BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

on 1/22/2012 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

One of my first blushes. I'm very fair, and this barely shows up on me, but it does give me a nice pinky glow. This is why I don't use this as a blush on it's own. It needs something to spice it up. I wear BB bronzer in light (or Benefit Hoola), layer Dandelion on top, and ad BB pale pink on the apples of my cheeks. This is a great summer look. Packaging sucks, the brush is worthless, but the color is very pretty for fair skinned girls. Not a must-have for me though. I've since found other pinks that standout more.

on 1/22/2012 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I would always be tempted by how cute BeneFit's Boxed Powders looked while browsing Sephora, but I don't particularly like BeneFit products as a whole so I never made a purchase. I received 'Dandelion' for my 500 point perk, and to sum it up, I'm glad that I didn't buy it.

The color is like a light mauvey-pink with subtle shimmer. Being an NC42, it was pretty obvious that this product could not be used as a blush for me, but I figured that I could either use it as highlighter or use it in my professional kit on my fair skinned clients. WRONG.

On myself, it's too dark for highlighter and too light for blush. So I tried using this on my friend who is SUPER pale and it still left something to be desired. I mean it packed a better punch than bare cheeks, don't get me wrong, but she definitely could have benefited from something a bit deeper and healthier looking. The only possibly use that I can think of for 'Dandelion' is dusting it all over the face after makeup for a subtle glow. But I could never justify paying $40 just to do that when I could simply mix liquid luminizer into my foundation or use my regular highlighter. Unless you're literally an albino, 'Dandelion' is pretty much pointless.

And just to comment on the boxed powders as a whole; They look very enticing and adorable, but don't be fooled. When you open the box it's only about 1/4 full of actual product -_- And it contains a useless flat brush that makes you feel like you're scraping your face with a broom. The texture of these powders is very chalky as well. I find it brushes right off of the skin quite easily.

This product just gives me another reason to dislike BeneFit products...Lol. Total miss for me (on the plus side it does have a lovely scent though).

on 1/21/2012 2:49:00 PM

I don't use this product as a blush, instead I dust a light amount all over my face right after I finish putting on all my makeup and it gives my face a nice radiance. Its like an allover highlighter for your face. Also, I loooove the smell, as everyone has noted. I find the scent very calming. I've had mine for about 4 years now and I have yet to hit pan and I use it about 5x a week - but as I said just a light dusting all over my face. So really, its not that expensive when you think of how long the product lasts you. I will definitely repurchase this product when I do run out.

This is not a typical blush for a lot of people cuz the pretty pink color won't just show off like crazy pinky, but I do find it nice to brush on a bigger area to perk up the whole face,. For my fairly ligt skin, I found it perfect to give a just after a work out blush and I really liked this. It's also a big box so will last a long time, but like other benefit products, it's quite pricy.

on 1/14/2012 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't understand this blush. It doesn't show up on my skin at all, it is soft and looks like a nice colour in the box. I'm really pale so if it doesn't show up on me then I'm not sure who it would work for, maybe a highlight for dark skin. I'm NC15/20/MUFE 115.

on 1/6/2012 1:56:00 AM

The first blush I've ever re-purchased! It's a very pretty pinkish color which just perfectly compliments my skin tone (very fair, red hair/brown eyes). Since i'm naturally very pale, I'd been looking for awhile for a blush that would give me some color without being completely over the top (I also liked Nars orgasm, but it was a little too sparkly for my skintone). This stuff is very natural looking and unlike alot of blushes that I've tried has very little glitter/iridescent properties to it. Awesome stuff!

This was the first blush I ever bought. As someone who was initially afraid of going OTT with their blush, I wanted a nice, subtle shade which would just make me look a bit more fresh and glowy. I instantly loved Dandelion, and I still do. It smells lovely, the packaging is adorable, and the blush itself is so light and subtle you really have to pack on quite a bit to even notice it. I'll definitely buy it again (although I'm starting to think I might never have to - this one has lasted for about three years now and I still haven't hit the pan, which is also a plus)

on 12/31/2011 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This has a cult following but a waste of money for me. It doesn't show up on my NC30 skin! It looks gorgeous in the box but is almost invisible on my cheeks unless I really pile it on. I love the scent and the packaging and the color but just not on me. I'd have been better of getting the Coralista.

on 12/15/2011 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

First of all, I have about NC30 skin or EDM in Winged Butter and this does show up on me, even though the effect is subtle. On my skin tone, Dandelion is a light, slightly brightening, natural shade of peachy pink. It is really hard to go overboard with this, making it a fantastic choice for an everyday throw it on quick and you're out the door kind of color. Also, since it is very subtle, natural and I would imagine universally flattering on lighter skin tones that this actually shows up on. Like many have mentioned, the smell is rather nice and the packaging, though I find cute since its in a square paper box, is not the most convenient. I would prefer a convention flat plastic pan of some sort but it doesn't really matter that much.

I believe that Dandelion is meant to be a sort of complexion enhancer/beauty powder and not necessarily a blush. I mean, its a good idea to make a powder that goes on lighter, not as pigmented and give you lots of it 7grams. First, it makes it easy to control and hard for you to overdo or go wrong with it. Second, you have the option of dusting a light layer all over as a complexion booster. You could put it on heavily and it becomes a natural shade of blush. The thing I like is that, although it is pricey and you can say that its not that pigmented, they give you quite a bit of product so you could use it all over or concentrated as a blush. I actually like the brush it comes with. Its a square flat shape that is really soft and picks up color well and makes the blush go on more pigmented than my own blush brush. It also makes a great contour brush if you don't want to use it for blush.

on 12/12/2011 5:33:00 PM

This was a good blush, just not quite the right color for me. It's a bit too pale for my complexion. I prefer a blush that has a bit more color to it (more coral, bronze, and berry colors.) However, I would recommend this product to people who like petal pink blushes. The formula is fine and soft, I love the brush the comes with it, and it does have staying power. Again, great product, just not the color for me.

Popular Blush Products