October 22, 2014 | 1815 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Ninotchka87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. When I use mix it with my foundation, it creates a very subtle glow, and when I use it alone, it's a great highlighter or primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by medusapj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not like this product. I guess my biggest complaint is the packaging. Everytime I open the tube, I get 10x more than what I need. It needs to be stored laying on it's side I guess. Not real impressed with the product either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Seraphic

I had gotten a sample of this at the MAC counter and thought that it was an amazing product as it gave my skin a nice glow so I bought it. However the price is a bit much though similar to most high end creams, I still love it and would still get it. It's nothing too heavy and makes my skin feel nice and soft; it's also great when mixed with foundation! I'm not too big a fan of the bottle it comes in but that's not a big deal.

EDIT: Okay so it makes my skin feel soft but it isn't very moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ritumoni

this stuff is heavy b/c its not right for my combo/oily skin. it makes me look oily ..well good thing i had only tried a sample of it...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by XXohsoblondeXX

This is a staple in my makeup bag.
The Girl at the Mac counter descriped it as a vitamin packed moisturiser with light reflecting particles to brighten your compexion.

I wear this under my foundation and follow with prep and prime as recommended by the Girl at Mac and I always get complments on how healthy and fresh I look. Used alone my make up pretty much stays in place all day used with the Prep and prime it doest budge.

on lazy days mix my Foundation and Strobe cream for a lighter dewy effect.

Highly recommended

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by facsimile123

i had heard about this product for a while but never had time to go buy it, finally did and was really happy with its results, gives a pleasant glow and can hide flaws with the way it reflects light, really nice texture too, although a tad too dewy close up but very nice at an average distance. It really picks up the visual quality of most foundations comes close to giving a porcelain effect although a much dewier one. The only negatives being the fact that using it as a primer will cause some foundations not to cover faults at all and foundation can also cake.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by MaBoogins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted this product for such a long time. Finally, I received it as a holiday gift from my boyfriend. I had such high hopes! I put it on and thought, "This is okay...", but... just okay. There was nothing that was $30-worthy about it. It gave me a bit of a glow, but it seemed to go away very quickly. I thought that I needed more time for the product to grow on me, because I really wanted to love this stuff.

I continued using it and was disappointed everytime. My disappointment became even greater when I realized that this stuff was breaking me out. My skin had been pretty well behaved as I have started using products with AHA. I had been applying Strobe Cream near my cupid's bow and got really painful pimples along the top of my lip.

This product does not deliver what I thought it would and it's too pricey. The only thing I got was a temporary and lackluster "glow" and some painful zits. I will NOT be repurchasing. VERY disappointing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 3:20:00 AM More reviews by davidsgf

Perfect for my dry skin. GREAT moisturizer. At first use I thought it was too heavy, but then realized that the consistency was just fine once it had a chance to seep into my skin. I also thought that it was too oily and made my face shiny. Once again, I had to let it have it's time to sink in. (unfortunately i'm in a rush, a lot) Smells great and looks great. I love the iridescence. You can wear it alone for a healthy glow or under foundation. Down side is kind of pricey for the amount that you get. Plus side, that amount has lasted me quite a while! I'm down the last drop of mine, having trouble squeezing it out, but I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by chloeism21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a Pro member, and have been since 1999. With that being said, I bough this when it was first introduced in the old, all-white packaging, but never really figured it out.

Well, fast forward to a MAC Master Class that I attended this year, and I have been re-introduced to a holy grail product!!! All of the MAC artists swear by this product, used as moisturizer, prior to foundation, etc... So, after they raved about it during the class, I had to buy it. Since then, it has become a product that I cannot live without. You can use this on its own, and get a really pretty, perfect-looking glow, or you can use it under foundation. I use it under Mineralize Satin Finish Foundation (MAC-see my review), and under the now-discontinued Hyper Real foundation.

This product is not designed to be glittery or very iridescent. I find it to be the "grown-up" answer to all of that. It gives smooth skin a very natural, perfect glow. Under foundation, it just lights up the whole face, making you look like you are walking around with a sot focus lens on your face. Without foundation, you look like you have perfectly hydrated skin.

I will be using this product for a very long time...

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by cwa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is OK but nothing special. It looks good at first but I find it wears off quickly. I have to use it on top of my makeup (only on cheeks) because if I use it underneath, I can't even see a difference. Definitely not worth the price. I will try something different next.