July 30, 2014 | 2042 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Laera

My "dream" of the perfect skincare and makeup regime is something that's quick, easy to do, feels lightweight on my skin, non-irritating, makes my skin look good and has anti-aging properties. I saw the infomercial for Sheer Cover and decided to give this product a try.
I used this product for 3 months. At first, it was heaven! It looked like my "dream" was finally becoming a reality. The Bisque MMU seemed to match my skin perfectly. My skin looked great and life was fine. By the end of the 3rd month, the MMU didn't seem to work as nicely. The cleanser, toner, and concealer (which I love and still use) still worked great but the MMU started to look "tired" after 8 hours of wear. I was under the impression that makeup was supposed to last us from morning til night but the Sheer Cover MMU started fading, cracking, etc. by 5pm :-(. No amount of touch ups after 5pm would "refresh" my makeup. Not even the refreshing mist worked to revive the makeup. To my surprised, the moisturizer also didn't moisturize that well anymore (dry patches here and there appeared after 8hrs). When I looked at my make-uped skin in a magnified mirror, instead of seeing pores, I saw miniature "cracks" (like in the desert!!!). Now, as a dry skin type, that's horrible to see.
Also, I expected the foundation brush to be larger (like a fluff brush) and it is rough on the skin. I had to wash it with a shampoo and conditioner and air dry it just to soften it.
I was so disappointed :-(. I canceled my membership in late Nov. Then there was an unusual charge of $34 on my account in Dec. My $85 re-order which arrived in Dec. and I immediately returned (btw, I strongly recommend you use registered USPS mail when returning orders) was charged in Dec and was credited back to me in Jan. But that "unusual" $34 charge was still unexplained. I called customer service on Jan. 11 and they didn't know what that charge was for either. I was promised a credit for that amount within "two to three business days". [UPDATE: I did get my $34 refund after 3 business days.]
Here are some important tips:
1) When returning orders, make sure you use some kind of service which will allow you to track the shipment.
2) If canceling your membership, jot down the date of your cancellation and monitor your account for any unusual charges from Sheer Cover.
The only reasons I gave this product 2 lippies are that I love the concealer, I love the color pallette, I love all the brushes (except for the foundation brush), and I love the travel brush. I put my DHC transparent finishing powder in this travel brush.

UPDATE: So, my friend (has oily skin) decided to try this product. After just 2 days of using this product, she decided it was NOT for her. She was extremely disappointed. It did not work well on her oily skin. The coverage was minimal and she was shiny in her T-zone by mid-morning. By afternoon, she looked like she had no makeup at all. But she loved the concealer though. It definitely lived up to its rep. Is it possible to buy just the concealer without being a SheerCover member?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 9:12:00 AM More reviews by usa

this a great product I like all of it,,, you have to use the moisturizer and base perfector befor putting anything on, if you don't your result will not BE THE BEST.. please give this a try you will fall in love it only takes me 5 minutes or less sometimes to put my makeup on and it last all day !!!!!!! AND LOOKS SO NATURAL

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by lheurebleue

At first I loved this product. I bought the light to medium kit, and found that the buff matched perfectly. My skin looked great, and the MMU covered my rosacea.

However, after using this for about six months, I felt my skin texture had gotten much rougher, my rosacea seemed worse, and then I read that some MMUs can cause micro-tears in your skin. So that's the end of Sheer Cover for me!

I do like the concealer that comes with the product, but hate the brush (it's rough too). My recommendation, if you want to try this, would be to buy a kit at Bed Bath & Beyond, since you can use a 20% off coupon and return it if you don't like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by poozer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

a big fat NO!!!! i was given this for xmas and my heart aches thinking how much they paid for this S#$t. i have been breaking out and my skin is all greasy - a very nasty combo. i have loved cornsilk for 20 plus years and i am going back to it. though i love the one who gave this to me, i cannot tolerate this crap for a product!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2008 2:17:00 AM More reviews by beautiful_betty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

while i agree that mineral foundations are more natural looking than liquid foundations, its still not the same as beautiful bare skin. i hate all foundations!! they all look like masks. this is no exception.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by beu2fool

ok, when you call cust service to order, it's like a boiler room and they do not tell you that it costs WAY more than 29.99. You find that on your credit statement later and when you try to cancel...it's a nightmare. Also this is not good for us gals with sensitive skin because of the bismuth. It made my skin itch and burn and it did not look all that natural either.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by jomdaly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was surprised that I liked this after seeing all the negative reviews. I had used L'Oreal mineral foundation and wanted to see if I could find something better. The primer really did make my pores less noticable and the concealer is not bad. I have rosecea and I was suprised at how well SC hid the redness. A little does go a long way and it did last for most of the day. Since I was on a roll with the SC, I thought I would try Everyday Minerals and I hated it. The SC was more creamy and the EM was like chalk. So, I will stick with the SC until I can find something I like better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by suey421

I have only been using Sheer Cover for about 5 months. The lightest power they offer works well for my skin and it provides as much coverage as I am used to with my liquid foundation. It is easy to put on and does a better job covering up my under eye circles than a liquid foundation. I confess I have not attempted to mix any colors together to find my perfect shade because I dont have time for that but even so I have found this product to work well for me. I have not had the dramatic results they advertise in the commercials but like I said, I have not tried to find a 'perfect' shade for my skin. I do have one complaint, I HATE the foundation brush they provide. It works and holds the powder but the bristles are way too coarse and hurt the skin around my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2007 12:23:00 AM More reviews by SenaB

I cant stand this comapny or their wack products! The powder was pointless. It looked like I had nothing on. Everything was tiny when I got it and they charged my account after I cancelled! The only thing I did like was the concealer, the shadow brush and the concealer brush. the travel mineral brush didnt work...nothing comes out of the brush and I didnt bother to try the face cleanser and moisturizer. I sent all that crap back and will only buy the concealer if it's on ebay or something!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2007 6:11:00 PM More reviews by asolano

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product made my skin very oily. I would apply it and it would melt by the time I got to the office. It didn't do much to cover the red in my skin. I don't have a skin condition just a bit of redness but this did nohthing. A big waste of money for me.