October 25, 2014 | 1471 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2005 9:09:00 PM More reviews by SwtValina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Very sweet and soft scent, kind of like baby powder but in a pretty way. It isn't too strong but I like wearing it as an evening scent when I go out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2005 7:29:00 PM More reviews by surrealmeal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My scent for over two years. Soft and warm without being overpowering, and unique. One spray lasts all day, too. I just love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2005 5:29:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Is it just me or does this dry down to nothing more than a much more expensive version of VS Heavenly?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2005 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Ling

Gah, another perfume that doesn't work on me because of my stupid body chemistry. A common thread among the other reviewers of this fragrance is that it has a skin-like scent, and is warm and fuzzy -- sounds beautiful! So I spritzed it on, but instead of that lovely description above, it smelled more like how my boyfriend described it: "like some sort of fabric." "Cashmere?" I said helpfully. "No, like a lot of fabric, like when you walk into the clothes section of a department store. That smell." D'oh. I could kind of live with that, because I love the idea of this perfume (which is supposed to capture that cozy feeling of putting on a cashmere sweater), but the longer I wore the perfume, the more licorice and musk came out of the scent. Ye gods, where did that come from?! I don't think there are even notes of that in the perfume. Stupid body chemistry. My two most disliked scents. Eventually, I couldn't wear it anymore, and tried washing it off, but it's stayed on through 2 rounds of scrubbings. It does have lasting power, I'll give it that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2005 4:28:00 PM More reviews by tippie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice warm scent that reminds me of baby bath products,very similar to Victoria's Secret Heavenly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2005 11:00:00 PM More reviews by edenssixthday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh gosh, I just looove this scent! It is so warm and sophisticated. It is very strong at first, but has a really nice dry-down. Unfortunately, it doesn't last at all. But it smells so nice that I'm still considering the possibility of upgrading from a sample someday to the real thing. I'm just not sure if I want to spend the money for something that has to be applied over and over again. But it is such a gorgeously beautiful fragrance, and is the perfect weight for the upcoming Autumn months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2005 11:22:00 AM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Got this as a Special Travel Offer with a 1.7 oz bottle of perfume, 2.5 oz body lotion, and 2.7 oz Body cleansing lotion - a real bargain!
My intention was to give it away for Christmas, but after sniffing the bottle occasionally (I'm a sucker for fragrances...) I grew more and more attached to this wonderful, clean and soft scent.
So I kept it, and gave away something else.

This is the perfect at-work fragrance on me. Not strong at all, but warm, musky and with a hint of spices.
It is supposed to be a sheer floral (Moroccan jasmine, lily of the valley), but I cannot smell any flowers in it. But it may be the flowers together with the bergamot that gives this fragrance the light spicy touch.
The sandalwood, amber and musk is there though...

Love the frosted bottle too - gives the impression of a clean scent, which it is.
UPDATE: Have not been reaching out for it much, I guess I don't find it interesting enough. I think I will give it to my mum, as first intended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2005 12:40:00 PM More reviews by newsystyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great, warm scent, very sophisticated. It was one of my favorite scents, but after a year, the original scent changed in the bottle (I never put it near sunlight or anything like that). It just changed, almost like it got old quickly (even the color changed). I still had less than half the perfume left when I made the decision to throw it out. I still love the scent, but I wouldn't repurchase just because I can't justify paying the money for a fragrance that is not stable in its own container. The bottle is very pretty, though a little bulky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2005 4:29:00 PM More reviews by amykelley

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My husband bought this for me on a trip to NY thinking that I had mentioned liking it, when actually I was talking about Chopard's Casmir. He got bonus points for trying, though! Cashmere Mist is definitely what I would categorize as a fall/winter fragrance - it's too heavy for warmer months. A tiny drop on each wrist is enough to last all day. It's a snuggly, comforting scent without much sweetness. As the name implies, the scent is vaguely reminiscent of a soft, elegant wool sweater with a hint of powder. I wasn't a big fan at first, but then I found myself coming back to the bottle again and again. This review is for the pure parfum version.

P.S. I'm looking for the glass lid to the .5 oz pure parfum bottle, so if you have a spare lying around, please let me know!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2005 2:35:00 PM More reviews by nicca3625

i just got my Cashmere Mist Silver Shimmer and i love it! it's certainly smells like the original cashmere mist but gives off silver dust with every spray. this is not glittery! by no means! the shimmer is just that, very flattering and subtle. LUV, LUV, LUV IT. although it doesn't capture the lotion's scent wholly. it's very close. one to buy and stay with!