October 1, 2014 | 1159 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2010 6:23:00 AM More reviews by DivaEx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I just had to try this Chanel Vitalumiere Liquid Foundation that looks so good on the SA and totally delish seeing as it's Chanel! Beige #40 is the best color match to my skin that I've ever come across but... (and there's always a rather big but ...) as lovely as this liquid foundation is on application and feel it had no staying power!!! I strictly do the whole twice daily shebang of cleansing, toning and moisturising as well as prepping and priming before foundation but Chanel Vitalumiere did not last - especially around the T-Zone. I tried their primers as well as other brands and I even went without primer (a big no-no I know). I applied Mattifying Pore-Minimizing Gel on my T-Zones and still nothing. I found that within a few hours of wear that it just SLID OFF my face!!! I had a decent size sample and tried it over several different days and weeks - still the same. I tried SUPER hard to love this but alas in vain!!! Feels lovely and gives a slightly dewy smooth light coverage but has no lasting power. Can't justify it's purchase even though it's the perfect shade ;o( However this may well work on someone with DRY skin and no oily T-Zone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by womanwarrior

Chanel... you have spoiled me from buying any other brand of foundation. I use Vitalumiere in Cameo/Clair during the winter, when I'm about NC25. While many foundations aimed a dry skin are thick creams, this is a thin fluid, which thankfully comes in a pump which dispenses a small amount at a time. Like most Chanel foundations, this just melts into my skin. I met a friend for lunch with this on, and she was staring at my face and finally blurted out, "Your skin looks so perfect, no dark spots!" (As I have some melasma thanks to pregnancy and BCP)

Vitalumiere can get shiny on me during the summer, when my skin gets oilier, so I switch to either Teint Innocence or Shiseido SPF powder then.

Yes, the price is expensive, but the bottle is huge and will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by appey01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried so many foundations and I can say that this has topped them all. I just recently purchased Nars Sheer Glow and I wanted to love this - but it highlighted all of my dry patches so I decided to go with the new formulation of Chanel's Vitalumiere Moisture Rich Radiance Foundation and I was floored by the results. I wasn't so sure I would love this due to the fact that I hardly wear sheer foundations but this foundation is my HG, my skin is smooth, and calm. I have dry, sensitive skin and mostly all foundations either irritate my skin or just don't work. I love this stuff! I also purchased this with the Poudre Universal Loose Powder - an amazing combination. Both are a bit pricey but with the amount that you have to use to get a flawless finish, I'll have these both for years- quite an investment if you ask me. I highly recommend!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by sara99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation. i put it on in the store as a joke and turned to my friend and her jaw dropped because she saw such a noticeable change in my skin (and i did not tell her i applied the foundation!). a little goes a LONG way, my bottle has lasted me forever and if and when i run out...i'll definitely purchase another one. my skin looks dewy without being greasy, great coverage and makes your skin look naturally flawless, it's as if you aren't wearing anything at all and your skin is just normally perfect.

LOVE!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by LeanneMM

I've had this foundation for about nine months now, and really do like it. (I have the Satin Smoothing version of this, not the Moisture-Rich one.) I normally don't spend this much on makeup, but I went along with a friend to get our makeup done by the traveling Chanel team at Bloomingdale's, and I loved how my skin looked so much that I bought it.

I have it in the Cameo/Clair color, and it definitely has a yellowish cast to it, but it still makes my skin look dewy and glowy. Since I use Retin-A and am 38, my skin is a weird mixture of oiliness mixed with dry patches. This foundation doesn't make the dry patches stick out. (I can't get mineral foundation to work for me since it makes it seems to settle in all my fine lines and makes the dry areas look terrible.)

This also has buildable coverage, so you can add layers to get more covering. Since I don't like a heavy look, I usually add a second layer only over my nose, to cover a broken capillary.

A little of this also really goes a long way. I usually only wear it three or four days a week (to work only), and I've only used up about 1/4 of the bottle.

