October 24, 2014 | 1731 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by lunabachellier

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave it three stars because of the texture. It's super creamy and rich, which I appreciated. The coverage was alright, but it did not do a great job of covering redness. The colour had an orange-y tinge to it- which I absolutely hated.
I will definitely not repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is actually pretty heavy duty stuff. My best advice with this is to not apply it directly to your face--you'll use too much product that way, it will cake easily and be hard to blend. Use a brush and tap and blend it in. I go as far as smashing it into a small container (however messy that may be!) but you could also just dab the stick straight onto a brush. (And I use the foundation/concealer brush from Essence of Beauty, both ends, and that works well for me.) Really creamy, and gives very good coverage to problem spots.

My only problem with this -- and it's kind of a big one -- is that it does wear off kind of quickly (especially on my t-zone), and it's not so good for touch-ups because it's so heavy. I get a patchy look, and for that reason I can't give this more than 3 stars.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by AshyDreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm on my third stick of this in six months! I use medium beige and the formula is super creamy and easy to blend. It only costs 6 which is great value. It comes up ten times better if you use it with a moisturiser (I use 8 hour cream) and lasts most of the day. Especially good for patches of red on the cheek/chin area. I took off one lippie because the actual product itself only lasts me about four weeks. TIP! : when it's all gone use a concealer brush to get the rest out theres easily an extra quarter that way! :D Will be getting this again! <3333

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by violetsiva

There are better concealers out there for the money but this is the only one that I have ever found that is full coverage and stays put all day. It doesn't turn orange on me and it doesn't highlight my acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by heartadoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This product is the only one so far that has been able to conceal big pimples easily. i'll admit that its difficult to blend in but thats the problem with most cream concealer as it gives us high coverage.
One stick lasts me for up to 6 months and i uses it on a daily basis!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 6:11:00 AM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in a different packaging than the one showed in the picture here, it is a longer and thinner tube with a beigy-peachy top and it has 'cover stick' written on it. i have this in 23 medium beige, the darkest color.
i am currently using this combined with my Max Factor Erace or Clinque's all about eyes in light petal, or just by itself (depending on which foundation i am using, darker or lighter).

in my quest for the perfect concealer i have encountered this one...it is not a HG yet because i have some objections to it, but still...i am surprised with this product.

pros:

-it is extremely creamy. i think this is the trick about this concealer, it is not sticky or cakey like others so it blends in immediately with my skin. i have ugly reddish undereye circles and i need a lot of product to cover them up, dunno why they're so stubborn.

-due to the aforementioned consistency, it does not settle into the fine lines around the eyes or nose, and it doesn't show the pores either. amazing.

-it is sooooo blendable!!! amazing for a drugstore product!

-the coverage is good yet towards sheer...i don't know how to explain this. one layer is enough for superficial circles or small spots, like freckles, but for maximum coverage i have to rub the stick into my skin several times.nevertheless, it is VERY natural. compares to a mineral foundation, it doesn't show on my skin and it looks like i am wearing nothing.

-the colors are very versatile. this is the first time i ever see such great colors in concealers...not even my kanebo offers this greatness. all colors have multiple undertones that are not unnatural. most concealers have either a chalky pink undertone, if they are very light, or an orange one if they are darker. this one is...weird. in natural daylight, in strong sun, looks beige with ashy undertones, yet it blends perfectly with my skin, both with and without makeup (i tend to use a darker foundation than my skin). im quite surprised by how this concealer works, it basically matches both my unmade complexion and the one with foundation...!!! kudos!
when exposed to artificial light, whether is my bathroom light or my camera flash it looks amazing, when i pass it across my face i can't even see where i applied it. whooaaa! this has NEVER happened to me before, with absolutely no product, and i have tried A LOT of them.
and about the color, i think this one that i have is very similar to Eve pearl's salmon concealer...it's basically a peachy beige with no trace of orange in it, yet it doesn't have that yellowish or paleness most concealers have. looks and acts like a high-end foundation in a stick.

cons:

- it is so creamy that you'll end up using a lot of product, it basically glides on your skin at a cost...the stick will finish very soon. i have used mine three times already and it's very worn out. :((((

-the size of the stick is rather small....it is cheap, that is true, but still...i would have wanted MORE MORE MORE!! it is a great product and im going to stock up for this exact reason...hopefully it's gonna be on sale some day ! (me the cheapo talking!)

i gave it four lippies just because of the creaminess that makes it finish very fast, otherwise i would have given it a hundred...it is truly a very good product that i am super happy with.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by ChristieCool

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i didn't like this product! it is quite thick which makes it hard to blend and the lightest shade is too dark for my skin- it has an orange tinge to it which i find in most cheaper brands! it looked very dry on a recovering spot and looked chalky under the eyes! i will not be buying again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by deedeetaylor8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As someone who needs full coverage in a concealer, I liked this product. It covers like it's supposed to, and is oil-free, perfect for acne-prone skin. It is also in a stick, which makes it more hygenic to apply directly to the skin, as opposed to having to use a brush. The downside to using this product is the lack of blendability. It goes on alright, but is hard to blend into the skin after application. It dries to a matte finish, but it does stick to dry skin quite easily. I recommend it to normal, oily, or combination skin types.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Nymph913

The thing i HATE about this concealer is that when I apply it, the supposingly 'creamy' formula does not 'absorb' or blend into the skin as it should. In other words, it doesn't act like a cream formula. It's hard to describe, but the effect of this concealer is like putting a drying powder over extremely dry skin or a dry spot. It made my skin look rough or like i have dry patches.

I bought it just a month ago. The only pro is the heavy coverage this concealer has. It can effectively brighten the undereye area.

Result = bright, DRY skin
Definitely not repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 1:04:00 AM More reviews by erin09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many concealers over the years and somehow I always return to this one. I have used this in both white and ivory. The ivory is a very very light color, which is a plus for me because usually the lightest shades available in foundations and concealers are far too dark for me. Ivory matches my skin tone perfectly. I've found that the cover stick works best when applied with your fingers; chance for stick breakage is minimized and the heat from your fingers helps apply the product more smoothly. It is awesome for covering up spot acne and redness. I find it as effective as dermablend in this regard, for a MUCH cheaper price.