October 1, 2014 | 1807 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by sinkin2heart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only bar soap (or any product, for that matter) that I use to wash my body.
My skin is extremely sensitive, as I have eczema, but this soap hasn't irritated it in the slightest. I also don't get that overly dry feeling I usually get from other soaps.
There's not really much more that I can say to sum up how much I love this soap. I have and will continue to use and recommend it.

Edit: While I was in Europe recently, I used this as a multipurpose product (face/body soap & for shaving). It did a fairly good job for my face and I didn't break out from it, and as far as shaving went, it did a decent job, but the hard water (literally mountain water, people!) made it hard for the soap to lather well enough to stay on my legs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I went camping for 3 nights this summer and wanted to downsize my beauty products to fit nicely into a small bag. This was one of my staple products that I used every single day I was camping. I used it for both my face and my body.
I was wary at first too try it because I have acne-prone skin that is just beginning to clear up as I outgrow teenage acne. However, this soap really helped to cleanse my skin and leave in smooth, clean and acne-free. It didn't leave my skin feeling "squeaky" (which I HATE); it was also good because I didn't need to use a body lotion as it was moisturizing enough for the trip. Isn't not the best eye make-up remover but for light powder and blush it took it all off.
I still, of course, have most of the bar left and I plan to repurchase once my regular face wash and bar soap run out. I think this is a great multi-purpose product and it's dirt cheap. I got the white bar at Dollarama but you can buy value packs for seven or eight bucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is fast becoming a bathroom staple for me. Ooh it's a handy little bar of soap! I mainly use if for shaving as it works out sooo much cheaper than buying can after can of expensive shaving foam. It's also way gentler to the skin and less likely to irritate, at least in my experience. I love the smell, very familiar and comforting. When I wash all over with it, it leaves my skin clean, fresh and doesn't dry it out. I'll definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 More reviews by Neaaen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this soap. I feel very clean after I use it yet I feel like I don't need any lotion after the shower. It's healthy on my entire body, face (no breakouts), and even hair (cleans scalp well, gets rid of grease, but I put a little bit of olive oil in my hair afterwards as a conditioner). I will buy again and use forever

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by mommyholly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After years and years of trying every stupid acne cleanser on the market, I was fed up. Everything just seemed to make the problem worse. My skin was a war zone. Not pretty. I finally decided that I had tried everything but the simple routine. Ive always kept Dove in the house for body soap but not really used it on my face, I figured it would dry it out. So when I decided to do the simple routine, I just started using the Dove soap as a cleanser too. WOW!! My face hasnt been this clear in ages. While not perfect, because I suffer from hormonal acne on my jawline, its cleared up everywhere else on my face. I will never use anything else ever again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an incredible soap. Effectively cleans, is extremely gentle and has a wonderful scent. Makes me feel clean but never dry. Nothing compares.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by trine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

OMG I love this stuff! I bought it based on the rave reviews on this site and have not been disappointed. I use it on face, body and hair and I adore it. It cleans without stripping and leaves my oily skin soft and oil free. And guess what? I don't get that midday oil slick anymore and that's saying something for me. I use this plus the oil cleansing method and my face moogoo skin milk to finish up and my skin has never been better. Bottom line? Very happy with this one and would purchase again and again.
*UPDATE* 17/8/11

This product started to break me out, and caused my skin to become oilier. Will not be repurchasing. Sad it wasn't the miracle for me it has been for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by edivine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have very sensitive skin and this one doesn't irritate my skin at all. doesn't leave your skin feeling dry and does not leave residue like other bar soaps do. this is the only bar soap i use ! i've been using it for years and i'll stick with it !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolute best bar soap out there! I'll always count on dove when I need soft skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by OhErykah21

Only soap I'll ever ever ever ever ever ever ever use! This great stuff doesn't dry your skin leaves it nice And soft and moist.. Realllly soft and of coarse clean! Very delicate and cute on your skin :)