty.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really didn't like this shadow. It's a gorgeous color, but it is WAY more pink than I expected. Pinks don't look very nice on me, due to my pale/yellow under toned skin, it makes me look very sickly. Didn't really like the texture either, which surprised me since everyone ADORES Veluxe Pearls. I didn't find it to be very soft at all. As I said, it's definitely a gorgeous color that everyone should have, but I'll probably store this away for awhile until summer rolls around and I'm tan. This color is definitely a color for tanned/deeper skin tones. I don't regret purchasing, I only wish I could use it more often!

on 12/11/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I'm obviously in the minority, but I don't like this shadow too much. It's very glittery on me. I prefer Naked Lunch much, much better for a highlight color.

on 12/7/2010 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Wow 393 reviews!
And here's another
A great warm brown with fine frosty shimmer, not glitter.
I'm NC 40 and use it over Studio Sculpt Concealer as a single-shade lid colour and some eyeliner. It really brightens the eyes
No fallout, no creasing. I used it at 11am today. It is now 11pm and it's all there. So I'm gonna say it's long wearing.
NYX Champagne and Sahara Pearl are close dupes but the quality doesn't match. Plus they're too shimmery.
I don't care about crease colours and brow-bone highlighters. I'm mostly a one-colour person. This is a great single colour. If only it weren't so expensive.

on 12/4/2010 3:19:00 PM

Very pretty and versatile color. I've used it often since I bought it. You can combine it with pretty much any color. It truly looks great with so many other colors. I like to combine it with for example Concrete and Star Violet.
The quality is excellent. It's soft and smooth making it super easy to apply, super pretty finish, great pigmentation and lasts all day long . I highly recommend it! I will definitely continue to buy it. Love it. One of my fave MAC eye shadows for sure.

continued >>

on 11/21/2010 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I didn't believe all of the hype on this color for the longest time. Then my sister bought it... lol I tried it and immediately ordered one for myself. That was about a month ago, and I've used it nearly every day since! BELIEVE THE HYPE! I don't know what it is about this color but when I have it on my eyes (no matter where or how I use it), it just really makes them pop. It looks great with so many other colors. My favorite way to wear it is with either Sketch or UD Smog in the crease, Femme Fi on the inner corner (match made in HEAVEN!) with a matte white brow highlight and the crease blended out with a color like UD Naked. Sooo beautiful and great for everyday! If I want to amp it up a notch, I add a matte brown in the outer corner. Love this color. It's one of a very few I can see myself finishing off and repurchasing. Totally recommend it to anyone!

on 11/17/2010 11:27:00 PM

While a lot of people love this color I think it comes off a little too pink on me which doesn't come off pinky on the pan LOL weird it is a pretty color but not quite what I thought it would be with all the hype surrounding it

on 11/17/2010 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this color, one of my fav MAC shadows.. nice finish and color payoff.
would buy again and again

on 11/16/2010 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used ATG as a wash and didn't like it. I went to return it and was caught off guard when the MAC MA insisted that I keep it. She told me that it will look perfect on my skintone (NC25) as an inner corner color. I favor a lighter color than this in my inner corner, so instead I tried it on my lid with Mulch and have used the combo EVERY day since then! It is everything I wanted from Woodwinked. While Woodwinked turned an ugly copper color on me, this is a beautiful peachy gold that plays up my warm skintone. So glad I got talked in to keeping it and will repurchase :)

Top Rated MAC Products