NARS Exhibit A

4.6

on 7/26/2007 12:31:00 AM

I stayed away from powdered blushes as i have always disliked the overly powdered look. Boy, have i missed out!

NARS blushes are extremely pigmented and the quality is amazing. At first glance it looks frighteningly red with a hint of orange in the pan, but you have to try it to believe it. My first application could have won me a place in the circus - potential buyers, please read reviews carefully, paying extra attention to application methods.

My brush barely taps the surface of Exhibit A, i blot my brush once or twice on a clean sheet of tissue and only then will i allow myself to proceed. I brush the apple of my cheeks ever so lightly - it is better to have too alittle than too much. You may repeat the process if you desire alittle more - if i have overdone it, i reach for a clean fat brush to buff the colour down. Definitely a product that will last many lifetimes.

Exhibit A is beyond gorgeous on tanned skin and it works beautifully on fair maidens too.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this blush. It can work for almost anyone. I'm a NARS MA and customers always freak out when i go for this shade, but they always end up loving the just sexed up glow it gives them. You just need a very light hand (so this will last you FOREVER). If its still too bright, try using a strippling brush.

on 7/17/2007 10:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is a beautiful blush.. for a long time, I didn't even want to look at it, I would cringe at the sight of it. Last fall at the NARS counter I finally rubbed a bit on my hand--and OMG, the colour was unbelievable!!! The most natural red blush--the MA said that Exhibit A was the real Orgasm, and I completely agree. This is my favourite NARS blush. One of a kind. ***** a really fun thing to do with this blush, when you're bored in front of the mirror, is to rub a fair amount onto the palm of your hand, and take some oil (e.g. jojoba) and rub it in as well... and you get the most gorgeous bright red lip colour!! Slick some clear lip gloss on top, and just see what happens! Its great for people (like me) who don't have red lipstick, but like to play around!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Not for the faint of heart (or faint of application skill), I LOVE THIS HUE! It looks grandmother garish in the compact, but with a big fluffy brush (or a small fluffy brush...I don't recommend a stiff brush unless you're en route to a geisha-themed costume fete), it wakes my face right up when it put it on the apples of my cheeks, fading up the lower side of the cheekbone. This has saved me when I am at my most ferocious, hungover, and antisocial - it almost makes up for having no personality in the morning (almost! haha). One caveat: my recommendation would be not to wear this without base or at least concealer unless your skin is truly flawless and free of redness...you don't want to put this eye-popping red orange next to a rosy nose or a pimple constellation. An arrow would be more subtle, Then again, what au naturale girl who wears almost no makeup would gravitate towards this? Goes beautifully with a light (FAUX!!!) tan and a cocktail. Mmmmh...

on 6/1/2007 11:10:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This blush is fantastic! A perfect post-workout flush and I do not think I will ever run out. A little goes a very long way. I am NC35 but I think this could go great on people with any tone, especially darker!

So this is what I imagine MAC Stereo Rose MSF should look like. First, lightly apply NARS Exhibit A. Not too sheer, but not ORANGE. Then, take Milani Luminous Brush (which is supposed to be a NARS Orgasm dupe) and apply sheerly over it. This gives you a beautiful Coral base with golden pink highlights. Even on its own it's a gorgeous coral color - just use it more sparingly.

on 5/9/2007 11:21:00 AM

I wanted to stop having to suck in my cheeks every day like Victoria Beckham, so I bought this to create the illusion that I had sunken in cheeks like all good anorexics. Using my trusty skunk brush, I was able to create artificial contours with Exhibit A. Now I look like I haven't eaten in weeks! Amazing product that I would recommend to anyone.

I ordered this after lemming it for a long time, and then reading all of the positive reviews on MUA. I am a pale brunette with mostly cool undertones. So far, I LOVE this stuff. Everyone is right about the amount -- I just barely touch my SK powder brush to the surface of the powder and then blend it into my cheeks. However, after blending, I usually do it again in order to get that pop of color on the apples of my cheeks. I also used my finger to put some on my lips and covered it with a clear gloss -- perfection. This was my first NARS blush, and undoubtedly, will not be my last. Also -- I would repurchase this glowing blush, but because of how little it takes to achieve the desired affect, I can't imagine ever having to!

Very scary looking at first. EXTREMELY pigmented. You will be amazed at how natural this looks once you learn how to apply it. It is the EXACT shade that you flush. I don't know how they did it, but they did it! I put it on my lips with some balm too. I've found my HG blush.

on 4/19/2007 1:48:00 AM

I received this in a swap, I have long been curious about this. I don't know if I'm applying it wrong, too little or probably pairing it with the wrong lip shades? I guess it looks good if you have those fiery red orange lipsticks or similar to that and most of my lipsticks are leaning towards pinkish brown, nude, peach or reds like Clinique's Black Honey (I can't imagine it going well with that). Being so, I haven't really reached out for it, only did to experiment and double check if it's worth keeping or not. So far, verdict is it's okay but most of the time it will just be in my drawer waiting for its turn to be used - which will be verrrry seldom. For reference I'm MAC C3/ Chanel DPC Med Beige.

Top Rated NARS Products