July 29, 2014 | 2173 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although I love benefit, this primer, if you can call it that did nothing for my skin. My foundation went on as if it didn't have a primer underneath not to mention the cost for so little product. This is very thin and just didn't work for me. But I still love you benefit!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Decent primer- probably the best I've ever used (although I've not tried many). Definitely fills up pores- reducing their apparent size (although I'm worried that over-use would cause acne?) only grumble is the price- and benefit rarely does offers...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

Best pore filling primer I ever tried!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

This primer was really a toss up for me. I got it on sale at Ulta for $43, it was a huge limited edition size. I had tried a couple samples that were given to me the last time i was in, and i loved thethe formula. It made my skin really soft, the texture was silky smoothe, i didnt have any problems with break-outs or skin irritation, and it did an excellent job at filling in a couple large pores that i have, and it made applying foundation easier because it would just glide right over my imperfections. I was dead set on going.into ulta and buying a bottle of this- because i liked it so much. I have MANY high end primers, but i like to switch everything up and try new products. I have been using BeneFit for a long long time... and overall, i really enjoy the brand. With that being said, sometimes i buy their products just because i love the SUPER adorable packaging and marketing on the products. So after i got the bottle home, i used it religiously for maybe a week straight... and what a bummer it was. I remember using the samples of this primer and loved it, what happened? The product was still silky smoothe and i still loved the way it felt on my skin- but that was it. After an hour of doing my makeup, i noticed that my foundation was like a slip and slide on my face. Some spots were darker than others, some spots looked really thick and cakey, it made my skin feel oily- all of which had never happened while i was testing the samples. This product is way too expensive to settle with these results. I ended up giving it to my mom, because she loves it and uses it every single day. I am not sure if it was my skin type or what? Will i repurchase? Nah. there are too many other good primers out there to settle for one that doesnt do its job.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by bfish14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and this is one of the better primers I've tried but it still wasn't great. It is thicker than most primers and wasn't greasy. It was okay by itself but when I put foundation over it, the foundation did not stay in place. It wasn't a total mess or anything but it was annoying. I will continue using Avon Magix primer for a third of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by alleeyanah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

A bit pricey here in the Philippines but it is WORTH IT. I don't think my foundation has ever looked this good. Right when I put it on my face it made my skin feel really silky and smooth. My foundation glided on well, making my skin look NATURALLY flawless.
I have combination skin and my T-zone tends to get SUPER oily midday, fading the perfect makeup I applied earlier.
With Porefessional however, I was surprised my makeup still looked perfect 6 hours later as it did when I first applied it! Plus my T-zone isn't that oily! I think I may have just found my holy grail.

PROS:
- naturally flawless foundation (no pores/blemishes seeping through)
- controls oil
- pigments such as blush or bronzer is still as vibrant as i first applied it

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by claudianicole1

the product made my skin very soft and smooth. Packaging said it helps makeup stay put.. i used it with the kat von d lock it foundation and in a few hours the foundation was blotchy and i had patches of darker foundation all over my face.. it was a mess!! Plus i could still see my pores.. Ok product if you would want to use it alone on your face to matte-fy it and smooth your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Marissaxox

I think I am in love <3 this is the HG of primers! I don't know how you couldn't love this product! It's oil free, light weight, feels sooooo silky smooth and even has vitamin E for your skin! My foundation goes on sooo much better with it and it helps keep my oiliness at bay! It's a little bit pricey, but it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by rrrkadirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am OBSESSED with this product. If I could cover my entire body in it, I would. It makes my skin feel like smooth, luscious, velvet, and it smells so clean and crisp. When I put this on in the morning and get a whiff of that awesome scent, it puts me in a good mood. I use half a pea-sized amount, mainly focusing on my inner cheeks/nose, as that is where I have my pore issues. Then I smooth whatever is left over on the rest of my face. My foundation goes on super flawlessly. I've used this with the Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow, Timebalm, and many drugstore foundations, and they all go on perfectly if paired with Porefessional. This stuff is also amazing at taking shine away, and I feel like it helps even out my skintone a bit too. Sometimes I'll wear it all by itself just to give my skin a polished look, or I'll use it to "touch up" like Benefit recommends doing. It takes away shine and keeps things looking nice. It is very pricey though, but a little bit goes a long way. I've been using it for two months, and I'm just using a deluxe sample! I bought a full size and one of the value sizes as back ups. The value size is definitely a good deal, because I got double the amount in a regular sized tube for nine bucks more. I'll take it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by omgVitasoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got the sample sized version of this in the "How to look the best in everything" package at sephora, and I really liked it! The primer has a semi-thick consistency, smells nice, and really does a good job covering the look of my pores. It does a better job at oil-absorbing than anything else I've tried (MUFE and Smashbox), so it's a big plus for anyone with oily skin. I wish they had bigger sized tubes of this stuff, and the fact that it's pretty expensive, which is the reason I'm not buying it again. If you get this as a gift, though, it's a good product :)