MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder

Talc, Octyldodecyl lactate, Silica, Nylon-12, Isononyl isononanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Lecithin, Polyperfluoroethoxymethoxy difluoroethyl PEG Phosphate, Zein, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Potassium sorbate, [ /- Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, Carmine, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, red 6 Lake, red 7 Lake, read 30 Lake, yellow 5 Lake, ultra marines] (as of 7/2015)

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

you 'must be kidding me with all of this great reviews, this powder with nw 15 makes me get sooo shiny during the day (since i have combo skin) and also looks cakey on my face.

so i don't get it...what the heck is meaning of using it? it doesn't cover any problems (i don't have much, but hell #$%$), it doesn't make me look matte during the day, don't have spf and bla-bla-bla.

didn't like this at all

I have this in NC40. I have yellow undertones, and the SA picked NC40 for me. It looks a little orange under some lights, but I think during summer it'll be a good match. I use this over concealer only. I don't really need foundation, just wanted something to get rid of the shine and even out my skin tone. This really does the job, and it actually lasts on me. May need to touchup after 6 hours or so. I used to use Revlon ColorStay Stay Natural Powder, but MAC stays on much better and looks more natural. In terms of price, they actually cost almost the same, because MAC has 12g (for $45 AUD) and Revlon only has 8.4g ($30 AUD). I'll definitely repurchase this powder, however I am tempted to try other shades. Maybe NC35 or NW35.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I liked this powder and have bought it a few times but I wouldn't buy it again after discovering Benefit 'Get Even' powder, which is brilliant. Anyway, back to MAC. As many others have mentioned you do get quite shiny very quickly but I would recommend re-touching shine with MAC's blot powder and not this pressed powder, as it will only add more and more colour on and will look cakey. This powder was just OK, nothing amazing - better coverage and finish than other drugstore pressed powders I've tried, but there are better powders out there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have purchased this product again and again. It gives your skin a flawless finish. The only thing I dislike is that you have to re-apply every few hours to beat the shine. I use it over MAC's Select SPF15 foundation as a finishing powder. Will definitely purchase again.

i like this and the loose, press is more convient for traveling this is shear powder to set your make up oilly girls may want to try something more oil absorbing i think blot powder is good for that i use blot when i use my face and body foundation to tone down the deweyness like every foundation is for diffrent skin types and gives diffrent finish so does powder

I've been using this in NC15 for the past 5 years. I like how sheer it is, not at all heavy. My only complaint is it's staying power. I constantly need to touch up because my face becomes oily in a matter of an hour. PPP NC15 for reference, combination skin.

The powder has a nice, sheer texture. It gives a featherweight and a glowing finish! The only problem I have with this product is that I have to reapply a lot of times because of my oily skin. I think it would work better for those with other skin types.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

the sales rep gave me nc35 but when i tried it home it was so gross. totally gave me a weird orangey, tan color. i was like, eeww. my face only looked ok under bright white light. so i exchanged it for nc30. it gives me that nice glow and makes it seem like im not even wearing make-up. something only i would notice and keeps everyone else wondering what i did to my face. for winter i think i'll probably go for a lighter shade once my face starts to lighten up again.

I just purchased this product a week ago. I'm a NC40. I have got to say that this is a great powder! I apply it with a powder brush and it leaves a very smooth, velvety, silky feel to the skin. Update: Ok I realized that the NC40 is too dark for my skintone and it looked a bit orangey in outdoor lighting. So i went back to get a different shade and I got NC35 this time and this one seems to be a lot better. It looks more natural on me now :)

Takes away shine really well although re-applying is needed later on in the day. A good product that I'd repurchase.

Recommended for Normal Skin