Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

i personally like body wash better, but if you like using soap i think this one is a great choice

on 11/12/2011 5:21:00 PM

I really do not know what it is but I dry out massively and even break out with body acne when I use any dove soap.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

My mother has always bought this soap and only this soap. Other 'cream' soaps dry out my hands or skin, but this soap keep it amazingly fresh and smooth. We have the regular white bar for showering, and the sensitive white bar for hands and faces. All I have to say is that I love this soap bar, and I'll continue buying it forever :)

on 11/6/2011 1:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I have used this my entire life for the body. My mom used it on her face as well and it worked well for her. I went on vacation and tried it as a face cleanser and it worked just fine as well! For me, the best usage is to shave with this. I usually get bumps when I shave but not when I use this, create a lather on my legs and then shave. Silky smooth! Much better than any of the several shave creams or gels I have tried.

on 11/6/2011 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Okay, I have to admit I use this soap. I use the sensitive skin version of Dove and it works great. I love it. I know there are d1000s that would be shocked but for someone with oily combo skin, mild roseaca, acne prone and sensitive skin. This works fantastic to get
make up off.

I use an oil first to remove makeup. I use dove sensitive skin soap or I use Oil of Olay cleanser to wash my face.

Good stuff that works for me.

on 11/4/2011 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Where has this stuff been all my life? I was using Cetaphil bar soap on my body and found that it was really drying me out so I switched to this. I noticed that it seemed to be clearing up my mild bacne so I figured I'd try using it on my face. Wow. I almost never breakout anymore and this leaves my face literally glowing and so so healthy looking. My skin feels smooth and beautiful, very minimal dryness. I'm so stoked I started using this! My skin looks beautiful and I'll be saving a fortune in the long run. Update: I really hate to have to say this but I think this skin is drying out areas of my face and making me look older :( It sucks cause this helped keep my skin clear and I really liked it. I don't think this is good for those with aging skin. I do use this exclusively on my body though and love it for that.

on 10/6/2011 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really great product. Obviously you can tell because of the rating here (and it's tough to get a good rating on this site lol). But it's very moisturizing and people say my skin is soft so I do attribute that to the dove bar. No complaints and it's very cheap so I highly recommend trying it.

on 10/1/2011 7:55:00 PM

This is so ridiculously moisturizing. I hate bar soap. The soap itself dries out, imagine how drying it is to your skin! I don't have that problem with this soap.
I use it on my face and body. It feels so great and produces such a thick creamy lather. It doesn't break me out, which is a huge plus.
I feel so fresh and clean after I use this. I don't think I'll ever stop buying it. It also smells really great. Yay for the dove beauty bar!

on 10/1/2011 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was shocked to realize yesterday that Dove is not the same. I'm talking about the original white Dove, that first came out around 1957. I like it because it reminds me of my mother, it isn't a drying soap, and my granddaughter now loves it.

I used to buy a bunch of them when they went on sale so I hadn't had to buy any for two years or so. Lo and behold, when I went to buy them I noticed a kind of sharp chemical scent, though it was still the same "original scent", it was somehow different. I had the wrapper from the last one I bought 2 or 3 years ago and the ingredients are different. OK so this upset me and I went to search for any old stock in mom and pop stores that have slow turnovers. I found one bar that was several years old, so old that the wrapper was yellowed with age and there was no list of ingredients (soap, and other toiletries didn't use to require ingredients - I noticed that started a few years ago).

The trouble is, it's so old that it smells kind of old. But I'll still use it of course. It doesn't have that sharp chemical smell that the new one has.

The last normal one came in a light blue-shaded to blue, white wrapper and it was 135 grams, also came in a smaller bar. The current line comes in 120 gram and 90 gram bars, with a navy blue and white wrapper.

I don't care that they made them smaller, as much as substituting ingredients, and making it smell different, and by the way, it didn't use to sting my eyes. Now it does....you can't win. I tried writing to Dove to complain on their website and there was no way to put my address for a reply.

This is my rant...another thing changed, and no announcement made...the public thinks it's the same bar but it's not. I may have to switch to something else....once I find any other stray, old style bars of Dove in obscure corner stores...but that becomes pathetic and I may give up soon.

Update on April 24. I realized that this is not an earth shattering problem. For several months I used the "new" formula Dove and I got used to it. I also use different brands with a less sharp scent but like every other changed product I have gotten used to the current Dove.

on 9/29/2011 12:15:00 PM

Initially, I really liked this. It really helped heal my active breakouts helped prevent them...for a while. After about a month of using this, my breakouts returned. Granted, it still helped heal them well but I've found a facial soap I like using better than this (Lush's Fresh Farmacy...AMAZING).

I still like using this as a body wash, though. I scrub it onto a body brush and it lathers up really nicely

Popular Gels/Soaps