September 30, 2014 | 1587 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by lilith1979

Although as other posters have commented this isn't the best for controlling shine, I love how it makes my pores look smoother and the texture of my skin appears to be evened out when I use it too. It's great under make-up, and the packaging is super cute, but then I love Benefit's packaging, I know I'm shallow, but it's what initially drew me to their range.

I wouldn't say this is one of their star products, Bad Gal Liner, Hoola Bronzer, or Benetint would take that crown for sure, and it's probably not even the best primer on the market, but it works slightly different to some of the other primers out there in my opinion, it appears to be lightly tinted which lends an extra evening out quality to the products texture.

It's definitely worth asking for a sample from your local Benefit counter to see if it works for you. I use it whenever I feel my skin needs an extra helping hand under my foundation and it makes my Bare Minerals go on smoother.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by roxannefourteen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is cute as most benefit cosmetics packaging are. It feels very powdery and smooth on my skin but I don't think it controls my oils. With it's price I don't think I would buy again. I'll search for other primers instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Summerkisses88

I tried this on a couple of times, and every time I did try it. I would end up breaking out within the next day. There were days when it would work great and other days it seems like it did nothing for my face. So it was a 50/50 thing for me but I wouldn't try it again due to the painful pimples I would get.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by jueda

This product applies wonderfully when your skin is well moisturised! it helps my makeup last all day and seem flawless. I love using this product in summer to help it stick out through the heat. When i use it in winter, my foundations seems to look a bit cakey and dry cause of the weather and my skin is usually even dryer in that season though which is a bit of a down side to the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by elidee14

This is a great product to minimize pores. But because I am extremely oily it does not keep me matte throughout the day. I will continue repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by missjc75

I was assured by the sales assistant at Benefit that this was unbeatable for combating shine. Wrong! While it defintely has a lovely velvety feel on application and I would say does enable make-up to go on smoother, I would say it definitely does not reduce shine. My forehead looked as it always does (like an oil slick) again within a few hours with this on under foundation. Won't be re-purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by sesamine

Works. But only for 5 minutes. Wont buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Abi18

I find this product to be very useful and since originally receiving a sample of it about 2 years ago, I have now repurchased it twice.
I use it on pretty much a daily bases and find that it does wonders for my skin. It covers any visible pores and smoothens my skin. It creates a base for my foundation and I find that y make-up stays on longer because of it.
I like the packaging and find the tube easy to use.

However, I do think that this product's price lets it down. Although Benefit is a fairly high-end brand, I believe that they have priced this product too highly for what it is. I live in Ireland and it costs me about €30 to buy it if I didn't find the product so good, I definitely would not be willing to spend that amount of money.

Overall, a really good product. I would recommend it to anyone out there who would like their skin to be smoother and softer and their pores to be visibly reduced.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by lipsticknlinguine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't get the hype.

Saw it promoted so heavily and so much hype by beauty "gurus" and so thought it must be the best product ever!! So guess who went ahead and ordered the big jumbo size!!

IT feels nice on but gives a really dull appearance on the skin, catching every little imperfection, Have only kept it on my face all day a couple of times. I usually take it off after a while because I don't like the look of it. I have not used it on its own only under liquid foundation and im not super impressed. I don't hate it.. I just don't feel like it does all that much for me other than mattify a bit. And my makeup doesn't feel like it "sticks" to my face

I don't HATE it but its just not as good as so many of their other products. Definitely a miss for dry skin types.

Will stick to my smashbox one

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Katmetology

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted this product for months before I bought it. I ran right home and applied it over my face -- smooth as butter, and my pores were almost invisible!

Then ten minutes passed. Suddenly, my pores were back, and my face was half an inch lower. I tried it a few more times, but no dice.

It's a slick, oily mess, and my skin isn't even that oily. Fail!