November 23, 2014 | 1142 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Amscee

I have this eyeliner in Pearlized Black, which is black with very small (and usually unnoticeable) bits of shimmer. The brush works very well to deliver a straight, thin line of colour across the lash line. My one complaint is that it can take a while to dry, which is good if you make a mistake and need to correct it, but if you blink, you risk smudging black across your eyelid. Once it dries, though, it stays on all day, but is still easy to take off with makeup remover. I think it is only about $3 at Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by charlenebug53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this several times from Target for less than $2, and I think it's amazing. It goes on very smoothly, doesn't flake or fade, and doesn't smudge. It lasts all day. I've found it can be a little hard to put on, because if you blink while it's still wet you get a crease, but a q-tip takes care of that. Love, and always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

Okay I admit I wanted to try this eyeliner out after I read on beautybroadcast.net(Emily Noel's blog) that Megan Fox loves this eyeliner.While I think that Megan wears too much makeup,I'm always interested to know what makeup celebrities like.And since this was so cheap,I figured why not? And thank you Emily for posting the entry on it and for Megan for liking it,because this liner is FANTASTIC! And so cheap.It has such a thin applicator which is perfect because I like to achieve a precise line that is close to the lash line and thick applicators are pretty hard to achieve that with.It has greta pigmentation and it applies so smoothly. Love it.What a steal.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 6:21:00 AM More reviews by boo_hiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this eyeliner based off a Youtube review and I don't really like it. I've been using Revlon Colorstay liquid liner, which I LOVE, but I thought this one is so cheap, why not try it too. I definitely prefer the Colorstay felt tip style to this flimsy paintbrush style. I like thin eyeliner brushes for gel liners but not liquid. This also does not seem to be as deep of a black as Revlon. I might keep the brush, just to use it for my gel liners but I wasn't blown away by this formula. It just made me like Revlon more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by CourtneyEuphoric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have been using this liner for at least 10 yrz i love it it was hard to use at first i had never used liquid liner befor now its the only one i can use i loved the lines and because they are so prominent they have to be perfect i find it flakes when you put way to much on like to many layers of it but most of the time its great i watched a consumer report comparing brands of makeup drugstore to department store when the got to liquid liner it was said you couldnt really tell the difference between them the difference is applicator i love this liner

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by gothicauthor

I'd never had much luck with liquid liners before, but on a whim, I decided to try them again last year. I started with NYC; for $1.99, you can't go wrong, right?

Well, at first, it was fine. The color was great, the brush wasn't bad... but two hours after I finished applying it, it started flaking. I tried layering it some more to see if that would help, but it actually started flaking even faster.

Overall, not a fan! I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This is by far the best liquid liner I have ever tried, its my HG and its perfect. I love this because its cheap, it doesn't take a lot of effort to get a thin or thick line or the perfect cat eye. Also, its great for concealing false lash bands and it lasts all day without smudging or flaking. If I would have seen the reviews before I purchased this I would not have bothered trying at all. I have tried many liquid liners by Revlon, L'oreal, Wet N' Wild, MAC, etc.... and all of them did not work for me and eventually I just gave them away- also even though my eyes are not sensitive many liquid liners would make my eyes water and this one does not :) I stumbled upon this while shopping one day, and for $2.00 I thought I would give another liner a try and I'm so pleased that I did. I have been using it since July and still adore it! N.Y.C is one of my favorite brands for many items, you don't need to spend a ton of cash on High End brands to look gorgeous.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i did not like it all it was flaky.

nikki

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by h20liliz

I have read somewhere that Megan Fox loves this product. I've also seen great reviews on Youtube regarding this eyeliner. So I decided to give it a try.

As far as function goes, I think this liner lives up to its claims. The small, tapered brush makes it possible for a perfect, precise line. The staying power is fine. I have had no problems with fading or smudging. This might be obvious but in case some ppl are unclear about this, DO NOT line your waterline with liquid liner. It's neither safe nor hygenic.

For $2.99 CAD, I think it's well worth the try. NYC liquid liners come in a variety of shades. Some of their brighter colors (bronze, green, blue) would be fun to experiment with for special events/parties.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by jacwinks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have yet to find an eyeliner that is as good as this product. The product goes on easy and stays on all day. You surely can't beat the price and I will never be without this liner!!