April 18, 2014 | 902 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Ahlexa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this primer. I only use a small dot on each side of my face and it covers both sides completely. I never thought this would work, but I really does. I apply my moisturizer, sunscreen and then the primer. When I apply my foundation and buff it in, it honestly once it sets looks airbrushed and has a bit of a glow to it. I never though this would make a difference but it really does. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by cachmehere

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best primer I've ever used. I have tried tons and this tops them all in price and quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by katr112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this and fell in love the first time. It works great; makes my makeup go on SO smoothly and nicely. Plus I have dry skin and this works amazing. BUT it broke me out like carazzyy, the next day I had zits all over my face :( too bad

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really really love this primer! Its my first ever primer, I basically bought it on a whim and Im glad I did. I use this after I moisturize my face, this primer dries into like a silky velvety feel and makes your face feel really smooth and soft. I don't really wear foundation but it works really well when I use mineral powder foundation as well as my liquid foundation. It doesn't break me out at all either which is awesome for acne prone skin!

Love!
$8.00 Walmart

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this product after reading comments about it on MUA. I purchased from Wal-Mart for $7.00. I thought $7 was a little high, for DS but got it anyway. When I got home, I compared it in size to the small squeeze tube of Smashbox primer that cost $10 at Sephora. Sheer Envy is roughly $8 for 1.7 oz and Smashbox Primer to go is $16 for 0.5oz. So, felt this was a great value at $.21 per oz vs. $32 an ounce for Smashbox.

I have used Smashbox and like it very much, but IMHO Sheer Envy if far better. Both kept me from the oilies throughout the day, but Sheer Envy did a better job and keep me sheen free longer. I have 13 hours days, I need my m/u to do overtime!!!

Sheer Envy makes my face look smoother and almost poreless. My foundation looks flawless when I use this. It make my foundation look like MSBB (my skin but better). I apply after moisturizer and allow it to set while I apply my e/s. It comes in a squeeze tube and comes out looking a little like soft wax. Upon application is "melts" and feels kinda wet or greasy. This was a drawback for me. This first time I applied, I was like, Uh oh!!! big mistake! But, it dried (set) quickly and performed well. Some have said that this left them oily. I wonder if they gave the primer a minute or two to set, before applying foundation. Anyway, If you are in the market for a good primer, go to your nearest Wal Mart, b/c Hard Candy isn't sold anywhere else. They also sell on walmart.com. I will definitely repurchase and will buy one to keep in my travel kit.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by throughbeingcool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think this product is wonderful for it's price. I like it more than Smashbox Photofinish. I think it works well for dry skin. It primes skin quite well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by miamisparkle

I was debating between buying the sephora brand primer and one of the Smashbox primers after trying samples of both. I bought a hard candy gift set recently with a mini primer and was amazed at how well it worked! I went back and bought a full size tonight. I'm saving so much money and I get more product, i'm so happy I found this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by SouthernComfort80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wouldn't ordinarily purchase anything from Hard Candy because most of their products are glitzy and glittery, which just isn't me, but I after reading all the reviews on this primer I just had to try it. I was very pleasantly surprised at how great a product this is! I have tried many much more expensive primers from MAC to Urban Decay (which I still like) but at $8.00, this is a great very cheap alternative. A little goes a very long way with this product; a dot smaller than a dime worked for me. The texture is a little odd at first, but once it sets a couple minutes my skin feels silky smooth and my powder foundation just glides on. I work 12 hours a day and this helped my make look fresh for up until about 9 hours of wear. A much better result than just my makeup alone. I have been using this product for about 3 weeks and can't find any fault with it. Love it and would definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Jessimacat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have no complaints with this product! In all honesty I have not tried any other face primers, but here are the pluses:

-Makes my face smooth all day
-makes my under eye concealer crease less
-helps to make foundation go on better
-a tiny bit goes a long way
-Skin gets less greasy through the day
-I'm almost certain it keeps my pores from clogging
-It's a good price
-it's easy to get out of tube

I can't understand why people bother to buy Smashbox, nars and benefit primers when this one is soooo good. As far as I'm concerned I wont need to try any of those expensive primers (unless it comes in a box set or for free of course ;) ).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by triplfun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE! very greasy...I hated it just like all the other Hard Candy products.