August 22, 2014 | 1012 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Power

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by kiwino75

I bought this as a gift for myself when I saw a review on youtube about it. I always had problem with putting mascara not only on the lashes but also all over the lids and the mascara smudging under my eye after 1h (I have very oily eyelids). But with this mascara, there was no more of that.
First, the brush is so small, that it allowed me to be more precise. I could almost reach ever single lashes without putting mascara all over my eyes. It was very easy to maneuver without poking my eye out from miscalculating the size of the brush.
Second, the formula wasn't too liquid or too thick. It was just the right texture. It doesn't clump or melt under your eyes.
Third, it really does last for a very long time. I work from 8am to 5:30 pm and I saw no smudging anywhere. I even wore it and went out in a blizzard and my lashes were still looking wonderful.
And last, but not least, removing it couldn't be easier. A bit of warm water and a bit of gentle rubbing on the eyes (downward to prevent pulling out your lashes) et voilą! It's a bit messy on your cheeks afterwards, but it's nothing. So much easier and less irritating for your eyes than waterproof mascara.

But, yes, there is a but. Although it's smudge proof, it does flake a bit by the end of the day. And if you touch or rub your eyes, it may flake even more. And the dried formula on the lashes don't feel so natural, as if you had rubber in the shape of lashes. And finally, even though it adds more intensity to the color of my lashes, it doesn't do much in terms of volume, length or curls.

But all in all, I would still recommend this for an everyday natural look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got a sample tube of this mascara and didn't really have any expectations. I liked the small wand initially because I thought that it would get all the lashes, especially the difficult ones in the corners of the eyes, but it turns out that it doesn't work that way at all. I am very detail oriented and like my makeup to look perfect... lashes have to be separated and curled properly. This product does not allow you to have any control over how it looks while or after you apply it. I can see how it can work for some people who don't care (and there are many out there who don't care), but those of us who are obsessive about having perfect lashes this product is a nightmare.

The wand bristles are way too short and spaced too far apart that it makes lashes stick together in huge clumps. The mascara takes forever to dry, making lashes stick together like crazy. It lengthens a lot but does not thicken much, at least not in a desirable way. The more layers that you apply, the more it starts to look like you have rubber , thick, stuck together lashes.

It is waterpoor, however, it washes off with water which is good. But if you do end up getting your eyelashes wet they will stick together looking horrible. It washes off like rubbery glue or some liquid eyeliners, kind of rubs and rolls off which is strange but better than smudging.
It's basically one of the worst mascaras that I've ever tried, if not THE worst because I've never had a mascara that makes lashes stick together after just one stroke of the wand.

I would NEVER purchase this product... horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by ChuckysBaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MY HG MASCARA!!!

its good for my everyday use
& its good if I need to top off another mascara for more dramatic looks!

I love that it doesnt flake or rub off or come off when I cry, sweat, etc. Usually the temperature of the water in my shower makes it come off with ease

doesnt clump, separates well. not too much oomph but good for everyday use!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Nesian1

I simply love this mascara. What a God send.
I have naturally long lashes so I use this as a daytime mascara as it coats and defines my lashes well (the small brush is AMAZING and gets all the tiny hairs) and yet there is no transfer whatsoever. I can put it on and be certain that I will have no colour transfer under or around my eyes and that it will stay put in humidity or rain, sweat or tears. Unlike others, I havent found any problem with washing this off, I just use my usual make up removing cleanser in the shower and away it goes.
What I like best about this product is being able to use it on my lower lashes without getting any smudges or transfer at the end of the day. My sister needs mascara with more oomph for her sparse lashes but uses this as an under eye mascara only, with great effect.
For a night out or an occasion I would use something different for more dramatic lashes, too bad there isnt a thickening/lenghtening mascara with the same stay put qualities as Lash Power, but I have to say this is my HG daytime mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 2:47:00 AM More reviews by makeupcentral

PROS: Great tiny brush to get all the lash hairs, washes off easily with warm water, great everyday mascara, didn't dry out-stayed moist.

CONS: Doesn't give any volume and much length, washing it off may take time since you have to gently wipe it away

Overall, I would purchase again because the brush hairs are even throughout the whole brush and able to get every lash.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by parisade

This is THE most perfect mascara! I can't live without it. Every mascara I've tried (even Diorshow waterproof) leaves dark circles under my eyes after an hour or so, because I have oily skin, and I've tried nearly 30 mascaras! This one is easy to apply, and seperate every lash like no other mascara can! After I apply, I know my lashes would look pretty without smudges. It washes off in warm water. I don't use makeup remover anymore, because when I wash my face at night, it just comes off. So basically, apart from washing inwarm water, it won't come off!!!

It's definately worth the price. I would still buy it if it was $60.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample size - and I was not impressed. I would not buy a full-sized. This is a very ''wet'' mascara and the wand didn't separate my lashes very well at all. So far I have not experienced any flaking though - and it is one of the only mascaras I have worn that hasn't irritated my eyes. I might have to try another Clinique mascara - but not this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by blue1234

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only mascara that does not give me raccoon eye at any time. I wear it over Shiseido mascara base and I don't have any problem taking it off at night with DHC cleansing gel and wash powder. I took 1 star off because it could hold curl better. I also love the size of the brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 5:31:00 AM More reviews by susieF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

beautiful, separated, lengthened but natural, glossy lashes, holds a curl nicely, tiny brush reaches every signle, even the smallest of lashes. I must say prefer this over kanebo 38c - this one even washes off much better, i hardly ever end up yanking off any lashes with it.

it's the perfect everyday mascara and even when i'm going out I might reach for this in stead of something more dramatic. it just gets such darn pretty results.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

love the brush but it doesnt do much. clumps and doesnt stay on very well. contains 4 types of parabens which i wish they would take it out of products.