April 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by yunnyunn

I own both 01 (light) and 02 (light/med). 02 suits my NC30 skin better. 01 is slightly too un-naturally white. I also use it mainly to cover my dark circles and minor acne scars. It lasts about 10 hours, then I need to reapply. Overall, very easy to use and like it alot. Just dot it to wherever you need it. Though the texture is kinda liquid, it dries fairly quickly to cover the imperfections. After that, it doesn't move/smear easily, until after wearing it for a long time. The low SPF is kinda useless. Lucily it doesn't stink my eyes. It's kinda expensive, but a little tube does go a long way. Since it's working really well to cover, it kinda justify the high price. Did and will continue to purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2010 5:19:00 AM More reviews by IrkaY

The concealer it's not bad, but it reflects the light from the flash of the camera and you can see white spots on your face from this concealer! It's not good.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by mysticmaiden2000

I have been using this product for 2 weeks, mainly for under eye circles but also on blemishes. I have literally tried about 20 concealers in the past year because my under eye circles are really dark, i havent been very healthy with IBS, so iron levels were low (anaemic), wasn't sleeping all night through for years, and energy levels hit rock bottom. You can imagine the effect all this had on my under eyes, i even developed some fine lines under my eyes, my first wrinkles ever (im 28!) and so ive been trying concealer after concealer to find one. Some have been horrendous at slipping into wrinkles, looking obvious or having bad coverage, but this concealer is a god send!!
Im so glad i looked at reviews on here and bought it, as long as i apply it correctly ie moisturise, primer, light foundation layer, concealer, and a light dusting of laura mercier brightening powder, i have good coverage and barely any creasing. It did take me a while to find the correct application and every single concealer i have tried other than this, crease badly.
I have tried YSL touche eclat, urban decay, maybelline, you name it ive tried it. Really want to try Laura mercier secret concealer, but this is great!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by amandaleejones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do like this product...but not as much as everyone else seems to I guess. I still wanted to give it a good rating, but was also wondering if anyone could give me advice on how they apply it. I've tried it for under eye concealor and like it. I've tried it for shadow primer and it's hit and miss. Some days it doesn't crease, and some days it does. I don't know if this may be from me working out and sweating, but are there any tricks to putting this one and making it stay put?
Also, i have a lot of hyperpigmentation from acne, as well as existing/new acne and i find that it covers some spots, but not others. I have a pimple i applied it to today, about 2 or 3 times, and it is still red. It didn't cover the pimple barely at all. Does anyone find this works for acne and hyperpigmentation? Or should i just be using it as an under eye concealor and primer?
I'd really appreciate some tips, thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by kubskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is great! I got it in the 02 color which is light/medium and it is perfect. It stays on, it doesn't get dry or settle into lines and you really don't need much. I stopped using my Shisiedo eye cream during the day because as much as I like it, it is too greasy and no concealer worked with it, not even Double Wear. I just use Estee Lauder Hydrationist cream which is very moisturizing and put this on over it and voila! no more dark circles. Stays pretty much all day. I also used it as a primer on my lids for the Double Wear cream shadow and nothing moved. Will buy again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sm510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this concealer! it has great coverage! it can be drying if you dont moisturize first and its a bit pricey but in the long run its worth it. i've had the same one for a little over 4 months and use it almost everyday and its only about half way gone. a little goes a long way

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Rice27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

All I can say about this concealer is WOW. It covers with a small amount, it last forever, sweatproof for me and ALSO looks the most natural based on all the concealers I've used in the past. Ladies, I've used this to cover the worst of the worst, cystic acne. Although, I have to say, I'm upset that I can't use it anymore because I'm sensitive to some of the ingredients used. Try it, if it doesn't make you break out, KEEP IT :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by 1alexa

Now if I had any makeup product that is hands down my favorite it has to be this concealer. I have been using this concealer for years and with that I mean I have gone through the 3 times Estee Lauder has changed the packaging. Everytime I would freak out and thought they discontinued it. The color is perfect, coverage is perfect and it lasts. Sometimes when I'm lazy and don't want to put on makeup I just use some of this concealer and I'm good to go. I will use this until I die or they stop making it whichever comes first.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by cavalierkcs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great concealer - blends in well with DW fndtn, although it does sink into pore a bit on my cheeks. But covers blemishes very very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by jikla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

now that's a really good concealer!i use it only for my undereye circles and does a great job with the coverage ;)