December 22, 2014 | 908 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

REFORMULATED. Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=153868/ColorStay-Makeup-%2824-hour-formula---2012/2013%29/Revlon/Liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by carouselgirl2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried numerous drug store brands but always come back to this one! It's a full coverage foundation and I prefer that. I have oily skin and this controls it really well. Most other foundations tend to disappear after a few hours but not this one. It lasts all day for me. I use an E.L.F. foundation brush to apply it and it goes on smooth and natural looking. Covers evenly and disguises blemishes well. I will definitely repurchase this product. I'm done trying different brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Shelby3387

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
good coverage for a drug store foundation

cons:
got cakey after a few hours
hard to apply
smelt like paint
made my dry skin show a lot more
color didnt match well

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by criticize

Best drugstore foundation I've ever tried. I don't know how many bottles I've gone through, at least 10+ by now. There is a noticeable (for me anyway) difference between the Normal/Dry and Combo/Oily. Originally I thought because I have dry skin, I'd go with normal/dry (duh). But it's more streaky and liquidy, and doesn't stay on as well as the combo/oily, but the combo is thicker/heavier as it provides better coverage. Depends on your preference of foundations but I just grab the combo because it's a great medium to full coverage look and stays on all day. I'm not sure about the 24 hour claim on some of the bottles because I've never worn it for THAT long but I've worn my foundation for 16 hours on a hot, hard, working day and it literally stayed put (with drugstore primer+finishing powder). 150 Buff is my colour as I'm very fair with yellow undertones, I think Ivory is really pink under toned from what I could see in stores. The price is decent, I buy it for around 12$ a bottle which honestly I'd rather pay an extra 5ish $ for a great foundation than settle for something around 7$ and be unsatisfied. It lasts me a long time even though I use it every single day. I don't even use concealer all the time and I had horrible acne which this foundation covered all up beautifully. It has a nice sort of dewy finish -- it's not too wet, and not mattifying, it's just a perfect blend. I always set my foundations with a powder for extra assurance that my face won't melt off. As mentioned before, I have dry skin but I have an extremely oily nose, which is literally impossible to counteract and I have to blot it when I wear Colorstay, but I have to blot my nose constantly even when I'm not wearing makeup because it just overproduces oil, aka I don't blame the foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Shasta333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I like to try different ones just to experiment and see if there is something better, but always come back to this one. My face gets super oily with most foundations and even with no makeup, but this seems to keep it under control. Also it covers very well without looking like a lot of makeup. I use the revlon colorstay pressed powder to set it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Vickysolegit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product . For a pharmacy makeup I thought it was amazing ! It stayed on my face all day . I always put a light powder over my foundations to set it and to remove any shiny spots . Using that it looked great . But I am young & are very prone to acne marks so I just put a little concealer on my marks & discoloration to make it look really nice

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Bazingaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Brilliant foundation for a night out/ all day event as it doesn't budge or oxidise! A wide range of colours, and two different formulas for dry and oily skin which is great! I think its only spf 6 which is handy for photos. It doesn't come with a pump which is off putting as its unhygienic, but I bought a plastic pump bottle off ebay for about £2 and transferred it into that

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Eugeneee

Very good coverage but hard to remove :-( apart from that it is amazing foundation considering its price (also very very long lasting)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Vallim

Feels like a little too heavy on the skin. Hard to apply with just fingers. The thing I hate most is that it oxidizes so quickly. It makes me look like oompa loompa in minutes!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by raco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to think I had complete greaseball skin - Then I tried this product and realized that I was just using all the wrong products before. It's the first foundation I've used that actually didn't make my skin totally shiny. I've enjoyed using this product but I'm ready to move onto something better - Ironically, it didn't stay on my skin very well. If I accidentally swiped my hand across my nose, it would leave skid marks. So basically, if I was careful and didn't touch my face, it would be fine. I also found that I had to use a lot to build up on any discolored spots or zits - I was sort of piling it on. With that said, it's a good heavier foundation that goes on pretty naturally. I just think I can find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Kokopig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Could this be one of the best foundations in the universe?! Quite possibly! Being of very fair skin I find it quite hard to find a liquid foundation that will match me perfectly and deal with my oily t-zone without melting off my face by lunch time! I was thrilled when I discovered Revlon color stay makeup for combo/oily skin! I use the lightest shade (110 ivory) which has a pleasant make-uppy smell. Application is always very smooth (I use fingers or a brush to apply) the only problem being the lack of a pump dispenser, as many have already mentioned! I have no issues with caking and oily areas and kept at bay all day with a lightweight smooth feel! Not one to miss! I LOVE it!!