August 28, 2014 | 1169 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 4:30:00 AM More reviews by orangegoo

I'm almost done with my first compact. I love this because it never broke me out nor gave me those tiny white bumps. Gives a great, not too matte finish. Medium coverage, but can be layered. Works best when used with a damp skunk / duo fibre / stippling brush -- gives it an airbrushed look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by RCB123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews, I decided to try this. I admit I like powder foundation (used dry) because it is so fast, neat, and easy. The challenge I have found in other formulas is that many of them really can look 'powdery' on the skin which I certainly do not like. Avon's Mark Powder Buff was the worst offender as far as looking heavy or chalky. Max Facor's is pretty good but you don't get a lot of product and there is no seperate area for the sponge to sit. Mineral makeups just look too matte and 'heavy' no matter how many other people swear otherwise. Also, I have decided to avaoid using cosmetics from companies that continue to animals test (which MF does though Avon doesn't).

This product is excellent in so many ways. The compact has a separate compartment for the sponge applicator and there is a good amount of product. The cost is fair at about $10 US at Sally's (but I realize all cosmetic prices have gone up and I have paid much, much more for higher end foundations of lesser quality). The product does not look powdery on my skin. It covers very well yet looks incredibly natural (you cannot see the makeup on my skin). And, it LASTS. I have Tzone combo skin and this stays on all day (even through a workout) without a touchup. The color selection isn't very extensive, but I am fair ( wear 'Buff' in Colorstay) and the Laurel Nude is perfect. I hope that going a tad deeper in the summer won't be a challenge. The product appears finely milled, so it doesn't seem to be withering down in the pan too quickly.
Bonuses: no animal testing.
Minuses: unsure if there is any SPF and I wish the top of the compact had no writing on it because it would look more elegant (unfortunately I am a packaging snob).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by mistified

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very sensitive skin, and I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! It works great! My skin doesn't break out much at all with it, and it is so easy to get a little extra coverage with the dual wet/dry. It gives a great finish--lightly matte, but not too much. It doesn't have tons of shimmer (thank goodness). I just touch it up with a little bronzer and I'm ready to go! I've used this for over a year and keep coming back to it. It is great. Far better than Bare Minerals or Sheer Cover. I can't wait to try their other products!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 1:36:00 AM More reviews by tessadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I'd been searching for a new foundation for a long time and have spent way too much money on ones that I hate! I used to use BE and I liked it for awhile but it just seemed to dry out my skin. I switched to Color Stay, that broke me out and made my skin look flat and dull! This foundation makes my skin look flawless and matte but not too matte, just glowing! Love the packaging too! I've never used a wet/dry foundation before so I don't have much to compare it to but this is the best foundation I've ever used! Well I take that back actually I bought Studio Fix about 5 years ago and I guess it didn't leave much of an impression on me because I never bought it again! I found it at Sally's after doing some research online for a new foundation. Just for reference: I have light blonde hair and dark brown eyes with fair skin with olive/cool undertones. I bought the Laurel Nude in this foundation and it matches perfectly!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2008 5:39:00 AM More reviews by sami513

great coverage but it breaks me out like crazy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2007 5:07:00 AM More reviews by normajeane73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very good foundation. It covers quickly and blends well with my skin. I use either Laurel Nude or Cypress Beige, depends on what time of the year it is. Overall, I would recommend this foundation. It's affordable, and is easy to use. I always go back to it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 8:52:00 PM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

You know, this is a pretty good foundation. With the exception that it breaks me out, that is. It was very easy to apply and blend, I found a great color match (Laurel Nude- I am a MAC NC20) and being it was pressed made it perfect. So convenient. I applied it dry with my Stila #24 brush, and loved everything about it, except that it made me break out. If ever my skin is less sensitive and break-out prone, I'm going back, because I loved everything else about it . Do try, you never know!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2007 3:35:00 AM More reviews by angehayler

I think I'm very stoked with this product. I've only used it twice, so I'll have to reevaluate it at some point. I usually use Revlon's Colorstay - which is good - but recently I started hunting for something a bit lighter and a bit more natural looking, and I think I've found it. The best thing about this foundation is that it really doesn't look like foundation at all, but it makes your skin look good :) I think I'm becoming more and more enamored with this whole range.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 9:17:00 PM More reviews by bluemelon

Palladio's wet/dry foundation is brilliant considering the price. I was looking for a wet/dry foundation & read the great reviews here, so decided to try it. I have oily/combo skin & sometimes just don't feel like wearing a liquid foundation, plus a wet-dry foundation is so much quicker and foolproof when it comes to application.

This product really surprised me - it goes on easily, evens out my complexion very nicely & makes my skin feel incredibly smooth! The trick to a flawless application is to wet the sponge sufficiently, but not too much. If the sponge is too wet, you get streaky, uneven and insufficient coverage. If you wet the sponge and then dip into the powder and you leave wet patches on the powder, then it means you've wet the sponge too much - squeeze it a bit more & re-dip. Once you've applied the foundation wet, you can then dip into the powder with a large powder brush and dust over the face to set the foundation, or just use your regular powder or Palladio's rice powder.

I first bought the colour Laurel Nude, which is absolutely perfect for my NC20-25 complexion. This is actually the lightest colour in the range, and although I normally am not suited to the lightest colour in most foundation ranges - this is perfect. My complexion is evened out nicely & I don't even look like I have makeup on. After Laurel Nude, I tried Ivory Myrrh, but it was too dark and too pink for me. So as a guide for colour selection, I would say : Fair & Light complexion - go for Laurel Nude; Medium complexions (with pink undertones) - go for Ivory Myrrh; and Medium complexions (yellow undertones) - go for Cypress Beige. If you are light to medium, I guess your safest bet would be to go for Laurel Nude & if necessary, use bronzer & blush on top, or go for Laurel Nude in winter & Ivory Myrrh/Cypress Beige in summer if you tend to tan.

Although this isn't the longest wearing foundation (compared to my HG longwearing foundation Estee Lauder Double Wear), it still wears for some time. It contains rice powder in it, so does help somewhat with controlling the oilies. Having said that, I recommend having properly exfoliated and moisturised skin underneath, as I find that any product which is 'oil controlling' tends to accentuate any dry spots.

Definitely my HG wet/dry foundation at the moment & will keep repurchasing. It's unfortunate it's no longer stocked here in Australia though :(

24 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2007 11:38:00 AM More reviews by primflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this today from Sally's. It costs £9.99 here (England) which is approximately $20 US.
I bought the lightest shade Laurel Nude, after reading the reviews here. There were no testers available.
I love the compact, with its separate compartment for the sponge, and I like the size of the sponge too.

I tried it dry on one half of my face and dampened the sponge on the the other side. It applied nicely, giving good coverage, and the colour was almost perfect.
However, two hours later, it has turned orange and gone quite dark. This is a very common problem for me with foundations, both dry and liquid types., so it's my skin rather than the make up itself to blame, but still, I dont want an orange face.The hunt for a great powder foundation continues - I do love the LP one but it is very £££ and I would love to find one that I like as much but at a more reasonable price.
EDITED TO UPDATE. Well, I tried this again and it did not turn orange. The colour stayed true. Using it over moisturiser made it turn orange. If I use the powder dry, over bare skin, it looks pretty good. It lasts well too. So, I think this is a winner in the summer months, but in the winter I need a moisturiser so it will not work then.