April 21, 2014 | 938 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by poozer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

a big fat NO!!!! i was given this for xmas and my heart aches thinking how much they paid for this S#$t. i have been breaking out and my skin is all greasy - a very nasty combo. i have loved cornsilk for 20 plus years and i am going back to it. though i love the one who gave this to me, i cannot tolerate this crap for a product!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2008 2:17:00 AM More reviews by beautiful_betty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

while i agree that mineral foundations are more natural looking than liquid foundations, its still not the same as beautiful bare skin. i hate all foundations!! they all look like masks. this is no exception.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by beu2fool

ok, when you call cust service to order, it's like a boiler room and they do not tell you that it costs WAY more than 29.99. You find that on your credit statement later and when you try to cancel...it's a nightmare. Also this is not good for us gals with sensitive skin because of the bismuth. It made my skin itch and burn and it did not look all that natural either.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by jomdaly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was surprised that I liked this after seeing all the negative reviews. I had used L'Oreal mineral foundation and wanted to see if I could find something better. The primer really did make my pores less noticable and the concealer is not bad. I have rosecea and I was suprised at how well SC hid the redness. A little does go a long way and it did last for most of the day. Since I was on a roll with the SC, I thought I would try Everyday Minerals and I hated it. The SC was more creamy and the EM was like chalk. So, I will stick with the SC until I can find something I like better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by suey421

I have only been using Sheer Cover for about 5 months. The lightest power they offer works well for my skin and it provides as much coverage as I am used to with my liquid foundation. It is easy to put on and does a better job covering up my under eye circles than a liquid foundation. I confess I have not attempted to mix any colors together to find my perfect shade because I dont have time for that but even so I have found this product to work well for me. I have not had the dramatic results they advertise in the commercials but like I said, I have not tried to find a 'perfect' shade for my skin. I do have one complaint, I HATE the foundation brush they provide. It works and holds the powder but the bristles are way too coarse and hurt the skin around my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2007 12:23:00 AM More reviews by SenaB

I cant stand this comapny or their wack products! The powder was pointless. It looked like I had nothing on. Everything was tiny when I got it and they charged my account after I cancelled! The only thing I did like was the concealer, the shadow brush and the concealer brush. the travel mineral brush didnt work...nothing comes out of the brush and I didnt bother to try the face cleanser and moisturizer. I sent all that crap back and will only buy the concealer if it's on ebay or something!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2007 6:11:00 PM More reviews by asolano

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product made my skin very oily. I would apply it and it would melt by the time I got to the office. It didn't do much to cover the red in my skin. I don't have a skin condition just a bit of redness but this did nohthing. A big waste of money for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2007 6:48:00 PM More reviews by lnarvey

I am surprized to hear how many people don't love this product. I have never had a problem except I guess in the summer when my face was more oily but blotting with a regular tissue solves that problem. In any case, it covers my skin, looks and feels sheer, hides all my flaws and lasts all day. I don't use the blush though. My new favorite blush is the Shea butter cheek tint from Evans Garden (www.evansgarden.com) They have great all natural products. One more thing, SC products have helped my breakouts and people have said that I've never looked better. I would sleep in the stuff and not really worry.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2007 9:11:00 PM More reviews by jillmg89

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I was using the BE line and ran out. I saw the Sheer Cover kit in Target for about $30 (which is about 1/2 the price of the BE kit) and decided to try it. The color shades of SC did not look as well on me as the BE line, and the coverage was not a good either. If found this make up to be just "OK". Needless to say, I'm back to using BE- It's worth the extra money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Bhree

This is essentially powdered sunscreen with tint added to it. If you want to order the $30 set and have an exceptionally light or dark skin tone, don't. They don't offer the lightest and darkest shades with the special price. Not only do they charge an outrageous amount of money for a pot, the lids don't screw on correctly, this will still break your face out if you're not careful, and most of all, it will be gone from your face in less than an hour.

In fact, every mineral makeup I have ever tried has been sub-par. I say stick to regular cosmetics and deal with the pimples and cancer on your own.
For your viewing pleasure: