November 26, 2014 | 948 users online

Powder - Maybelline - PureStay Powder Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a love/hate relationship with PureStay. I bought it for the first time two years ago, and I've been using it on and off ever since. I give Maybelline a lot of credit, because they've created a powder foundation that offers qualities that most other d/s brands don't. For one, the color selection for PureStay is excellent. I have very fair skin, and the majority of d/s powder foundations don't come in a shade light enough for me. Those that do run very cool, and my complexion is warm, so I struggle finding shades that match. I wear Ivory (01), and it's a perfect match. I've found that most of the shades run neutral with Buff (02) being an exception. The coverage, for a powder, is surprisingly good. I have a lot of redness in my skin, as well as acne scarring, and I can skip concealer when using PureStay because the coverage is that good. Plus, the staying power is wonderful. I get lazy when it comes to my makeup, and I don't like having to reapply constantly throughout the day. PureStay easily lasts through an eight hour shift at work, which is another reason I like it so much. Now, onto the downfalls. My skin is a little on the dry side, and although normally I don't have a problem wearing powder foundations, PureStay always looks chalky and powdery on my skin. I've tried exfoliating, using different moisturizers, and different application techniques, but PS always manages to accentuate every dry patch on my face. It also seems to dry my skin out even more. I've noticed that the longer I use PS, the drier and flakier my skin becomes. I've been using powder foundations for years and have never had that problem before, so I'm assuming my skin isn't loving an ingredient in this. Unfortunately, even though this foundation has a lot of excellent qualities, I won't be repurchasing. The bad far outweighs the good in my case, but I'd still recommend this foundation to girls looking for a cheap d/s foundation. It's only $7, so you don't have much to lose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Leal18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this two days ago but I am IN LOVE! I was VERY loyal to CG trublend powder foundation until they renamed it MINERAL (yeah right) and dropped half of the colors. This stuff is EXCELLENT and I will use it everyday unless I see a problem. I'll update if I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by AL21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am not a fan of foundations and powders, but this one is great! It matches my skin well and does not look fake or turn greasy. It is good for evening out skin tones and it has never made me break out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by cinna7733

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. I use it in buff and it's a perfect match for my skin. The texture is great and feels great on. I agree with the reviewer that said this HG and I like it better than Studio Fix as well. Must try

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by marissakmac

LOVE! Great product. This is one of the very very few products I have ever used that has matched my skin tone pretty well. orange =(. If feels so much better than other powders, not thick and cakey. It goes on nice and smooth and doesn't feel too heavy. Covers blemishes pretty well, but it works wonders if you use a liquid foundation underneath. This way, you hardly need concealer. Great product. The only con I can think of is that the packaging sucks. I have broken so many of these things, dropping them or just having them in my purse. It is a pain, but overall it is worth it to use this. I just buy one separate for my purse so it doesn't get too much use. Problem solved! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by mrsmolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would have never even considered buying this product if it were not for the MUA reviews! I have not bought a d/s foundation in a zillion years. I love love love it. Lightest shade is perfect, super easy to apply. I have always used a tinted moist. or liquid foundation - never tried a powder until mineral makeup. After my horrible bare minerals experience I was desperate for something easy on my skin. This is awesome. I do not feel like I am wearing anything. No breakouts! No clogged pores! Natural finish. No shinies! I use occasionally with concealer or TM on days I feel like I need a bit more covg and it still looks great. And best of all - CHEAP!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by FitzieG

This stuff is sooooo good! I've been using it religiously for a couple years now and I'm so pleased with the way my skin looks. I use a bit of Almay foundation underneath on the days when I'm a little more blotchy. It's by far the best powder I've ever tried. I intend to stick with it until it's discontinued (hopefully that will never happen)!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by ktb2780

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Does not fully cover my red, blotchy cheeks. What's weird is you can tell I've put on makeup, skin is "smoothed out" yet the red just comes right on through! Also, does not, at all, cover any acne or scars. For example, I now use Prestige wet/dry powder foundation and I get MUCH better coverage.

PureStay does have good "staying power" versus other powders (and well it should since it is named after that) and it seems to keep oil away longer than others... but anyone with any redness, blotchy skin/cheeks or acne scars really won't get enough coverage out of this.

Maybe use it as a powder to set other foundation? I do that sometimes...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by akc5219

This powder foundation works pretty well. It covers well and looks good. I absolutely hate the cheap packaging, but that's not enough to stop me from using it. When it runs out I'll probably search for something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2007 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ViCi0USkittyx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this on and off for a few years now. I've tried other powders but I always end back up with this. It has decent coverage and doesn't break me out. If you can find a good match in this, go for it. The only thing I don't like is after a few hours this pretty much melts off. I wish this was more long lasting.

Edit: This has really been emphasizing dry areas even with moisturizer underneath lately. :(
EditEdit: This is WAY too pink for me. What was I thinking? (not taking away any lippies because it's still a decent product for someone with different coloring)