April 19, 2014 | 1032 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It should be pointed out this is a makeup remover, not a facial soap and is intended to followed with a regular facial soap. This product's only purpose is to remove makeup and if you wash with this and do nothing else, it will leave a drying feeling. Also, this is only intended for folks with normal skins as it can exacerbate dryness. I fall a bit on the oily side, but I do use this as it quickly removes foundation and blush with minimal effort.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by _Vivica

I like it, left my face feeling very clean. I get a lot of build up on my skin with make up, flakes etc... and this is the best for getting rid of it all. It is on the drying side, so it's not a daily cleanser for me.

But warning do not use this anywhere near your eyes. I got some on my eye once and oh my god I have never been in so much pain. I was almost screaming it hurt so bad and it took a good 5 minutes of flushing my eye with cold water to get the pain to stop. Then another hour or more before my vision stopped being blurry.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by PureBliss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I too got this as a gift with purchase whilst repurchasing my regular 3 step system (Liquid facial soap in mild for winter as I use the oily version in summer, #4 clarifying lotion and DDMG) I also love to use Clinique's exfoliating scrub. Anyways, I understand what the other readers mention about a different feeling... but I don't find it to feel like a residue or tight or tacky. My skin just feels clean. For the first time in a long time. I love the 3 step, but my oily skin has never felt cleaner. (I used to use Neutrogena foaming cleanser before the 3 step as a makeup remover). It removes makeup amazingly well, my only gripe is the stinging if you get it in your eyes, but I just close mine until I wipe it all off anyways now. Lately I've been mixing half a pea sized amount of this and my scrub to get rid of winter flakies and I just love the feeling it leaves. I really like this product, and Clinique in general.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by jthiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. I always feel clean after I use this to wash my face. I tend to use another cleanser after I wash my face with this, since it is just a makeup remover. A little bit definitely goes a long way, which is good since it's ridiculously over priced.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 5:11:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

I really wanted to like this cleanser. I used to use it during High school when i only ever wore makeup going out on the weekend and it was GREAT to wash off my makeup. But I found if I use this any more than once a week my skin gets so so dry!!It goes a long way as it foams up very well into a thick feeling foam. It gets rid of makeup really well. it leaves skin feeling a little tight and dry as it has some strong ingredients in it which dries out the skin. So for this fact i don't recommend it for sensitive/ dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by willows72

I love this. It is rich, very foamy and makes me feel like I am getting my skin very clean. It is the best foaming cleanser I have tried but it is quite expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by utopiancity

Quite a few reviewers have complained about this tacky residue this cleanser leaves, but I've never gotten that. The only thing is, it's does dry your skin up a bit, so make sure you moisturize tons after. I got it for free, so I can't complain, but I doubt I'll be spending money on this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I don't get this product at all. It leaves me skin feeling stripped of all moisture whilst at the same time leaving a sticky, tacky feeling behind. My daughter tried it and found the same result. Besdies this, it burned when I got some in my eyes. I am glad it was a freebie.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 9:12:00 AM More reviews by moshi2

I've been using this product for a while & been repurchased several times. I love it! Removes all my make-up easily. I usually only use this at night when I have make-up on. I love that my face feels clean afterward, unlike other cleanser that still leaves behind greasy feeling on me. A tiny bit is all you need. I also like the tube packaging, it's convenient for travelling. Price is somewhat expensive if you compare it to drugstore brands, but there are a lot of more expensive cleansers out there that don't work as well as this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't really know why everyone hates this product. I got it today and it seems to be working well. Maybe they re-formulated it? No idea. It has a creamy consistency. When rubbed together forms a little leather. They I rub my face with it, and wash it off. My face was not very dry after I removed it and believe me, I have pretty dry skin which flakes on some areas year round. When I move my mouth I did not feel very tight. It does a decent job on removing makeup. Overall I think it's good. But you do have to wash your face afterwards.