October 25, 2014 | 1714 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMonster21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

well i am not a huge primer person and only use it for special occasions
but i will say this i was really pleasently surprised when i used this for the amount it cost and the amount of product you use its a total steal
this is a great primer im starting to like it alot more then my smashbox primer that costs alot more!!! makes my foundation stay all night long controls oils and best off all doesn't break me out (very acne prone)

i am definitely gonna repurchase and start using on clients!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by riceball406

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not that great. It did feel oily when putting on, but that doesn't really bother me. Made me breakout with a day or to. And the main reason I got it was to cover my pores around my nose and didn't do that.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by contrariwhys

Was not as impressed as I thought I would be from the reviews I've seen. I like it better than Monistat anti-chafing gel and it does seem to give a smoother finish to my make-up when I first put it on but the staying power is nothing exceptional.
I've tried it with cream (Olay) and liquid (Colorstay) foundations and it doesn't last an entire 8 hour work day for me.
I will keep using it though because I like the smoothness it gives to my overall foundation application!
EDIT: This product gives my usually non-sensitive skin zits! I still occasionally use for under eyes. The consistency is quite chunky too, yuck.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by veggiehamburgerlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just tried this about a week ago. I was pleasently surprised by how well it reduces shine. I have tried Revlon Beyond Natural, Bare Essentials Prime Time, Hourglass Primer, and Laura Mercier, and I have to say, this one is the best. I have found the other primers to be too wet and slow drying for me, and does not do too much difference compared to no primer under my foundation. It was really cheap (about $7), and all others, I have paid $15+ for. I also find it matte, yet moisturizing at the same time too and it made my skin look incrediable. There is one thing though, I did not find it to make my foundation last longer than it usually does, but it really helps the way it looks and I just use Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray on top anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by MeghAshley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this primer! When I first tried it, I was a bit skeptical because it was so inexpensive and I was sure it wasn't going to be of high quality. I was so wrong! The quality of this product is great! It leaves your skin feeling incredibly silky. If it at first feels greasy, don't worry, just let it sink in to your skin for a minute and you will then feel a silky to an almost powder finish. It allows foundation to glide on effortlessly and I also find it even my skintone out a bit and even minimizes the appearance of pores. It keeps my makeup on all day and there is no shine! Overall, a great buy! I recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by lls4f

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It does feel a bit oily/slippery, but if you let it soak in for a couple of minutes, it feels almost powdery but still very very smooth. I use a liquid foundation over it which I blend with my fingers and it just GLIDES on. It's just startling the difference. My makeup looks airbrushed when I use this primer. It beats out every high end primer I've tried. You get so much in that tube, and you don't need a lot per application. I use less than a dime size blob every morning before I put on my makeup. It's definitely increased the staying power of my foundation. I find my combo skin looks much less oily/dry through the day with this. The oily parts look matte and the dry parts look healthy. Really great product for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Mintypink

I've never owned Smashbox photofinish primer, which is considered one of the best primers out there but I have swatched it on my hand at the mall many times and this primer feels EXACTLY like Smashbox. I was turned onto this by Emily Eddington of Beauty Broadcast on Youtube and she's so right--it's a great dupe. It makes foundation (I use tinted moisturizer) application a dream.
1. It really works just like Smashbox
2. It's so much cheaper than Smashbox
3. Packaging is cute
4. You don't need much

Highly, highly recommend this primer!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by mialovecupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This primer worked nicely. I liked the feeling it left on my face. Sometimes I even wore it without makeup because it makes me face feel smooth and silky. It was pretty inexpensive for the amount of product. After a while it got kind of clumpy, which I just fixed by shaking up the bottle. Near the end of it, though, it did not seem to be working as well as when I first got it. I would definitely repurchase after trying out different primers because it is a very good price and good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Ahlexa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this primer. I only use a small dot on each side of my face and it covers both sides completely. I never thought this would work, but I really does. I apply my moisturizer, sunscreen and then the primer. When I apply my foundation and buff it in, it honestly once it sets looks airbrushed and has a bit of a glow to it. I never though this would make a difference but it really does. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by cachmehere

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best primer I've ever used. I have tried tons and this tops them all in price and quality.