January 30, 2015 | 1017 users online

Polishes - OPI - Bubble Bath

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by mtack

Got a salon manicure with the new version of Bubble Bath and did not like it. This new version has more pink and it is very sheer, reminds me of Essie Madmoiselle which I dislike. My complexion is light olive and this new version looks off on my nails.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 2:07:00 AM More reviews by cheekypig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

** Click for pic ** >>
I think I have the newer version, although I've had this for a while (but it's got the pro wide brush). Bubble Bath is such a beautiful colour; a classic in my collection for a feminine, polished look. One coat gives a very sheer, pale milky shade (a little too sheer for my taste, though). But two coats give a clean and classy look; the perfect milky pink with a hint of beige for a pop of colour without being too opaque or sheer. It applies streak free and dries quickly to a lovely, high shine. This lasts for about five days before I see any signs of wear or chipping and that's without base or top coat. After a while, this goes quite thick and goopy, but when you put a few drops of thinner, it becomes a great consistency again. The flattering shade of milky pink nude complements my tanned hands nicely. This makes nails look so groomed and healthy; a beautiful nude with a touch of pink; perfect!
Natural lighting, 2 coats
continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by SusanF

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the newer pink version of BB. Love this one! I use 2 coats over a basecoat and then add a topcoat. The pro-wide brush gives a streak-free application. The result is a very clean and polished look. Definitely a staple in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by alisonmidd

Love this colour, it is the most natural looking neutral I have ever tried (and I've tried a lot of 'em!) More natural than Essies mademoiselle. It applies like a dream, the prowide brush makes it super easy and quick and I haven't had an issue with streaking. One coat looks natural and groomed, two coats looks lovely, clean and manicured (the only neutral I like with two coats, amazing).Had been Lemming it for ages and only wish I'd tried it sooner. It's a lovely milky pink without being too blue-ish or too pink. I think I have finally found my HG nude nail polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! Just try it. The classiest most natural nail polish ever!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by chocoberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have the new version with pro-wide brush, which I like, I also like the color a lot, its perfect when I want to rest from dark colors, but like others it streaked on me, which is a big diappointment for me. I dont think I will repurchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by niferphoto

This is the one that Giada di Laurents uses on t.v. - it's a fantastic clean polished look. The secret to applying this with no streaks is to do a solid clear base coat and let it dry completely. Then in applies no streaks. No problem. I wore this on my wedding day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by faid2blac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the color and how it makes it look like you went to a salon to get your nails done without having to!

But personally, the only downfall I've noticed is that it leaves my nails yellow after I take it off... I'm wondering if this happens to anyone else?

I don't use a base coat (maybe that's why I turn yellow??) I'll have to try using that to see if it helps because its annoying to have yellow nails for weeks, waiting them to grow out, and telling people that no, I'm not jaundice lol

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by jenzene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this thinking it can one-up OPI Makes Men Blush, but it doesn't. It's still a really great natural polish though. It's sheer, and it's a very very light pink with a touch of ivory. I think it's a little too pink for me though (NC35-ish). OPI MMB remains my HG my-nails-but-better n/p.

The formula is great! Very slightly streaky going on, but as it dries it evens itself out.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by kathywa

Eh. Just eh. I have the old formula w/ the old brush, and it's just eh. I topped it with OPI DS Design and liked it much better.

Sad, when all I can say about a color is eh.