New York Color Liquid Eyeliner

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/6/2010 11:48:00 AM

I really like this stuff. I only wish the brush was a bit shorter. It definitely had the longest brush I've tried. The formula is fantastic though. I have it in Jet black and it's a very dark true black color. Lasts all day with no flaking or fading. Cute packaging and the price it's great at about $2. Will absolutely repurchase! Great liner!

on 4/29/2010 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

It's an okay liquid eyeliner. It has a small brush which will give you a precise line. But it does take a while to dry, and it will get flaky.

on 4/29/2010 4:54:00 PM

I love this eyeliner, very black and i just need to put it on with just one stroke.
Mine doesn't dry out i've had it for like a couple months now and theres still alot of product.

The only thing i don't like is the long brush handle..
Can't get the best control over it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Wanted to like this... but no. The only good thing about this liner is that it has a brush applicator and its dirt cheap. The formula was very see-through, so I had to layer it for a solid line, or dip the brush 3x for each eye. When it dried, it was also very flaky. The narrow neck of the reservoir also bent the bristles on the brush. If you want a good DS liquid liner with a brush tip, try the Wet N Wild one instead.

on 4/21/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think for the price this is a great product. I picked it up at CVS for the buy one get one free sale because I've never used liquid eyeliner and figured at this price I can practice using it and then buy a better one. For $1.99 it really isn't bad. It does take forever to dry but I wore it twice for about 4 or 5 hours and it didn't flake on me. So I give it a 3 because it had good staying power and was dirt cheap. I wouldn't buy again though.

Eventually the liner begins to crack.

on 4/13/2010 3:20:00 PM

this is how ur experience will go:

When i first put it on I was so impressed! the brush was so thin and flexible, i got a really natural and clean looking line, which is what i love in a liquid liner. I noticed it took a long time to dry but then i used a Q tip to wipe away the transfer (because i have hooded lids). THEN it dried so i curledmy lashes and put on mascara. That's when the hell started. if the eyelash curler or mascara wand even touches it just a little, it completely flakes off! ARG! so now if i wanna use this, i need to apply after i put on mascara. so not conveiniant. and, even then by the end of the day dont expect it to be fully intact.

do not get this. spend a few more bucks and go with revlon colorstay's liquid liner

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

More like a 2.5. When I first tried this product I was new to liquid eyeliner and didn't really like it. After getting used to using it I like it. The brush is thin and gives a nice precise line. I find that I have to constantly dip it back into the container to get more product (probably a total of 3-4 times per eye-don't know if it's normal). The main problem I have with this product is that it makes me eyes itch a little bit so then I rub my eyes and it flakes off. Other than that its a good product for an inexpensive price and I will try to use it up but will not repurchase because it is irritating.

on 4/3/2010 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

First off, I'm terrible with liquid eyeliner and I absolutely despise it so my review is incredibly biased.
Pros:
- Dirt cheap
- Super black and opaque
Cons:
- You get what you pay for. Actually not even that's true. You get less than what you pay for.
- Flakes after about an hour
- Takes forever to dry
- The brush picks up more product than you want
Overall, it's bad. The only reason I don't give it one lippie is cause I do use it, just not on my eyes. It works okay to decorate your nails. I don't want to waste my good eyeliner on my nails, so I guess I don't regret buying.

on 3/28/2010 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I admit, I bought this eyeliner just because I saw from a magazine that this was MEGAN FOX'S FAVOURITE EYELINER (and you know, she's always got really nice back cat eye winged out eye liner?? yea??) So... I tried this and...I am actually pleased with it! The tip is really easy to work with... the product doesn't get messy in my eyes...and it does dry quickly to my eyes. I don't know why some people say it takes forever to dry? Well, I usually line with a black eye pencil first (just really quick...doesn't have to be neat, just so my liquid eyeliner has a base)... and then I apply this liquid liner! Works amazing!!! The blackness of this eyeliner is gorgeous. Will definitely buy this product again.