April 20, 2014 | 1679 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Power

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 5:31:00 AM More reviews by susieF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

beautiful, separated, lengthened but natural, glossy lashes, holds a curl nicely, tiny brush reaches every signle, even the smallest of lashes. I must say prefer this over kanebo 38c - this one even washes off much better, i hardly ever end up yanking off any lashes with it.

it's the perfect everyday mascara and even when i'm going out I might reach for this in stead of something more dramatic. it just gets such darn pretty results.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

love the brush but it doesnt do much. clumps and doesnt stay on very well. contains 4 types of parabens which i wish they would take it out of products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by iloveMnMs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't found my Holy Grail mascara yet, but this is as close as I have gotten so far. I've become a fan of the "tube" mascara because I usually get raccoon eyes toward the end of the day, even though I only put mascara on my upper lashes. The "tube" formulas have eliminated this!

I think it's hard to explain the effect this mascara has on my lashes. They are definitely longer but also feathery. (I'm sure that makes no sense.) I love the little brush. It makes it easy to get every lash. Great separation and coverage. No clumping, no spidery lashes.

This doesn't come off quite as easily as the Blinc does. It also doesn't come off in long tubes, more like pieces of tubes. I don't understand why people have such horrible trouble removing this (or the Blinc, for that matter). It just requires lots of water....the water you use as you cleanse your face at night is plenty (like when you are splashing to remove cleanser). I do find that if I don't remove it all, I wake up the next morning with little flakes around my eyes. What I also do like is that I can easily remove it with with ordinary eye makeup remover, although the leaflet which comes with Lash Power says this will not work. {"It cannot be removed with makeup remover") (Note: This is not possible with Blinc, it's not soluble.) Like I said in the beginning, it's not perfect...but it's the best I have found so far. I really like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Lille_Kra

I loveloveloveloveLOVE this mascara! It's so easy to apply, builds volume and some length and has survived me threough many a day of walking through minor blizzards and sweaty practices, as well as a day on the beach, not to mention the nights on the dance floor. It comes off easily with warm water, so now the only reason why i need eye makeup remover is my primer. I think I'm on my third tube now, and I'm definetly buying again. Think it's a bit expensive, but it's worth it. The packaging is okay. It's just a tube of mascara, but I like how it doesn't take more room than it needs to. By the time I've used a tube or it's dried out it's time for another mascara anyway. Suitable for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by mcr29

This is a great little mascara! It's not tops as far as volume or length, but when you need a mascara to endure, this one does the trick. Like a previous reviewer said, you can put on multiple coats w/o it getting clumpy, but it is a pain to remove (but it should be, thats the point of it). I would repurchase should i need more.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2009 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Bella908

I don't dislike this mascara at all. It makes my short lashes seem a bit longer and when having applied several coats also makes it seem thicker and more dense. Stays on well (even when I am drenched in water). Doesn't smudge. The wand is also easy to use.

However, like other reviews have mentioned, it is quite hard to get off. AND comes off in small black flakes (which I found quite annoying as the flakes often end up in my eyes)!!

Probably won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Belladonna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I bought this as a substitute for Kiss Me mascara which I absolute love but it's pricey ($14 vs $24)
I like it but it took me awhile to warm up to it.
So here is how I think it stacks up against Kiss Me.
Pros:

- cheaper than Kiss Me (by $10)

- unlike Kiss Me you can apply several coats and really layer it up

- interesting smaller thin wand to really get each lash

- you can apply more at the end of the day if you are going out, you absolutely cannot do that with Kiss Me

- like most tubing mascaras, this doesn't flake. This is key for me since I wear contacts and rub my eyes quite a bit during the day

Cons:
- formula is thinner, you have to apply a couple of coats to equal one coat of Kiss Me

- much harder to remove than Kiss Me, you need to take a hot washcloth and really saturate your lashes

I will most likely repurchase, it takes a bit more effort to apply and remove but I do like the end result when I apply a couple of coats.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2008 12:02:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This weighs down my curled lashes, and when I try to remove my MU using oil MU remover ( i haven't removed eye MU yet), this mascara came off in black FLAKES all over my face, when I use eye MU remover, this mascara comes off great without making my eye area blackened. I will try this product for a few times more and would update whether I like it or not.

UPDATE: THIS PRODUCT IS A DEFINITE NO-NO! it wasted my time for curling the lashes because it kept weighing them down! it went immediately into trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2008 2:09:00 AM More reviews by gigiopolis

This mascara is pretty awesome. I love the tiny brush because it gets all my lashes, especially the ones in the corners and my lower lashes (SO hard to find a brush that can get my lower lashes without the clumpy look). Lash Power definitely delivers a natural look. I find that it lengthens quite well, separates beautifully but doesn't do much for volume. I have found no problems with it killing my curl (I have tried Fiberwig, another tube-y mascara, and it did just that...no problems for Clinique though!). It lasts absolutely forever and only comes off when I want it too, and I don't have to break out an oil-based makeup remover which I love! Just warm water + a cotton pad, slide over my lashes and it's off. No smudging whatsoever - and I have a serious problem with mascaras smudging of any kind, waterproof or not. So if you have oily lids/skin, this mascara is great for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2008 9:40:00 PM More reviews by spytz

It's a love-hate relationship with this mascara. The only thing (and it's a major thing) that I don't like with lash power is that it weighs down my curled lashes, so much that I have to re-curl them which is a pain, even with the lightest coat. That is such a shame, because everything else about this mascara is great. It however, looks lovely on my lower lashes.
If ONLY it didn't weigh down my lashes significantly so, I would have definitely repurchased.