October 24, 2014 | 1943 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by beautycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser. This is the only cleanser my sensitive skin can tolerate. It cleanses off makeup, EVEN eye makeup but if you don't use a Clarisonic, when you dry your face on a towel, you might see some remaining traces of foundation. But with my Clarisonic it gets every bit of makeup off. Skin feels nice and clean!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by 42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never reviewed a product before but following my experience with this cleanser I feel compelled to do so. I purchased the 90 ml bottle over Christmas but only used the cleanser on occasion as I adore my Emma Hardie amazing face balm! Being lazy this past week I ignored my muslin clothes and decided to get by on the purity cleanser. I must stress that I do have sensitive skin but have never reacted to a product in this way. After only using the product for approx 3 days I have developed a noticeable amount of small spots all over my face, in particular around my mouth and nose area. I have stopped using the cleanser and do not intend to use it again. I also found that it made my skin feel stripped of moisture. I would urge anyone who is thinking about buying this product to get a sample if possible. I'm just thankful that I didn't buy the huge bottle!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This cleanser is quite nice! It is what it says on the bottle, simple.

I bought myself a Clarisonic in December and decided it would be best to grab a really basic cleanser to go along with it, nothing that would strip my skin or make my sensitive skin more irritated.

Twenty bucks for an 8oz. bottle isn't exactly cheap but I figured I would be paying for quality!

First off, I really like the way this smells! It's very natural smelling, like herbs and such. I don't like when my cleansers smell super-chemically and gross so I enjoy the scent of this product quite a bit!

With my Clarisonic it foams up really well and rinses clean, without any gross residue left behind. It doesn't make my skin feel tight or stripped of all moisture, just clean.

This is a really basic cleanser that I think most anyone could use. It is pricey for something that is going to be washed down the drain but you are paying for quality! (and the brand name being printed on the bottle ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by annieissoawesome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to really like this cleanser, because it got rid of the ten-humongous-pimples-or-more-on-my-face stage during middle school, but it didn't fix everything. It cleaned my face without stripping of anything, and I used it in conjunction with the Cetaphil cream. It worked for me back when I had big problems on my face, now it's just a soso cleanser. Considering the price of this product, I don't plan on repurchasing, simply because it just doesn't work anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by kmd521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only facial cleanser that I have tried that gets everything off. I always wear a fuller coverage foundation. Gets all my eye makeup off too. I love the smell. The packaging is ok, but when it comes to getting that last bit out a squeeze tube would be nicer. I can't really complain too much about the price because a little goes a long way. I use this every night with a clarisonic and an 8oz bottle has lasted almost a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by LisaNicole1127

I've been using Purity Made Simple for about a year now and I don't think I'll ever use another cleanser. It extremely gentle and takes my makeup off like a champ. I do sometimes have make up left under my eyes because I keep them clothes when cleansing and can't really get close to the lash line. But I've had minimal breakouts with this product, even as gentle as it is. The texture is really creamy and smooth. A little bit of a lemony scent, kind of like lemon yogurt, which i like. It doesn't lather very much, but that's not a problem for me. What's great about this cleanser is that I don't have to remove any of my makeup before hand, so it saves me an extra step. I love this product and, true, it's a little on the pricier side, but it's so worth it, and if you get the larger bottle which is about $32.00, it last quite a long time. Love this product and have no plans to change!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is extremely expensive for a cleanser, I usually just buy drugstore stuff like Cetaphil. I've used Cetaphil for years and years now, especially since I was acne prone during my school years (my face is clear now). I switched to Purity only a month ago after I tried out some samples. I LOVE IT! Cetaphil cleanser has treated me nicely so far, but Purity eliminated my oiliness for the ENTIRE day! I still have some forehead shine left but I am much less oily than before, AND I AM SO HAPPY. I use this only in the mornings hoping the bottle will last longer!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by 8alexis

Love this cleanser. It gets off your makeup and cleans your skin without leaving your face feeling dried out. Its super gentle and effective at the same time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I bought this product as an all in one makeup remover and cleanser. First it did not take off all my makeup. I only had on eyeliner and mineral makeup. The eyeliner is smudeproof and waterproof and did not come off with Purity. This cleanser also dried out my skin, and I have oily combo skin. The smell and texture was nice. It reminds me of a liquidy version of Pond's cold cream which I like but is too strong for my combo oily skin.

Really wanted to love this but I like it OK enough to use til its gone. Would not repurchase having this experience.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been using this in combination with my Clarisonic for over a year. I stopped using purity made simple at the end of 2012 and switched to dermalogicas dermal clay as my daily facial wash. Personally I love dermal clay WAY more than purity. Also dermal clay in conjunction with the clarisonic is utterly amazing. I'd say skip this and check out dermal clay if your on the oily side. Now back on topicÖI went through one (8oz) bottle of purity in less than a year. So I ended up my second time around getting the 16oz so it would last me a full year. I would use this 1-2x a day depending on what other facial treatments I had that day. A major pro is you donít need to tone after. When I tried to tone after itís a waste of the toner because nothing comes offÖ So it definitely does what it says. Also takes off makeup really well. Made simple is correct. They get my approval on that! :-) ....
I really loved this stuff! (Hint: I said LOVED not LOVE) :( This helped make my skin really clear at a point in my life then my skin got really oily at a point from hormones or lord knows what. I needed something less hydrating so I had to steer away from this and the result of not using this:
1) my skins back to normal
2) less breakouts
3) Less oily
Since I did switch Iíve got a massive bottle of it just chilling out. Lol. I must state when I didnít have an oil mess on my face this worked just fine on me. Didnít cause breakouts, in fact this helped clear up my skin. Not completely but it helped some. During that time frame I considered my skin type combo. Iím just typing this to help people figure out if this is for ther skin type. I know its a lot of money so you wont the best for your buck. Anyways other things Iíd like to take note upon would be that It smells divine, It feels AMAZING, and definitely feels like luxury. Being a hydrating cleanser I think its great for the drier months because it feels like a dream when you need that extra hydrations but when your more on the oily side I think this is a major skip. Depending on your skin type this could be a huge NO-NO or a gigantic YESSSSSSSSS! Do the research and see if this is going to benefit or possibly harm your skin. Last thing I got to say is - this has parabens in itÖÖÖ