October 21, 2014 | 2174 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Power

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by tyleka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence about this mascara. It gives me greath length and looks nice on my lashes, but I can find NOTHING that will take it off! Warm water alone does not work. I've tried oil cleansers and eye makeup removers, and they don't work either. so, I sometimes hesitate to reach for it, knowing it will be so difficult to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by shortiiee818

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product is pretty good . i just hate removing it . it comes off with those little flakes . and sometimes when i'm removing it. it gets into my eye . and its so irratating. this mascara lengthens .but nothing else. it makes my lashes look long and all . and its pretty good on what you need to remove it . all you need is some warm water. its water-resistant . but not waterproof. i don't know if that made sense or not . everything about this is great . but just not so great with the flakes .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Joey_is_Me

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this. I've used Blinc's Kiss Me and love it, but couldn't bring myself to pay $30 CDN for it. When I heard that Clinique had a tube mascara and the full size price was $18 CDN, I went for it. I expected it to have the same kind of texture as Kiss Me...kind of plastic-ey. But it was lighter and almost feather-like...which I didn't quite like. This mascara also weighs down my lashes. I have stick straight Asian lashes and this mascara uncurled my lashes. Perhaps this is because it takes forever to dry. This doesn't flake and doesn't smudge, gives good length, but that's pretty much it.

I would not repurchase this. I hardly even reach for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by busted1004

The best mascara I've tried so far. Easy to apply, doesn't smear at all, and comes off easily! love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Foxay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wasn't sure about this at first, but after a few applications I loved it.

Guaranteed to make my lashes look gorgeous, fabulous definition, and super long, so much so that I have to be careful about blinking just after application as it gets on my eyelids because of it! Can be added over the top of other mascaras to give that extra wow factor. Holds curl well, doesn't flake. If you leave it, it will last and last.

Wasn't sure I would but I love the brush. It reaches all the lashes. Makes my eyes really pop, even my husband noticed my eyes & commented!

I love it more every time I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Grets

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this mascara!!! Almost all other brands smear badly and/or flake on me. But not this one. I can wear this all day, and at the end of the day, there are no smears whatsoever. It also doesn't flake and, unlike some other long-wearing brands (like Kiss Me), this is very easy to remove with soap and water. You can throw your eye makeup remover away! Clinique’s Lash Power mascara accentuates my long lashes—in a natural way. It’s a little pricey compared to drugstore brands, but is certainly cheaper than many other department store mascaras. I only recently discovered this mascara, but it has already become my HG. I will definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by kiwino75

I bought this as a gift for myself when I saw a review on youtube about it. I always had problem with putting mascara not only on the lashes but also all over the lids and the mascara smudging under my eye after 1h (I have very oily eyelids). But with this mascara, there was no more of that.
First, the brush is so small, that it allowed me to be more precise. I could almost reach ever single lashes without putting mascara all over my eyes. It was very easy to maneuver without poking my eye out from miscalculating the size of the brush.
Second, the formula wasn't too liquid or too thick. It was just the right texture. It doesn't clump or melt under your eyes.
Third, it really does last for a very long time. I work from 8am to 5:30 pm and I saw no smudging anywhere. I even wore it and went out in a blizzard and my lashes were still looking wonderful.
And last, but not least, removing it couldn't be easier. A bit of warm water and a bit of gentle rubbing on the eyes (downward to prevent pulling out your lashes) et voilà! It's a bit messy on your cheeks afterwards, but it's nothing. So much easier and less irritating for your eyes than waterproof mascara.

But, yes, there is a but. Although it's smudge proof, it does flake a bit by the end of the day. And if you touch or rub your eyes, it may flake even more. And the dried formula on the lashes don't feel so natural, as if you had rubber in the shape of lashes. And finally, even though it adds more intensity to the color of my lashes, it doesn't do much in terms of volume, length or curls.

But all in all, I would still recommend this for an everyday natural look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got a sample tube of this mascara and didn't really have any expectations. I liked the small wand initially because I thought that it would get all the lashes, especially the difficult ones in the corners of the eyes, but it turns out that it doesn't work that way at all. I am very detail oriented and like my makeup to look perfect... lashes have to be separated and curled properly. This product does not allow you to have any control over how it looks while or after you apply it. I can see how it can work for some people who don't care (and there are many out there who don't care), but those of us who are obsessive about having perfect lashes this product is a nightmare.

The wand bristles are way too short and spaced too far apart that it makes lashes stick together in huge clumps. The mascara takes forever to dry, making lashes stick together like crazy. It lengthens a lot but does not thicken much, at least not in a desirable way. The more layers that you apply, the more it starts to look like you have rubber , thick, stuck together lashes.

It is waterpoor, however, it washes off with water which is good. But if you do end up getting your eyelashes wet they will stick together looking horrible. It washes off like rubbery glue or some liquid eyeliners, kind of rubs and rolls off which is strange but better than smudging.
It's basically one of the worst mascaras that I've ever tried, if not THE worst because I've never had a mascara that makes lashes stick together after just one stroke of the wand.

I would NEVER purchase this product... horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by ChuckysBaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MY HG MASCARA!!!

its good for my everyday use
& its good if I need to top off another mascara for more dramatic looks!

I love that it doesnt flake or rub off or come off when I cry, sweat, etc. Usually the temperature of the water in my shower makes it come off with ease

doesnt clump, separates well. not too much oomph but good for everyday use!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Nesian1

I simply love this mascara. What a God send.
I have naturally long lashes so I use this as a daytime mascara as it coats and defines my lashes well (the small brush is AMAZING and gets all the tiny hairs) and yet there is no transfer whatsoever. I can put it on and be certain that I will have no colour transfer under or around my eyes and that it will stay put in humidity or rain, sweat or tears. Unlike others, I havent found any problem with washing this off, I just use my usual make up removing cleanser in the shower and away it goes.
What I like best about this product is being able to use it on my lower lashes without getting any smudges or transfer at the end of the day. My sister needs mascara with more oomph for her sparse lashes but uses this as an under eye mascara only, with great effect.
For a night out or an occasion I would use something different for more dramatic lashes, too bad there isnt a thickening/lenghtening mascara with the same stay put qualities as Lash Power, but I have to say this is my HG daytime mascara.