Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 7/28/2013 4:07:00 PM

Really enjoy this product. I have repurchased this in the largest side that Sephora has 4 times already over the past two years and in between have tried other cleansers as well. It removes a lot of my makeup but beware, it can sting the eye a little if you use it to remove your makeup. When I use this for cleaning my bare face, I just use it once but when I use it to remove my makeup, I use it twice as it removes most everything by the second wash. I have noticed that if I use my clarisonic mia 2 after the second wash, I can still see really (and I mean really, like you have to focus and check) small traces of foundation left but this cleanser is definitely not too shabby. I think that purity may have changed the formulation of this cleanser because the one I just bought a month ago is more watery while the ones before where less watery and foamier when used. I like the older version better.

This product does clean well but I believe it is overpriced. I can't justify buying it again as I see no special benefits. I may be the only person, but I really dislike the smell. It smells of alcohol to me.

on 7/22/2013 5:46:00 PM

In just a short 4 days the dryness I've had on my chin and cheeks has completely disappeared! I am so in love with the smell. It's very fresh and light. I have always used gel like cleansers and after trying this I don't think ill ever go back.

on 7/19/2013 12:35:00 PM

I am not into a multitasked thing when it comes to cleansing my face. I always love to do it separately, because I want to make sure my skin is super clean. And this product is no an exception.
I received the sample of this product not long ago. I tried this product couple of times until I stop because my skin reaction into it.
This product irritates my skin a bit, it leaves me with a red forehead and cheeks after couple times of use. I was surprised because I thought this product will be gentle enough for my sensitive skin.
Well, maybe this product did not work well on my skin.

on 7/18/2013 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought the small 3 oz bottle just to try it, and it turns out that I really love this!

I use this only at night to remove my face makeup. It does an excellent job at removing everything. It makes my face feel clean, not stripped. You only need about a dime sized amount to remove all of your makeup. I use a separate remover for my eye makeup, but this does a really great job at removing any access mascara or eye liner that is still on my eyes. It even does a great job at removing waterproof mascara! This doesn't burn my eyes a lot of other cleansers do.

Even when I don't wear makeup, I use this as my cleanser. I feel like it does a great job at removing oil and dirt from my face without feeling like I just dried out my skin. Usually cleansers that claim that they can gently cleanse the face don't effectively remove makeup. This one does.

This cleanser is definitely worth the money.

I have extremely sensitive combination skin so I'm always on the prowl for a cleanser that won't irritate my face and make me break out into acne / milia. I bought this after hearing a few good reviews, and I wasn't at all disappointed. I never once had a serious problem with unsightly bumps while using it. The smell is a little bit funky, but it removed my makeup and cleansed my skin exactly as advertised. When I ran out I didn't repurchase it because I wanted to find something a bit cheaper, but after trying several different drugstore brands, I haven't found anything that measures up to this cleanser (for me personally). On my lunch break I'm heading out and buying it again, even though it's not kind to my wallet.

on 7/11/2013 2:17:00 PM

Like many have said, I'm on the fence as well. I got the $10 trial at ulta. I loved the miracle in a jar cream sample, but skipped the large one when it ran out. I haven't even finished the trial size as I started using the purity made simple face wash and LOVE it. I also replaced the miracle in a jar with the take a deep breath. Another thing I loved and bought was the micro scrub. I thought this cleanser, the purity cream smelt terrible. It burnt my eyes, too. I would not purchase this, I don't think. I have absolutely awful skin.

on 7/6/2013 6:05:00 AM

This is deceiving.It feels nice and creamy and does the job as a cleanser.But it's the ingredients that worry me.Far too many fragrant oils which are volatile and cause irritation, especially if used around the eyes. Black pepper extract? Come on! I don't care how well any product performs,if it contains irritants(and you can't always see or feel the damage) I won't use it.This was my first philosophy purchase and I am not impressed.I will use this up as a body wash as I do not want these ingredients on my face.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I purchased this product after watching Jaclyn Hill on Youtube. I have dry skin like her so I decided to give it a try. After trying out the samples I received from Sephora, I fell in love with this product that I went back and bought the 16 fl. oz bottle. I love this product because it feels gentle on my skin and I do feel my makeup dissolving when I use this product. A little goes a long way so one little drop on my hand is all I need to wash my entire face. It has a slight citrus scent but it does not bother me. The texture is very creamy and semi-thick and I take my time to rub the product onto my face and tend to leave it on for good three minutes before completely washing it off. My skin feels clean although it does not do much for moisturizing my skin afterwards. I use my toner and moisturizer almost right after I finish cleansing my face. The packaging can be a little bulky but Philosophy has a $10 travel-friendly sized ones. I bought my 16 fl. oz bottle on March 27, 2013, but I have not even used half of the product yet. I would definitely repurchase.

on 6/27/2013 5:57:00 PM

This is my favorite cleanser ever! I heard about it from Jaclyn Hill on YouTube and after trying it I get what she was raving about. It's gentle enough to even remove eye makeup! My skin never feels dry after washing my face with it. It has different types of oil in it but the good kind NOT mineral oil that causes breakouts. I never ever broke out from this and I do have skin that's more on the oily side. Jaclyn Hill does recommend some really good products, not all but def this one is good.