April 20, 2014 | 1784 users online

Polishes - OPI - Bubble Bath

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by kathywa

Eh. Just eh. I have the old formula w/ the old brush, and it's just eh. I topped it with OPI DS Design and liked it much better.

Sad, when all I can say about a color is eh.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2008 1:49:00 PM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have both the old & new formula and I must say, I'm not that impressed with either of them. Firstly, I think the price is too much. However, I do like the pro-wide brush.

The older bubble bath is like an off-white/beige colour...pretty bland/boring. Goes on very streaky and watery and I need at least 2 coats for it to start becoming opaque and 3 coats for streakiness to go. The colour is just blah but it makes my nails look polished, neater and tidier though. Tends to chip quite easily even with base and top coat.

The newer formula is a lot more pink, it's totally different in colour to the old formula. You could most certainly find a dupe of this colour at a fraction of the price. I find it still quite streaky (although not as streaky as the older formula) but less watery. I need atleast 2 but prefably 3 coats for minimal streaking and good opqueness. The polish tends to chip within 1-2 days, even with a base & top coat. It wears away from the tips within 1 day. Quality wise, it's not a good polish and highly overrated.

Rating for old bubble bath = 3.5/4 (quite unique in colour, ok-ish in quality)

Rating for new bubble bath = 2 (easily dupeable colour, bad quality)

UPDATE: The old formula is a really nasty colour...bad bad bad! The new formula actually now looks kind of lilac in colour when I do 3 coats...really disappointed in both polishes. Knocking off another lippy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2008 8:36:00 AM More reviews by HollyHox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My first OPI and I loved it from the first application. I have the newer, more pink version and I love it. Gives my nails a very clean and finished look without obvious polish. I love many different colours of polish, but I always find myself coming back to this one. It goes with everything. The only thing is I find myself putting on 4 coats - it's kind of time consuming to let it dry, but I like it nearly opaque.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by jaimeyusu

One of my favourite colors in OPI.
It makes your nails look neat, clean and elegant... its like, a posh light pale pink. LOVE !!
Very versitile. You can't go wrong with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Nokomi

I love this color. I had the old one and hated it, but the new version is the perfect nude!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2008 5:29:00 AM More reviews by vanessa713

What a pretty polish! In the bottle it looks like a very very milky light pink. They've reformulated it, now it's more pink than white. I don't mind all that much, but I do think the older formula was slightly better as Bubble Bath is not too unique anymore. I have a polish by Rimmel which looks almost a duplicate of Bubble Bath but slightly more pinker!

Anyway. First off, I love the pro-wide brush as it allows me to cover my nails in practically one swipe. The formula itself is slightly thin but suprisingly doesn't turn out streaky on my nails, even with just one coat on. One coat is not enough for this polish though -- I use either 2 or 3 depending on how opaque I want the polish to be. With one coat I also find that the polish seems to sink down to my cuticles and form a little polish pool there...but once I've applied another coat it sorts itself out. It dries pretty quickly too which is a plus.

On my nails, it looks like a simple really milky soft pink with a slight white tinge to it. Nothing special I'll admit, but it does look very pretty. My nails look really polished and I think this would do well as a french manicure colour. I also think I prefer Bubble Bath as a pedi (looks GORGEOUS) rather than a mani, but both work extremely well.

As always, OPI is hella' pricey here in the UK...I got mine for 12 including postage/packaging. Do I think it's worth it? Probably not - as I mentioned before I have a Rimmel polish which is very similar to this although the quality is not as good (okay, the Rimmel quality is awful!). I'd only buy Bubble Bath if I was pretty high on money that day. But OPI polishes do last for ages and the formula never changes with mine...something I take into consideration.

If I use a topcoat I don't get chipping for about 6 or 7 days. Without the topcoat I'd say 5 or 6 days, so there's not really much different. This is when my nails are short though...if I grow my nails then the polish lasts much longer - I'd say 9 days with no topcoat!

Overall, it's a very nice polish but not as unique as the old formula was. Like a previous reviewer said - old formulation was white with a dash of pink whilst now it is pink with a dash of white. Still a good polish though, I'll most likely repurchase.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Talula2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall, I really like Bubble Bath. It's a great pale shade which has become my favorite every day color. I have the new version with the wide brush which is perfect for smooth application. I find that using a good basecoat completely eliminates any streaks. I will definitely repurchase if I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2008 6:34:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bubble Bath is such a simple color...but oh so gorgeous. Its a your nails but better color that pulls pale pink and manages to be both sheer and milky. Goes perfect with my super pale skin and I've seen this look lovely on dark skin so its pretty much an everyone color. I have 2 favorite french mani bases, OPI Samoan Sand and this, SS is the peachy version of Bubble Bath imo. Love this...its a must have!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2008 6:38:00 AM More reviews by kirki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first Opi polish and a big disappointment. It looks awful on my nails. I was preapared it would be sheer pink, but not with yellow "special effects" on the tip of the nail.
What is more - I applied 2 coats in the evening and it looked fine. But in the day light it looked terrible: it's got thin patches and streaks.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by annabelle

Bubble Bath is a sheer nude nailpolish, part of OPI's permanent collection. I would describe it as a warm beige, with pink undertones. It is a perfect color for french manicures or for a low-key, no fuss color that you can wear anywhere.

The application is really good. The polish applied like a dream, without any streaks. This color is a sheer one though, and that is a tad disappointing, especially if one is looking to get the color of the bottle. I had to apply 3 coats before I could get a decent opaque-ish finish. But I won't complain, as I find the color gets even more better as each coat is applied. It *IS* the perfect nude IMO.

I have to admit I bought this color because 1) I love the name- Bubble Bath. It's just so clean, sophisticated, and pretty. You definetly feel like grooming yourself with a name like that! 2) Well, I have to admit, I fell for Giada's nails also. They just look so perfect and elegant while she cooks and stirs ingredients together. That's what I love about this color, as basic as it is, it just screams CLEAN.

The wear of Bubble Bath is amazing, one of the best lasting colors I have tried in a long time. It is a nude so imperfections won't be as obvious, but the tipwear on me is very minimal.
Sidenote: There are two versions of this color. One is whiter, and less beigy-pink than the other.

I'm a person who love color on her nails. But would I buy this color again? Absolutely! It is the perfect go-to color for those days when one doesn't feel like wearing brights or vamps. yet still want their hands and nails to look perfect and maintained. It is whitish, so I definetly recommend similar but warmer shades, such as OPI Samoan Sand, for ladies with darker skin (I'm an NC30 for reference).