October 21, 2014 | 1922 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i did not like it all it was flaky.

nikki

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by h20liliz

I have read somewhere that Megan Fox loves this product. I've also seen great reviews on Youtube regarding this eyeliner. So I decided to give it a try.

As far as function goes, I think this liner lives up to its claims. The small, tapered brush makes it possible for a perfect, precise line. The staying power is fine. I have had no problems with fading or smudging. This might be obvious but in case some ppl are unclear about this, DO NOT line your waterline with liquid liner. It's neither safe nor hygenic.

For $2.99 CAD, I think it's well worth the try. NYC liquid liners come in a variety of shades. Some of their brighter colors (bronze, green, blue) would be fun to experiment with for special events/parties.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by jacwinks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have yet to find an eyeliner that is as good as this product. The product goes on easy and stays on all day. You surely can't beat the price and I will never be without this liner!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Queeniie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner ! It stays all day for a 3$ eyeliner :O The only thing i dont like about it , its just that we dont have a lot of control because the >> thing << ; forgot the name , is too long ..

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by beamer410

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After looking searching around for the blackest liquid liner I found myself standing in rite aid lucky enough to be smack in front of a BOGO sign for NYC! So my 1.99 line just got slashed in half! So I have no complaints in the price dept. When I got home the 1st thing I did was swatch the liner & I fell in love with the rich black color (jet black). I was a bit afraid of the brush cause I'm more of a felt tip liner kinda girl. As soon as I applied it to my lid all apprehension went out the window. The very thin brush glided very easily across the lid & went on evenly & was suprisingly easy to wing it out. I was about to blow up the MUA board singing the praises of this extremely easy, black & cheap liner. I'm glad I waited... I was sorely disappointed by the lasting power of this liner. A few hrs later I started to see some flakes but I told myself for my next application I'm gonna use my trusty TFSI & MAC PP to avoid the same problem. The next day I used my double primer technique & it helped but not really. It just prolonged the inevitable. After about 6 hrs my under eye area was a mess. The next day I used my dbl primer plus I secured the liner with matte black shadow. It still gave me flakes & after a long day I also had gaps in the liner where it had just faded completely. So overall I loved the color but the staying power sucks. Its just 2 much work to make it stay in place. I'm glad it only really cost me 99 cents. And on the upside with my BOGO I got a lipgloss that I've been wearing everyday! (FYI its NYC Sheer Ruby Gloss its luv : )

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Vulrina

this product is only 2 dollars, so i didnt expect much. before i bought it. i had been using one with a felt tip brush, and i hated it. it was to stiff and hard to control. so i tried this and I'm in love! it has a brush applicator, so the flexibility makes it very easy to use. I always had problems making straight, even lines with my old one, this one was just so easy and natural tho! I got the color of Pearlized Black, which is black, with a hint of metallic shimmer. It so cute! it isnt as harsh as black is, so you dont look really goth. instead of closing off ur eyes, the reflects make it enhance your eyes and brighten them. I have heard complaints of it flaking and cracking, but i have never had this issue, however i always have an eyeshadow primer on underneath, so that might help :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by ilm223

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like the brush on this. It's like a mini paint brush and is too difficult to draw a line with.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 4:32:00 AM More reviews by heathercadlaon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product seems to be a hit or miss depending on the user. In my opinion I love this liquid eyeliner and for a price of only $1.99, it does a lot. The brush applicator is great and I find it easier than using felt-tipped applicators like Revlon's liquid eyeliner. I've tried Jet Black and Pearlized Black, both great colors. Pearlized Black is more subtle and Jet Black is more intense. Though many have complained about the liner cracking, its all about the way you use it. For me, I use a primer first and sometimes use a regular eyeliner prior to applying the liquid eyeliner. I get minimal/no cracking by doing this. Overall great product and I'll buy it again for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by kimmiem231

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

i have to admit i only bought this cause i heard its the one megan fox uses lol its not the easiest application so i dont recomend it if your new to liquids but i actually like this i dont wear liquid eyeliner too often but when i do its ussually this plus 2$ how can you beat that : )

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by lilixduh

I love this eyeliner. This is the first liquid eyeliner i ever bought and immediately fell in love with it. Although i have tried other pricier products from revlon to mac i still prefer this one. It's easy to apply, lasts for a long time and dries fast. I will definitely buy this product again and again.