December 19, 2014 | 1188 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by PettyBeige

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After trying many different liquid liners, and getting frustrated with pencil and gel liners, I decided while I was Target one day to just try out a cheapy liner. I tend to have sensitive eyes and had the worst luck with pretty much every "expensive" brand's liquid so I figure what's the harm in trying a $2 liner. I got the NYC Jet Black liquid liner and fell in love when I put it on the next day. It doesn't irrtate my eyes, I can get a super precise line, and my little wings look perfect (I'm a junkie for the 40's/50's look.). I will agree that it does take a while to set, but I rather like it because it's easy to take off if you mess up. I have noticed some flaking everyonce and awhile, but I find that this is because too much product is building up. Quick fix: don't put so much on! I would be so lost without this liner!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by missprisspink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've went through nearly 2 tubes of this, I use it because it's cheap and works for me. At first I was upset because it was all squigly on my eyelid but once you get used to a steady hand; it goes straight. I bring it with me incase I need to touch it up. It lasts for quite a while; but if you rub your eyes and such you'll need it for touch-ups. It says it dries very fast but I didn't find it did. It takes like one minute to dry. Sometimes the product comes up to the top and bubbles up there so you have to force it down or wait, because if you don't it will flow over and go everywhere when you put the cap on. If you have a very shaky hand or can't co-ordinate your hands then try a felt tip one instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by KAIMILK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this liner because one of my favorite youtubers (iwantedbethany/iwanted2c1video) always uses this liquid liner, and I love it! NYC products really are a hit or miss, but this was definitely a HIT for me. I actually would recommend someone who is just starting with liquid liner to get this because of the price, but of course it would take a bit of practice. Practice makes perfect!

Although it takes a while to dry, it doesn't really bother me. I love the brush it comes with, it's stiff enough to be precise, and not as flimsy as other liquid eyeliner brushes. Since the brush is thin, it's easy to do precise lines and winging out liner.

I personally have had no problems with flaking, but I always use UDPP and eyeshadow underneath. However, I wouldn't recommend this if you have watery eyes.

I also love how opaque this liner is, a true black. It also dries COMPLETELY matte, which I love. Other liners I have tried usually dry a bit shiny.

I totally recommend this! You got nothing to lose!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Amscee

I have this eyeliner in Pearlized Black, which is black with very small (and usually unnoticeable) bits of shimmer. The brush works very well to deliver a straight, thin line of colour across the lash line. My one complaint is that it can take a while to dry, which is good if you make a mistake and need to correct it, but if you blink, you risk smudging black across your eyelid. Once it dries, though, it stays on all day, but is still easy to take off with makeup remover. I think it is only about $3 at Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by charlenebug53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this several times from Target for less than $2, and I think it's amazing. It goes on very smoothly, doesn't flake or fade, and doesn't smudge. It lasts all day. I've found it can be a little hard to put on, because if you blink while it's still wet you get a crease, but a q-tip takes care of that. Love, and always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

Okay I admit I wanted to try this eyeliner out after I read on beautybroadcast.net(Emily Noel's blog) that Megan Fox loves this eyeliner.While I think that Megan wears too much makeup,I'm always interested to know what makeup celebrities like.And since this was so cheap,I figured why not? And thank you Emily for posting the entry on it and for Megan for liking it,because this liner is FANTASTIC! And so cheap.It has such a thin applicator which is perfect because I like to achieve a precise line that is close to the lash line and thick applicators are pretty hard to achieve that with.It has greta pigmentation and it applies so smoothly. Love it.What a steal.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 6:21:00 AM More reviews by boo_hiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this eyeliner based off a Youtube review and I don't really like it. I've been using Revlon Colorstay liquid liner, which I LOVE, but I thought this one is so cheap, why not try it too. I definitely prefer the Colorstay felt tip style to this flimsy paintbrush style. I like thin eyeliner brushes for gel liners but not liquid. This also does not seem to be as deep of a black as Revlon. I might keep the brush, just to use it for my gel liners but I wasn't blown away by this formula. It just made me like Revlon more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by CourtneyEuphoric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have been using this liner for at least 10 yrz i love it it was hard to use at first i had never used liquid liner befor now its the only one i can use i loved the lines and because they are so prominent they have to be perfect i find it flakes when you put way to much on like to many layers of it but most of the time its great i watched a consumer report comparing brands of makeup drugstore to department store when the got to liquid liner it was said you couldnt really tell the difference between them the difference is applicator i love this liner

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by gothicauthor

I'd never had much luck with liquid liners before, but on a whim, I decided to try them again last year. I started with NYC; for $1.99, you can't go wrong, right?

Well, at first, it was fine. The color was great, the brush wasn't bad... but two hours after I finished applying it, it started flaking. I tried layering it some more to see if that would help, but it actually started flaking even faster.

Overall, not a fan! I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This is by far the best liquid liner I have ever tried, its my HG and its perfect. I love this because its cheap, it doesn't take a lot of effort to get a thin or thick line or the perfect cat eye. Also, its great for concealing false lash bands and it lasts all day without smudging or flaking. If I would have seen the reviews before I purchased this I would not have bothered trying at all. I have tried many liquid liners by Revlon, L'oreal, Wet N' Wild, MAC, etc.... and all of them did not work for me and eventually I just gave them away- also even though my eyes are not sensitive many liquid liners would make my eyes water and this one does not :) I stumbled upon this while shopping one day, and for $2.00 I thought I would give another liner a try and I'm so pleased that I did. I have been using it since July and still adore it! N.Y.C is one of my favorite brands for many items, you don't need to spend a ton of cash on High End brands to look gorgeous.