July 29, 2014 | 894 users online

Blush - NARS - Lovejoy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2005 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Cygentte3

Another awesome blush from NARS! It looks sort of boring in the pan - just a shimmery bronze, but when you apply it, it's just gorgeous!

On my skin (warm-neutral LLL, NC20, brown hair and eyes) it goes on a beautiful warm rose flush. On my skin at least, the bronze isn't the dominant color. It goes on me as a bronzey rose-berry, rather than a rosy bronze. I can use it either with bronzer (Laguna) or alone.

I do think it's a summer blush though, I doubt I'll be using it very much in the fall or winter. Either way, it looks absoultely beautiful on, and I'll definitely be keeping it. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2005 8:04:00 AM More reviews by escebola

I have this in my Warm Palette and also purchased (really don't know why) te full size. It is a majorly brown blush with a hint of rose or, rather, plum and, IMHO, LOTS of shimmery sparkles.

OK, I'm keeping my Palette (of course!) but I'm swapping the full size: looks muddy on me and OH SO glittery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2005 9:04:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Lovejoy is a burnished bronzy rose with shimmer. Beautiful color in the pan, like bronzer and blush blended together. It's sort of like a bronzer mixed with NARS Sin...? warm deep rose undertones in a medium bronze matrix, with golden shimmer. To make this work for me, I use a fan brush - this limits the amount of product that gets transferred to my face. It's still buildable yet easier to control. Using this technique, the color goes on as more of a warm bronze than red. I'm glad now I didn't swap my old fan brush away - it finally gets put to use. I can use Lovejoy either as a bronzer or as a blush, depending on how tan I am (I'm an AAB/NC25).

UPDATE: 4 lippies to 5! I thought, like other reviewers, that this was very very pigmented at first - but now that I've broken through the original surface, I don't have trouble with getting too much powder on my brush anymore...! Now I can use my blush brush without any difficulty. Great complement to NARS Laguna bronzer or CARGO Medium bronzer. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 8:45:00 PM More reviews by asa805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This blush is so pretty. Its a lovely mauvey/rose brown on me. Hard to describe. Gives my cheeks a warm sexy glow. Very pigmented and so versatile. Can really go well with almost any makeup look from peaches to browns to pinks etc. Looks very dark brown in the pan but doesnt apply liek that at all on me. This is easy to overdo though so be careful! Im a cool/neutral LLL and i have to be careful how much i apply (just a dot dot for each cheek... no swiping!) and then i usually have to cover it up a bit with some pressed powder to tone it town and even it out. I seriously have been using this one like every day since i got it which is REALLy impressive considering i have 20 blushes and 4 of them are brand new (along with this one).

EDIT: used with MAC 187 brush, this blush is way more forgiving. I dont have to worry abotu applying too much. Looks awesome as a contour color (which is usually how i wear it) with a brighter color as a pop of color on apples. Loving this blush even more now!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2005 1:21:00 AM More reviews by kawaii_bunnii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As always, Nars blushes are pretty pigmented. One swipe was enough! I don't think I'll ever finish this! I am pretty fair so I dust a light sheer bronzer on my face and swipe a little Lovejoy on my cheeks for nights where I don't wear much makeup, just gloss and mascara. It helps give me cheekbones bc I think I have a chubby, manly face. Hehe. Now that I'm tan, it looks much better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2005 11:58:00 PM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Doesn't look like much in the package, sort of a tannish/brownish/mocha-ish blah color with a slight gold shimmer, but on...WOW!!! Gives my MMM skin THE perfect hint of a pinky-peachy glow, and the gold shimmer is very subtle. Considering what I've already said about how this stuff looks in the package, I have no idea how it works, but for me, it does. It's the perfect summer shade for me, and I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2005 1:55:00 PM More reviews by mvgame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's my new fave... it looks SOOOOOO fabulous... when I'm not yet tanned, it works as a bronzer, and when already tanned, it deepens the color... it's also my "on-the-go" blush, as it's the one I carry around in my handbag, as with a light hand works as everyday-saver, and it's great at night too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2005 1:35:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I can give this a higher rating because Lovejoy is a nice color with proper blending. I had set aside Lovejoy for the summer because it made my skin look dirty back in my Chanel Teinte Fluid Universel Shell (intensity 1.5) days. Getting more color these days and now my skintone is Beige (intensity 2.0) and was so hopeful to make Lovejoy work. I was wrong, still takes some effort to blend but just not as much as before. I rarely wear it as it is and when I do it's just too much work for me. I've moved on to MAC's Rose D'Or bronzing stick which gives me the rosy bronze color and is much easier to use.

EDIT 8/2005: I realized that the blush brush makes a huge difference. I usually use my fluffy blush brush but recently picked up a denser brush (Stila #1) which picks a lot more pigment. I was scared initially but Lovejoy did not look muddy at all once it was applied. Never would have thought that I needed MORE.

EDIT 10/2005: Nah, this still looks orangey and muddy on me. I gave it a good try but I had to swap it away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2005 4:57:00 AM More reviews by marymary

im asian NC30, maybe a bit fairer. i find this a lot harder work than, say, deep throat. the reviews make this sound as though it would suit everyone. it doesnt suit me without some effort (have to be very mindful of how much i apply and the blending)so think twice before leaping on the bandwagon.
as a rider, brownish blushes dont suit me. im better in peaches and pinks.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2005 8:05:00 PM More reviews by xtcin88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lovejoy was a little too dark for my taste. (I like very natural blush). I also found that the rose undertones were too strong for my naturally garish pink cheeks. It applies more red than you would expect from the pan, however it does apply very smoothly and evenly, as do all Nars blushes. I gave it to a friend, and have purchased Silvana from Nars.com instead. I'm hoping it will be more of the golden/bronze tone that I'm looking for.