September 21, 2014 | 1986 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by ruscocourt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this!!!! i love that it is not shimmery. it is a simple clean and perfect. it is the nice tan color too not nasty orange

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by maripossa24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's so hard to find a bronzer that's not orange and shimmery. With my already oily skin, shimmer is just a NO.

This is very matte, and very natural looking. This will work well on fair skins, but anyone darker I doubt it would show up on. It warms me up without looking fake or obvious.

I just dust a little on the high points of my cheeks, temples/hairline, a tad on the middle of my forehead, a tad on the bridge of my nose with a MAC 109.

You can't beat the price, the package seems sturdy to me. The puff is worthless, but I can't imagine applying a bronzer with a puff anyway. It will fade during the day, but it's light and compact enough to throw in my bag for touchups, so it's not a big deal.

Will buy again.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by prettyreckless

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This doesn't give me much color, so I use it all over my face as a setting powder after I apply my liquid foundation. Works so well. It doesn't break me out at all, which is surprising for its price. Haven't hit pan yet, but I've already bought a back-up : )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

Its so hard to find a nice, simple matte bronzer. All of them seem to contain shimmer, which I don't think flatters my already oily-skin. This gets all the hype for its simplicity, which sounds weird, but it makes sense. Its the perfect shade for contouring and adding warmth to ones face. It's a pretty matte brown shade that would be found naturally on many people's complexions. Its great for the summer!
What I dont like? The packaging. It's really cheap and flimsy. Not as sturdy as I thought it would be.
I also feel you have to use this bronzer with a light hand, or else you end up having that "dirty" look.
Overall, great product for under $3!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by everysunflower

I am so pleased with this little gem of a bronzer. For under $4 (CAD), I have found a perfect, matte bronzer for contouring my face. The packaging is very compact and travel-friendly; I don't have to worry about it taking up too much space in my purse. I also appreciate that when you flip it open, there's a mirror inside. Throw away the sponge that comes with it, because it isn't going to do anything for anyone! Use your own brushes. I have an olive/tan skintone and this bronzer is true to keeping me from looking orange or muddy. It isn't overly pigmented so I'm positive lighter skintones will applaud that.

Edit: After doing some in-depth research, it is confirmed that NYC does test on animals; therefore, I am changing this product rating from 5 to 4. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by boxyeongxan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Matte and a very good subtle shade for me since I'm pretty fair. Ummm fairly well pigmented. And I mean for the price it is pigmented. I think I got it for three dollars?
I don't use that much, but I use it almost every single day, so considering the fact that I JUST hit pan on it, means it has a lot of product. Its kinda pink toned? The packaging seems kinda cheap. but it didn't break on me or anything and I like that its pretty slick. So overall its good. And I would definitely buy it again. Texture is also pretty smooth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been scared of bronzer ever since I started learning about makeup (that was about freshman year, I'm a junior now). Every bronzer I have ever tried or had applied to me was either orange, to dark, or made me look like a character from Lost xD

Needless to say after finding this little beauty for less than $4 at my local Target, I have overcome my fear!!!

It is totally matte, which is great! I don't prefer shimmery products on my face except highlighter :/

It is also TOTALLY neutral. No overpowering orange or pink tones, so it will fit most people's skintone.

I use this everyday all over my face to give me a summery glow (STILL RAINING IN PORTLAND AND IT'S MAY) with a fluffy brush (I use the ELF studio all over face brush) and a tiny bit of it with an angled blush brush (ELF essential face brush) to contour my cheeks a bit.

I don't really need to contour at all, my dad says he could break a bottle on my cheekbones xD, but I do it anyway because I think it adds more dimension to a person's face :D

ENOUGH YAMMERING. This bronzer is great and even if you don't like it, it's really cheap so you aren't loosing a bunch of money *cough cough* Benefit Hula Bronzer*cough cough*

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by lecnicol

good everyday bronzer! matte doesn't look muddy nor orange! perfect !plus it's dirt cheap! you can never go wrong with this bronzer. packaging is really nice and compact.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This bronzer cost me less than $3 at Wal-Mart. First off, I love the packaging. The sleek orangy bronze compact is quite attractive and I love how there is a sun design in the powder. Now, onto the product itself. On my very fair, yellow toned skin, the powder doesn't turn orange. It stays a pretty neutral brown with just a hint of a pinky orange cast, but it isn't too noticable on my skin. Overall, for the price this is a great bronzer. I'm sure it will last me awhile. And its dirt cheap, so its worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by sammyfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I previously used Nars Laguna bronzer for contouring, but it is so expensive. This bronzer was less than $3 and is almost exactly the same as Laguna. I have light skin with pink undertones. Sunny is matte and is the perfect shade-not too dark and not orange. I will never waste my money on Laguna again when this gem of a bronzer is so cheap. I will repurchase again and again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No