April 17, 2014 | 1973 users online

Lash Treatments - Ardell - Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by miranets

This was the first lash growth product I tried, I opted for Ardell because it was cheaper than Lucia. I have typical Asian lashes, short, not very dense and straight. I experienced "significant" lash growth on the bottom lashline, increase about 50% in length and about 30% more hair growth. This product like Lucia caused an irritation along my eye lid and caused blepharitis because I have heavier eyelids that sit along the lash line. This product managed to restore normal lash and brow growth but did nothing significant to increase the density of hair growth.

This product goes off extremely fast, once the smell changes into a plastic-y chemical scent and the colour turns from clear to opaque, THROW IT OUT! I have had Lucia for a year and it has not changed or gone off. Ardell contains some type of biological ferment which means it will oxidise and host bacterial growth more easily than Lucia which is made of extracts ahd chemical compounds.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by femme_mystique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I give up. The joke is on me. I think you must have long lashes from the start in order to see results for this product. In fact, I think that if you are expecting your lashes to grow, you must use the tweezer (free with purchase) to pull or extend them out in order to see progress. I have tried this product two times. Results? First time a lollipop; Second time, a SUCKER!!
The first time, I used as directed. However, I followed some of the other MUAs and applied daily and nightly. I applied under my mascara as a base and usually alone. So, after three months I gave up.
Wish it was so sismple. I saw many photos of MUAers who successfully used this product, and went and bought another tube, accepted my tweezers, thank you kindly.
This time I used it for six weeks and did the "rub product at the base of your eyelids" and damn near went blind! What's more, I took some of SO's roommates rogaine 5% and placed a few drops and pumped that in their. Hung in there for another six weeks and still nothing. I did happen to have growth on my chin and brows. But as much as I wanted to love this, I'm afraid no lippies. I will wait until the vision is restored in my left eye before I try it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2007 7:52:00 AM More reviews by chipmunkvoice

I've been using Ardell's Lash and Brow Accelerator every day for a month now and i cant say i see any results. It does condition my lashes though, i have noticed that i dont have as many lashes falling off when i rub my eyes (damn hayfever). Although i still use it in hopes that i might wake up one day and my short asian lashes will suddenly become full thick and long but i highly doubt that. I use it mainly as a brow gel to keep my brows in place.
Its about $7 in Australia... so its not as cheap as it is in the states.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2007 12:01:00 PM More reviews by scloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for over a year after reading some great reviews on this site. I'm not sure that's it's really made my lashes longer or thicker, but it just conditions them and keeps them healthy - not brittle, like some mascaras can do to your lashes. I will keep using this - both as a lash conditioner and an eyebrow gel. At $4 a tube, you really can't beat it! My only complaint is that it's pretty hard to find. I find it at Ulta every now and then and try to buy all the tubes they have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 1:35:00 PM More reviews by ragingpunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This really is a hidden treasure! I cant believe that this stuff works almost as well as talika lipocils! ive used lipocils for a while(went through 3 tubes of it) and got tired of shelling out all the cash for that stuff so i read the reviews here and decided to head on over to harmons to get this stuff. ive been using it for about 2-3 months and replaced the tubes several times because the stuff gets weird after a while. it is about 1/10 the price of talika and it does work. my eyelashes look much denser after only a week of using this day and night (and giving the mascara a rest..or using my dr hauschka mascara over it). i cant really tell much about the length because my eyelashes are already kind of long..but very light at the ends so they tend to be invisible. i can really tell a difference when i wear mascara, i get many compliments on them and even asked if they are fake! haha nope all mineee! lol
EDIT: 3-3-08
This stuff just keeps getting better and better! ive started using this during the day instead of mascara or underneath a light coating of mascara, at night i apply this to clean lashes, and then dab some castor oil on top of it..and i just had to update this review and say that my eyelashes are gettng so long! and im seeing new random hairs growing in!! this stuff rocks!, i never want to go without it so im heading out tomorrow to clear the shelf of it!!

i also wrote a little bit about eyelash growth on my website: www.avrabeauty.com

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2007 8:26:00 AM More reviews by Korean_rookie

Well, I used to love this product because not only is it really cheap, it did help my lashes to grow.
But my lashes had also become brittle and "thinner" from it too.
It flakes like crazy and one of my co-workers even asked if I'm having dandruff on my eyelashes!
Had stopped using this and am using DHC now.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2007 4:08:00 PM More reviews by fabulousjason

I have been using this product for 6 weeks now. There has been little or no growth to my lashes, but it is working great on my eyebrows. I put it on then rub it in with my fingertips. My brows usually grow in very light and thin. They are growing in thicker and darker (which has never happened before). I put in an order for revitalash for my eyelashes, and will continue to use this on my brows.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sheepishgurl

i bought this and have been using it for maybe close to two weeks from drugstore.com.. i wish they sold it at the cvs here, since shipping makes the total $10. So far my lashes have gotten a little longer, i'll just have to wait and see for a month, then i'll update

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 11:26:00 PM More reviews by kim50803

I haven't used this long enough, I think it is working. Just a warning, I don't have sensitive eyes, don't get to close to your eye! This stuff burns! This is the only product that has ever burned my eyes. I'm used to Talika, apply at the base of lash, not this stuff.
I will update soon.
UPDATE: I changed my lippies to a 5. This Lash Growth Accelerator does work well. My lashes are longer, I don't think they are any darker but they are longer. This product is hard to find, I finally found it at Rite-Aid. It is worth trying I will repurchase. It does not burn my eyes anymore!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Cindy76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately, I repurchased this product prior to seeing the full results. I will say that it does what it says (helped w/my over plucked area), but it did not stimulate growth where previously, there was no growth. I should say that I don't know how this product works on lashes- only on eye brows. Overall, a great gel to keep brows in place and to encourage growth on over plucked area. However, I guess I hoped for too much since this product did not thicken my brow hair and it did not encourage growth in an area where I have always had a "bald" patch. I'll stick to wax pencils to cover up the "bald" section on my eye brow.