August 22, 2014 | 1803 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOOOOVE this stuff!!!
As I've gotten older, my pores have gotten somewhat visible on my nose, forehead, & apples of my cheeks. I heard/read this is very good for filling them in, so I gave it a try when I saw it at Ulta with a little "bonus" of the "It's Potent" eye cream (will review separately). It's a little pricey, but you don't have to use much, so the tube should last a while.
This stuff does what it says! It fills in my pores making them invisible. I've even used it to fill in a hole from a pimple that I had picked at (I know, my bad!) that was healing & it even filled in that hole. Awesome! You can use this under your makeup or over it, so if you find that during the day, you need a touch up, you can apply it over your makeup. I've tried it, & it worked just as well as it does when I put it on under my makeup.
This is not meant to be an all over face primer. If you look at the little insert that comes inside the box, it even shows where it's intended to be used. I still use a separate primer on the rest of my face.
I adore this, & will continue to repurchase. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by chrissy2020

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went ahead and purchased this because it seems like everybody's raving about it. I have large pores on my cheeks and the sides of my nose and I had high hopes that the Porefessional will help conceal or minimize those. I like the way it minimized the shine on my t-zone but ti didn't deliver in terms of making the pores appear smaller. If you're looking for a mattifying primer, this should be right up your alley. However, if you're looking for a primer that will minimize the appearance of your pores, forget it. Try That Gal instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by reking16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, i was sooo excited about this primer. I thought that it would make my pores disappear . I also heard that this can long the wear of your foundation so that was a plus. When i first tried this product on it felt like pearls were being rubbed on my face,and i was so happy that i bought it. I put on my foundation and went out the door. When i came home my face looked horrible! My foundation looked like it was slipping off of my face! My pores and fine lines looked worse than they ever did. There was patches of dry spots, and then spots where my face looked oily(i have combo skin). So i thought it was just something i did wrong, so i tried it again but i let it sit for 5 minutes before putting on my foundation. When i got home it was a little better but not by much i didn't have any dry spots. Then i tried it today with some moisturizer on my face(i let that sit in for about 5 minutes) and then put on the primer waiting 10 minutes before putting any foundation on, and still when i got home i was disappointed. I thought this stuff was going to be good, thats why i paid 30 bucks for it. Also not to mention this broke me out! There was more blackheads and clogged pores on my face than ever! Though this is not surprising everything kinda makes me break out. I will give this primer one more time and keep posted. Though if it doesnt work i will just toss it in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by cdove

POREfessional is a good product but not a great one. It is a primer but I feel as if it is not worth it's $30 pricetag while sold individually. The only time I purchase this product is when it is included in one of the limited edition kits

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by crismeticos

I bought this because I got my makeup done one day at Sephora and the girl used it on me and I really liked it. I have some large-ish pores on my nose and some larger ones on my right cheek. The texture is great, it is like silk and I do see an acceptable difference when using this. I will say that this does not work as a face primer though. What I do is wash my face, moisturize lightly, let sink in.2-3 minutes. Next, put on the porefessional, light layers and blend in with short strokes, not rubbing. I let it set for another two or three minutes. Then, a face primer, but even less amount than usual. Let it set. 2 minutes.Then I'll do my foundation and such or just a good coverage face powder. This is what I do when I'm going out for dinner or a party, I don't wear it everyday. And in those 2-3 minute dead times I look for my outfit, check my shoes, paint my toenails, use my epilady, or whatever. I would not buy this again because it is expensive and I want to experiment with other products that claim the same.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

I bought this intending to use it as a primer. I have used this stuff on and off. I like how soft it is but it really makes my foundation really hard to blend. I am thinking that this stuff is best to use on a day where you won't be wearing makeup and just want subtle difference. I will probably end up using the rest I have left around my nose where it gets dry and flaky with my other primer. It does hide my pores a bit but for the $34 price tag it doesn't do much else. I also think I am starting to break out from it. Won't be using the rest everyday and I don't think I will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by ileana09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had such high expectations for this product. I have some pores around my nose that aren't super visible but if you look close enough you can see them. I has heard this was also good for oily skin. I really gave it a shot but I really hated this product. When I put it on it felt really light and silky. Once I blended it into my skin I felt like it was sitting on my skin. You really had to work it in to get it to set. Anwyay the product didn't really fill in my pores. I think maybe only a minimal amount covered my pores. You're only supposed to put a thin layer but I felt that I had to put on like 3 coats to see a noticeable difference. I also felt that even when I tried work it in to my skin I could see the product. It was supposed to match any skin tone but it seemed like it was too light or something and I could see the product. I used it as a primer as well and I felt like it made my oily skin even more oily and it made my makeup be ruined faster.
Another thing that was disappointing was that about 3 weeks after I opened it, the formula chaned. I would squeeze some out and out would come the tan colored formula as well as a white liquid. I don't exactly know what happened to it. I can only assume that it went bad. I thought it may have been because I had stopped using it for about a week so I tried mixing it in the bottle and it would mix together. I kept getting a white liquid and the cream so then I tired just squeezing it and using it like that but the white liquid would not mix with the cream. I thought maybe if I rubbed it in it would still work but no. The cream would rub in alright but the white liquid would sit on my face. I'm assuming it was some type of oil. So all in all this product is ruined.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ivettg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought many Benefit cosmetics over a period of time (this one not being one of them), and have received at least three sample size of the Porefessional. I'm on my second one now (because if I have it, I might as well just use it, since I can't give it to anyone), and have to say I do not understand the hype. I have enlarged pores, and this product does not seem to do anything to them. As a primer it does an ok job, but for the price, I won't be repurchasing it. Packaging is cute tho, as always with BeneFit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I bought this primer when it first came out and there was no reviews on YT or in the blogosphere. The SA at the benefit counter said she swears by this primer and it gives her flawless look every time. I have oily/combo skin with very large pores around my nose and the inner checks area so that's the main area I put the primer on. I also tried to put it over my acne but unless your acne is free of flaky skin this primer will accentuate it even more. I tried not to use it all the time,only on those special day I want to look really flawless because I'm afraid it'll clogged my pores. This is a pore covering primer so it will not prolonged your makeup or prevent oil from showing through but for what this primer intended to do,it's pretty amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I have two mini sizes of this from different benefit kits I've bought. I don't find it keeps my makeup on (although I don't think it's intended to) but it makes my skin look good. It fills in my pores & smooths my skin so my makeup goes on nicely. It's pretty pricy, but I haven't found another primer that fills in my pores like this.