July 28, 2014 | 1204 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2006 10:56:00 PM More reviews by neekolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the sales rep gave me nc35 but when i tried it home it was so gross. totally gave me a weird orangey, tan color. i was like, eeww. my face only looked ok under bright white light. so i exchanged it for nc30. it gives me that nice glow and makes it seem like im not even wearing make-up. something only i would notice and keeps everyone else wondering what i did to my face. for winter i think i'll probably go for a lighter shade once my face starts to lighten up again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2006 6:11:00 PM More reviews by sim_loves_makeup

I just purchased this product a week ago. I'm a NC40. I have got to say that this is a great powder! I apply it with a powder brush and it leaves a very smooth, velvety, silky feel to the skin. Update: Ok I realized that the NC40 is too dark for my skintone and it looked a bit orangey in outdoor lighting. So i went back to get a different shade and I got NC35 this time and this one seems to be a lot better. It looks more natural on me now :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2006 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Juicy_TNA

Takes away shine really well although re-applying is needed later on in the day. A good product that I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2006 2:46:00 PM More reviews by iyoon

I use this rather amazing pressed powder in NC20 for my light/medium complexion. It leaves my skin with a nice soft matte and even finish. I'm not sure about how the oil-control compares with Blot but I was looking for a powder that would help even out my complexion on top of concealer and absorb oil throughout the day for touchups. This powder does a great job and I'll definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2006 2:34:00 PM More reviews by vodkabarbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm really impressed with this - goes on nicely with a brush and comes in a good range of shades (I'm using NW5). The powder is milled really fine and lasts well over foundation without caking or creasing. I didn't need to touch up until well past lunchtime but it didn't feel heavy on my skin.
The packaging is also nice and plain and chunky. A good buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2006 4:01:00 PM More reviews by lost_american516

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i think this is the best powder i've ever used, and i've tried a few. i got this NC20, and it matches my skin perfectly. it finishes my whole face and pulls everything together. i bought to get rid of shine, and i like because it's very light and doesn't look cakey or turn orange. it's perfect! i will definitely buy again. the only thing that could bring this awesome product down to hell is if it makes me break out. i will update if this happens...but so far, so good!<3 kADY EDIT: this hasn't made me break out, but it doesn't go on quite as even during the day, though. i'm still using it, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2006 2:45:00 PM More reviews by xdreamlessx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didnt really much use powder until I got this one .
totally natural look , not cakey / chalky at all
you can use it totally in the day ( I personally also use it with the select tint )
with out worrying of over wearing makeup during the day

I mean Im in total luv with this powder.
difiniatly recommend it and will buy again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2006 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Lyaana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't say a bad thing about this product. I use NC55 and it matches my skin perfectly and I could probably wear it by itself. ~:>)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2006 10:01:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb12

GREAT color match for me(NW20)when first applied it looked great but didn't have enough power to control my 'oilies'.most importantly, IT BROKE ME OUT!never never never again will i use any MAC cosmetics.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by muscat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was at MAC to replenish my beloved Blot Powder in Medium when the SA recommended this. Overall, it's a pretty good product - good texture, smooth finish and it really does last quite awhile. On the other hand, the powder seems to oxidize and darken during the day, I would've bought a lighter shade had I known (I use NC25). It is also, quite drying as some have mentioned so a moisturizer underneath is necessary. Not a bad product, but just not as good as the blot powder.