April 23, 2014 | 883 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2006 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I own this in Stay Beige. I would like to say that when it first goes on, it looks great on my face. The color match looks perfect upon initial application. It provides sheer-to-light coverage. It doesn't look masky or heavy like some powders do on the face. And, I do find that it keeps my face matte looking for 5+ hours. However, after a while, the powder does start to oxidize on my face. Throughout the day, the longer that I wear it, the more browner/tanner my complexion starts to look. That's the only real con that I have about this powder.

If I ever do end up buying this again, it would definitely be in the Translucent shade only. Otherwise, this product is not one that I consider a must-have in my makeup regime.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2006 8:51:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

This didn't work for me. When I first tried this, I had very, very oily skin - now, a couple of years later, I'm still oily, but more combination than anything else. It still doesn't work. Back then it ended up just sliding all over the place, and now, it's flaky. MAC Blot Powder is really the only touch-up powder that works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2006 4:38:00 AM More reviews by talatala

I've used this powder for years, and I won't use anything else. I've tried loads of other products, but this one is the best. I have very sensitive skin, and this works well. It never looks 'chalky' like so many powders, and it doesn't just sit on top of the skin. And the sponge applicator is great.
To reviewers who thought it needed to be re-applied too often because of shine: Try just blotting the shine with a tissue; you shouldn't need to apply more.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2006 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Kristineh

Gives pretty good coverage, but not the best staying power; you have to apply it several times during the day. Doesn't look chalky or fake, so still an overall good powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2006 4:23:00 AM More reviews by wifeofdr2b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been my HG pressed powder for years! I began wearing this while in high school, like many other Clinique products. I have tried many others throughout the years but I always come back to this. I'm a PPP and wear Stay Buff and it is perfect, never chaulky, and is fragrance free. This controls any shine breakthrough and doesn't breakout my skin or clog my pores. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2006 1:22:00 PM More reviews by joodles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

For my NC30-35 skin, the Clinique lady selected Stay Neutral (02). I thought it would be too light but it was a good match and did not deposit too much additional color on my face. Unlike many powders, this one did not leave my skin looking or feeling dry. Although I have combination skin, this did not adequately control oil. After a few hours, my face looked shiny again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2006 7:22:00 AM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I dont get how this gets such bad reviews. I love it. It works well to blot up shine, or if you dont want to wear foundation, it works great alone. I bought this in Stay Buff and its a perfect match. It kept my nose free from shine all day (granted, I dont have terribly oily skin, but it can get shiny sometimes). The sponge isnt bad, but you should wash it frequently. its a repurchase for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2006 8:52:00 PM More reviews by wanderlust23

This product is the worse pressed powder I have very oily skin like it gets oily 5 minutes after I WASH my face and acne-prone.The powder does not DELIVER what it says it will do.I hate it soooo much I just want to throw it away!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Sophia17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this pressed powder because I was impressed by my HG Clinique loose powder, but I was wrong this pressed powder is nothing like the loose one. It doesn't blot for long and it doesn't cover that much it's like nothing on my skin, I think I could get a cheeper powder for that results, but it's good for sensitive skins, I have sensitve skin and didn't break out at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2006 12:27:00 AM More reviews by sarathan

I think this powder is just okay...not horrible but not the greatest either. It keeps my skin shine-free for awhile, but I definitley need touch-ups and I don't have extremely oily skin. I do like the smell and the packaging quality is nice, but I think there are betters powders out there. **UPDATE** I just bought this powder again, but in a lighter shade. I was using Stay Neutral before and now I have Stay Buff. I have to say I like this powder so much better now. My skin looked a little ruddy before, so I guess I just had the wrong shade. My skin looks fresher now. I still don't feel like I can give it 5 stars, but I can move it up from 3 stars to 4.