Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

3.9

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 1%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Talc, Tribehenin, Trisiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Alumina, Nylon 12, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Polyisobutene, Synthetic Wax, Micocrystalline Wax, Sodium Chloride, Mushroom Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cornflower Extract, Meadowsweet Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Phytantriol, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Triethoxy Caprylysilane, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsequioxane Copolymer, Silica, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Zinc Oxide.

I have been using this for about 3 monthd now, an my overall rating on this product is great! I love this. This was the first concealer i ever bought and i have enjoyed it. The blemish treatment works, but you still must use your regular skin care routine to make it work somewhat. This is a little on the pricey side for drugstores, but all Almay products are! It's great for the price though. I will definately re purchase this.

This is a good concealer if you have somewhat oily skin -- it will NOT budge. It is pretty orange-y, and that doesn't really work with my pink undertones, but I always follow up with my hg foundation and powder, so the orange tinge isn't that noticeable. I keep buying this because of the good consistency and staying power, but if I could find something that wasn't so orange tinted I'd switch.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is a staple in my makeup bag and have been buying it for like 3 years now... if you have oily skin i definately recommend this because it has a good consistency for oily skin and something that won't 'glide' off your skin anytime soon... But the package does say it'll help cure acne, but it doesnt. But whatever, thats not the reason you buy makeup, so as a makeup product this is GREAT and you should definately try!!!!

on 5/25/2009 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i just bought this product because i was in need of some coverage but nothing that would suffocate my acne and make it worse. this product definitely did that! it's very easy to apply and easy to blend so it looks natural as well! love it!

on 5/18/2009 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this for 9 years. i have normal, hydrated skin. lately, i've been completely breaking out in terrible red bumps- i think it was due to queen helen's mint julep mask since the moment i stopped it, everything went away! it's awful! to conceal, i don't want to layer up with foundation, concealer, powder- that's so much. I just like using this concealer alone, and then set with with my Clinique almost powder. and it does the job nicely and naturally. i don't mind it being a wand/tube concealer. i like it. i have light skin, with pink tones. i use this in light mostly, switch to light/medium in spring, and use that off-and-on with medium in the summer. the colors have always been really natural on me. It's thick, and buildable. i use it under eyes, over moisturizer. no creasing, no dryness, makes it look like i'm not wearing anything on! it completely covers dark circles. and on the red spots, i just dab it on with the stick, and then use my finger to pat it in. and the spot literally disappears, and my skin looks FLAWLESS thank god! I only use the concealer where i need it, and it blends in great with my skin. i like it a lot. it's buildable too. so you can go really light or build up to more coverage. it's versatile.

on 5/13/2009 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Unsanitary wand, limited color range, very drying... what else can I say? I do like the consistency when I first put it on my skin, but after a while it starts to flake. I guess it could work for people who need very full coverage with very oily skin, but otherwise I'd say stay away.

I like this concealer a lot and have been repurchasing this for a long time. It covers well, blends well, and looks natural in the light. My only gripes are that it doesn't come in many shades for darker skintones and the applicator promotes germs if you keep rubbing it on blemishes.

Update: Still love this, even four years later. Does not make me break out, stays put, and looks natural. Also very buildable!

on 4/25/2009 10:20:00 PM

So this concealer is really really good for covering breakouts. I like how it's not too liquidy but it's not too dry either. It's a creamy consistency but it does not cake up on any flakiness you might have around a blemish. Another thing I love about this concealer is that it matches my skin tone PERFECTLY!!! I have it in light/medium, and even though it looks kind of grayish in the tube (at least I think it does) it matches perfectly. The only thing about this concealer that I don't like is the tube. It's kind of like a lip gloss tube with the same type of applicator, and when there is nothing more coming out on the wand, I have to throw it out and get a new one even though I can see that there is a bunch left in the tube. But that's the only thing I don't like but it still deserves 5 lippies!
:) mo
EDIT: It's been getting hotter where I live and I realize that this kind of melts off during the day. I took off one lippie

Ok another EDIT: I've noticed a little bit of a synthetic, plasticy smell about this concealer since I've gotten a new one. It doesn't really bother me, but if you can't handle that kind of scent, I wouldn't reccomend this.
:) mo

on 4/23/2009 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my go-to concealer for blemishes/redness. I've used this for years now, and I keep coming back to it. It conceals well, has good staying power, and the packaging is great for touch-ups during the day. It comes with a pretty good amount, too; tube last a while. For the price, it can't be beat.

on 4/22/2009 5:48:00 PM

I really like it, it covers my pimples well, like seriously. Really well. I gave it a 4 cause the container is teeny, and it doesn't really dry them out. Still, love it :)

Top Rated Almay Products