September 24, 2014 | 1507 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Mary Kay - Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by texasflamingo

I use this on a Ponds towlette and it takes my waterproof mascara right off. It's oil-free so it doesn't leave my eyes greasy. It is a little expensive, but it only takes a tiny bit per eye. I've been using it for about 6 months and I've barely made a dent in it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

My MIL is a Mary Kay rep and when she heard I was running to the store for my HG Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover (we were all at her house), she offered to let me try this and save me the trip (did I mention I have a MIL that rocks?!)

PROS: (1) works just as well as Lancome Bi-Facil and Neutrogena Oil Free (all 3 are dual phase products - must shake well b4 using). No tugging/pulling to remove even stubborn waterproof mascara (which I wear 95% of the time); leaves no film over my eyes (I do wash my face after using this, but some other eye mu removers still left a residual film); doesn't sting my eyes. (2) the packaging far exceeds Lancome and Neutrogena's becuz it has a little pinhole top for dispensing; with the other 2 - wide open at the top = hard to control amount dispensed. (3) (and this is dumb, but...) it's a pink bottle - so girly girly!! :)

CONS: (1) price - yes I got mine for free, but regular price is like $14 -while that is less than Lancome's outrageous price ($26, but can usually get a GWP smaller size), it is 2x the price of Neutrogena; (2) have to get thru MK rep or order online = not nearly as convenient as, say, running to Target and get while grocery shopping.

I took 1 lippie off for price - otherwise I'd have given it 5 stars. I said yes to repurchase, but will only do so if Neutrogena is d/c. I mean, lets face it - why unnecessarily pay 2x price?

I see that CVS (which I rarely get to becuz its a bit of a haul drivewise) has a knock off of Neutrogena's for approx $3 less. I am going to try that next time. I also saw that Walmart has their version (Equate) which I was going to buy, but the CVS version was even cheaper - shocking! So - will be trying the CVS version once I run out of MK.

That said - I will say an unequivocal "YES" should my lovely MIL offer me another freebie!

08/01/09 UPDATE I found my HG eye makeup remover - Sonia Kashuk - workx better than any other of the dual-phase I have tried. So SK will be my HG; MK (should I get it again free from MIL) is my 2nd choice tied w/ Neutrogena.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by JeneenL

I have been using this for years b/c I used to be a consultant and had a lot of this left. I like it, it gets eye shadow off fine. It does take a bit to get all my mascara off. If I don't find anything else out there I would repurchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 12:36:00 PM More reviews by BrittyG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this stuff. It works really well and gets makeup off easily without pulling and excess rubbing. Plus, the package is pretty cool. However it's a little expensive for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by TRIPPIN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This eye makeup remover works well; however, I prefer Marcelle eye makeup remover (for waterproof makeup). The Marcelle is a bit oiler but I find that it works more quickly (less rubbing required). Also, I can conveniently purchase Marcelle at my local drugstore for a lot less money than the MK, especially when it's on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Themagpie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for a while. It does what it promises. Takes off all eye makeup, even waterproof. And best of all it's oil free.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by xPollyPocketx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this stuff is the BEST. it does an amazing job.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by charisma103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really LOVE this Makeup Remover. I thought Clinique's OFMR was awesome, but Mary Kay beats it by far!

My Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner comes off like a dream when I use this - no major scrubbing involved.

I found you get the best results by using jumbo cotton balls as this distributes the product evenly and removes makeup easily.

The great thing about this product is the packaging. Most MUR have an open top on the bottle (which can lead to major spills and product loss) Mary Kay has designed their bottle to have a stopper with a small pinhole, so you have to squeeze the product out, instead of wasting product by tipping the bottle over.

I would suggest using Ebay to buy this item, since many Mary Kay Reps can be a nucisance.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by dmr1324

I use this does not make my under eyes dry like cream eye remover does a little goes a long way last me about 2 months maybe even longer would buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by pink_rosies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This product makes my life so much easier! I love playing around with colors, mascaras, and glitter & etc... (who doesn't?!?!) and this stuff takes it off so easily. No tugging. It doesn't sting and it's oil free! I have used it for years and haven't found anything better for the price.