Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

4.2

Aqua, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycol Stearate, PEG-8 Distearate, Ceteth-2, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Yeast Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Limonene.

on 8/20/2008 11:44:00 PM

i dont know how i feel about thsi product. granted my hair is waaaay healthier now and ive actually been able to grow it (which is like almost impossible with my hair) but i dotn know that i can attribute it solely to this.

after thoroughly destroying my hair with washing/blowdrying/flatironing, soemtimes even twice a day, i had almost no hair left. ive been using this once a week for about 3 months and ive restricted hair torture to once a week as well. the regimen works. my hair has weight to it now, something its never had. even the girl who does my trims has commented on how healthy my hair is (she used to have to work super hard to get rid of split ends).

the best way ive foudn to use this is to shampoo, apply this for only like 2-3 minutes, wash out well, adn apply a thick creamy conditioner (i use matrix biolage fortifying/hydrating) for about 5 minutes. you can feel the change in tensile strenght in your hair by the time you wash out the conditioner.

the downside to thsi is that i hate the smell and i think its awfully expensive because the packaging sucks and i alwasy get out more product than i need so i feel like im wasting it. i am also concerned that since my hair is healthier now, i dont want to overtreat it with such a harsh product, so i would recommend keeping an eye on snapping strands as a sign that you should stop using it for a while.

overall, id buy it on sale anyday.

on 8/7/2008 9:03:00 PM

I love this!!! I use this about every 2 weeks before the K PAK Intense Hydrator. LOOOOVE IT. It's so lightweight but leaves hair conditioned and feeling healthy.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I got this from a friend for about a third of the retail price, and what an amazing deal it was!! For reference, let me say I have baby fine, stick straight hair, so I'm constantly attacking it with blow dryers and curlers, it knots like crazy if the wind blows too hard, and my flyaways are insane about 20 minutes after I wash my hair.

I am so impressed with the strength my hair has after using this twice a month for the last 6 months, and the shine. My flyaways have toned down considerably, and there is less breakage when I brush my hair... so obvious is this that if I brush my hair over a white piece of paper (which I've used to test kpak) I only have 1 or 2 broken hairs on the paper when I'm done, as opposed to 20-30 before I started the treatment. Dare I say, I think my hair feels thicker too. The scent is gorgeous, my SO compliments me more on this than any fragrance I own. Hmmmm.

As other reviewers have stressed, it is so so important to use a good hydrating conditioner after kpak, as it is not intended to be a conditioner.

I love this stuff, and unless someone proves it to be a problem, I will use it for the rest of my life!

I use this once a week paired with the Intense Hydrator. Using both of them leaves my hair incredibly healthy, shiny and soft. This is my favorite deep conditioner/reconstructor. Love it!! Do not use this by itself! It's pretty much pure protein. You need to use moisture too!

on 7/14/2008 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Madly in love. I use this every other day with the intense hydrating conditioner. (It is not meant to be used alone.) I have somewhat fine bleach blonde hair and it keeps it in tact. I use this on most of my clients too after chemical services.

on 7/11/2008 12:37:00 AM

This reconstructor is GREAT. Be careful not to over use though. I use it once or twice a month on my bleach blonde hair and it keeps my hair soft, shiny, silky, sleek, and full-looking. If you need some serious hair care then this is the stuff to buy. It is just great and smells YUMMY!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I use this after chemical services. My hair always fels strong yet flexible afterwards. Not stiff like other reconstructors/protein treatments.

on 6/16/2008 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Like the reviewer before me, I have tried the K-Pak line twice, and both times was disappointed. The shampoo is quite nice, smells good and doesn't seem to strip my super dry, curly hair. However, the daily conditioner is runny and not nearly moisturizing enough, and the Reconstructor is nothing fabulous. It might be great for someone with hair that's been damaged by bleaching or too much heat styling (protein-based conditioners are great to strengthen hair), but otherwise stay away. Conditioners with protein can cause hair to feel dry and brittle if you're hair ISN'T weakened by harsh chemicals/regular heat application. My hair is damaged but only because it's so ridiculously curly that it breaks every time I comb it out. Aside from that, the conditioner is lumpy and the smell is one of those that you either love it or HATE it. Guess which side of the fence I'm on...

on 6/4/2008 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hmmm, it is very expensive, smells like bananas and does nothing at all for my parched, dry, frizzy hair. I have tried the whole Joico K-pak system in large sizes twice and twice it has underperfomed and was useless for me, will never repurchase no matter what the prize as I get zero results from this line....

on 6/4/2008 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

this was the biggest waste of money ever! it does absolutely nothing for my dry, processed hair. if you want a good deep treatment, by garnier melting masque. it is 100 times better and only costs 4 bucks at the drugstore! the only thing i liked about this product was the smell, which after a while got nauseating anyway. dont believe the hype, this stuff is garbage.