April 19, 2014 | 1047 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2006 4:01:00 PM More reviews by lost_american516

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i think this is the best powder i've ever used, and i've tried a few. i got this NC20, and it matches my skin perfectly. it finishes my whole face and pulls everything together. i bought to get rid of shine, and i like because it's very light and doesn't look cakey or turn orange. it's perfect! i will definitely buy again. the only thing that could bring this awesome product down to hell is if it makes me break out. i will update if this happens...but so far, so good!<3 kADY EDIT: this hasn't made me break out, but it doesn't go on quite as even during the day, though. i'm still using it, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2006 2:45:00 PM More reviews by xdreamlessx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didnt really much use powder until I got this one .
totally natural look , not cakey / chalky at all
you can use it totally in the day ( I personally also use it with the select tint )
with out worrying of over wearing makeup during the day

I mean Im in total luv with this powder.
difiniatly recommend it and will buy again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2006 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Lyaana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't say a bad thing about this product. I use NC55 and it matches my skin perfectly and I could probably wear it by itself. ~:>)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2006 10:01:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb12

GREAT color match for me(NW20)when first applied it looked great but didn't have enough power to control my 'oilies'.most importantly, IT BROKE ME OUT!never never never again will i use any MAC cosmetics.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by muscat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was at MAC to replenish my beloved Blot Powder in Medium when the SA recommended this. Overall, it's a pretty good product - good texture, smooth finish and it really does last quite awhile. On the other hand, the powder seems to oxidize and darken during the day, I would've bought a lighter shade had I known (I use NC25). It is also, quite drying as some have mentioned so a moisturizer underneath is necessary. Not a bad product, but just not as good as the blot powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2006 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Alizaryn

This is definitely my HG pressed-powder (loose powder is T.Leclerc). I found the perfect color for my almost PPP (NC20) ; if I apply it with a brush, it's very light, just enough to fix my foundation. The most amazing is that when I apply it with de sponge, it covers extremely well, but it is undectable. It's a bit too drying, so a good moisturizing cream and a little foundation are recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2006 10:02:00 AM More reviews by elisahenley

I can't say enough about this powder. It sets beautifully over a light foundation with a nice light blush. At first it looked sort of dry, but after an hour or so it just looked silky and my face looked refined and my pores were virtually unnoticeable. It never caked (of course, a good primer is essential) or uneven. I applied it with the Bobbi Brown powder brush and it was amazing looking... very smooth and doesn't make me look orange or mask-like. It has decent coverage too (although, I don't have a lot to cover). I wear Laura Mercier secret brightening powder over it, and it really finishes so beautifully. I recommend this for anyone who needs a good powder to set their foundation or finish their look. After spending literally hundreds of dollars on pressed powders and returning most of them, Mac has finally impressed me. I never thought much of their Studio Fix (which I just use as an eye shadow base now) but this is FAR better if you wear foundation. Try this powder!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2006 3:05:00 AM More reviews by KristiLeigh

The best powder I've ever tried! It looks natural, sets my makeup, doesn't turn orange, and doesn't let my shine show through. I had previously used Studio Fix, but I found it too heavy for my taste. Make sure you go to the makeup counter and have them help you find a shade, since these run darker than Studio Fix.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2006 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Flamingo1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to wear this powder in NC45 (not an exact could match, but the closet) for a few years. It does give a more natural look than the original pressed powders but I found it quite drying for my combination skin.

I have since discovered Becca's powders, and can honestly say that if I compared Mac's sheer powder to this, Becca wins hands down. Its actually very hard for me to class Mac's powder as Sheer now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2006 8:32:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful stuff!! Very good @ setting my foundation. Goes on sheer, but still gives coverage without looking too cakey and overdone.