August 30, 2014 | 1241 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2005 4:28:00 PM More reviews by tippie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice warm scent that reminds me of baby bath products,very similar to Victoria's Secret Heavenly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2005 11:00:00 PM More reviews by edenssixthday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh gosh, I just looove this scent! It is so warm and sophisticated. It is very strong at first, but has a really nice dry-down. Unfortunately, it doesn't last at all. But it smells so nice that I'm still considering the possibility of upgrading from a sample someday to the real thing. I'm just not sure if I want to spend the money for something that has to be applied over and over again. But it is such a gorgeously beautiful fragrance, and is the perfect weight for the upcoming Autumn months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2005 11:22:00 AM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Got this as a Special Travel Offer with a 1.7 oz bottle of perfume, 2.5 oz body lotion, and 2.7 oz Body cleansing lotion - a real bargain!
My intention was to give it away for Christmas, but after sniffing the bottle occasionally (I'm a sucker for fragrances...) I grew more and more attached to this wonderful, clean and soft scent.
So I kept it, and gave away something else.

This is the perfect at-work fragrance on me. Not strong at all, but warm, musky and with a hint of spices.
It is supposed to be a sheer floral (Moroccan jasmine, lily of the valley), but I cannot smell any flowers in it. But it may be the flowers together with the bergamot that gives this fragrance the light spicy touch.
The sandalwood, amber and musk is there though...

Love the frosted bottle too - gives the impression of a clean scent, which it is.
UPDATE: Have not been reaching out for it much, I guess I don't find it interesting enough. I think I will give it to my mum, as first intended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2005 12:40:00 PM More reviews by newsystyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great, warm scent, very sophisticated. It was one of my favorite scents, but after a year, the original scent changed in the bottle (I never put it near sunlight or anything like that). It just changed, almost like it got old quickly (even the color changed). I still had less than half the perfume left when I made the decision to throw it out. I still love the scent, but I wouldn't repurchase just because I can't justify paying the money for a fragrance that is not stable in its own container. The bottle is very pretty, though a little bulky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2005 4:29:00 PM More reviews by amykelley

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My husband bought this for me on a trip to NY thinking that I had mentioned liking it, when actually I was talking about Chopard's Casmir. He got bonus points for trying, though! Cashmere Mist is definitely what I would categorize as a fall/winter fragrance - it's too heavy for warmer months. A tiny drop on each wrist is enough to last all day. It's a snuggly, comforting scent without much sweetness. As the name implies, the scent is vaguely reminiscent of a soft, elegant wool sweater with a hint of powder. I wasn't a big fan at first, but then I found myself coming back to the bottle again and again. This review is for the pure parfum version.

P.S. I'm looking for the glass lid to the .5 oz pure parfum bottle, so if you have a spare lying around, please let me know!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2005 2:35:00 PM More reviews by nicca3625

i just got my Cashmere Mist Silver Shimmer and i love it! it's certainly smells like the original cashmere mist but gives off silver dust with every spray. this is not glittery! by no means! the shimmer is just that, very flattering and subtle. LUV, LUV, LUV IT. although it doesn't capture the lotion's scent wholly. it's very close. one to buy and stay with!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2005 11:44:00 AM More reviews by hiulla

it's nice and fresh, smells like you just got out of the shower. nice for summer time, but doesn't last too long... but it's nice :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2005 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Chocobaby

I have tried this (on a blotter) when it first came out and I thought it smelled horrible! Too powdery/spicy for my tastes, but the name sure evokes nice, warm fuzzy feelings. So when I saw the watermists out this spring, I had to try them on. When I smelled the Nectar, I couldn't really detect any fragrance at all, so I was quite disappointed. Then SA told me that they are meant to be worn as a conditioning spray, not as a fragrance; at her insistance, she sprayed the Original Cashmere Mist on my wrist! Phew! Powder, powder and more powder!! Eww! Being polite, I told her I didn't like it and was gonna wash it when I get back to work after lunch. But lo and behold, as I walked around some more, maybe 15 minutes later, I smelled my wrist again, and got the most deliciously warm, fuzzy, non-powder, non-floral, cannot pinpoint what it is except maybe it's my own skin smell. I caved and bought the set with the body lotion. Have worn it straight for 5 days now - when I get up, before I go out, after my shower, before I go to bed....mmmm...one of the yummiest fragrances ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2005 7:23:00 PM More reviews by KavaBean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ah...my winter staple. I love this scent. Nice and warm and not overpowering. I get tons of compliments when I wear this. My favorite is to spray this on while wearing Warm Vanilla Sugar body cream from Bath & Body works...heavenly combo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2005 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite for the colder seasons. It is warm, yet not too sweet, and I can wear it for days in a row without getting tired of it, a rare quality in a fragrance.