New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Bought this as a result of a billion good reviews. I also own Hoola, the YSL Africa one, glo minerals, and a few others.

This one is by far the sheerest. Its a matte which is a must for me (the YSL is slightly sheen-ish) and very subtle. So fantastic if you're light skinned and need a bronzer which is sorta fool proof. It works like a dark powder, without being powdery.

I have medium skin so its very sheer, which is good for applying all over the face to warm up a fdtn which is too light. I wouldn't use this for contouring or for real bronzing, but for a foolproof all over application its great.

Got it from Crush Cosmetics, for $5 I think! Dirt cheap!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60, BeneFit Champagne, Bobbi Brown #4, MUFE Sand/Desert
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

on 10/7/2012 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Price: At Walmart, this bronzer was around 3 dollars.
Packaging: The packaging sucks. It's so cheap and looks like it'll break any minute.
Bronzer: Matte. Not super pigmented. Brown with a hint of orange.
My thoughts: I love this bronzer! It's not super brown or anything so it looks natural on me. I'm pretty tan right now. Revlon Colorstay Natural Tan. This shows up great on me! It's matte. I can use this to add a hint of color. Or for contouring and adding definition. HG bronzer. :)

on 10/7/2012 8:04:00 PM

Found my HG bronzer. This is the perfect shade for my fair-medium Asian skin. At first, I thought it would break me out because it was so cheap, but it has not. Love it especially for contouring because it was matte. So cheap too only $2.99! Definitely worth the buy! Will repurchase!

on 9/22/2012 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really good, cheap, matte bronzer. It's not orange and it works great for my contouring. It doesn't last all day on it's own without my makeup setting spray though.

on 9/19/2012 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is the BEST contouring product I have ever bought. I am super fair, everything is too dark, this is perfect. It's so natural, and not orange at all. It gives a very natural effect, and is super cheap. It's matte which is important when contouring, and comes with quite a lot of product. There is no fallout, but the powder is not chunky. This was super cheap (maybe around $3) at walmart.

on 9/17/2012 1:03:00 PM

I had to get my hands on this because everyone raves about this matte bronzer on youtube. So I finally did during one of Rite-Aid's 40% of NYC sales. I don't think it is discontinued because I see them everywhere: Wal-Mart, Rite-Aid Target etc...

So here is my take on the product. I am asian and I have normally tanned skin living in Southern California. My MAC shade is NC30-NC40 depending on how tanned I am. NYC sunny comes off a little reddish/orangey on my skin. With that said, I think this product is still usable and it seems to work fine for those with lighter skin tones.

on 9/17/2012 12:34:00 PM

Couldn't find this anywhere in the UK so i ordered online and this was generally was more difficult to get hold of. But it's matte and light which allows you to build it up for a defined look and is definitely a freat bronzer. I feel that it blends quite easily however it doesn't have a long staying power, normally i would need to reapply after three hours but for the price it's really good value. The packaging isn't the best and i feel like the mirror could break off from the bronzer easily but the mirror is quite handy and overall, i really like this bronzer and would certainly buy it again!

on 9/15/2012 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Pros:
+Dirt cheap -around $3
+Comes with 9g
+Doesn't make me look orange
+Not splotchy
+Blendable
+Lasts ALL day
+Lasts a long time (Product wise) -I use this everyday and I've had this for about a year and i've just hit pan
+Matte
+Great for contouring
+Buildable
+Light weight
+Comes with a mirror
+Great for throughout the year(:

Cons:
-Packaging looks cheap

Overall I love this product it's my HG bronzer. I already bought a back up and I will happily repurchase when i run out(:

on 9/14/2012 10:58:00 PM

after hearing everyone rave about this "perfect bronzer for paler skin tones" on youtube, i rushed out to find it. and it was a hunt. i finally found it, after looking at 8 drugstores and 3 walmarts,in the clearance bin at target for a dollar. ive had it for about 3 months. and when they say good for pale skin they mean it, i cant wear it in spring or summer. im too dark. and it seems to have an orange undertone. or it oxidizes quickly.

its certainly not my favorite bronzer but for a fair(and i mean WHITE) skinned woman this would be fine. especially for a dollar.

on 9/14/2012 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using this bronzer for a little over a week. I picked it up because I've had a string of crappy bronzer purchases (Flirt!, Maybelline FitMe, & a Physician's Formula) and since everybody on YT seems to love this, I thought I'd give it a try since it is only a few bucks.
Generally, I do really like this. I feel like here at the end of my summer tan, it could stand to be a tad darker but in a few weeks it should be perfect. I like that it is matte, but it doesn't look muddy on my face. It is not too orange, and doesn't oxidize throughout the day. It is versatile enough that I can both use it for contouring and also on my cheekbones. It looks really nice as a contour with CG's Tru Plum cheekers blush on my cheekbones.
The only cruddy thing about it is the packaging. It is a really cheap plastic compact and I'm just waiting for the plastic hinge to snap off. Sometimes too the top doesn't line up with the bottom and makes it a pain to get closed. The cheap sponge that comes with it isn't up to the task of applying the actual bronzer, but I've used it to apply my moisturizer and it works well for that. But since the whole thing is less than 3 bucks I can deal with crummy packaging. : )

Popular Bronzers