Donna Karan Cashmere Mist

3.8

Lily of the Valley, Suede Notes, Bergamot, Ylang, Jasmine Maroc, Sandalwood, Orris, Amber, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Musk.

on 11/8/2005 10:22:00 PM

I love this.
I accidentally found a sample in Elle magazine last month and haven't been able to get this out of my head.

I finally gave in and bought it and I am very happy with it!
I bought the EDP for $65 and it came with the deoderant which is very nice and blows away the Sure I was using and ready to chuck!!

It's great for day and night.
I love powdery scents but can't really tell if this is powdery.
It's like nothing I have smelled before.
I am so sick of all the scents that are out today, to me they all smell alike.
This is unique.
And if anyone asks me what I'm wearing, I will lie and say "Oh, it's some perfume oil my mother got me." Hell no! I will not share!!! :)

on 11/4/2005 9:25:00 AM

I bought the EDP of Cashmere Mist and it is wonderful! Warm and inviting, soothing and sexy. I like the clear bottle as well. The price seems reasonable, $65.

on 10/30/2005 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Very sweet and soft scent, kind of like baby powder but in a pretty way. It isn't too strong but I like wearing it as an evening scent when I go out.

on 10/24/2005 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My scent for over two years. Soft and warm without being overpowering, and unique. One spray lasts all day, too. I just love it.

on 10/21/2005 5:29:00 PM

Is it just me or does this dry down to nothing more than a much more expensive version of VS Heavenly?

on 9/25/2005 1:20:00 PM

Gah, another perfume that doesn't work on me because of my stupid body chemistry. A common thread among the other reviewers of this fragrance is that it has a skin-like scent, and is warm and fuzzy -- sounds beautiful! So I spritzed it on, but instead of that lovely description above, it smelled more like how my boyfriend described it: "like some sort of fabric." "Cashmere?" I said helpfully. "No, like a lot of fabric, like when you walk into the clothes section of a department store. That smell." D'oh. I could kind of live with that, because I love the idea of this perfume (which is supposed to capture that cozy feeling of putting on a cashmere sweater), but the longer I wore the perfume, the more licorice and musk came out of the scent. Ye gods, where did that come from?! I don't think there are even notes of that in the perfume. Stupid body chemistry. My two most disliked scents. Eventually, I couldn't wear it anymore, and tried washing it off, but it's stayed on through 2 rounds of scrubbings. It does have lasting power, I'll give it that.

on 8/26/2005 4:28:00 PM

Nice warm scent that reminds me of baby bath products,very similar to Victoria's Secret Heavenly.

on 8/19/2005 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Oh gosh, I just looove this scent! It is so warm and sophisticated. It is very strong at first, but has a really nice dry-down. Unfortunately, it doesn't last at all. But it smells so nice that I'm still considering the possibility of upgrading from a sample someday to the real thing. I'm just not sure if I want to spend the money for something that has to be applied over and over again. But it is such a gorgeously beautiful fragrance, and is the perfect weight for the upcoming Autumn months.

on 8/7/2005 11:22:00 AM

Got this as a Special Travel Offer with a 1.7 oz bottle of perfume, 2.5 oz body lotion, and 2.7 oz Body cleansing lotion - a real bargain!
My intention was to give it away for Christmas, but after sniffing the bottle occasionally (I'm a sucker for fragrances...) I grew more and more attached to this wonderful, clean and soft scent.
So I kept it, and gave away something else.

This is the perfect at-work fragrance on me. Not strong at all, but warm, musky and with a hint of spices.
It is supposed to be a sheer floral (Moroccan jasmine, lily of the valley), but I cannot smell any flowers in it. But it may be the flowers together with the bergamot that gives this fragrance the light spicy touch.
The sandalwood, amber and musk is there though...

Love the frosted bottle too - gives the impression of a clean scent, which it is.
UPDATE: Have not been reaching out for it much, I guess I don't find it interesting enough. I think I will give it to my mum, as first intended.

on 6/30/2005 12:40:00 PM

Great, warm scent, very sophisticated. It was one of my favorite scents, but after a year, the original scent changed in the bottle (I never put it near sunlight or anything like that). It just changed, almost like it got old quickly (even the color changed). I still had less than half the perfume left when I made the decision to throw it out. I still love the scent, but I wouldn't repurchase just because I can't justify paying the money for a fragrance that is not stable in its own container. The bottle is very pretty, though a little bulky.

Popular Fragrances