Maybelline Cover Stick

3.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Talc, Propylparaben, Polybutene, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green)

I've been using this for a few years for my hereditary dark circles. The trick to using this, or any pot or stick concealer is to warm it up first and put on a moisturized under eye. I put a good dab of it on my ring finger, warm it up with my other ring finger and make a little paste, then place in a pushing motion right under my eye and in the dark inner corners. Just smoosh it in. It doesn't work well straight from tube, directly to eye. Warm up your thick-based concealers this way and they are easier to work with...at least for me.

EDIT: I'm taking off a couple lippies here because I just bought a new one and I think they changed the formula...it's not as dense and creamy as I have bought in the past and since a container lasts so long, they might have changed it....not sure? But warming up a concealer like I mentioned above does make it work better.

Tried again...... I'm pretty sure they changed the formula, not as pigmented or emoliant (sp) as I remember, so it takes more to cover....then it's drying

on 5/8/2010 11:24:00 PM

I used this to cover blemishes in the past. Coverage was good but it seemed like you had to apply more than one coat to really cover. Because you had to apply so much, you had a lot of caking. And on top of it, using so much concealer for my blemishes made me break out even more... which is a horrible cycle to be in.
I used to have friends and strangers comment on how obvious the coverage was. It's thick but blendable to an extent. Medium beige color seemed fine on my light-medium skin but it did change color once my skin turned oily later in the day. It's a great price and I used it for many years... but then you realize that there are better products that cost more. If you cannot afford to shelve out a lot of money, this is a pretty good concealer for the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this for under-eye circles, I find it leaves them looking a bit ashy.. but it's not that noticeable. This concealer is fairly easy to blend however, I just swipe some underneath my eye, and blend it in with my fingers. Wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this concealer for undereyes, and it's not too drying. I can't use it on the sides of my nose though, because it's too drying in that area. The shades are kind of limited, I have the medium shade, and it's still quite light.

on 3/26/2010 10:32:00 PM

Holy grease paint, Batman!!!

The color(ivory) matched my skin, it covered well, lasted a long time, covered my dark circles perfectly, and it makes a great eyeshadow base, but it gave me a zit the size of a nipple on my cheek. It also dried my skin out really bad & caked up like crazy. I don't understand, I used to use this all the time with no problems. Maybe they changed the formula? I'm debating whether to return it or just use it only around my eyes. But it makes my eyelids dry & flaky, so I dunno. Ugh.

for the anti redness cover stick. I wasnt very impriessed with this, I brought it mainly because of the price. Its a good colour green in the tube and when you apply either directly or with your finger or brush it seems really creamy and i thought it would blend really well. however it doesnt and it becomes cakey and dry very quickly. because of this i find it draws more attention to the area. also because i do have some dry skin as well it highlights this. I would say if you are looking for a green tone product maybe a liquid product would be better.
However I also have this in fair and nude beige. As with the anti red it is really creamy out of the tube but unlike that one these stay creamy and are really easy to belnd which I love. I use the fair one around my top lip to make it look bigger and the nude beige has become my everyday concealor. its a perfect colour me and as i said i love the way it blends and it doesnt dry out. which is nice as i use it around my nose and there is nothing worse than a flaky nose! I think for the price these are great (I paid 1 each). really like the nude beige so would definatly buy that again, but in my opinion steer clear of the anti redness one.

on 3/23/2010 3:59:00 PM

Hmmmm, unfortunately it was dry and didn't smoothly and nicely around my eyes. It was also very hard to blend. This product used to be ok years ago...Don't know if they've changed any ingredients...
I'm probably gonna throw it away as I can't use it with the way it is.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

just a normal cover stick good for a base on eyes or lips.

on 3/13/2010 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I think its too thick for me.
Good thing is that it covers well if u have red spots, but for example with me it shows that i have pores!!!
Probably i gotta use primer beforehand.
And its very difficult to apply it under eyes.

on 3/7/2010 11:56:00 PM

I don't really like this product. It covers good but it makes my skin look very dry even if i moisturize before i apply it. I dont really think it's that creamy either it kind of feels like chalk to me. I won't buy this product again.