New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

on 9/17/2012 1:03:00 PM

I had to get my hands on this because everyone raves about this matte bronzer on youtube. So I finally did during one of Rite-Aid's 40% of NYC sales. I don't think it is discontinued because I see them everywhere: Wal-Mart, Rite-Aid Target etc...

So here is my take on the product. I am asian and I have normally tanned skin living in Southern California. My MAC shade is NC30-NC40 depending on how tanned I am. NYC sunny comes off a little reddish/orangey on my skin. With that said, I think this product is still usable and it seems to work fine for those with lighter skin tones.

on 9/17/2012 12:34:00 PM

Couldn't find this anywhere in the UK so i ordered online and this was generally was more difficult to get hold of. But it's matte and light which allows you to build it up for a defined look and is definitely a freat bronzer. I feel that it blends quite easily however it doesn't have a long staying power, normally i would need to reapply after three hours but for the price it's really good value. The packaging isn't the best and i feel like the mirror could break off from the bronzer easily but the mirror is quite handy and overall, i really like this bronzer and would certainly buy it again!

on 9/15/2012 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Pros:
+Dirt cheap -around $3
+Comes with 9g
+Doesn't make me look orange
+Not splotchy
+Blendable
+Lasts ALL day
+Lasts a long time (Product wise) -I use this everyday and I've had this for about a year and i've just hit pan
+Matte
+Great for contouring
+Buildable
+Light weight
+Comes with a mirror
+Great for throughout the year(:

Cons:
-Packaging looks cheap

Overall I love this product it's my HG bronzer. I already bought a back up and I will happily repurchase when i run out(:

on 9/14/2012 10:58:00 PM

after hearing everyone rave about this "perfect bronzer for paler skin tones" on youtube, i rushed out to find it. and it was a hunt. i finally found it, after looking at 8 drugstores and 3 walmarts,in the clearance bin at target for a dollar. ive had it for about 3 months. and when they say good for pale skin they mean it, i cant wear it in spring or summer. im too dark. and it seems to have an orange undertone. or it oxidizes quickly.

its certainly not my favorite bronzer but for a fair(and i mean WHITE) skinned woman this would be fine. especially for a dollar.

on 9/14/2012 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using this bronzer for a little over a week. I picked it up because I've had a string of crappy bronzer purchases (Flirt!, Maybelline FitMe, & a Physician's Formula) and since everybody on YT seems to love this, I thought I'd give it a try since it is only a few bucks.
Generally, I do really like this. I feel like here at the end of my summer tan, it could stand to be a tad darker but in a few weeks it should be perfect. I like that it is matte, but it doesn't look muddy on my face. It is not too orange, and doesn't oxidize throughout the day. It is versatile enough that I can both use it for contouring and also on my cheekbones. It looks really nice as a contour with CG's Tru Plum cheekers blush on my cheekbones.
The only cruddy thing about it is the packaging. It is a really cheap plastic compact and I'm just waiting for the plastic hinge to snap off. Sometimes too the top doesn't line up with the bottom and makes it a pain to get closed. The cheap sponge that comes with it isn't up to the task of applying the actual bronzer, but I've used it to apply my moisturizer and it works well for that. But since the whole thing is less than 3 bucks I can deal with crummy packaging. : )

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I thought that this bronzer would be perfect for me. It's matte, not too dark and extremely cheap. I used it for a few months and just recently saw it in natural daylight and gosh does it look orange on me. It looks absolutely horrible. I threw it out. (I'm an NC 20 for reference) I'm very disappointed with this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

ABSOLUTLY LOVE!! Would repruchase. This is my favorite drugstore bronzer. Only 4-7 $.

on 9/1/2012 10:47:00 PM

This is wonderful-
Light true bronze color- no orange or shimmer
I use this as a quick daytime contour- pop in under my cheekbones and top with a hint of ELF blush in piank passion-
Perfect 5 min face that truly glows but still super natural-
I'm a NW25/30 if that helps

on 8/30/2012 4:12:00 PM

I'm NW20 or Buff in Revlon CS and this makes me look muddy and orange. I gave it to my sister who is NC15 and I think she uses it, i'm not sure. I'm glad to know I'm not the only NW20/Buff girl here who this doesn't work for. I wish it did because it's amazing pigmentation and $3 is fantastic for how much you get and how great it is. I wish they would come out with a different color that works for girls who Sunny didn't work for. Oh well, for $3 give it a try! :)

on 8/30/2012 3:30:00 PM

I love this bronzer. It is matte, so none of those glitters that some other bronzers have! The color goes on great. The packaging though looks bit cheap.

Popular Bronzers