Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

4.2

Aqua, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycol Stearate, PEG-8 Distearate, Ceteth-2, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Yeast Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Limonene.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A really good treatment to strengthen and condition your hair. My hair comes out so soft and less frizzy whenever I use it. It also has a delicious coconut and banana smell to it that unfortunately doesn't linger. Great if you color your hair. Helps to build up the cuticle since its protein-based.

I have only started to use K-Pak recently, and it is my first real reconstructing treatment, so I can't comment on how it affects the overall condition of my hair. But my hair certainly looks better since I started using K-Pak. I use the shampoo, Intense Hydrator and Reconstructor. This I have been careful to use only once every 2 weeks or so, as my hair is not significantly damaged and I know excess protein can cause brittle, break-away hair. I always follow this with the Intense Hydrator, and what a treat they are together... My hair is fine and naturally wavy/curly, with a frizzy top layer. I definitely want to keep using this product, but it comes in a pretty small tube and the cost is hefty, so I will only use it as an occasional remedy. I can imagine that someone with more damaged hair could go through the tube pretty quickly. The smell is not the greatest, but it does not bother me like it does some other people. I find the K-Pak series to be great quality and overall worth the money, so will definitely repurchase this unless I want to try something else, e.g. L'Anza.

This is something that's a must if you color your hair or heat style a lot. It keeps my hair very healthy & managable. It's great for blondes especially since it really will strengthen your hair instead of just coating it in wax like many other "treatments" do. It can be pricey but your hair will look fantastic once you start using this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this stuff is amazing. My hair was incredibly damaged. It was very weak from a combination of bleaching from the sun, chlorine and dyeing. Not to mention the wind and weather. It was so brittle that when my hair was wet if I combed it it would break. It didn't even feel like hair.
The deep penetrating reconstructor worked wonders! AFter shampooing with a moisturizing shampoo (only every two or three times though) I would squeeze as much water out of my hair as possible and put the k-pak in. I just followed directions. Make sure you use a good conditioner afterwards though! I used this for about a week every time I got my hair wet and then a deep conditioner. Now I only use it about once a week. My hair is getting stronger and stronger!!
I've also been using the k-pak in conjunction with Hask Placenta. So I guess I'm not 100% which is improving my hair. Probably both. Try Hask Placenta it's AWESOME

i dont know how i feel about thsi product. granted my hair is waaaay healthier now and ive actually been able to grow it (which is like almost impossible with my hair) but i dotn know that i can attribute it solely to this.

after thoroughly destroying my hair with washing/blowdrying/flatironing, soemtimes even twice a day, i had almost no hair left. ive been using this once a week for about 3 months and ive restricted hair torture to once a week as well. the regimen works. my hair has weight to it now, something its never had. even the girl who does my trims has commented on how healthy my hair is (she used to have to work super hard to get rid of split ends).

the best way ive foudn to use this is to shampoo, apply this for only like 2-3 minutes, wash out well, adn apply a thick creamy conditioner (i use matrix biolage fortifying/hydrating) for about 5 minutes. you can feel the change in tensile strenght in your hair by the time you wash out the conditioner.

the downside to thsi is that i hate the smell and i think its awfully expensive because the packaging sucks and i alwasy get out more product than i need so i feel like im wasting it. i am also concerned that since my hair is healthier now, i dont want to overtreat it with such a harsh product, so i would recommend keeping an eye on snapping strands as a sign that you should stop using it for a while.

overall, id buy it on sale anyday.

I love this!!! I use this about every 2 weeks before the K PAK Intense Hydrator. LOOOOVE IT. It's so lightweight but leaves hair conditioned and feeling healthy.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I got this from a friend for about a third of the retail price, and what an amazing deal it was!! For reference, let me say I have baby fine, stick straight hair, so I'm constantly attacking it with blow dryers and curlers, it knots like crazy if the wind blows too hard, and my flyaways are insane about 20 minutes after I wash my hair.

I am so impressed with the strength my hair has after using this twice a month for the last 6 months, and the shine. My flyaways have toned down considerably, and there is less breakage when I brush my hair... so obvious is this that if I brush my hair over a white piece of paper (which I've used to test kpak) I only have 1 or 2 broken hairs on the paper when I'm done, as opposed to 20-30 before I started the treatment. Dare I say, I think my hair feels thicker too. The scent is gorgeous, my SO compliments me more on this than any fragrance I own. Hmmmm.

As other reviewers have stressed, it is so so important to use a good hydrating conditioner after kpak, as it is not intended to be a conditioner.

I love this stuff, and unless someone proves it to be a problem, I will use it for the rest of my life!

I use this once a week paired with the Intense Hydrator. Using both of them leaves my hair incredibly healthy, shiny and soft. This is my favorite deep conditioner/reconstructor. Love it!! Do not use this by itself! It's pretty much pure protein. You need to use moisture too!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Madly in love. I use this every other day with the intense hydrating conditioner. (It is not meant to be used alone.) I have somewhat fine bleach blonde hair and it keeps it in tact. I use this on most of my clients too after chemical services.

This reconstructor is GREAT. Be careful not to over use though. I use it once or twice a month on my bleach blonde hair and it keeps my hair soft, shiny, silky, sleek, and full-looking. If you need some serious hair care then this is the stuff to buy. It is just great and smells YUMMY!!!