New York Color Liquid Eyeliner

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/13/2010 3:20:00 PM

this is how ur experience will go:

When i first put it on I was so impressed! the brush was so thin and flexible, i got a really natural and clean looking line, which is what i love in a liquid liner. I noticed it took a long time to dry but then i used a Q tip to wipe away the transfer (because i have hooded lids). THEN it dried so i curledmy lashes and put on mascara. That's when the hell started. if the eyelash curler or mascara wand even touches it just a little, it completely flakes off! ARG! so now if i wanna use this, i need to apply after i put on mascara. so not conveiniant. and, even then by the end of the day dont expect it to be fully intact.

do not get this. spend a few more bucks and go with revlon colorstay's liquid liner

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

More like a 2.5. When I first tried this product I was new to liquid eyeliner and didn't really like it. After getting used to using it I like it. The brush is thin and gives a nice precise line. I find that I have to constantly dip it back into the container to get more product (probably a total of 3-4 times per eye-don't know if it's normal). The main problem I have with this product is that it makes me eyes itch a little bit so then I rub my eyes and it flakes off. Other than that its a good product for an inexpensive price and I will try to use it up but will not repurchase because it is irritating.

on 4/3/2010 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

First off, I'm terrible with liquid eyeliner and I absolutely despise it so my review is incredibly biased.
Pros:
- Dirt cheap
- Super black and opaque
Cons:
- You get what you pay for. Actually not even that's true. You get less than what you pay for.
- Flakes after about an hour
- Takes forever to dry
- The brush picks up more product than you want
Overall, it's bad. The only reason I don't give it one lippie is cause I do use it, just not on my eyes. It works okay to decorate your nails. I don't want to waste my good eyeliner on my nails, so I guess I don't regret buying.

on 3/28/2010 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I admit, I bought this eyeliner just because I saw from a magazine that this was MEGAN FOX'S FAVOURITE EYELINER (and you know, she's always got really nice back cat eye winged out eye liner?? yea??) So... I tried this and...I am actually pleased with it! The tip is really easy to work with... the product doesn't get messy in my eyes...and it does dry quickly to my eyes. I don't know why some people say it takes forever to dry? Well, I usually line with a black eye pencil first (just really quick...doesn't have to be neat, just so my liquid eyeliner has a base)... and then I apply this liquid liner! Works amazing!!! The blackness of this eyeliner is gorgeous. Will definitely buy this product again.

on 3/26/2010 5:58:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product. After a few days of using it, i just couldn't get myself to like it. It flaked on me by mid day and I don't have the energy to stop in the middle of the day to fix my makeup. Product returned back so I can get my $ back.

I reaaaaally like this stuff;
You put it on in the morning it stays on ALL day;
It can get a little flakey but if you set it with a shadow its doesnt flake;
Hope this helps :]

on 3/21/2010 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I like this liquid liner because i like thin lines and its so easy to do with the little brush. It's even easy to slant it so u can make a cat eye. But i guess if you like thick creamy liner this isnt the one for you because it can be a little watery. But I say if you use it right you will get your $2-$3 worth. I never had any problem with flaking when I used it and I think I might go back to using it because I haven't had the same level of satisfaction with my other liquid liners.

on 3/15/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Wow this is by far the worst eye liner i have ever tried wether it be pencil, cream, gel, or liquid. First, it takes FOREVER to dry. I literally put this on and i have to either close my eyes or look downward for a good 2 minutes to prevent the tiniest amount from getting on the skin of my eye. Second, it flakes like no other. I wear contact lenses so i do touch my eyes but even if you slightly brush the area that has eyeliner on it, it will crumble and flake all around your eyes and that is so not sexy. Third, the packaging looks ok but when you go to use the product, the packaging is crap. The handle is too short and the actual brush is too long to maneuver the brush and it ends up taking me forever to draw a nice line. If you are new to liquid eyeliners you will be scared of liquid eyeliner after you use this. Seriously, get something else that is better. Also, another thing i hate is that the formula is too watery so when you go put the stuff on, you need to layer it so that it doesn't streak, and of course, if you put another layer on top, its going to take an extra FOREVER to dry. So again, go get something else that isn't so much of a hassle. The only thing i like about it is that it dries to a matte finish. Its not going to look like a leather strip on your lashline.

PROS:
matte finish

CONS:
takes way too long to dry
flakes like no other
crappy packaging
formula is too watery

For around 2 bucks, go get a pack of gum.

on 3/13/2010 2:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Horrible. It takes too long to dry and starts to flake up after only a few hours.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

The brush tip is nice and makes goo lines. But it takes a while to dry and irritates the eye. Its not easy to get off which is a good thing because i get watery eyes during the day. I woul'nt but it again,but its ok.