TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

on 6/28/2011 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After trying Suave dry shampoo, I thought I'd give this one a chance. Though the Tresemme dry shampoo seems to have much more product (the Suave seemed to run out really fast), it is essentially worthless to me. I have straight, oily hair- seemingly the perfect candidate for this product. However, even after managing to blend in all of the white residue, my hair does not look any cleaner, and definitely feels dirtier. I almost feel like this product would be more accurately marketed as a texturizer, but I probably wouldn't rate it much higher as that just due to its general nastiness. I would recommend either Suave or baby powder over this product (both are normally cheaper as well).

on 6/26/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I can't believe how negative these reviews are! My hair is jetblack and I don't seem to have the same residue problem as the other reviewers. Hold the can about 10 inches away from your roots, and spray in quick spurts! Do NOT apply this in the same fashion as you use hairspray. It is a great texturizer for hair, not just roots, also. When I wear my hair in loose beachy waves I spray this throughout my hair and tease in random sections. Many reviewers said that their hairy felt "chalky" after using this product, but for me the chalkiness works because my hair is too silky to hold in even bobby pins. When I use this product, however, my hair has enough texture to be easily styled. Consider your hair texture and hairstyle before using this product! It works great for coarse hair, and I love the clean scent.

on 6/26/2011 3:35:00 AM

I'm satisfied with this dry shampoo.. Whenever I don't wash my hair I use this stuff Togo the day with then shower completlyyyyyy .. But in the beginning I found thus is leave my hair sortta rough but you have to learn how to manage and control your hair as much as the dry shampoo. It actually works good :)

on 6/23/2011 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is absolutely the worst dry shampoo on the market. 'Nuff said.

I was actually surprised by how low the ratings are for this product! It leaves my hair smelling clean and takes away any shine, and also acts as a root lifter.Totally worked for me, and its not even targeted toward my hair type!
All I have to say is you have to follow the directions on the can to a T. You have to shake it vigorously for atleast 15 minutes before spraying, and make sure to spray atleast 10 inches from your head or else you'll get a grey "dusting". Make sure to let it sit 1-2 minutes (as directed!) before thoroughly brushing it out.
So, a great product, you just need to actually follow the directions.

on 6/23/2011 3:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It stinks! I would rather have my hair looking oily and dirty than with this thing on! So glad I decided to test it on a weekend I was to stay at home, because I had to wash my hair 1 hour later because I could not stand the smell (which lingered). Also this product makes your hair feel hard and difficult to brush. So gross!

on 6/23/2011 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

Left my hair feeling gross and greasy. I had to take a shower to get the chalky feeling out. I love to run my hands through my hair and my hair felt so stiff and just horrible. When I tried brushing it out, it coated my hair brush with the white powder.

I would not recommend this product to anyone.

on 6/22/2011 12:50:00 PM

My hair is thick and fine, sort of a dirty blonde . I usually wash it at night then go the next day without washing and then do it the next night. Gotta say, that doesn't really work out well because my hair gets fairly oily and gross if I go too long, so by that 2nd day I have it up and don't show my face in public.. ANYWAY since at this point I'm too lazy to change my routine, I thought dry shampoo would help out a little. In fact, I was ridiculously excited to try this TRESemme stuff out. Today is my day to wash, and this morning I sprayed some in my hair, making sure to hold it far away from my head so as not to make it clump or whatever. After I brushed it out, my hair felt clean, if not a little bushy, which is weird. It's about two hours later, and my hair still feels a little oily, but it's fairly presentable. In conclusion, I doubt I'll buy this brand again, though I've heard good reviews on the Batisse (?) dry shampoo and might try that out.

on 6/22/2011 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It's horrible! Made my hair all white and it was hard to brush out the white residue.

on 6/21/2011 3:52:00 AM

Love this product! Its not only great for its intended use, but also as a root booster... love love love and it smells decent.. but not over powering

Video Reviews & Tutorials