July 29, 2014 | 1966 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by aldrinmoore

I got this in ivory as im quite pale but it is very yellow.Also this did cover my sun spots that is at least untill i put my foundation on over the top of it, and i let it set and dry first.As soon as i put my make up over the top of it it just wiped away? very strange considering its suppose to be a water proof concealer..if you are pale like whitish in colour then the ivory will still be too yellow.you really need to apply this in natural daylight and not inside as you won' t detect how this really looks.? very expensive for what it actually does

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had a really bad hormonal breakout which left some dark spots around my chin. I am a nc44, Matchmaster 6, NARS Syracuse. I tried both 10 and 12 and 10 seemed to look a little ashy on me so I opted for 12. It covers my acne scars perfectly but seemed too dark for under my eyes. Overall the coverage and the staying power were great. It is a little expensive but you really just need a dab.

Edit: It ended up being too dark (you can tell it's there in normal daylight. Had to return :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in the lightest shade, 01, which is sadly not as light as I'd hoped. My skin is naturally NW5-10, and this looks a wee bit dark atop my foundation. I have cystic acne scarring (the worst kind) and this covers it all without any issues. Definitely full coverage; I made the mistake of using this under my eyes once, and what a mess that turned out to be! It looked like I had cracks in the concrete when I smiled. Blends well, doesn't dry too quickly and is heavy but looks natural (a must). Overall a very good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 5:15:00 AM More reviews by irina1411

So far, this is the best coverage product I discovered. I appreciate the matching tone, the staying power, the fact that with the tiniest amount, you can get a perfect cover. It's not shiny at all, which is the point, that you don't want to draw any attention to what you're covering up. Main disadvantage it's that it becomes cakey if you use more amount than you should, or if it's mixed up with other powdery products you might have on your face (like the foundation).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by kjmakeupaddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ohmygod, I love this stuff so much! I have extremely dark, purplish under eye circles due to genetics. I tried every single concealer and always end up buying super thick pigmented ones that cake like no other! Normal concealers such as Maybelline's don't do a single thing for me btw... So here comes this baby: I discovered whilst being in Sephora and was shocked at how well it covered. So I took it home. I have never looked back since!! It covers SO well!!! I still have to touch up once a day but that's such an improvement from approx. 5 times a day!! Looks natural and blends really nicely (just be quick!). For a super bright look I put the lightest shade of the HD Concealer on top! GREAT stuff for dark circles!!! Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by hellokatieeeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has officially replaced my cle de peau concealer. It has such good coverage, it will stay on until you wash your face! I've been using it for 5 months now and it hasn't caused any breakouts or anything. After using it consistently everyday for 5 months, I still have 75% left! Which makes the $30 price tag so worth it! This tube will easily last me for a good year. It has 0.5 oz which is more than other concealers. I absolutely love this concealer and I hope MUFE never ever stops making it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by spatularific

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My super oily skin defies most long lasting concealers - I've stuck with Mac Pro Longwear concealer for a long time as it would last 3-4 hours before caking, the longest I've ever got out of a concealer. This stuff lasts much longer! Woo! It does have its share of cons but it's the best concealer I've used.

Cons:
- Doesn't last as long in creased areas - so not so good for under eye, sides of the nose and under the bottom lip
- The lightest shade 'pink porcelain' is a bit rubbish - it's darker than Mac ProLongwear in NW15 and MUCH darker than MUFE's Mat Velvet in the same shade. If you're darker than NW15 I'd try something else (if you can find anything else... hurr!)
- It highlights texture, so isn't really great for dry, flaky skin, really scabby spots, scarred or under-eye areas

Pros
- The most long-lasting concealer for really oily skin. I still get an oil slick after a few hours, but this stuff doesn't cake and stays on even when I'm blotting.
- Covers big spots really well - I'm prone to big, red swollen cystic acne and little red marks from old acne, and this stuff covers both awesomely
- Very similar to the Mac Prolongwear concealer, but thicker and more pigmented, so you don't need as much to cover up a spot

Despite it being much darker than anticipated, I'd still buy again. I only just get away with it because my face is a bit darker than my wrist/hands. Let's hope MUFE does a lighter version for the ultra-pale peeps!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by hkempler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is by far the best concealer I've ever used. My favourite SA at Sephora highly recommended this product to me, and I was throughly satisfied with it. It has a smooth consistency and full coverage. I use #6 which is perfect for medium skin tone. A little goes a long way. I've been using for almost two years now, and I just started my second tube.

The price is high. However, considering you only use a little at a time, it's not reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by GRACEME13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

too thick...makes me look 10 years older

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Inyoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was introduced to this product by a YT guru whom I trust very much. She told us we would not be disappointed (despite the price) and I am so glad I got it! I was looking for my perfect concealer and finally have it! I'm actually a MAC fanatic and this is my first ever HG product! I love this concealer hands down but there are a few things to address....

-It definitely has full coverage. I don't have acne scarring but instead have hyperpigmentation spots on my cheek areas, which is where I apply this concealer. I'm in school and don't have a lot of time...everyday is pretty much: wake up, wash face, skincare routine, then sunscreen and this concealer and setting powder. I don't bother with foundation anymore, this concealer does the trick and trust me! Before finding this concealer, I would not go out without my full coverage foundation! This concealer gives me a couple more minutes to sleep in!

-Someone mentioned the fact that you need to blend as soon as you apply it on your face, which is very true. If you don't apply it and quickly blend it out on your skin it will dry and is super difficult to try and blend into your skin. Also, it does cake if you apply too much or don't blend well and want to add to more...does not look good. /:

-I obtained my concealer at Sephora and I'm very sure because of the lighting I was matched to a darker shade. I think everyone trying this concealer should have a rough estimate of your shade...or else you'll probably be given something that isn't your shade! I returned mine and got a shade lighter--8, I'm also an NC40.

-Price. Yes it's a bit....extreme. At the time I was debating between this and the Amazing Cosmetics concealer. I actually choose this one because the other was super thick in my opinion and it was not oil-free. I use concealer for my hyperpigmentation and my acne. Why would I want to put an oil based anything on my acne?! I don't understand why others do that....but anyways! I can honestly say that I use this product once everyday for the past year and a half (or even two years!) and I still have a bunch of product! It's worth the money, I promise!

-The squeeze tube is great! A small amount of released and at first it might be frustrating to not get the amount of product you are used to, but trust me, you don't need as much as you think!

EDIT: I reposted this review and deleted my older one because it has been brought to my attention the fact that this concealer "blocks out" my sunscreen. I went to my skin care counter and they took a picture of my face and blah blah....and they noticed some UV damage (which of course is expected for everyone) but my SA told me that I needed to put on sunscreen with at least SPF 30! I use an Asian sunscreen with SPF 50 PA+++ (which is basically an all day sunscreen). I told her that I put on my sunscreen and then my concealer.....which lead us to believe that the concealer might be covering up too much and not allowing my sunscreen to work--no matter how much time I let the sunscreen set. So....I'm a bit hesitant to start using this again...but I do love the coverage. ): Also, I have used this for more than a year....I want to say TWO years now that I have used this EVERY DAY, and I am still on my first tube!!! It's definitely worth the money if you want to try this out!