February 1, 2015 | 1005 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am in love. Seriously. I heard about this liner from Danalajeunesse from youtube and gave it a try. I was simply amazed. I've been using this liner for about 3 weeks and don't have a bad thing to say at all. It is my new favorite, especially for $2 at Target. I will say that this liner is not for beginners. It's for someone who has been using liquid liner for quite some time and knows the "tricks". The "brush" is a more 'soft' plastic tip than actual brush, but the overall liner consistency is smooth, not watery or thick/goopey like other liquids I've tried.

I've read that some people have complained of flaking, but I haven't had that problem. I always use a primer, which could be why, but maybe someone used wayy more liner than needed. Any liner will flake if too much is used. The liner is not to blame, its the user :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted a liquid eyeliner, but I didn't want to pay $10 just for one makeup product. I saw this at Rite Aid for about $2 and decided to give it a try.
...
I've always had trouble getting an even line, but this brush makes it really easy for me! The brush is made of a few hairs, and is pretty thin (not like a "marker" tip). I lay the brush right against my lashes to get that perfectly thin, subtle line. While I am able to get a thin line, I find it difficult to make thicker lines or "winged" tips.
...
The downside is that the formula is a bit runny and not the blackest black. You sometimes have to go back and touch up parts of the line. If you rub your eyes throughout the day, the liner can flake, so you'll have to be careful not to touch your eyes too much. This might be a problem if your lids are not smooth or have a fold close to the lash line.
OVERALL
PROS
-great liner for those on a budget
-good for thin lines
-quick, easy application
CONS
-formula is a bit runny at times
-the liner tends to flake if you rub your eyes
-thin brush makes thicker lines and wings harder to do

I would definitely buy this product again. The quality might be mediocre, but it's worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by bartley7

I've been using this eyeliner for years. I tried to switch to an ulta-brand felt tip eyeliner and just couldn't do it. This product is great and WILL NOT FLAKE if you know how to apply it. If you apply too much then yeah it will flake. I put on either a thin layer or use my old ulta felt tip applicator to spread it and I get great results. I wear this every day and it's still there by night. It won't last through crying or washing your face because it isn't waterproof but it has only smudged if I rub my eyes or something like that. Overall I love this product and for the price you can't beat it. More expensive options just really aren't necessary.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by jubeywho

I like that the applicator for this is a skinny brush, i prefer that to what i call 'marker tips'. Its easy to use, but the downside is that it does flake for me, which makes its lasting power not so awesome.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awful........flakes up and falls onto your face after it dries.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by ohsoglam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not bad for a cheapy. Just make sure to shake it up. I like the precision of brush because it's nice and thin so you can make a super thin line or a big, thick line. Over all, it's pretty good. I would re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by IzzeRamen

This liquid eyeliner is pretty average. I wasn't too impressed. I thought the eyeliner is a little too long for me and not too precise. The formula also flakes the moment it dries. I think its an okay product for the price (you also get a lot of product) but the many times my makeup was ruined because it flaked has made me consider looking into another eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by PettyBeige

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After trying many different liquid liners, and getting frustrated with pencil and gel liners, I decided while I was Target one day to just try out a cheapy liner. I tend to have sensitive eyes and had the worst luck with pretty much every "expensive" brand's liquid so I figure what's the harm in trying a $2 liner. I got the NYC Jet Black liquid liner and fell in love when I put it on the next day. It doesn't irrtate my eyes, I can get a super precise line, and my little wings look perfect (I'm a junkie for the 40's/50's look.). I will agree that it does take a while to set, but I rather like it because it's easy to take off if you mess up. I have noticed some flaking everyonce and awhile, but I find that this is because too much product is building up. Quick fix: don't put so much on! I would be so lost without this liner!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by missprisspink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've went through nearly 2 tubes of this, I use it because it's cheap and works for me. At first I was upset because it was all squigly on my eyelid but once you get used to a steady hand; it goes straight. I bring it with me incase I need to touch it up. It lasts for quite a while; but if you rub your eyes and such you'll need it for touch-ups. It says it dries very fast but I didn't find it did. It takes like one minute to dry. Sometimes the product comes up to the top and bubbles up there so you have to force it down or wait, because if you don't it will flow over and go everywhere when you put the cap on. If you have a very shaky hand or can't co-ordinate your hands then try a felt tip one instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by KAIMILK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this liner because one of my favorite youtubers (iwantedbethany/iwanted2c1video) always uses this liquid liner, and I love it! NYC products really are a hit or miss, but this was definitely a HIT for me. I actually would recommend someone who is just starting with liquid liner to get this because of the price, but of course it would take a bit of practice. Practice makes perfect!

Although it takes a while to dry, it doesn't really bother me. I love the brush it comes with, it's stiff enough to be precise, and not as flimsy as other liquid eyeliner brushes. Since the brush is thin, it's easy to do precise lines and winging out liner.

I personally have had no problems with flaking, but I always use UDPP and eyeshadow underneath. However, I wouldn't recommend this if you have watery eyes.

I also love how opaque this liner is, a true black. It also dries COMPLETELY matte, which I love. Other liners I have tried usually dry a bit shiny.

I totally recommend this! You got nothing to lose!