NARS Lovejoy

4.4

on 10/25/2005 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am fair/ppp with pink undertones...this blush was not impressive...ruddy orange/red look on my skin. I think this would look best on warmed toned skins.
Overall, I love NARS blushes in general, just not this color.
Edit..10/12/06..Use with a light hand...pretty:)

on 10/1/2005 5:27:00 PM

Lovejoy is just lovely! The others have described it well-a bronzey color with rose undertones. It really brightens my face naturally! Another winner from NARS!

For reference I am a MAC NC30-35 with brown hair and blue eyes.

on 9/20/2005 8:06:00 AM

Lovejoy looks like a nice bronzey color on my medium skin with golden-yellow undertones. On my skin, I don't see the rosey color that others see. It has a nice texture and OK staying power, but I am not in love with this color so I won't repurchase.

on 9/19/2005 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty bronze shade with rosey undertones. It can be considered a neutral shade when applied, but has some rosiness to it - it doesn't go on brown (at least on my skin - I'm NC20.) This would be gorgeous on darker skin tones too. I like to wear it with bronze or coppery colors on eyes and lips, but it would look great with red lips too, provided you use a light hand if you're fair.

on 9/13/2005 11:49:00 PM

Another awesome blush from NARS! It looks sort of boring in the pan - just a shimmery bronze, but when you apply it, it's just gorgeous!

On my skin (warm-neutral LLL, NC20, brown hair and eyes) it goes on a beautiful warm rose flush. On my skin at least, the bronze isn't the dominant color. It goes on me as a bronzey rose-berry, rather than a rosy bronze. I can use it either with bronzer (Laguna) or alone.

I do think it's a summer blush though, I doubt I'll be using it very much in the fall or winter. Either way, it looks absoultely beautiful on, and I'll definitely be keeping it. continued >>

on 9/12/2005 8:04:00 AM

I have this in my Warm Palette and also purchased (really don't know why) te full size. It is a majorly brown blush with a hint of rose or, rather, plum and, IMHO, LOTS of shimmery sparkles.

OK, I'm keeping my Palette (of course!) but I'm swapping the full size: looks muddy on me and OH SO glittery.

on 8/4/2005 9:04:00 PM

Lovejoy is a burnished bronzy rose with shimmer. Beautiful color in the pan, like bronzer and blush blended together. It's sort of like a bronzer mixed with NARS Sin...? warm deep rose undertones in a medium bronze matrix, with golden shimmer. To make this work for me, I use a fan brush - this limits the amount of product that gets transferred to my face. It's still buildable yet easier to control. Using this technique, the color goes on as more of a warm bronze than red. I'm glad now I didn't swap my old fan brush away - it finally gets put to use. I can use Lovejoy either as a bronzer or as a blush, depending on how tan I am (I'm an AAB/NC25).

UPDATE: 4 lippies to 5! I thought, like other reviewers, that this was very very pigmented at first - but now that I've broken through the original surface, I don't have trouble with getting too much powder on my brush anymore...! Now I can use my blush brush without any difficulty. Great complement to NARS Laguna bronzer or CARGO Medium bronzer. continued >>

on 7/7/2005 8:45:00 PM

This blush is so pretty. Its a lovely mauvey/rose brown on me. Hard to describe. Gives my cheeks a warm sexy glow. Very pigmented and so versatile. Can really go well with almost any makeup look from peaches to browns to pinks etc. Looks very dark brown in the pan but doesnt apply liek that at all on me. This is easy to overdo though so be careful! Im a cool/neutral LLL and i have to be careful how much i apply (just a dot dot for each cheek... no swiping!) and then i usually have to cover it up a bit with some pressed powder to tone it town and even it out. I seriously have been using this one like every day since i got it which is REALLy impressive considering i have 20 blushes and 4 of them are brand new (along with this one).

EDIT: used with MAC 187 brush, this blush is way more forgiving. I dont have to worry abotu applying too much. Looks awesome as a contour color (which is usually how i wear it) with a brighter color as a pop of color on apples. Loving this blush even more now!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

As always, Nars blushes are pretty pigmented. One swipe was enough! I don't think I'll ever finish this! I am pretty fair so I dust a light sheer bronzer on my face and swipe a little Lovejoy on my cheeks for nights where I don't wear much makeup, just gloss and mascara. It helps give me cheekbones bc I think I have a chubby, manly face. Hehe. Now that I'm tan, it looks much better!

on 6/30/2005 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Doesn't look like much in the package, sort of a tannish/brownish/mocha-ish blah color with a slight gold shimmer, but on...WOW!!! Gives my MMM skin THE perfect hint of a pinky-peachy glow, and the gold shimmer is very subtle. Considering what I've already said about how this stuff looks in the package, I have no idea how it works, but for me, it does. It's the perfect summer shade for me, and I will buy it again.

Top Rated NARS Products