August 30, 2014 | 1162 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by XXohsoblondeXX

This is a staple in my makeup bag.
The Girl at the Mac counter descriped it as a vitamin packed moisturiser with light reflecting particles to brighten your compexion.

I wear this under my foundation and follow with prep and prime as recommended by the Girl at Mac and I always get complments on how healthy and fresh I look. Used alone my make up pretty much stays in place all day used with the Prep and prime it doest budge.

on lazy days mix my Foundation and Strobe cream for a lighter dewy effect.

Highly recommended

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by facsimile123

i had heard about this product for a while but never had time to go buy it, finally did and was really happy with its results, gives a pleasant glow and can hide flaws with the way it reflects light, really nice texture too, although a tad too dewy close up but very nice at an average distance. It really picks up the visual quality of most foundations comes close to giving a porcelain effect although a much dewier one. The only negatives being the fact that using it as a primer will cause some foundations not to cover faults at all and foundation can also cake.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by MaBoogins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted this product for such a long time. Finally, I received it as a holiday gift from my boyfriend. I had such high hopes! I put it on and thought, "This is okay...", but... just okay. There was nothing that was $30-worthy about it. It gave me a bit of a glow, but it seemed to go away very quickly. I thought that I needed more time for the product to grow on me, because I really wanted to love this stuff.

I continued using it and was disappointed everytime. My disappointment became even greater when I realized that this stuff was breaking me out. My skin had been pretty well behaved as I have started using products with AHA. I had been applying Strobe Cream near my cupid's bow and got really painful pimples along the top of my lip.

This product does not deliver what I thought it would and it's too pricey. The only thing I got was a temporary and lackluster "glow" and some painful zits. I will NOT be repurchasing. VERY disappointing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 3:20:00 AM More reviews by davidsgf

Perfect for my dry skin. GREAT moisturizer. At first use I thought it was too heavy, but then realized that the consistency was just fine once it had a chance to seep into my skin. I also thought that it was too oily and made my face shiny. Once again, I had to let it have it's time to sink in. (unfortunately i'm in a rush, a lot) Smells great and looks great. I love the iridescence. You can wear it alone for a healthy glow or under foundation. Down side is kind of pricey for the amount that you get. Plus side, that amount has lasted me quite a while! I'm down the last drop of mine, having trouble squeezing it out, but I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by chloeism21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a Pro member, and have been since 1999. With that being said, I bough this when it was first introduced in the old, all-white packaging, but never really figured it out.

Well, fast forward to a MAC Master Class that I attended this year, and I have been re-introduced to a holy grail product!!! All of the MAC artists swear by this product, used as moisturizer, prior to foundation, etc... So, after they raved about it during the class, I had to buy it. Since then, it has become a product that I cannot live without. You can use this on its own, and get a really pretty, perfect-looking glow, or you can use it under foundation. I use it under Mineralize Satin Finish Foundation (MAC-see my review), and under the now-discontinued Hyper Real foundation.

This product is not designed to be glittery or very iridescent. I find it to be the "grown-up" answer to all of that. It gives smooth skin a very natural, perfect glow. Under foundation, it just lights up the whole face, making you look like you are walking around with a sot focus lens on your face. Without foundation, you look like you have perfectly hydrated skin.

I will be using this product for a very long time...

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by cwa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is OK but nothing special. It looks good at first but I find it wears off quickly. I have to use it on top of my makeup (only on cheeks) because if I use it underneath, I can't even see a difference. Definitely not worth the price. I will try something different next.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2008 6:14:00 AM More reviews by sweetpea63

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a swap here on MUA and I really don't know what all the fuss is about. I am starting to wonder now if I just got an old package of the stuff. Mine came in a squeeze tube and I see on the MAC sight that it comes in a bottle now. This really did'nt do anything for me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 3:27:00 AM More reviews by sugahxpops

Strobe Cream is generally a really good quality "undergarment" makeup...meaning it's something that, when used appropriately, makes your skin look youthful, hydrated and fresh without signs of coverage.

In it's liquid-like form, I tap it onto my cheekbones and carry it under my eye and in my eye corners and I always dab a little on the cupids bow of my lips. It's kind of like making the light hit where YOU want it to. I think it's about $55AU which isn't cheap, but you get alot for what I use it for, and the packaging is shimmery and glam.

Use it sparingly and it's stunning :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this product off and on for over 4 years and couldn't truly say I loved it until recently. So here are a few things bout this product - if my skin is irritated or flaky, this looks awful. But when my skin is smooth this looks amazing and very complimentary. It gives my skin an instant glow and fresh look.
Dislike MACs new packaging on some of their bottles. I feel like I have to squeeze and shake the crap out of it to get as much product as I can out of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Beauty0Marked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Skin Tone: For reference Iím an NW15 with green eyes and dark brown hair which I usually have highlighted with blonde.
Lips: Medium-high pigmented lips.
Skin Type: Dry/sensitive skin prone to occasional breakouts around jawline.

I must admit though that I was slightly disappointed when I first tried it as I kind of wanted something that was more iridescent, but I do really love this product as it gives a nice subtle glow on days when your skin looks a bit dull which mine often does.
I just apply a thin layer of this under my foundation and my skin is good to go. I will definitely purchase this again but if you are looking for something with more iridescence my guess is that this is not quite the product you are looking for.