BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

on 3/14/2012 1:05:00 PM

This is the first blush that I used up, literally an empty box. I love it, instant fresh my complexion. Going to buy another one.

on 3/14/2012 12:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

So pretty. I bought this as a skin brightening product (in fact, was surprised so many people have reviewed and are not happy with it as a blush - I have never had it described to me as a blush!) and i am really pleased with it.
When applied with a light hand it works as a pretty pink tone to my fairly cool toned skin. My skin is pale enough that I can use it as a blusher as well, so I do when I want to have a natural look, or don't want my cheeks to be fighting with my eyes!
I have one of the older boxes that isn't hinged, but I don't think I would take this out anyway. I really like it.
I dislike the price. I think Benefit blushers (in particular) are really overpriced. This one I bought cheaply though.

I've got porcelain skin and it didn't even show up for me. I'm lighter than an nw15/nc15 and I still have to swipe my brush about three times across the palette before I notice any colour on my cheeks. I do like the colour whilst it's on, but it doesn't last a long time and the consistency is chalky.

The box is cute but with the inclusion of the utterly useless brush it means it's much more bulky than what it needs to be. Whilst you get quite a bit of product, the amount you have to use to get it to show up on your skin means it's not very economical.

on 2/21/2012 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I have an olive/tan skintone and this blush does show on my skin but I have to swipe on about 3-4 times on my cheek. I don't really mind doing that because it's much easier because you can control how much color you want rather than having a very pigminted blush. Otherwise, the color is pinky with a hint of coral undertone, not really shimmery eventhough that's what you see in the package. It just gives a healthy glow on my face.

on 2/19/2012 3:17:00 PM

Pretty light pink blush. I've gone through two of them, but have to admit there's nothing special about the color or anything. The box is very pretty!

on 2/15/2012 4:35:00 AM

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet, but as I'm going to be purchasing this yet again, I figured it was about time. This will be my third purchase of Dandelion and while it is relatively expensive for a blush at USD 28, it's one that I come back to again and again. I'm rather fair and don't go for a heavily made up look, but try for something at the natural end of the spectrum. I just want something to give a bit of color so I don't look dead or washed out. And Dandelion is perfect. It's just a sheer cotton candy-ish pink flush with a slight bit of shimmer. Not shiny and not sparkly. If you want something dramatic, this is probably not for you. Or it might be better used as a highlighter. I always use it as a blush since I'm pale enough that it shows up well on my skin. One caveat is that if you have very dry skin, it can look a bit dry. But then, it is a powder.

Yes, the brush is cute but useless. Yes, the container is cute and somewhat eco-friendly, being mostly recyclable cardboard, but bulky for travel. And yes, the square packaging in a deep-ish box makes it hard to get the last bits out of the corners. But I do feel that for the price, you get a rather generous amount; it takes a while to hit pan. I rotate this with a couple other blushes and it takes me about 2-3 years to get through a box of this stuff. What can I say. I love it.
EDIT: Just popped in to revise what I said about the amount of product for the price. I hadn't repurchased in a couple years and was surprised to find that the price went up while the amount of product was cut by nearly 1/3. New box has 7 grams; old box 10 grams. Colour me disappointed. (Almost enough to take off a lippie!) I'd rather they didn't bother putting a mirror in the lid and ditch the useless brush and just give me my 3 grams of product back. C'mon Benefit. This is already one of your more expensive blushes, now even more so.

on 2/6/2012 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sometimes the hype produced by MUA'ers over a certain product is spot-on, other times not so much. This is one of those not so much times for me.

Beautiful color but the high-end, snobby, brush that comes with it it pretty well useless at picking up the product. No wonder this product "lasts forever". You can hardly get anything on the brush. Do yourself a favor - get a regular blush brush for this & let your dog eat the brush - handle & all like mine did! Uggh!!! :-(

I've put this item up for swap after only 5 uses & $28.00 later. So not worth the $$ or the hype. Well at least my dog liked the brush!! :-)

on 2/2/2012 6:22:00 PM

i've had this blush forever and i used to use it all the time. then, for reasons unknown, i stopped using it for probably 3 years. the other day i was cleaning out old makeup and found this bad boy. i tried it out again it's perfectttt! i'm an nw/nc 15-20 so wearing blush is extra tricky and often results in looking sunburnt. dandelion is perfect for my skintone and i'm so happy i've rekindled the flame. i would say it's between a light pink and a peach with very subtle shimmer. it blends out very nicely and doesn't look fake on my alabaster skin. i've heard darker skintones will use dandelion as a highlighter and i'm sure it's very pretty like that also. i kind of love and hate benefit because their packaging is so cute but so impractical. i believe they've started making the blush containers a bit different though so hopefully they're more sturdy. i believe i paid $28 for this when i got it which seems like a lot, but i still have a ton of product left. overall great blush for us super pale ladies.

on 2/1/2012 9:59:00 PM

When it comes to the actual product, this is one of my favorite blushes!! I am still in love with the color which is a light, soft, baby pink, with mauve and a light golden sheen. Although it looks powdery it doesn't once it is on my skin and its my favorite for winter when my skin is beyond pale. So easy to swipe on two layers and instantly brighten the face and in my opinion looks as good as it can on my face at least lol..
But like other say I am glad I recieved this in the 500 point perk because it's really overpriced and only 5 gs i think... not that much. And the packaging is soooo damn cute! Except also annoying because if the lid closes wrong it will stab the blush and break it. (happened to me)
Mauvey pink blushes are getting more popular like nars released one so I might try out a different brand before buying this again.

on 1/30/2012 6:41:00 PM

Firstly the packaging of this product is brilliant, nice addition to any make up bag.
However, it is far too expensive for what it is.
A very strange colour looks nice I'm the box but is so light on the face it is almost non existent! I have to put alot on! Purchased recently so will use until its finished, wouldn't re-buy.

Popular Blush Products