September 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by simplisticcindy

Just bought a tube of this concealer and I love it. Previously I've tried Mac Pro Longwear concealer and it cannot compare to this. I thought since I loved the DW foundation so why not try their concealer. Sure enough, it turned out so much better than I had expected. I used Desert Beige in DW foundation so I bought this is in Light-Medium and they matched perfectly with each other.

Update: They recently came out with more shades. If you're a Desert Beige in DW, I would recommend you get the Warm Light-Medium shade which is #8 I believe instead of #2 as #2(Light-Medium) has more of a pink tone to it. #8 has more of a yellow tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by sarahrahrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best concealer I have ever tried. It doesn't crease or fade throughout the day so touch-ups aren't necessary. Also contains SPF. Limited shade selection. Pricey, but one tube lasts me a whole year.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 7:43:00 AM More reviews by hana86

In the past, I've owned MAC studio fix concealer, Maybelline dream mousse concealer, Bobbi Brown concealer and so forth. In addition, I've used Estee Lauder's double wear foundation in the past! (was my favourite, especially when I was in high school with acne scars etc; now the coverage is too heavy for me)

I recently sampled this product and I'm not entirely overwhelmed by the product. It's been raved and everything, but I don't know what's so good about it. I love the foundation (double wear), I think it works extremely well... but this.. I don't know.. it didn't cover as well..

So then, I went to Shu Uemura's counter and got a pro concealer! much better (I was tossing between this and EL's). Shu Uemura's concealer is heavy duty, a real pro concealer.. this thing really covers well. I could just go with wearing only this product on my face. EL... mmm.. so so.. I wouldn't BUY it... if somebody gave it to me, I'd use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is currently my No. 1 concealer for the eye area because of:

(1) its perfect liquid consistency for application and blending;

(2) its effective but natural coverage;

(3) its long wear;

(4) its inability to settle into creases.

Using the applicator wand, I dab on a teardrop.

Then I spread it with a concealer brush, concentrating just on the darkness (up a little, down, then out a little to the side - rather than doing an around the eyes raccoon placement).

To finish I pat and blend with my ring finger until it's undetectable from my own skin.

If you like Lancome Effacernes, as I do, try this for comparison. I think Double Wear covers a little better and sticks around longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by eva8899

This stuff really let me down. I purchased this with Estee Lauders Nutritious foundation. I was hoping this would help conceal the acne scars I have on my cheeks. Unfortunately, this product is ORANGE. I have the lightest color and it makes my cheeks just look orange even without a lot of prouct. I also noticed that it doesn't last long on areas with movement- my chin. I smile and talk all day and notice that the makeup on my chin looks splotchy by the end of the day regardless of how much or how little I use. I'm going to MAC tomorrow to try their concealers and hoping for better results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

It's great for covering my dark circles & flat pimples. It can get a little cakey, so make sure your skin is nicely moisturized beforehand and don't use a heavy hand!

It thickens up and sets well, so I usually let it sit on a pimple for a minute before blending w/my finger or brush. If you have a scabby zit to cover, you'll probably need something a little thicker than this liquid.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by wicksbenegas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mom got a (big) sample of this in a gift with purchase a while back and said she loves it more than any other product she has used. Macy's had a gift with purchase so I figured I'd try this and get some free stuff to boot (free makeup is always a good thing). Now I love it too! HG concealer for us both. I got the light/med and it blends in perfectly. I've checked it in every light (except photographs). I can even wear it alone with no foundation. It is creamy but not oily at all. It doesn't sink into lines, but just kinda floats. It covers better than any other concealer that I've used, but feels ther lightest; I can't even feel it on. And it lasts a long time. The saleslady at the counter said it lasts 12 hours. Being the skeptic that I am, I thought "Suuuure it does." Well, it does. I will defintely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

I bought this in light (only shade that came available) in a holiday kit it came as a double ended tube the other side being eyelash primer. The shade was rather light for me to use after foundation so i tried a little under my foundation (under eyes) just to see how it looked and if I could get away with using it and believe it or not, I CAN! it's actually a nice concealer and even though it was way light, it was still able to conceal my under eye cirlces and allow my foundation (another brand and darker shade) to lay nicely on top. If given the opportunity to stop by an E.L. counter again I would probably pick this up in a darker shade if available.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by lealovesmakeup

Arghhhh reading some reviews i now know why i have white spots all over my face on some pictures! its been so embarrasing!! lol!! As a whole this product gives great coverage. The colours arent great and again it can be cakey. It makes around my eyes look dry and old as the day goes on. Its great for long wear and a tube lasts a while. i wouldnt buy this again though x

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Missy81

this works well with the DW foundation. It covers my birthmark and undereye cicles. It can be a little cakey and the colour can look a bit obvious if not blended properly or used alone without foundation. The sponge always comes away when I get towards the end of the product and I have to apply with the plastic tip. Overall though it stays put until you wash it off, is water resistant (you can go swimming and it stays on, if you do not rub at it) and its does what it says on the packaging. I use this product most days and it lasts ages.