October 23, 2014 | 1101 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by onlyonelifexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am extremely picky when it comes to moisturizers. I have "extreme" combination skin to oily skin, meaning parts of my face can be extremely dry while most of my face is extremely oily.

This product is a TERRIFIC base for makeup. No doubt, though this gel-cream moisturizes, it will not heal the dry areas (I use the Aveeno Clear Complexion Moisturizer to clear my dry areas). But because this product is so lightweight, it is perfect as a moisturizing base. It does not make my face look "caked" after I apply my foundation and it provides the moisture to keep my skin moisturized and looking healthy.

I use this product every day as part of my daily routine. 1. I apply the Garnier Moisture Renew Gel-Cream. 2. Aveeno Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF 15. 3. Revlon ColorStay Foundation. 4. Maybelline Matte Powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by chaneal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I reallyyyyyyyyyyy wanted this product to work for me but it didn't help at all. I bought this because I heard it was a great moisturizer for oily skin because it's lightweight but still gives you good moisture. It did not do anything for my skin, my skin was just as oily as it was without this product. I love the scent of it and the glass jar is nice but I will definitely not repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

I get why a lot of people might not like this moisturizer, especially those with dry skin. But, this is perfect for those with oily and/or acne-prone skin who are looking for a light moisturizer. Personally, I have acne-prone skin that is normally oily but also dry due to the use of BP, AHA & Retin-A. Although this didn't make me breakout, which is pretty amazing, it didn't moisturize enough for me. I'm looking for a moderately moisturizing product that will help the dryness I get, especially from using Retin-A. I do think that if you are looking for a great none irritating moisturizer that is very light this would be perfect. I will totally love this for the summer when I am not as dry but for now the search continues. I don't get why they don't package this in tube form. It's really inconvenient to have to scoop this out with a q-tip every time I use it and having to screw open and close the damn jar. It's a gel consistency that would be perfect out of a tube. Also, although this is inexpensive, I got mine for about five bucks, there isn't much product considering that it is a light gel and a good amount doesn't go a long way. One jar will last about a month with consistent use, but its cheap enough that even if you had to buy a jar per month its not a big deal.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Ashes83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

when i first bough this product, i loved it, i really did. my skin is quite oily in some spots but can get really dry in other spots. but after a using it a while, i started to get these little bumps, which were not quite pimples but were enough for me to notice. when i stopped using it, however, it only took about 2 to 3 days for my skin to clear up. i also noticed that at times it could over moisturize. so i would not recommend this for people with really sensitve skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by princessami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination skin, and this moisturizer left me dry and tight everywhere, even in my oily spots. I really like the way it feels while putting it on, and the smell is pleasant, but those are the only redeeming qualities of this moisturizer, for me. It left my skin feeling so awful I couldn't recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Khara04

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My go-to daily moisturizer. I love this stuff! It's light and refreshing, doesn't make me break out and makes a great first layer before primer, foundation, etc. Probably not great for those with dryer skin, but my oily skin loves it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by xDevilicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING~
my skin always breaks out whenever i use oil-based moisturizers. but, when i use oil-free moisturizers, my skin becomes tight and flaky...

but this one is oil free but is so moisturizing that my skin feels really clean and refreshed after using it. it's not sticky and has a wonderful smell to it.

definitely will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My favorite moisturizer of all time was the Garnier Fresh series that is not available in the US. This is the first Garnier product in the US that comes close to it. The Fresh was a cream that felt like a gel. This is just a gel. I really love the way it feels. It makes my skin feel supple and hydrated. I love that it doesnt feel thick or greasy. I would prefer if it came in a pump rather than a jar (like the SPF lotion) but the only thing that bothers me about this product is the scent. It is very pleasant and fruity like all Garnier products. In the beginning I thought this was nice and smelled good, but after a while it just seems like youre using shampoo. I've already used 2 jars of this and will repurchase later. It's a very good and inexpensive moisturizer especially for the summer. I'm using something else thats a bit thicker and more protective to get me through the winter. All in all, love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by cc001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this for the summer. It was very refreshing to put on. It's very light weight (it feels like you don't have moisturizer on) and it does moisturize very well. It doesn't give you a shiny finish and it leaves your skin very smooth.
Now it's headed toward the winter, and my skin tends to get a little drier. This doesn't moisturize my drier patches enough, so I just use a different moisturizer for them. But I still like this. When my skin is good (no dry patches) I use this.
I recommend this for oily skin, this might not be moisturizing enough for people with dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by thedallasdiary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this moisturizer for about a year now. It isn't perfect but it has been good enough for me to stick with it. It doesn't cause me to break out. My skin looks dewy and clean. I'll have to get something a little more substantial for a few dry spots (around my nose, cheeks) this winter.