November 21, 2014 | 1828 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Edited 7/08: My first trial with this product didn't go so well. I ran out of MAC Studio Fix powder, so I thought I'd give this a try. First: Finding a good color match is not easy because the shades are so limited, and both Sallys I have gone to do not have sample tester products out, so you are having to remove the product from the box to look at it, and it's tough to tell without putting it actually on your skin. I wear MAC NC30- mostly/C3 at points in the winter. I tried Neroli Bronze first, it was too dark, then exchanged for Cypress Beige the second time. Cypress Beige is an ok color but it's too beigey/orange/peach undertoned, and not enough yellow/olive undertones for my NC30 skin, but it's acceptable for a emergency 'purse' foundation. Palladio really needs to expand the color range here. The wear: this does cover very well, about the same as Studio Fix, and and initally looks like it's going on smoothly. However: in natural light, you can tell that this can have a tendency to cake on the skin, especially if you apply over moisturizer. With the darker color, Neroli Bronze, it oxidized on my skin after about 30 minutes, turning more orange. I don't find that the Cypress Beige really oxidizes, but the caking aspect worsens with the use of a moisturizer. Sally would not refund it, but they grudgingly let me exchange it for another color. (This is why they should have a product tester). What I do like about this product more than MAC Studiofix, is that because it's a rice powder product, it causes less oil seepage to come through after 4-5 hours. I had to turn my Studiofix compacts into a loose powder foundation and add some EM Start to Finish powder to them to make it better for my oily skin (the EM Start to Finish is also a rice powder product). This is not a true mineral makeup; it's rice powder makeup with zinc oxide. I use a rice powder primer from an etailer with most other loose mineral makeups, and that wears better on me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2008 12:27:00 AM More reviews by fwilmore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I sooooo wanted to love this foundation. This is one time when the great reviews burned me. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to MAC studio fix. I'm NC35 and I first chose CYPRESS BEIGE. Well, I liked the coverage, but I could tell it was a little too dark for me. Then, about an hour later it turned severely orange on me! I'm very oily, so that may have made it worse. So, I returned it to Ulta and exchanged it for IVORY MYRRH thinking that since it was lighter, it would not turn orange on me. Well, when I first put it on it seemed like a pretty good match, but once again, an hour later, I turned orange. :(
The only think I liked was the packaging. I'm returning this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by officefan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a wonderful product! Blended perfectly with my skin and did NOT look cakey! Couldn't believe how amazing my skin looked. Amazing powder.

I am on my second compact and still loving this stuff. Such nice natural looking results. Will definitely continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 4:30:00 AM More reviews by orangegoo

I'm almost done with my first compact. I love this because it never broke me out nor gave me those tiny white bumps. Gives a great, not too matte finish. Medium coverage, but can be layered. Works best when used with a damp skunk / duo fibre / stippling brush -- gives it an airbrushed look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by RCB123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews, I decided to try this. I admit I like powder foundation (used dry) because it is so fast, neat, and easy. The challenge I have found in other formulas is that many of them really can look 'powdery' on the skin which I certainly do not like. Avon's Mark Powder Buff was the worst offender as far as looking heavy or chalky. Max Facor's is pretty good but you don't get a lot of product and there is no seperate area for the sponge to sit. Mineral makeups just look too matte and 'heavy' no matter how many other people swear otherwise. Also, I have decided to avaoid using cosmetics from companies that continue to animals test (which MF does though Avon doesn't).

This product is excellent in so many ways. The compact has a separate compartment for the sponge applicator and there is a good amount of product. The cost is fair at about $10 US at Sally's (but I realize all cosmetic prices have gone up and I have paid much, much more for higher end foundations of lesser quality). The product does not look powdery on my skin. It covers very well yet looks incredibly natural (you cannot see the makeup on my skin). And, it LASTS. I have Tzone combo skin and this stays on all day (even through a workout) without a touchup. The color selection isn't very extensive, but I am fair ( wear 'Buff' in Colorstay) and the Laurel Nude is perfect. I hope that going a tad deeper in the summer won't be a challenge. The product appears finely milled, so it doesn't seem to be withering down in the pan too quickly.
Bonuses: no animal testing.
Minuses: unsure if there is any SPF and I wish the top of the compact had no writing on it because it would look more elegant (unfortunately I am a packaging snob).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by mistified

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very sensitive skin, and I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! It works great! My skin doesn't break out much at all with it, and it is so easy to get a little extra coverage with the dual wet/dry. It gives a great finish--lightly matte, but not too much. It doesn't have tons of shimmer (thank goodness). I just touch it up with a little bronzer and I'm ready to go! I've used this for over a year and keep coming back to it. It is great. Far better than Bare Minerals or Sheer Cover. I can't wait to try their other products!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 1:36:00 AM More reviews by tessadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I'd been searching for a new foundation for a long time and have spent way too much money on ones that I hate! I used to use BE and I liked it for awhile but it just seemed to dry out my skin. I switched to Color Stay, that broke me out and made my skin look flat and dull! This foundation makes my skin look flawless and matte but not too matte, just glowing! Love the packaging too! I've never used a wet/dry foundation before so I don't have much to compare it to but this is the best foundation I've ever used! Well I take that back actually I bought Studio Fix about 5 years ago and I guess it didn't leave much of an impression on me because I never bought it again! I found it at Sally's after doing some research online for a new foundation. Just for reference: I have light blonde hair and dark brown eyes with fair skin with olive/cool undertones. I bought the Laurel Nude in this foundation and it matches perfectly!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2008 5:39:00 AM More reviews by sami513

great coverage but it breaks me out like crazy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2007 5:07:00 AM More reviews by normajeane73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very good foundation. It covers quickly and blends well with my skin. I use either Laurel Nude or Cypress Beige, depends on what time of the year it is. Overall, I would recommend this foundation. It's affordable, and is easy to use. I always go back to it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 8:52:00 PM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

You know, this is a pretty good foundation. With the exception that it breaks me out, that is. It was very easy to apply and blend, I found a great color match (Laurel Nude- I am a MAC NC20) and being it was pressed made it perfect. So convenient. I applied it dry with my Stila #24 brush, and loved everything about it, except that it made me break out. If ever my skin is less sensitive and break-out prone, I'm going back, because I loved everything else about it . Do try, you never know!