August 30, 2014 | 1836 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by KayMarie1009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found that this stuff covers better than Bare Minerals and matches my skin tone to a T, but it isnt very easy to get a hold of as you cant buy it in stores and I dont want to order anything off of their website after hearing the HORROR stories about the sales people sending you more make up than you can possibly use in 3 months time and charging your account EVEN AFTER you cancel. So once Ive used up what I already have, Im done. Love the color match, love the way it feels on my face, doesnt break me out, feels weightless and gives an airbrushed look...but not conveniant - and for those that are not bothered by that: go for it, but for me, conveniance is everything! I pass on this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2008 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Ninanuk

I like Sheer Cover. I have eczema flares on my skin, so I don't wear makeup (like, 90% of the time in the winter).

I really like it - I feel like I have a little more polish than I do without any makeup. I think if you are used to regular foundation, you would not like this at all, as it is a very natural, light look.

I don't know about staying power, because I never touch up makeup. I think its a good option for people who don't like/use foundation.

The brushes aren't the softest, but I also don't have the problem where peices of the brush come off on my skin and I dont' know it, so I walk around all day with a bristle on my face . . .

Also, I like this better than Bare Minerals, which I ordered when it was first out on infomercials years and years ago. I think it "sits" nicer on dry skin.

I'm looking forward to ordering the pressed powder version of this, which Paula Begon (Sp?) gave good reviews, and I think will be easier to carry around.

Good luck!

EDIT: This irritated my skin so I stopped using it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by mistified

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have picky skin, so I have been moving more and more towards "natural" make-ups. I've used other mineral make-ups and have been quite successful. This, however, was horrible. The first day I used it, my skin was happy, but it just went down-hill from there.
Here's a Con list:
1. Wears off quickly (so much for lasting all day)
1.5 The gloss caused my lips to peel and crack horribly.
2. Is foundation is very shimmery, so it makes my skin look oily when it isn't.
3. ACNE!!! Oh my goodness! After the first day, my skin went crazy! I earned many blackheads and cystics. Absolutley horrible!

I called the company and stopped my membership. The said that I would be getting a refund to my card in 3-5 days. I'll let you know if anything goes wrong.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Laera

My "dream" of the perfect skincare and makeup regime is something that's quick, easy to do, feels lightweight on my skin, non-irritating, makes my skin look good and has anti-aging properties. I saw the infomercial for Sheer Cover and decided to give this product a try.
I used this product for 3 months. At first, it was heaven! It looked like my "dream" was finally becoming a reality. The Bisque MMU seemed to match my skin perfectly. My skin looked great and life was fine. By the end of the 3rd month, the MMU didn't seem to work as nicely. The cleanser, toner, and concealer (which I love and still use) still worked great but the MMU started to look "tired" after 8 hours of wear. I was under the impression that makeup was supposed to last us from morning til night but the Sheer Cover MMU started fading, cracking, etc. by 5pm :-(. No amount of touch ups after 5pm would "refresh" my makeup. Not even the refreshing mist worked to revive the makeup. To my surprised, the moisturizer also didn't moisturize that well anymore (dry patches here and there appeared after 8hrs). When I looked at my make-uped skin in a magnified mirror, instead of seeing pores, I saw miniature "cracks" (like in the desert!!!). Now, as a dry skin type, that's horrible to see.
Also, I expected the foundation brush to be larger (like a fluff brush) and it is rough on the skin. I had to wash it with a shampoo and conditioner and air dry it just to soften it.
I was so disappointed :-(. I canceled my membership in late Nov. Then there was an unusual charge of $34 on my account in Dec. My $85 re-order which arrived in Dec. and I immediately returned (btw, I strongly recommend you use registered USPS mail when returning orders) was charged in Dec and was credited back to me in Jan. But that "unusual" $34 charge was still unexplained. I called customer service on Jan. 11 and they didn't know what that charge was for either. I was promised a credit for that amount within "two to three business days". [UPDATE: I did get my $34 refund after 3 business days.]
Here are some important tips:
1) When returning orders, make sure you use some kind of service which will allow you to track the shipment.
2) If canceling your membership, jot down the date of your cancellation and monitor your account for any unusual charges from Sheer Cover.
The only reasons I gave this product 2 lippies are that I love the concealer, I love the color pallette, I love all the brushes (except for the foundation brush), and I love the travel brush. I put my DHC transparent finishing powder in this travel brush.

UPDATE: So, my friend (has oily skin) decided to try this product. After just 2 days of using this product, she decided it was NOT for her. She was extremely disappointed. It did not work well on her oily skin. The coverage was minimal and she was shiny in her T-zone by mid-morning. By afternoon, she looked like she had no makeup at all. But she loved the concealer though. It definitely lived up to its rep. Is it possible to buy just the concealer without being a SheerCover member?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 9:12:00 AM More reviews by usa

this a great product I like all of it,,, you have to use the moisturizer and base perfector befor putting anything on, if you don't your result will not BE THE BEST.. please give this a try you will fall in love it only takes me 5 minutes or less sometimes to put my makeup on and it last all day !!!!!!! AND LOOKS SO NATURAL

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by lheurebleue

At first I loved this product. I bought the light to medium kit, and found that the buff matched perfectly. My skin looked great, and the MMU covered my rosacea.

However, after using this for about six months, I felt my skin texture had gotten much rougher, my rosacea seemed worse, and then I read that some MMUs can cause micro-tears in your skin. So that's the end of Sheer Cover for me!

I do like the concealer that comes with the product, but hate the brush (it's rough too). My recommendation, if you want to try this, would be to buy a kit at Bed Bath & Beyond, since you can use a 20% off coupon and return it if you don't like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by poozer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

a big fat NO!!!! i was given this for xmas and my heart aches thinking how much they paid for this S#$t. i have been breaking out and my skin is all greasy - a very nasty combo. i have loved cornsilk for 20 plus years and i am going back to it. though i love the one who gave this to me, i cannot tolerate this crap for a product!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2008 2:17:00 AM More reviews by beautiful_betty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

while i agree that mineral foundations are more natural looking than liquid foundations, its still not the same as beautiful bare skin. i hate all foundations!! they all look like masks. this is no exception.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by beu2fool

ok, when you call cust service to order, it's like a boiler room and they do not tell you that it costs WAY more than 29.99. You find that on your credit statement later and when you try to cancel...it's a nightmare. Also this is not good for us gals with sensitive skin because of the bismuth. It made my skin itch and burn and it did not look all that natural either.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by jomdaly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was surprised that I liked this after seeing all the negative reviews. I had used L'Oreal mineral foundation and wanted to see if I could find something better. The primer really did make my pores less noticable and the concealer is not bad. I have rosecea and I was suprised at how well SC hid the redness. A little does go a long way and it did last for most of the day. Since I was on a roll with the SC, I thought I would try Everyday Minerals and I hated it. The SC was more creamy and the EM was like chalk. So, I will stick with the SC until I can find something I like better.