July 24, 2014 | 2039 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst - Soft Nude 070 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by AnnabellaBean

I really like the color, I have been looking for a nude like this for a while, and it is a cute container.
    I find it goes on a little cakey. And it doesnt have much staying power, but most lipsticks dont. Its not bad, I like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by UrbanxGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of those love/hate relationships. I looove the packaging, and the shade of this nude. It is not too orange nor too pink. However... I feel that for ar drugstore product $9.00 is a bit steep. Particularly when you cannot demo the shade prior to purchase. On a more positive note, I do love this lipstick. When I initially purchased it the color was a perfect pale neutral nude. I have got some color since then and I am now finding ita bit pale. To remedy this I just place a darker "nude" or coral lipgloss over it. I am finding that when placing the coral toned gloss over this shade the Revlon lipstick acts as more of a lipcolor neutralizer. Just my take on this product. That being said, those with no darker than a medium skin tone should try this. Anyone darker will end up looking like they have concealer on. ;-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

This is the totally wrong shade for me (I am a NW20 in Mac). I have fairly pigmented lips and fair skin and the combination is not pretty. It doesn't blend well into my lips and looks streaky and very unflattering... it totally washes me out. I don't know if anyone else has noticed the same, but this lipstick also comes with very little product. I'm not a huge lipstick person so maybe all lipstick comes in this small of an amount? Either way I'm super disappointed in this color. The packaging of these lipsticks however, is beautiful. That's about the only thing I like unfortunately.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by sunnygator007

I just received this l/s in a swap. This is a really pretty nude shade on my NC 30-35 skin. Probably the only "true nude" lipstick I have tried thus far. I used a soft pink nude liner first and then applied this over it. It does have a creamy texture, but I find that it is slightly drying and definitely sets in lines. However, its nothing a sweep of peachy nude gloss couldn't fix. Once the gloss was applied, the color was perfect. I may try to experiment a bit more like using a light balm first and then the lipstick... or maybe a lip primer.

I must say, I looove the packaging of this product!

UPDATE: I find that this product works great in this order... line lips with nude liner (I use a pinkish nude), light balm (carmex) and then sweep on... top with sheer gloss (I have been using NYX in lollipop which is a frosty peach) and voila!

I will continue to search for a brand of nude that doesn't require so much "work" but this is definitely workable for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Angela2023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know what i was thinking when I picked this up. On nw40ish skin it looked horrible, it might as well have been grey as it gave me a very corpse like lip. As for being creamy I have to disagree. It was drying and climbed into any crack or dry spot on my lips. Definitely not a good color for tanned or dark skin. IMO its kinda pricey for a drug store brand, the only reason I picked it up was because revlon was bogo half off at Ulta. I'll stick to Mac's Freckletone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 6:54:00 AM More reviews by emsHUN

This lipstick is v. good!
    PRO'S
    - The consistency is creamy and glides on.
    - Quite a nice colour

CON'S
    - Not much product.
    - Colour does have a tinge of orange to me. But this is my first nude lipstick (infact my first lipstick I've owned) so I probably just need to get used to it.
    Overall, I'd buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by AbbyRoad

I really love this lipstick. I use it everyday.
    I wear a soft smokey eye everyday and it really pulls my look together.
    Sometimes ill use a gloss over it, such as a soft pink, turkish delight, and it brings out the color really well. Its deffently my staple.
    Will deffently buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 9:19:00 AM More reviews by mininana

I wish I had gotten this on a BOGO!! LOVE this lipstick it's such a pretty nude!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to admit, when I first picked this up and tried it on, it didn't knock my socks off...but I find myself coming back to it over and over again, and it's becoming a staple!

I've been on a quest to find the perfect pale creamy nude for my fair skin with yellow/neutral undertones, and I've tried a TON. Revlon's Nude Attitude and E.L.F.'s Natural Nymph wash me out and make me look dead, and won't go on evenly no matter how exfoliated my lips are. NYX's Pumpkin Pie and Revlon's Just Enough Buff pulled too orange and looked clownish. MUFE's Sepia 501 and NYX's Tea were too muddy brown, and L'Oreal's Endless Lipcolor in In the Buff had a weird greyish cast on my lips. (I wasn't kidding when I said I've tried a ton - that's not even the full list.)

Soft Nude mutes my lips without making me look dead, is peachy without turning orange, and goes on smoothly with a minimum of lip prep. It's the perfect compliment to smoky eyes. The formula has a creamy, demimatte finish. It can be a little drying, so I usually prep with a heavy lip balm or use a gloss over the top.

The Colorburst lipsticks are a little pricy for Revlon, but they go on sale much more frequently than HE brands; I picked up two as a BOGO deal, and I'm so glad I did! It's become my go-to for Brigitte Bardot lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by barbiepink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A lot of reviewers have mentioned that this nude lipstick was great because it doesn't give them a washed out look. However, on my fair skin it definitely does wash you out so I have to use this with a gloss over it. The color itself is nothing special, just a typical nude with a slight orange undertone. Moreover, if you're the type that likes the 'plump lips' effect, I do NOT recommend this lipstick..it has this ability to look like your lips has shrunk.