October 21, 2014 | 1201 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by hillaryelizabeth

It minimized my pores somewhat, but there were a few on my cheeks that still showed through after I applied my foundation.

It didn't help my foundation last longer--it faded after a few hours on my chin and nose.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by acecee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ladies, this product is good - however it does not control oil! As i am a frequent YouTube beauty guru watcher, i realized almost every single one of them has used this in their videos, which made me wanna buy it to see what the fuss is all about. So its an amazing primer to even the skin tone out and also even the skin level out (it fills in the pores), but DO NOT use this on its own for a primer (if youre oily). Use it along with another primer to keep oil at bay (i prefer beccas mattifying primer)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by bamberson

This is a nice product that does what it says it will. I have large pores on my cheeks and so I use this and my foundation goes smoothly on top. The primer is a bit thick so I like to warm it up between my fingers for a couple of seconds to help it glide on better. Although it is a great product I am still searching for a primer that does the same thing for a cheaper price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by MissJoceV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product BUT I do not recommend it to those with acne prone skin. I have recently discovered that it has been breaking me out and have stopped using it. Other than that, it's a great product! Foundation goes on smoothly over it and prevents "smile lines/creasing", and I would say it helps makeup stay on longer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Not the absolute worst primer but about average and given the price that's not acceptable. Went on smooth but only one of my foundations looked quite right over it. Luckily I got the trial size as a freebie. I'm amazed by the average quality of BeneFit's over-hyped and over-priced products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by pailbluesea

I accidentally got a full-sized tube from a $5 sample bin. I have v sensitive skin, with large pores and sebaceous filaments and flaky parts and all the things that can derail foundation. This settles beautifully, erases my pores and makes my foundation look amazing, smooth and polished - I can definitely see the difference when I forget to use this in my makeup application. I haven't noticed it breaking me out. HG primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by cron

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I thought this was great so I bought another tube but ended up returning that one when I bought another primer in the meantime and realised The Porefessional is actually pretty crap. It makes the skin beautifully smooth and soft to begin with but it seems to vanish in about three hours and my skin then felt as if there was nothing on it, yet more unpleasant than if it was actually bare. I don't normally wear foundation but when I did, this primer sometimes made it hard to apply and I had many tiny wee balls of foundation and primer on my face. Waiting or not waiting for the primer to dry/set made no difference. I struggled with dry skin for a wee bit and this made it look worse as well. No opinion on pores because mine are not very visible at all. I think primers need to be tried because how it worked on other people's skin can have no relation to how it works for you. Small tubes can be bought online or as a part of Benefit's many kits so I recommend to try this to see if it works for you. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by drok

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What kind of primer is this?? It oxidizes all my foundations. It helps foundations to stay longer only a little bit more. A silicone based moisturizer will do a better job than that. Such a waist of money!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Surfaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This primer does kinda smoothen up the pores and I have large ones. It fills them in and blurs the skin a little. I use it under mineral makeup and it works well, I've also tried it under Guerlain Parure de Lumiere liquid foundation and it looked messy but this foundation is generally messy to me. Under Mat Velvet + it worked great.
Repurchase? Probably not, the effect is nothing miraculous really.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is pretty good stuff. I'm not big on primers, but I like the smoothing effect this has and it veils pores well. It feels velvety soft and has a nice scent. I'm not sure if it really makes a huge difference on how long my make up lasts though so I'm not sure if I'd repurchase.