July 29, 2014 | 524 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by everysunflower

I am so pleased with this little gem of a bronzer. For under $4 (CAD), I have found a perfect, matte bronzer for contouring my face. The packaging is very compact and travel-friendly; I don't have to worry about it taking up too much space in my purse. I also appreciate that when you flip it open, there's a mirror inside. Throw away the sponge that comes with it, because it isn't going to do anything for anyone! Use your own brushes. I have an olive/tan skintone and this bronzer is true to keeping me from looking orange or muddy. It isn't overly pigmented so I'm positive lighter skintones will applaud that.

Edit: After doing some in-depth research, it is confirmed that NYC does test on animals; therefore, I am changing this product rating from 5 to 4. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by boxyeongxan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Matte and a very good subtle shade for me since I'm pretty fair. Ummm fairly well pigmented. And I mean for the price it is pigmented. I think I got it for three dollars?
I don't use that much, but I use it almost every single day, so considering the fact that I JUST hit pan on it, means it has a lot of product. Its kinda pink toned? The packaging seems kinda cheap. but it didn't break on me or anything and I like that its pretty slick. So overall its good. And I would definitely buy it again. Texture is also pretty smooth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been scared of bronzer ever since I started learning about makeup (that was about freshman year, I'm a junior now). Every bronzer I have ever tried or had applied to me was either orange, to dark, or made me look like a character from Lost xD

Needless to say after finding this little beauty for less than $4 at my local Target, I have overcome my fear!!!

It is totally matte, which is great! I don't prefer shimmery products on my face except highlighter :/

It is also TOTALLY neutral. No overpowering orange or pink tones, so it will fit most people's skintone.

I use this everyday all over my face to give me a summery glow (STILL RAINING IN PORTLAND AND IT'S MAY) with a fluffy brush (I use the ELF studio all over face brush) and a tiny bit of it with an angled blush brush (ELF essential face brush) to contour my cheeks a bit.

I don't really need to contour at all, my dad says he could break a bottle on my cheekbones xD, but I do it anyway because I think it adds more dimension to a person's face :D

ENOUGH YAMMERING. This bronzer is great and even if you don't like it, it's really cheap so you aren't loosing a bunch of money *cough cough* Benefit Hula Bronzer*cough cough*

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by lecnicol

good everyday bronzer! matte doesn't look muddy nor orange! perfect !plus it's dirt cheap! you can never go wrong with this bronzer. packaging is really nice and compact.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This bronzer cost me less than $3 at Wal-Mart. First off, I love the packaging. The sleek orangy bronze compact is quite attractive and I love how there is a sun design in the powder. Now, onto the product itself. On my very fair, yellow toned skin, the powder doesn't turn orange. It stays a pretty neutral brown with just a hint of a pinky orange cast, but it isn't too noticable on my skin. Overall, for the price this is a great bronzer. I'm sure it will last me awhile. And its dirt cheap, so its worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by sammyfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I previously used Nars Laguna bronzer for contouring, but it is so expensive. This bronzer was less than $3 and is almost exactly the same as Laguna. I have light skin with pink undertones. Sunny is matte and is the perfect shade-not too dark and not orange. I will never waste my money on Laguna again when this gem of a bronzer is so cheap. I will repurchase again and again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by angiebby90

this stuff is my ALL time favorite bronzer.. only $3 && it works wonders, i also have the benefit hoola bronzer that was $30 but no way does that compare to my nyc sunny bronzer, i even bought a back up of this for when i run out!!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by scooucha24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great! Not too orange, natural looking, and matte! It's also so inexpensive, and I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by sedst9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I rarely take time to write reviews, especially recently. However, I had to take a moment to write this! I stopped using bronzer years ago because I would catch glimpses in the mirror and it appeared so unnatural and orange. Fast forward to now, and at the suggestion of some very talented MUA ladies I decided to give bronzing powder another shot. I didn't want to invest in it, however, because I really didn't think I'd end up using it daily. So after sorting through reviews I decided to give NYC Sunny a shot. What I loved upon first glance, aside from the AWESOME price, was the LACK of any glitter or shimmer. I want my face to look as natural as possible, especially now that it is summer and I am outside in the sun more often. Anyways, moving onto wearability. Upon application, my love for this bronzing powder just grew deeper. It is such an unprecedented brownish bronze color....no orange, no ruddiness. Perfection. It is subtle enough for very natural contouring and bronzing. I've been getting compliments daily since I started wearing this bronzer. I use an artist brush from Michaels to apply..it is pretty fluffy and big. This probably helps with the awesomely natural application (I imagine the sponge included doesn't work wonders for application). Takes a small amount to make an impact. I have oily skin and this never seems to make it worse, which is another amazing feat in itself. Will repurchase for as long as they make it!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I bought Lorac's tantalizer a few weeks ago and it was NOT what I was wanting (too orange and sparkly). I'm getting older and though I like sparkles more than I used to I don't really want an every day bronzers that razzle dazzles, rather I want something that will just warm me up. Basically I'm looking for a nice sun-kissed look. This has delivered so far.

I decided to try this product based on a bunch of reviews from online about how great it was for an affordable brand. I love high end products and will buy them when they are worth it, but I tend to prioritize what I spend the big bucks on. I tend to think foundation and eyeshadows are worthy of the biggest high ticket prices, but that things like mascara and eyeliner (short shelf life) are acceptable things to be thrifty on. I tend to think this way about powders too, especially bronzers. The only exception to this is setting powders, as I tend to notice a "heaviness" to some of the cheaper ones.

So in line with that cheapness factor, I thought what could it hurt to try this bronzer. A full size compact was cheaper than a sample size compact of the Lorac bronzer. I ended up getting the bronzer for less than $3.

If you want a super bronzy look this isn't going to be your ideal bronzer. If you are looking for a nice, believable bronzer this one is a good option. It is a great choice if you like to do sculpting and contouring. I use a cream foundation and use a cream highlight and shader to contour my cheekbones. This looks very nice over-top of that along with a little cream blush.

I don't know how this will work for someone that is really picky about bronzer. Like I said bronzer to me isn't really a huge necessity in my makeup routine, but from my minimal experience this is a nice everyday bronzer. My only complaint is that the compact it comes in stinks. I forsee it falling apart because it is cheap, cheap, cheap, but its so dirt cheap. I can always break it up and put it in a loose powder shifter if the lid does break off.