September 30, 2014 | 1121 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by manda9794

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this was the biggest waste of money ever! it does absolutely nothing for my dry, processed hair. if you want a good deep treatment, by garnier melting masque. it is 100 times better and only costs 4 bucks at the drugstore! the only thing i liked about this product was the smell, which after a while got nauseating anyway. dont believe the hype, this stuff is garbage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 1:45:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As to whether I would buy this again, it would depend on how badly I've treated my hair. I've used this before when my hair wasn't damaged, and it didn't do anything. I tried this the other day, as my hair has been abnormally dry. I left this on for 5 minutes and rinsed with cool water. I let my hair air dry and had my perfect ringlets again.

It's a little pricey, but I think worth it if you need reconstruction. If you need hydration try another product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Sierro

After going from jet black to platinum hair, my hair needed some serious tlc. Someone with gorgeous hair recommended this to me so I bought the bigger bottle for about 25 bucks having faith in what she said... My hair was damaged but not that bad with all things considered before this conditioner but after using it, my hair had the consistency of COTTON CANDY the next day. Yes, I left it in long enough, and did a long moisturizing afterwards and it did absolutely nothing. In fact, my hair felt more fragile than before. I tried it a few more times to see if it would work and nothing... I guess my dry, coarse latina hair hated it. Plus the smell was horrendous.

I swiftly stopped using this and did an Aphogee treatment for damaged hair followed for the next week by a combo of an Olive Oil replenishing pack, Smooth N Shine Silk Fusion treatment, Montagne Jeunesse Hot Miracle and Aussie 3 minute moisture and my hair is now soft, maneagable and healthy looking... almost back to perfect! I went from "dear god you're going to be bald" while using the K-Pak to looking like I have real hair again.

I really wanted this to work for me but no dice. If you're hair is like mine, chemically tortured (I have been bleaching, dyeing and relaxing for ~10 years), heat styled to submission and naturally very thick, curly and dryness-prone, I would recommend Nexxus Emergencee or Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair for your protein needs... K-Pak is offically not my friend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

I used this before when my hair wasn't damaged and was NOT impressed. Do not use this if you hair is not "extremely" damaged. You will not see big impressive results if your hair doesn't need this.

I have "major" damage from bleaching black out of my hair with 40vol bleach one too many times, and this time around I can see a difference in the Kpak working for me. My hair felt like straw, unmanagable, and breaking off like crazy. When wet...my hair felt so spongey and was so delicate and breakable...I was scared to put "anything" this on it. This was my last hope. I knew I needed to do a protein treatment, and since Nexxus Emergencee was sold out...I got Kpak. So glad I did! My hair does feel stronger and isn't breaking as much. It's not 100 percent not breaking, but there is a huge improvement in the strength of my hair. I followed up with Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment. This combo is really helping to make my hair better and is helping to salvage what I can, so I won't have to cut my hair super short. I have a long road a head of me, but these two products have given me hope.

You need a good conditioner after Kpak, or your hair will feel rough and dry!!! I used both products with heat to open the hair cuticles so the products can penetrate. I highly recommend that too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is a classic and for good reason. I especially appreciated this product after a recent dye job (no ammonia or peroxide was used though). I bought the whole Keratase Chroma Shine line (shampoo, conditioner, leave in). I love this Kerastase Bain Miroir/Chroma line and recommend it to anyone but I'm not thrilled with the conditioner. I found a packet of K-pak Reconstructor (probably haven't used K-Pak in 5 years) and used it. After, my hair practically looked new and the shine impressed even me (I thought the Joico K-Pak blew the Keratase conditioner out of the water). I'm sold. And I promptly bought a big tube the next day.

I first tried this product when I was 16 (I'm 42 now). I have fine (but lots of it) long (5" past the shoulder) black, straight, silky hair (I'm Korean). Slightly oily scalp with dry ends. I use these products: Keratase, Joico, Alterna Hemp, Redken.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2008 1:49:00 AM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this "reconstructor." K- Pak is the only line of products I feel makes a difference to my hair. I've only used this and the 'Intense Hydrator,' but with continued use, my hair was shinier, softer and less damaged. I don't know why I thought I could find a better conditioning duo!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by tornadogirl

I remember using this stuff when I was a lot younger and it was great on my dry hair (especially after using Sun-in). I thought that I would try it again after 20 years as my hair recently been stripped and coloured and was dry. The rep that I bought it from advised me to leave it in my hair, rinse and then use my regular conditioner to seal the cuticle.
I used it exactly the way I was instructed to and it didn't make a difference, plus I remembered that I hated the rotting banana smell. I gave it a couple more tried but my hair was drier than ever...back it went to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2008 4:59:00 AM More reviews by KerissaMarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I caved, and finally tried this after reading all the MUA reviews. I have long, thick, native american hair that's color-treated. This stuff is awesome! At first, I was turned off because it was kinda runny and thin and I always thought deep conditioners had to be super thick. I was wrong, and I have found my HG. And I've tried EVERYTHING.
I put it in immediately after I shampoo, tie my hair up into a bun, and let it soak in while I shower. Rinsing it off at the end of my shower is always climactic, because my hair always feels like satin. And the smell is comparable to a "Monkey's Lunch"-- a milk drink with banana liqueur... which ends up smelling a little nutty after your hair dries. Nice. I recommend it to everyone I know.
Other's here complain about it being too heavy-- I use it only once a week and have no complaints. Deep Conditioners aren't supposed to be used everyday after-all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 3:43:00 AM More reviews by eternalstarangel

This product works best when combined with a shampoo like joico's chelating shampoo that removes residues from your hair before you use it. It is not, however, a conditioner, and will not condition your hair, though it does repair damage. IT also is not for everyday use. I don't really like the smell of the stuff though since it smells like old bananas.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by misskeryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Even though this is expensive, it is definitely worth the $20! I first bought this in a gift set with the K-Pak Shampoo. Originally, I had thought this to be a normal conditioner and used it every time I washed (usually everyday). Although this is probably too harsh to be using everyday, I didnt notice any bad things, only good. This smells delicious, does exactly what it says, and makes my hair look and feel like I just left the salon. Love it!