I will definitely buy this again, but did mark off a lippie because the price is so high!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by beep_boop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation. Light to medium coverage. A glowing, dewy finish afterward. It's beautiful, really. I love it, I just wish it gave more coverage (although that isn't Chanel's fault given that a natural finish is this foundation's purpose).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, I caved because I just found out that no, the creme is not coming out in Canada or the States, just in France. Rats, so I bought the liquid. The colour is perfect for me (whereas the 10 Limpid Nude in Pro-lumiere) so that's not a problem and it doesn't turn orange on me. It does tend to bring out my dryness so I make sure I have good moisturizer underneath and I've exfoliated regularly. I use the pro-lumiere on my cheeks a bit as a concealer and that is good under the eyes as well, otherwise, I set with pressed or loose powder or nothing at all. All my rouges stay true with this, so until they bring the creme, I will use this. And, it does have SPF although it seems somethin is stinging my face. I will have to see if it is the SPF or it is some new skin care product I am trying. The consistency is a bit chalky but easy to spread, perhaps it needed a tad more lipids for dryer skins, but if the colour is true, that's pretty much all I can ask for now and I am thankful for that. I do love the pump and I love the packaging and there is no smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by LornaRestall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was extremely disappointed with this foundation, I've been wanting to find the perfect foundation for ages, but its been so frustrating buying new products to find they don't suit me at all. I wanted a change from the ysl perfect touch foundation that i used because i'd bought two bottles of it in a row and i like trying out new products. Because i'd got on so well with Chanel's bronze universal i thought i'd try their foundation, plus i'd heard good reviews about it. I purchased this foundation because i have dry skin and this is recommended rather than the matte foundation that Chanel do.

Out of all the high priced make-up brands that i've tried for foundation, this has been the worst. It was disgustingly greasy when i put it on, half way through the day i couldn't touch my face because it was so oily, if i ran my finger across my cheek it felt like i was wiping a load of lard off it, it was a horrible and uncomfortable feeling! it was a similar feeling to when you first put your foundation on and your waiting for it to dry - it was like this foundation never dried!

The colour match was quite good, but i didn' t like the finish, i later found out its meant to have as described a 'slightly satin finish' but i just found it had a shiny greasy finish! with no that much coverage either, it was quite thin so i didn't feel it gave enough coverage around the nose, and other problem areas.

The only plus point of this foundation for me was the packaging, i really like Chanel's packaging and this foundation came in a lovely glass bottle that had an easy to use pump and a cap that stayed put!

As i said before i'd heard that Chanel had good reviews for their foundation and a make-up artist at ysl told me that he thinks people either love or hate the foundation from his experience...so if your thinking of purchasing i would ask for a tester sample first, because i tried it on before i bought it but at that time i didn't realize how greasy it would become. Although, i was able to take it back and get a refund luckily, which is always a good thing about buying from luxury brands - they are always willing to keep you happy and give you a refund or exchange so that you will come back in the future.

After using this foundation (and trying two others by different brands) i was relieved to finally go back to ysls perfect touch foundation - which i will review as well :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by amybabygrrl06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absoloutly lovely. I have very oily skin and this makes me look matte but healthy and glowing! Gives a nice coverage and covers freckles and spots. I got the palest shade they do and it blends to my skin flawlesly. My only problems are that the pump top seems to have got a little blocked but an orange stick unblocked it very effectively. If I press the pump all the way down I only need half the ammount to get a good, full coverage but as it goes off after a year its not too bad. Overall an amazing product that I will definately buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation. It's the only one i've found thats fair enough for my pale skandivian skin(NC15-NC25). The formula is very light, and soo easy to apply. I use a foundation brush, and apply from a dab on my hand. The result is perfect-looking, dewy skin, and the result lasts all day, even when not wearing powder on top. (Partly thanks to my primer of course.) Thanks to its yellow tone, it's perfect for covering spots as well. It is very expensive, but it is also the best. I am on my 2nd bottle now. It is very longlasting, and I had my first bottle for nearly two years. I know you're not supposed to have it that long, but it's in a pump-bottle, and fingers doesn't ever come close. (I store it in a drawer, so no sunlight hits it.)