MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 7/2/2013 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Am I the only one that doesn't think this is a blue based red? To me it is has orange undertones. Gorgeous on lots of girls but not very flattering on me because it looks orangey red!

on 6/30/2013 10:23:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite lipstick. It's great for the holidays with MAC Cherry Lip Liner and it's also great for summer with MAC Redd Lip Liner. Obsessed. It's TRULY MATTE, which I LOVE!!!

on 6/28/2013 6:40:00 PM

Finally a super matte lipstick that doesnt dry out my lips!
Ok it is a bit drying, but not as much as i would expect from such a matte one.
And even if it would dry me out completly I would suck it up because this colour is just totally worth it!!
sexysexysexy and stays on a while, just watch out for icecream. xx

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have finally found my perfect red! This is my 5th MAC lipstick. I have been wanting this color for ages now. This def beats all of my drugstore reds...it is SO vibrant and bright! This is honestly the perfect pin up red. I wore this on my birthday yesterday n I got soo many compliments!

on 6/26/2013 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I think Mac is over rated. Coastal Scents is just as great and you get more product. Ruby Woo is a great color but it's dry and chalky even with a gloss or Chapstick

on 6/23/2013 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ruby woo !!! The best red lipstick ever !!! It's the best. It stay all day but it is super drying. You just need to put a lip balm underneath it. It's worth trying it!

on 6/18/2013 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

the beauty this adds to my skin I can pay this much and more for this lipstick.. its super matte which could irritate some ppl... but adding lip balm doesn work with this for me.. BUT THIS IS AWESOME !!!I will buy it forever!! the vanilla smell. awesome color!! just perfect red for everyone!!

on 6/17/2013 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

When I think of the perfect red lipstick, I think of Ruby Woo. It's not your everyday lipstick, rather something to save for when you really want to amp up your lips. It's true that it is super drying, but the color payoff is worth using a little lip balm before wearing it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this lipstick ! its is so matte and lasts forever without replying. It is almost the same shade as riri woo when i bought it they told me and it looks just like riannias red ! it is worth the price for the perfect pin-up red look ! even add some clear lip shine over top to give it less dry look, and make sure lips are well moisturized before application !totally recommend it !!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Ruby Woo is a true bright red shade with a strong blue base, making my teeth look whiter and flattering every skin tone. It has a vanilla scent like all MAC lipsticks do and fantastic pigmentation. Its finish is what MAC calls a Retro Matte finish. From what I can tell this is a very matte finish.
The formula is kinda waxy and dry, which is kind of to be expected from such a matte lipstick, but because it's dry, it will cling to dry areas. It's not drying, but it's not moisturizing either, so if you have dry lips, you may want to wear a lip balm underneath. (This was why I rated this a 4 instead of a 5.) But by wearing lip balm underneath, you're reducing its wear time. Worn alone, the wear time is insane! I applied it yesterday at 11 AM and went home at 1 AM this morning to find that it still looked perfect! My lips were drier than usual and it did fade a little, but I was still in awe that it had lasted through 14 fcking hours--with eating, drinking, and partying involved! WTF, right?!
Not to mention that it only costs $15!
It's hard not to wear this everyday, but I don't want the matte red lips look to get old, so I gotta switch it up everyday and give my other bright lippies some love too haha!
Would I repurchase? Yes!