Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicon Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide,dkl

on 3/10/2011 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this. But ehhh...it does make my foundation glide on more smoothly and look nicer, and i think it MIGHT be extending the wear of my foundation, but the main reason I'm disappointed is that it has ZERO oil control...it made my foundation oxidize. That's a shame. I guess this means I should stay away from silicones. I'm still testing it out but I think this might be going back to the store, unfortunately.

UPDATE: This works like a charm with Milk of Magnesia -- the defender of the oilies!

on 3/8/2011 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing primer!!!! I love how it leaves my face silky, but sometimes I feel like I never let it dry enough. The packet doesn't even tell you how long to let your face dry after you've put it on so that you can start applying your foundation. A lil tip I found on an online blog; take a sponge wedge and apply the primer with it. It's less messy than using your fingers; works for me.
Other than that I love it! =)

Updated: 9/7/12
This is the perfect type of concealer if you have acne scars that are still healing; this covers it up perfectly! I just use my old foundation brush to apply it on my face. Only thing I don't do is use it as eye concealer; it's too heavy for eyes and it makes any lines stand out.

on 3/6/2011 8:30:00 AM

I really like this inexpensive primer. It makes my skin feel soft and looker smoother. Very little quantity is required and all the tinted moisturizers and liquid foundations I have in my collection glide on effortlessly. I do notice that it extends the wear of my make-up versus not wearing a primer. Even after a few months of use I have had no concerns with clogged pores or sensitivities by adding this primer to my make-up regime.

on 3/1/2011 9:53:00 PM

This is the only primer I've ever used so I can't give a comparison review but I really do like it. The price is good and it doesn't come off as greasy (a little goes a long way). Makeup looks great and stays put.
The only thing about it that I find suspect is that sometimes I seem to get red when I use it. I'm not sure if it's the product or something else I'm wearing.

i love the bottle, texture and look. i highly recommend!

this is yuck! It feels oily and werid very silicone feeling kinda like the smashbox one, I used it for like 2 weeks and I couldn't stand it anymore no matter what combo of foundation and powder i used i still had that slick booger face feeling hrs later ick never again

on 2/23/2011 8:16:00 PM

For as cheap as this product is, I really didn't expect to love it. I have tried several other primers and they all tend to make me break out. This one never did.

I believe I bought it for around $5 at Walmart, and I wish I would have bought more! This product actual works on me and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a good primer
!

on 2/21/2011 11:13:00 PM

This product is very good. It makes your skin very soft and goes on smoothly. It's great using with just based powder foundation or liquid foundation. It's also good for acne proun skin like I have, because it doesn't break you out. I'd highly recommend it.

I had the mini one in a set, and decided to buy the full size seeming I loved it so much! I have really oily skin, and thought this would make it worse but it makes my skin so matte, fresh, and it holds oil well. It even makes my redness look a bit sheer, which is good! Best primer I ever used!! I will try the tinted moisturizer.

on 2/21/2011 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My first impression of this primer was it's disgusting texture. Kind of reminds me of spoiled milk or boogers. Getting past that though,after blending it on the back of my hand (for a long time. it takes so long to get rid of the oily feel) it feels really smooth and nice. I would recommend this for normal or oily skinned people.
I personally have combination skin, and it caught on all of my patches of dry skin, and made my foundation look terribly clumpy and disgusting.
I ended up returning this.