December 20, 2014 | 1742 users online

Concealers - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by becca_anne38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for 9 years. i have normal, hydrated skin. lately, i've been completely breaking out in terrible red bumps- i think it was due to queen helen's mint julep mask since the moment i stopped it, everything went away! it's awful! to conceal, i don't want to layer up with foundation, concealer, powder- that's so much. I just like using this concealer alone, and then set with with my Clinique almost powder. and it does the job nicely and naturally. i don't mind it being a wand/tube concealer. i like it. i have light skin, with pink tones. i use this in light mostly, switch to light/medium in spring, and use that off-and-on with medium in the summer. the colors have always been really natural on me. It's thick, and buildable. i use it under eyes, over moisturizer. no creasing, no dryness, makes it look like i'm not wearing anything on! it completely covers dark circles. and on the red spots, i just dab it on with the stick, and then use my finger to pat it in. and the spot literally disappears, and my skin looks FLAWLESS thank god! I only use the concealer where i need it, and it blends in great with my skin. i like it a lot. it's buildable too. so you can go really light or build up to more coverage. it's versatile.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by rosietse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unsanitary wand, limited color range, very drying... what else can I say? I do like the consistency when I first put it on my skin, but after a while it starts to flake. I guess it could work for people who need very full coverage with very oily skin, but otherwise I'd say stay away.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by jennaalatalo

I like this concealer a lot and have been repurchasing this for a long time. It covers well, blends well, and looks natural in the light. My only gripes are that it doesn't come in many shades for darker skintones and the applicator promotes germs if you keep rubbing it on blemishes.

Update: Still love this, even four years later. Does not make me break out, stays put, and looks natural. Also very buildable!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by mo141

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So this concealer is really really good for covering breakouts. I like how it's not too liquidy but it's not too dry either. It's a creamy consistency but it does not cake up on any flakiness you might have around a blemish. Another thing I love about this concealer is that it matches my skin tone PERFECTLY!!! I have it in light/medium, and even though it looks kind of grayish in the tube (at least I think it does) it matches perfectly. The only thing about this concealer that I don't like is the tube. It's kind of like a lip gloss tube with the same type of applicator, and when there is nothing more coming out on the wand, I have to throw it out and get a new one even though I can see that there is a bunch left in the tube. But that's the only thing I don't like but it still deserves 5 lippies!
:) mo
EDIT: It's been getting hotter where I live and I realize that this kind of melts off during the day. I took off one lippie

Ok another EDIT: I've noticed a little bit of a synthetic, plasticy smell about this concealer since I've gotten a new one. It doesn't really bother me, but if you can't handle that kind of scent, I wouldn't reccomend this.
:) mo

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ALStephens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to concealer for blemishes/redness. I've used this for years now, and I keep coming back to it. It conceals well, has good staying power, and the packaging is great for touch-ups during the day. It comes with a pretty good amount, too; tube last a while. For the price, it can't be beat.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Lillapink

I really like it, it covers my pimples well, like seriously. Really well. I gave it a 4 cause the container is teeny, and it doesn't really dry them out. Still, love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by d0rkiamyxd

So I JUST bought this now, from seeing all the good comments about it here on MAU. And WOW. It is the BEST concealer I've EVER used. It was WAY better than I had expected it to be. It even covers my HUMONGOUS pores perfectly (when I barely put some on it). The foundations and powders that I have used didn't even cover them..

My face already looks well color-balanced and neat!
But I guess I have to continue and see if I like it later on also. For now though, I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by ellielovexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

holy cow! this product covers ALL of my acne/acne scars. now thats saying something. i lovelovelove this. last a whole school day w/ out fading on me. i use this then a mineral powder and my face looks pretty and smooth! people are asking me where my acne went. haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by audioandraid

This was a satisfying product. It definitely concealed and blended very well. the texture is amazing and it matched my skin tone wonderfully. BUT: The salicylic acid in it doesn't seem to help my acne at all. I was hoping that it would do what it promised : heal and conceal acne. But it just did the concealing. On some pimples, it made it even worse. I still love the coverage and concealing power it gives though so i'll continue using it. Worth a shot. My skin reacts to almost anything haha so maybe it'll work great for you!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by smm9032

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty decent concealer. It's very creamy and blends well. It does not cover as well as some other concealers that I have tried, but it still has decent coverage. I'm not sure if it does anything for my blemishes though. It doesn't make them worse, but I'm not sure if it really treats them either.