Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 8/28/2012 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

First let me start by saying this product covers like no other and that is a huge pro for me since I have acne scarring, dark spots, uneven skin tone, etc. Another pro is that this foundation doesn't turn me into an oil slick, or perhaps it controls oil better? I'm not sure but I certainly don't have to blot as much and I've never looked in the mirror and freaked out about what an oily mess I look like. That said, this foundation can be a bit drying. I started a topical prescription for acne and when I paired it with this foundation my skin peeled terribly, however when I used my acne medication with other foundations I didn't have this issue. Also this foundation gives you a terrible white cast in pictures! It's certainly not fit for wedding day makeup. It does last through my work day but just barely, around the time I get home I notice my foundation has worn off in some areas and it starts to get that terrible oily shine. I also have a hard time finding my shade, it's either too dark or too light, or too orange or too pink. I have to mix colors to get my match. All in all this is a good foundation, not perfect, but good.

on 8/28/2012 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was looking for a foundation to replace my mineral foundation, that is bismouthoxychloride free since I read it leads to breakouts. This foundation did not break me out, it covers up my old cystic acne scars pretty well so I don't need concealer, but I do have to pack it on in my scar areas. Only my jawline breaks out the rest of my face is clear, but I tried blending it all over my face for a more even coverage. The finish is matte, it dries quickly and with a powder finish.Buildable coverage; apply with sponge for ligther coverage and with brush on trouble spots for heavier coverage. I was using this as a concealer for a bit it's quite pigmented. Pros it lasted long through my whole work day, I have combination oily skin. Cons: it makes it obvious I am wearing makeup,I don't have large pores, but this seemed to emphasize the pores on my nose and make them notisable not a good look, the result is not natural and the coverage not as good as the mineral makeup (B.E). In the end I went back to my unhealthy mineral makeup for this reason. But this is still the best liquid foundation I have ever tried due to it not making my breakouts worse. The price is a bit steep almost $40, but I think it could last a while, I bought at department store and regret not saving my receipt in order to return it.

on 8/26/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Out of all of the foundations I have tried this one is the absolute best. It has great coverage, staying power, and does not get oily even with out powder. It is a bit pricey ($32 at Dillard's), but it is definitely a foundation I will repurchase again and again. The only cons I would have to say about it is that you have to work fast, it doesn't come with a pump (which would be awesome!), and it does look super matte (using a makeup setting spray will help).

on 8/26/2012 1:23:00 PM

Ive used about a hundred different foundations! I like to try new ones or just happens to be that the old one starts making my face oily. This foundation is one of my favorites, the only con is... It's expensive and runs out quickly. I like the natural look it gives and the wonderful coverage. I'm self concious about my red spots on my face(old acne pigmentation scars) and this seems to cover up wonderfully without making the face oily or cakey. Would highly recommend if you have the budget to keep purchasing this.

on 8/25/2012 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

So before I decided to try EL DW I had tried the EL DW Light first. The reason I did was because I didn't really feel I needed a heavy foundation for my skin. I loved EL DWL, the only problem I had with it was they didn't have a very good color range to choose from. Im pretty fair, so finding a light colored foundation is hard. So I decided to give the EL DW a try instead since they had more of a color range to choose from. Well I wasn't sure that I was gonig to like it because I thought it was a super heavy foundation. Well when I got my tester from Macy's I applied it that night to see how it would look. It wasn't as thick as I thought. I really only need a dime size and It goes a long way. This foundation is great for covering up scares, acne and other hard to cover things on your face. Its also great for people who don't have those problems. I think if you want more coverage you just build it, or use more when applying it the first time. Its a wonderful feeling when applying it and is a Matte finish. It hasn't made me break out yet and does not feel heavy on my skin. So overall this is a wonderful foundation, it may seem like it would be a heavy thick foundation but its not.

on 8/24/2012 9:11:00 AM

Best foundation ever. I have lots of acne scars, need good coverage, and this is excellent. It covers well, lasts all day, and yet doesn't feel heavy at all. I have used this for years now, couldn't be happier!

on 8/21/2012 8:54:00 AM

I love how Estee Lauder double wear foundation feels on my skin like its barely there, I will admit the shades were a little bit confusing but I found my right shade in the end with a little bit of research, for this foundation it also has a screw top lid so I found a little tip from a few beauty blogs saying how you could use the MAC foundation pump which I did do which helped alot as I could manage how much product was going to be used! This foundation is definietly not cheap and is the most expensive I have ever spent on a foundation, I can say its worth it and I would definietly purchase if you are looking for a ful coverage foundation.

on 8/21/2012 5:44:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I recently tried out Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation. I have a hard time finding a foundation that suites my skin type perfectly. I have used Revlon ColorStay for a long time. It's also a good foundation, but it's really thick and doesn't last as long as EL. Mac SFF also didn't work at all. After a few ours it began separating and left bald spots on my face. Estee Lauder is by far the best foundation I have ever tried. It stays on my face all day long, without any touch ups. It's not a thick foundation at all and doesn't look cakey like some foundations do. It doesn't change colour or rub off on clothes. I can swim with it and it won't come off. The packaging is great. I don't prefer a pump so I love the fact that it has no pump. If that bothers you, you can buy a MAC pump, it fits perfectly. The coverage of this foundation is said to be medium. But honestly, I'd say it's more of a full coverage foundation. The coverage is great. It's a bit more expensive than other foundations, but I'd say, for the quality you get, this foundation is definitely worth the money. I'd recommend this foundation to anyone with oily/combination/normal skin. I've heard that it doesn't work well on dry skin.

I would definitely buy this foundation again. It's AMAZING!

on 8/17/2012 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is a good foundation if you need a long lasting, matte, full coverage look. my issue is that it doesn't match the yellowness in my skin. i have it in shell beige which is supposed to be a warm shade. what i do is mix a little of this with my mac studio fix fluid as that foundation quite yellow. i then have a great matte full coverage look that matches my skin perfectly. sometimes i also mix a little with sunblock for light coverage.

on 8/17/2012 10:39:00 AM

I bought this a couple years back hoping that I would find something to cover up my acne. I loved it the first couple of days.. and then I looked at my face when I was outside and I looked AWFUL! My face looked SO cakey and unnatural. The product smells gross and it made me feel greasy. This makeup is good for those who have very uneven skin and need alot of coverage. My skin has transformed completely and I don't really have to wear foundation anymore. I wear it mostly because I want my skin to be matte and I like to have a little bit of color. I really liked the Double Wear Light foundation.. but I found that to be a little too much coverage. Overall, no I would not buy this product again.