Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

3.9

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 1%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Talc, Tribehenin, Trisiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Alumina, Nylon 12, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Polyisobutene, Synthetic Wax, Micocrystalline Wax, Sodium Chloride, Mushroom Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cornflower Extract, Meadowsweet Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Phytantriol, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Triethoxy Caprylysilane, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsequioxane Copolymer, Silica, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Zinc Oxide.

on 7/2/2009 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG when is comes to concealers for acne breakouts. This literally is my skin. I am seen NO WHERE without this on. I have tried others, but none is as good as this. I have tried other very high end concealers, and as much as I wanted them to work, they did not and i always come back to this. Very simple concept. It is not moisturizing in any way, it has 1 percent salicylic acid in it. I am very happy with this concealer. I use shade 200 and it is pretty close to perfect, maybe a little bit on the fair side, but my skin is naturally a little more on the pink side, so nothing will match perfectly. I do not wear foundation, just a little dab of this here and there and my Chanel eye concealer and I am set. Thanks Almay! Customer for life.

on 6/29/2009 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

My tube (from Canada) says clear complexion concealer treatment, so I assume this is the same thing as in the US. Good for concealing my roseacea breakouts. Color 200 light/medium is perfect for winter and color 300 medium is perfect for summer; I use a blend in the fall and spring. Texture is perfect: not shiny, not impossibly mat, just absolutely like skin! Doesn't make breakouts worse, but I'm giving it a 4 rather than a 5 because it doesn't make them better. More like a Texas standoff....covers up while the skin has a chance to heal itself.

on 6/28/2009 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This product is just awesome! I have oily skin, and most of the other brands I've used just slide off my face late in the afternoon. This product, on the other hand, does not go anywhere. It doesn't move. It doesn't get greasy. I love it. Although it claims to clear blemishes, don't expect it to make your pimples go away after a couple of days, because it won't. I love this for it's concealing power. Other people are complaining that this irritated their eyes and such. Read the package ladies. It says that it should NOT be used as an under eye concealer since it has salicylic acid in it. I use Maybelline CoverStick Yellow Corrector for that. They work well together. Even though Almay is a bit pricey for a ds brand, I will still repurchase.

For reference, I'm an NC30 and I bought this in light/medium. I think it's too light for me in the summer months, and I should probably buy the medium shade, but it's perfect for winter.

on 6/18/2009 10:58:00 PM

I love this concelaer for nutrilizing blemishes or spots. I use the light 100 shade on top of my founation and set it with powder. It stays put all day. The price was a little under $10 , not too bad.

I like how this concealer blends oh-so-wonderfully and contains salicylic acid that helps your pimples heal. The coverage is medium... it doesnt cover EVERYTHING but covers swelling of breakouts. :)

I have been using this for about 3 monthd now, an my overall rating on this product is great! I love this. This was the first concealer i ever bought and i have enjoyed it. The blemish treatment works, but you still must use your regular skin care routine to make it work somewhat. This is a little on the pricey side for drugstores, but all Almay products are! It's great for the price though. I will definately re purchase this.

This is a good concealer if you have somewhat oily skin -- it will NOT budge. It is pretty orange-y, and that doesn't really work with my pink undertones, but I always follow up with my hg foundation and powder, so the orange tinge isn't that noticeable. I keep buying this because of the good consistency and staying power, but if I could find something that wasn't so orange tinted I'd switch.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is a staple in my makeup bag and have been buying it for like 3 years now... if you have oily skin i definately recommend this because it has a good consistency for oily skin and something that won't 'glide' off your skin anytime soon... But the package does say it'll help cure acne, but it doesnt. But whatever, thats not the reason you buy makeup, so as a makeup product this is GREAT and you should definately try!!!!

on 5/25/2009 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i just bought this product because i was in need of some coverage but nothing that would suffocate my acne and make it worse. this product definitely did that! it's very easy to apply and easy to blend so it looks natural as well! love it!

on 5/18/2009 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this for 9 years. i have normal, hydrated skin. lately, i've been completely breaking out in terrible red bumps- i think it was due to queen helen's mint julep mask since the moment i stopped it, everything went away! it's awful! to conceal, i don't want to layer up with foundation, concealer, powder- that's so much. I just like using this concealer alone, and then set with with my Clinique almost powder. and it does the job nicely and naturally. i don't mind it being a wand/tube concealer. i like it. i have light skin, with pink tones. i use this in light mostly, switch to light/medium in spring, and use that off-and-on with medium in the summer. the colors have always been really natural on me. It's thick, and buildable. i use it under eyes, over moisturizer. no creasing, no dryness, makes it look like i'm not wearing anything on! it completely covers dark circles. and on the red spots, i just dab it on with the stick, and then use my finger to pat it in. and the spot literally disappears, and my skin looks FLAWLESS thank god! I only use the concealer where i need it, and it blends in great with my skin. i like it a lot. it's buildable too. so you can go really light or build up to more coverage. it's versatile.

Top Rated Almay Products