New York Color Liquid Eyeliner

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Its soooo cheap and easy to apply. But I only wear it at short events. When it dries it just flakes off!

absolutely hate this product. when it dries up, it breaks into pieces and falls off.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is the best eyeliner for the money. I've been using this for years--it is so inexpensive that I have one tucked away in each purse, my travel cases and my make-up table. The slim brush makes it virtually fool-proof to draw an even line along your eye.

One caveat. I use this only on the top lids. On the bottom lids, I use a pencil because of the smudge quality. I DO use the NYC brand pencil as well.

In this economy, I have to pick and choose what I spend money on. Luckily, because of this liner, I can spend more on other products.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Starting with the good of this product -- I really really love the brush applicator. For me, it's the perfect length and the brush gives me that perfect line exactly where I need it. The brush is easy to control, even if my hands are a little shaky. Additionally, I love the how opaque the color is. Just one swipe, and the color is rich and there is no need for me to go over the line again.

Now for the bad. The actual formula is cheap. It dries up and flakes really easily. Sometimes, when I'm curling my eyelashes, the eyelash curler will rub off some of the eyeliner and I have to reapply. As the day goes on, the eyeliner flakes off -- especially if you've winged your eyeliner out at all. I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but the packaging is also cheap and sub-par. Sometimes, the eyeliner would spurt out of the tube, leaving sticky black globs of eyeliner everywhere.

Overall, it's a decent product. I'd use it again since I'm on such a tight budget and it's CHEAP! If you can afford it, I'd recommend buying a better eyeliner and just using the brush from this product.

This eyeliner is no good at all. The brush is fine and easy to use, but the actual product is poor. It flakes off after an hour. Just spend the extra money and get a good eyeliner, no one wants patchy looking eyeliner. I only paid 45 cents for this and I still regret buying.

I bought this because I love MAC Liquidlast for the brush applicator. While the formula is no where near as long lasting or pigmented as MAC, the brush is very good. I feel like it gives me more control and a neater application than the felt tips you usually find on DS liners.

I have been using this eyeliner for about 5 years now. It is the only eye liner I will buy because no other liquid eye liners truly compare. ( and TRUST me, I have tried many different brands/types of eye liners ) this goes on amazing, it goes on thick and it literally lasts all day long, even when I accidentally rub my eyes this eye liner does not smudge. I can see why people might have trouble applying this eye liner because of its long handle and it has a brush oppose to a felt tip but I find this to be a much easier way to apply, I never have to fix the lines and edges with a Q-tip so I think application might just take some getting used to with most people. You can't beat this price and quality, Its the only liquid eye liner I will purchase and I swear by it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is AWSOME/SUCKS. I will confess that as much as I love the way this GOES on is wonderful the way it disappears is so sad : ( What I do is I use the BRUSH on this and dip it into a good eyeliner like Prestige liquid eyeliner which btw burns the S^&% out of my eyes but oh well. lol The staying power sucks but the brush gives me the best line I ever had including ones done by pro eyeliner brushes. I can toss the product and just keep the brush because the brush would get messed up so quickly. In conclusion, try out the brush!

This is a cheap liquid eyeliner, so if you need something for cheap then get this. I use it when I don't need anything that works real well. Unfortunately it's really watery and doesn't give good coverage so you have to go over it a couple times. It does tend to flake by the end of the day, especially if you touch your eyes. Once this one is used up I won't be buying another.

I really like this stuff. I only wish the brush was a bit shorter. It definitely had the longest brush I've tried. The formula is fantastic though. I have it in Jet black and it's a very dark true black color. Lasts all day with no flaking or fading. Cute packaging and the price it's great at about $2. Will absolutely repurchase! Great liner!