December 21, 2014 | 1417 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - Spin Pin

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by jackontherocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Just bought these at Walgreens ( $1 off *and* buy one get one free!) and they are great. I love the look of loose buns for work but i feel like using elastics just looks awkward & never stays long enough. However, bobby pins are just annoying and require too many. THESE are great tho, simple to use (literally just "screw" them in) and they hold for hours! Def would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by cupidger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The commercial was misleading. I thought it was a flexible wire that you had to twist it around the bun, but i was wrong. After searching all places for the brunette one, i managed to find one at Walgreens.
These are 2 hard spiral coils. After twisting your bun in place, you just have to screw it into your bun, (one from the bottom up and the other from the top down). They are so simple to use and hold the bun very securely if you do it right. <3 it

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by zachchrismom76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I didn't buy the Goody brand, i found some on *bay for .99 with free ship, lol. I wasn't really sure they would work in my hair, so I didn't want to shell out $6. Anyways, even if they are some cheap generic kind, they work fantastically. I have very think, coarse, past my shoulder hair, and these keep a bun in place all day. That would usually take about 15 bobby pins. I went back to the same seller and bought two more sets as back-ups, just 2 pins is all it takes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Taniaebj

This is a great little product. I love it because it keeps my hair in place all day long, and it's easy to use. My hair has gotten fine as I have gotten older, but these little screws hold it well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Tlc007

I am very surprised that this works! I was confused with the directions so I watched some videos on youtube and it is super easy and holds my thick, layered, hair up all day! Great idea to keep hair up without using my old ponytail holders that I would have to redo 3 or 4 times a day!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by marijean

This is a great product, and while U.S.$5.99 seemed like a lot to pay for two pins it was absolutely worth every penny. I have been dancing since age 4, and pulling my hair up into a reasonably secure and attractive bun never stopped being an awful, 20-minute trial that made me question my own competence. The spin pins reduce this process to 20 ridiculously easy seconds.

I have long, layered hair. Hair stylists always comment that while each hair is actually quite fine and slippery, I have a LOT of hair on my head. This means that it often defeats even the most secure mechanisms for keeping it swept up nicely. If I insert the spin pins securely, they hold all my layers in securely for around 4 active hours without the aid of any other product (i.e. hairspray, gel, pins, etc.). After than, it literally only takes another 20 seconds to redo the bun, even for an incompetent like myself.

One thing to note: the spin pins will only secure whatever quality of bun you have formed before inserting them. Twist your hair into a tight, no-nonsense bun and they will secure it. But twist your hair into a looser or uneven bun and the results will be both messier and much shorter lasting.

Recommended.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by veganhooper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These are miracle devices! I love them. They truly have the power of like 20 bobby pins or more. My hair is semi thick and I have a lot of it. I don't usually even bother with bobby pins. I can get a bun to hold with just 2 spin pins. They are amazing. I bought 4 sets in case I want to do multiple buns. I rated the packaging low because it is overkill and wasteful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

I think these are a fun idea, and will probably work for most girls, but I don't seem to have enough hair for them, or at least my hair is not thick enough. You can see both pins after I spin them in, and even though they hold up the hair, it feels really loose and feels like it can come out at any second.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Zevie

I'm not crazy about the spin pin. I have medium length, thick hair and I just can't get it all to stay in the pins. Maybe I'm not doing it correctly? I've played around with it but my hair always ends up falling out after 30 minutes to an hour. However, I like the pins even though they don't work that well. I often put my wet hair in them and let it air dry. I have to redo the bun every hour or so, but when my hair is mostly dry, I have pretty waves. I also do a lot of half up buns with the pins. They don't stay in all day but for only half of my hair, they hold up pretty well. I think maybe more pins would hold my hair up more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Awesome product! It took me forever to get one as all of my local Targets and Walmarts were sold out of the blond one for weeks.

This is so handy and does exactly what it says it does. You spin those pins in on opposite sides of your bun close to your head, and you have a secure bun. I have used this for a low bun to wear to work a couple times now. Everyone always asks me how I did it without bobby pins all over the back of my head.