December 20, 2014 | 912 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by louisahm26

I wasn't sure how this would work with my acne-prone skin or my heavy mascara but it does. It removes all of my makeup really well and I don't feel the need to use a second cleanser afterwards. Whilst I wouldn't say it's necessarily improved my acne, it certainly hasn't made it any worse. It doesn't ever leave my skin feeling tight either, it's so gentle but effective. I personally think it has a lovely scent, it reminds me of spas! The only reason I'm not giving it a 5 is because a) it is pretty pricey and b) it can sting my eyes if I get it in them by mistake when I'm removing my eye makeup but it's nothing awful. I would repurchase this as it's perfect for lazy girls like me who want to remove their makeup, cleanse and tone all in one step!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by ChristinV11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical to try a cleanser with oils listed in the ingredients, but after hearing how sensitive the product was I figured why not try? Within a week or so, I noticed my skin was moisturized, my skin around my eyes were noticeably less dry and over all I had a good experience. I have now had this product a couple months and when I go to re-purchase I'll deffinitely buy the huge bottle! Only thing I dislike is the bottle, there's no pump. But whatever. It's a great cleanser that's easy on the skin, I'm going to combine it with my clarisonic routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by yalcrab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For some reason, this cleanser was very drying on my combination skin--my face feels really tight immediately after using it. That's the only thing keeping me from buying it again; otherwise, I actually like the smell (it's kind of sweet and mildly lemony scented, at least this is what my brain is telling me) and the lather is really nice and frothy. You don't need much, so a little bit goes a long way. While it may not suit my skin, I wouldn't dissuade others from trying it...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by xClairex547

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like that this cleanser doesn't dry my skin out like some others I've tried. This leaves my skin feeling soft after i have used it. I will repurchase if i don't find something else (i like to try out a lot of different skincare products)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by annadotwhite

I love this cleanser. Since my first purchase many years ago I have tried other cleansers from premium brands but nothing else gives a thorough clean and lovely soft finish to my skin. Recommend to all skin types.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by javachip00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this a few years back after hearing amazing reviews. I also had a friend who swore by this. I ended up buying a big bottle at Sephora, thinking Go big or go home. Boy was I wrong!
My face instantly broke out after using this. Huge cysts, mostly on my chin.
I stuck by it for a few more days, and I was convinced it was Purity. No other part of my routine had changed.
So in the end, it went back to Sephora. I didn't even think it removed makeup well or leave my face clean. It just seemed overpriced, overhyped, and disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Seob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because one of my friends suggested I should buy this and use it right away after she saw my face. I used to have clear skin and I was proud of it. I still don't know the reason, but 2 years ago I start to break out crazily around my cheeks and it was those hard and painful acne that leave scars. Let me tell you that it is not a miracle product that you use it once or twice and see the result of clearing face. I was quite disappointed at first because I did not see any change, I was still breaking out, however after two or three months, I noticed that I do not feel the bumps whenever I wash my face. For me (I guess combination skin but now my face is getting drier), I would give 5 out of 5 because it helped me a lot, but for my mom who has very sensitive and dry skin, it sting her on her first trial, so I guess it depends on different types of skin of different people. If you want to give it a try, I would recommend using a facial brush because it is quite difficult to cream a foam with your hands - I use Olay's Pro-X brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by horangi113

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I must be allergic to some ingredient in this product. It is fine for every once in a while, I like the smell, which is slightly herbal and I want to love it, really I do, but if I use it for more than three days in a row, my skin starts to flake and burn. I get scaly dry patches that HURT and turn red. As soon as I stop using it, my skin starts healing. This happened to me years ago when I first bought the product, but I was hoping it was a fluke. Nope. Back then I had to use primrose oil to soothe the burning patches and it was the same old song and dance this time around as well. I don't even have particularly sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by nsn1612

I purchased this cleanser about three weeks ago and I have been using it every day. I wear dark eye makeup and it would normally take 2-3 washes to get it all off. With this cleanser, it only takes one wash. Be careful as a lot of product comes out of the bottle but you only need a small amount to get a good clean. Overall, I love what this cleanser does to my face. I find that I actually look forward to washing my face. I would highly recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Marta2696

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I heard great things about this cleanser, so I decided to try it. I was just looking for a simple daily cleanser. If I had known what was in store for me....I would NOT have purchased this product. It made my skin itchy and it would make it turn red! It really irritated it. My skin really isn't too sensitive anyways...it was pretty strange! Anyways, I'm taking Purity back to the store, and I am in hope of finding a better cleanser.