October 21, 2014 | 1835 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2006 10:30:00 AM More reviews by shakerattlerock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this powder and have bought it a few times but I wouldn't buy it again after discovering Benefit 'Get Even' powder, which is brilliant. Anyway, back to MAC. As many others have mentioned you do get quite shiny very quickly but I would recommend re-touching shine with MAC's blot powder and not this pressed powder, as it will only add more and more colour on and will look cakey. This powder was just OK, nothing amazing - better coverage and finish than other drugstore pressed powders I've tried, but there are better powders out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2006 10:19:00 PM More reviews by gotluv4MAC

I have purchased this product again and again. It gives your skin a flawless finish. The only thing I dislike is that you have to re-apply every few hours to beat the shine. I use it over MAC's Select SPF15 foundation as a finishing powder. Will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2006 8:56:00 AM More reviews by han01

i like this and the loose, press is more convient for traveling this is shear powder to set your make up oilly girls may want to try something more oil absorbing i think blot powder is good for that i use blot when i use my face and body foundation to tone down the deweyness like every foundation is for diffrent skin types and gives diffrent finish so does powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2006 2:24:00 AM More reviews by flipthecoin888

I've been using this in NC15 for the past 5 years. I like how sheer it is, not at all heavy. My only complaint is it's staying power. I constantly need to touch up because my face becomes oily in a matter of an hour. PPP NC15 for reference, combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2006 2:45:00 AM More reviews by musica07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The powder has a nice, sheer texture. It gives a featherweight and a glowing finish! The only problem I have with this product is that I have to reapply a lot of times because of my oily skin. I think it would work better for those with other skin types.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2006 10:56:00 PM More reviews by neekolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the sales rep gave me nc35 but when i tried it home it was so gross. totally gave me a weird orangey, tan color. i was like, eeww. my face only looked ok under bright white light. so i exchanged it for nc30. it gives me that nice glow and makes it seem like im not even wearing make-up. something only i would notice and keeps everyone else wondering what i did to my face. for winter i think i'll probably go for a lighter shade once my face starts to lighten up again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2006 6:11:00 PM More reviews by sim_loves_makeup

I just purchased this product a week ago. I'm a NC40. I have got to say that this is a great powder! I apply it with a powder brush and it leaves a very smooth, velvety, silky feel to the skin. Update: Ok I realized that the NC40 is too dark for my skintone and it looked a bit orangey in outdoor lighting. So i went back to get a different shade and I got NC35 this time and this one seems to be a lot better. It looks more natural on me now :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2006 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Juicy_TNA

Takes away shine really well although re-applying is needed later on in the day. A good product that I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2006 2:46:00 PM More reviews by iyoon

I use this rather amazing pressed powder in NC20 for my light/medium complexion. It leaves my skin with a nice soft matte and even finish. I'm not sure about how the oil-control compares with Blot but I was looking for a powder that would help even out my complexion on top of concealer and absorb oil throughout the day for touchups. This powder does a great job and I'll definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2006 2:34:00 PM More reviews by vodkabarbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm really impressed with this - goes on nicely with a brush and comes in a good range of shades (I'm using NW5). The powder is milled really fine and lasts well over foundation without caking or creasing. I didn't need to touch up until well past lunchtime but it didn't feel heavy on my skin.
The packaging is also nice and plain and chunky. A good buy!