October 23, 2014 | 1987 users online

Concealers - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ALStephens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to concealer for blemishes/redness. I've used this for years now, and I keep coming back to it. It conceals well, has good staying power, and the packaging is great for touch-ups during the day. It comes with a pretty good amount, too; tube last a while. For the price, it can't be beat.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Lillapink

I really like it, it covers my pimples well, like seriously. Really well. I gave it a 4 cause the container is teeny, and it doesn't really dry them out. Still, love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by d0rkiamyxd

So I JUST bought this now, from seeing all the good comments about it here on MAU. And WOW. It is the BEST concealer I've EVER used. It was WAY better than I had expected it to be. It even covers my HUMONGOUS pores perfectly (when I barely put some on it). The foundations and powders that I have used didn't even cover them..

My face already looks well color-balanced and neat!
But I guess I have to continue and see if I like it later on also. For now though, I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by ellielovexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

holy cow! this product covers ALL of my acne/acne scars. now thats saying something. i lovelovelove this. last a whole school day w/ out fading on me. i use this then a mineral powder and my face looks pretty and smooth! people are asking me where my acne went. haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by audioandraid

This was a satisfying product. It definitely concealed and blended very well. the texture is amazing and it matched my skin tone wonderfully. BUT: The salicylic acid in it doesn't seem to help my acne at all. I was hoping that it would do what it promised : heal and conceal acne. But it just did the concealing. On some pimples, it made it even worse. I still love the coverage and concealing power it gives though so i'll continue using it. Worth a shot. My skin reacts to almost anything haha so maybe it'll work great for you!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by smm9032

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty decent concealer. It's very creamy and blends well. It does not cover as well as some other concealers that I have tried, but it still has decent coverage. I'm not sure if it does anything for my blemishes though. It doesn't make them worse, but I'm not sure if it really treats them either.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Kirikireii

I'm sorry, this was a disappointment.

Well, the thing is, I bought light, which was WAY TOO LIGHT for me. (I'm still a little irritated at my friend for telling me to buy this colour). Anyhow, so I bought it too light and hoped it would work for my pimples.
- DRIED it out like crazy! (Not only my pimple, but when I was trying to blend in the concealer, it dried the skin around it.)
- Flaked because it was so dry
- Sometimes the pimple completely dried out
- Other times (I know this is weird) the pimple seemed to get worse! (Maybe its cause I put foundation over top of it)

Anyhow, that was kind of a nightmare, but I somehow tried to force myself to use it, thinking I might grow onto it. For $12, it was a waste.

However, I used my friend's "Medium" shade, which is just about my colour, and worked good! Not amazing, but good.

The same too oily/too dry problem occurred with this one as well. No idea why.
At least there was no flakeyness! :D
But I had to use this sparingly as well, for fear I might share the same fate as I did with the "light" shade.
The coverage was decent, but there are better.

Maybe it's just me though. Sometimes I still use the medium, but only if a pimple is outstandingly disgusting.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by mszlaydeej

I bought this in hopes that it would help conceal blemishes. Unfortunately, no matter how many times I tried to use it, it just didn't work out for me. It made my blemishes look worse by the end of the day. Definitely wouldn't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

I love this concealer! It works amazing for blemishes or any redness I get around my nose. I'm not sure about the salycylic acid actually helping my blemishes, but it never makes them worse like other concealers do and it never makes them look worse. Either way, this concealer is amazing and I definitely recommend it from anyone with normal skin to very oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by soopinkk

I've been using this since high school and I really like it. I don't know if there are better products out there because I never really tried anything else, I've always stuck with this and it seems to work really good.