April 21, 2014 | 955 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by shaesquared

This eyeliner really is half decent! I have the shimmery black version of this, and I like the colour. The brush is alright, but it does get streaky. I definitely have a problem with this product flaking, which is the main reason why I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Ayustar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was $2.49 and I wasn't expecting anything out of it. I really needed liquid liner and I was broke. There were two of them, a regular black one and a shimmery black one. I eventually got the shimmery one, in addtion to the regular black one.

I am wearing it right now! Right now I can afford a better liner but really, this stuff is FANTASTIC. I am surprised. Both of them are awesome. I do put a layer of black eyeshadow on top to give it some more punch and so that the eye shadow I am wearing doesn't migrate. I don't mind taking an extra step to make sure it looks good, I enjoy putting makeup on and really, it's not a hassle.

So yes, I would buy them again.Though, I am looking for an eyeliner that is very dark and sorta shiny. I want to look into the brand called Blinc to see if they have good liner. I haven't seen any reviews on here for it though.

Anyways, it applies nicely, the brush is pretty decent, the color payoff is really good. I usually have to put two coats on, which is pretty typical of liquid liner *at least for me.* The price is awesome!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by LadyG13

this flakes off after 10 minutes-i hate it. i expected a lot more out of this because i generally love NYC. BUT i saw another user just used pencil first and then the liner, so i will do the same until i run out of this....crap!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by mspung

I bought this in Jet Black.

I got it super cheap as a sort of practice tool to perfect my liquid eyeliner skill. I do not think this is a great product at all but i would repurchase because its dirt cheap (keep it around as an emergency when my reg. eyeliner isn't avail.)

Color: The Jet black comes out like streaky jet black but sets to a dull black

Application: Long skinny bristles. comes out streaky, not at all a smooth line. I like to line my lids w/ a thick line and had to go over my original line 2x to get it black

Result: fine at first, then flakes

Some Advice: ...if you want it to stay longer i find that lining your eye w/ a good black pencil helps the liquid stay longer/less flake but its kind of a pain

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Hoebilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eyeliner, I have not had another eyeliner besides a brow pencil in my makeup bag for years. I find it very surprising to read that other people have problems with this product flaking, because in the many years I have used it I have never had an issue with flaking. The only circumstance I can think of for cracking, is applying more mascara or curling my lashes after the liner has dried, and I just paint over the crack and im good all day. I use the 'Jet Black' color, and love how dark and jet black it actually is, it makes my eyes pop. And I find the brush a godsend, I actually have a much harder time using the felt tipped liners, I am able to draw on a cateye line perfectly, everyday. I think I could even do it blindfolded, ahaha. I would reccomend this product to anybody, and at under $3 CDN a tube, I will continue to buy and use this product until it (knock on wood) becomes discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by allyshrn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is my favvvvvvv eyeliner! its the darkest black, and easy to apply and its cheap. i never use ne other eyeliner now, its the best! i have no idea how ne one could say nething bad about this cuz i have been using this for years and have never had a problem!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by diordoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE! when you apply it it looks amazing for about 10 minutes. It flakes off in no time, leaves fall out, and looks disgusting! DO NOT BUY THIS!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by blessed11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I looove the tiny brush, the dark color, and the CHEAP price!
...but it does flake if you try to put eyeshadow over it or try to smudge it.
So I have mixed feelings :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by mellowkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a cheap liquid liner, for daily wear (I use the more expensive stuff for special nights and more professional application).
I read "thin applicator" and jumped on the chance to buy it. However when I got home I was dissapointed to see it was a brush. Felt pen tips are WAY easier to handle.

I got it in Jetblack and the product itself was pretty ok. No complaints really, but the application took me much longer then usual to get it right.
I suggest having a q-tip handy to fix up mistakes during applying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by cutiejunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is by far the best drugstore eyeliner i've tried. I use to use the Wet 'N Wild one and that one really clumps and flakes. so i decided to go to Rite-Aid today and came across this one. I was desparate for a liquid liner and i don't like spending alot on liquid eyeliners because I use it everyday. and it runs out pretty fast for me. so i decided to buy this one, since it's only two dollars.

Product Review:
It goes on really pigmented. I got this in "Jet Black" and it does come out a really pigmented black. no flaking, no smudging, and i did a swatch on my hand, i had to rub it extremely hard, and it doesn't smudge, it just comes off slowly.

I really like this and will keep repurchasing. it has impressed me.