October 24, 2014 | 1511 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I have this in two shades - Light and Light Medium. I don't really need it that often and I can't see me ever using these up. The only reason I have two containers of it is because one of them came in an eyemakeup set. I was advised that a good way to use these up is to blend them with an eye pencil and then use it as a base for smokey eyes. (I've never tried it.)

It is very thick and this would put me off using it around my eyes, although other people have done and apparently it is fine. The sales assistant told me it would cover up scars. Thankfully I never really have anything that extreme to cover up though it is great for the odd spot and the redness I have been afflicted with lately!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Valerie91

This is easily the best concealers I have used by myself ever. It lasts and conceals for a really long time. However it is true I am lucky to fit in its shade range. Someone with pinker skin may have a problem with it (it is rather yellow-ish in its lightest shade but it also conceals blue too).
I had to take points off for the package because you will lose product and money and the tip of the sponge came of when the bottle was half full (too early).
But if you fit in the shades and you want a smudge proof long lasting concealer there are few as good as this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by madnicole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok - so I love love love this concealer however there are some positives and negatives to it…

Pros - Best concealer I have ever used to cover dark circles or blemishes (and I have used Cle de Peau, Giorgio Armani, many MAC, all Lancome, MUFE etc). It stays all day, doesn't crease under eyes (yes really!), covers easily, very pigmented, covers blemishes as well as under eyes (not many do both), good colour range, great consistency…

Cons - OXIDISES! Couldn't believe it, I love this concealer, and when worn with foundation is perfect, when worn on bare skin it turns a lovely shade of orange 5 minutes after applying it!!! Can be slightly drying, however I always use eye cream under it so have never really had a problem.

So, due to the oxidisation, I now only use it when wearing foundation, and use something else (MUFE lift, Cle de Peau or Benefit Erase Paste) when more bare faced….I do still love it because it covers better, with less product, less creasing and less fading than any other concealer I have tried...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by kanska

Well, it is definitely one of the better concealors i have tried. However, many a times, 10 minutes after application i find that it has become very cakey and blotchy. Also, the moisturising under it has to be adequate or it looks terrible. Will tyr to find a better concealor on my next purchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by simplisticcindy

Just bought a tube of this concealer and I love it. Previously I've tried Mac Pro Longwear concealer and it cannot compare to this. I thought since I loved the DW foundation so why not try their concealer. Sure enough, it turned out so much better than I had expected. I used Desert Beige in DW foundation so I bought this is in Light-Medium and they matched perfectly with each other.

Update: They recently came out with more shades. If you're a Desert Beige in DW, I would recommend you get the Warm Light-Medium shade which is #8 I believe instead of #2 as #2(Light-Medium) has more of a pink tone to it. #8 has more of a yellow tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by sarahrahrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best concealer I have ever tried. It doesn't crease or fade throughout the day so touch-ups aren't necessary. Also contains SPF. Limited shade selection. Pricey, but one tube lasts me a whole year.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 7:43:00 AM More reviews by hana86

In the past, I've owned MAC studio fix concealer, Maybelline dream mousse concealer, Bobbi Brown concealer and so forth. In addition, I've used Estee Lauder's double wear foundation in the past! (was my favourite, especially when I was in high school with acne scars etc; now the coverage is too heavy for me)

I recently sampled this product and I'm not entirely overwhelmed by the product. It's been raved and everything, but I don't know what's so good about it. I love the foundation (double wear), I think it works extremely well... but this.. I don't know.. it didn't cover as well..

So then, I went to Shu Uemura's counter and got a pro concealer! much better (I was tossing between this and EL's). Shu Uemura's concealer is heavy duty, a real pro concealer.. this thing really covers well. I could just go with wearing only this product on my face. EL... mmm.. so so.. I wouldn't BUY it... if somebody gave it to me, I'd use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is currently my No. 1 concealer for the eye area because of:

(1) its perfect liquid consistency for application and blending;

(2) its effective but natural coverage;

(3) its long wear;

(4) its inability to settle into creases.

Using the applicator wand, I dab on a teardrop.

Then I spread it with a concealer brush, concentrating just on the darkness (up a little, down, then out a little to the side - rather than doing an around the eyes raccoon placement).

To finish I pat and blend with my ring finger until it's undetectable from my own skin.

If you like Lancome Effacernes, as I do, try this for comparison. I think Double Wear covers a little better and sticks around longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by eva8899

This stuff really let me down. I purchased this with Estee Lauders Nutritious foundation. I was hoping this would help conceal the acne scars I have on my cheeks. Unfortunately, this product is ORANGE. I have the lightest color and it makes my cheeks just look orange even without a lot of prouct. I also noticed that it doesn't last long on areas with movement- my chin. I smile and talk all day and notice that the makeup on my chin looks splotchy by the end of the day regardless of how much or how little I use. I'm going to MAC tomorrow to try their concealers and hoping for better results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

It's great for covering my dark circles & flat pimples. It can get a little cakey, so make sure your skin is nicely moisturized beforehand and don't use a heavy hand!

It thickens up and sets well, so I usually let it sit on a pimple for a minute before blending w/my finger or brush. If you have a scabby zit to cover, you'll probably need something a little thicker than this liquid.