MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

My favorite make-up artist at MAC gave me a sample of this. I was a bit iffy at first, using a moisturizer other than what my Dermatologist would recommend. But I ran out of night cream one night and decided to use this instead. My skin absolutely love this! No break-outs, does not make me oily (considering I have oily skin) and gives me a certain glow when worn under foundation. I will buy a full size of this.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this product for five years now. I love it. It is overpriced in my opinion, but it looks great under my foundation, especially when my skin is dry. I don't like wearing it during summer because it will look way too shiny, however it is perfect for winter. Get a sample for mac before you purchase it and if you like it, buy it. I'm still in search for a cheaper luminizer.

on 9/20/2009 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

An alright product. Nothing to write home to your lover about.

on 9/15/2009 2:09:00 PM

I have been eyeing this for a long time. I usually request a little sample pot of it along with any other MAC purchases I make so I was kept going for a little while like that anyway but finally I bit the bullet (a $28 bullet)- while this is NOT the most expensive highlighter I own, that goes to Armani Fluid Sheer- it certainly is the most skin-care centered item. Had this been ONLY face shimmer, I never would have bought it. However it is CHOCK-FULL of antioxidants and my skin feels GREAT when I wear it. So I wear it like a moisturizer, and its shimmery characteristics are a distant second. A pea-sized amount is perfect for me, so I imagine this will last at least a year with regular use...

on 9/13/2009 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I am in love ! I use this under foundation for a dewy look and it works wonderfully. I can't imagine running out of it anytime soon because it only takes a small amount of the cream to get the desire effect but when I do I'll definitely re-purchase.

on 9/13/2009 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is one of my top 5 products with MAC cosmetics. I primarily use it on my cheekbones, but it does work well when I apply non-MAC foundations over it. This product is definitely one thing that gets people telling me that I have a glow about myself. I only share the secret with the closest of friends!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've had this product for a long time (I have it in a total different package that I like more... it's more like a tube). At any rate, I love to put this product on my cheekbones for an extra highlight, but other than that, I don't find it to be very useful (definitely not worth the price). It doesn't show up under any of my foundations, so I always put it on TOP! That seems sort of strange... I also don't personally find it very moisturizing, but that may be because I have an old formulation.

on 8/12/2009 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I mix this product with my foundation. I couldn't not get this product to work for me because of all the breakout. It did add a nice glow to my foundation but the breakouts were unbearable. I got a sample of strobe liquid from my MAC counter and to my surprise no breakouts.

on 8/12/2009 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Ok, firstly, I honestly didn't know what to do with this product. I bought it when I was in South Korea In December and just getting into makeup.

Initially the MUA applied it all over my face. Not so much like a moisturizer, she must have been highlighting various areas. Due to my inexperience, I thought it'd be good to slather it all over my face when I got home. Not so good ;D The glitter face bothered me, so I let this sit at the bottom of my makeup bag for a while. As it was marketed as a Moisturizer, I don't actually feel too stupid about using it like that, I just looked incredibly stupid.

Recently a MUA friend of mine did my makeup. She rummaged around my bag, found this cream and used it as a highlighter on the tops of my cheeks. Hmm. So it's a highlighter and it does a good job at highlighting. It doesn't have a colour to it, so it's just kind of shimmery.

All in all, I don't love it, wouldn't buy it again, but damn, at least I found a use out of it? When I run out you won't see me scrambling to MAC to buy another. I'd much rather use Benefit High Beam, if only it didn't make my skin bubble up. Argh.

Good:
Nice as a highlighter, even if that isn't it's original purpose.
Good, hygienic packaging. Does stand up on it's own despite what other reviewers have said.

Bad:
A bit thick and heavy.
Kind of pricey at 20.50 for 50ml. Especially for a product I don't use so much.
Makes a glitter-bomb face if used as all over the face, so it's not a moisturizer as marketed.
If used as a highlighter inexpertly, it will highlight flaws. Boo.

on 8/7/2009 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I find absolutely no difference between this and Strobe Liquid, besides the consistency. Essentially, they're the exact same product. I've been using both of them for highlighting, but they're a bit too subtle for that. In addition, these streak and smear my other make-up beneath (I use exclusively powder products on my face, with the exception of this). I tried using this as a moisturizer, but it's much too iridescent for that, and not creamy enough. I've resorted to using it on my under-eye circles, but it seems like a big waste to pay $30 for an under-eye cream that doesn't even moisturize. Wouldn't repurchase.

Popular Moisturizers