July 30, 2014 | 1582 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by lls4f

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It does feel a bit oily/slippery, but if you let it soak in for a couple of minutes, it feels almost powdery but still very very smooth. I use a liquid foundation over it which I blend with my fingers and it just GLIDES on. It's just startling the difference. My makeup looks airbrushed when I use this primer. It beats out every high end primer I've tried. You get so much in that tube, and you don't need a lot per application. I use less than a dime size blob every morning before I put on my makeup. It's definitely increased the staying power of my foundation. I find my combo skin looks much less oily/dry through the day with this. The oily parts look matte and the dry parts look healthy. Really great product for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Mintypink

I've never owned Smashbox photofinish primer, which is considered one of the best primers out there but I have swatched it on my hand at the mall many times and this primer feels EXACTLY like Smashbox. I was turned onto this by Emily Eddington of Beauty Broadcast on Youtube and she's so right--it's a great dupe. It makes foundation (I use tinted moisturizer) application a dream.
1. It really works just like Smashbox
2. It's so much cheaper than Smashbox
3. Packaging is cute
4. You don't need much

Highly, highly recommend this primer!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by mialovecupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This primer worked nicely. I liked the feeling it left on my face. Sometimes I even wore it without makeup because it makes me face feel smooth and silky. It was pretty inexpensive for the amount of product. After a while it got kind of clumpy, which I just fixed by shaking up the bottle. Near the end of it, though, it did not seem to be working as well as when I first got it. I would definitely repurchase after trying out different primers because it is a very good price and good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Ahlexa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this primer. I only use a small dot on each side of my face and it covers both sides completely. I never thought this would work, but I really does. I apply my moisturizer, sunscreen and then the primer. When I apply my foundation and buff it in, it honestly once it sets looks airbrushed and has a bit of a glow to it. I never though this would make a difference but it really does. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by cachmehere

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best primer I've ever used. I have tried tons and this tops them all in price and quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by katr112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this and fell in love the first time. It works great; makes my makeup go on SO smoothly and nicely. Plus I have dry skin and this works amazing. BUT it broke me out like carazzyy, the next day I had zits all over my face :( too bad

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really really love this primer! Its my first ever primer, I basically bought it on a whim and Im glad I did. I use this after I moisturize my face, this primer dries into like a silky velvety feel and makes your face feel really smooth and soft. I don't really wear foundation but it works really well when I use mineral powder foundation as well as my liquid foundation. It doesn't break me out at all either which is awesome for acne prone skin!

Love!
$8.00 Walmart

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this product after reading comments about it on MUA. I purchased from Wal-Mart for $7.00. I thought $7 was a little high, for DS but got it anyway. When I got home, I compared it in size to the small squeeze tube of Smashbox primer that cost $10 at Sephora. Sheer Envy is roughly $8 for 1.7 oz and Smashbox Primer to go is $16 for 0.5oz. So, felt this was a great value at $.21 per oz vs. $32 an ounce for Smashbox.

I have used Smashbox and like it very much, but IMHO Sheer Envy if far better. Both kept me from the oilies throughout the day, but Sheer Envy did a better job and keep me sheen free longer. I have 13 hours days, I need my m/u to do overtime!!!

Sheer Envy makes my face look smoother and almost poreless. My foundation looks flawless when I use this. It make my foundation look like MSBB (my skin but better). I apply after moisturizer and allow it to set while I apply my e/s. It comes in a squeeze tube and comes out looking a little like soft wax. Upon application is "melts" and feels kinda wet or greasy. This was a drawback for me. This first time I applied, I was like, Uh oh!!! big mistake! But, it dried (set) quickly and performed well. Some have said that this left them oily. I wonder if they gave the primer a minute or two to set, before applying foundation. Anyway, If you are in the market for a good primer, go to your nearest Wal Mart, b/c Hard Candy isn't sold anywhere else. They also sell on walmart.com. I will definitely repurchase and will buy one to keep in my travel kit.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by throughbeingcool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think this product is wonderful for it's price. I like it more than Smashbox Photofinish. I think it works well for dry skin. It primes skin quite well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by miamisparkle

I was debating between buying the sephora brand primer and one of the Smashbox primers after trying samples of both. I bought a hard candy gift set recently with a mini primer and was amazed at how well it worked! I went back and bought a full size tonight. I'm saving so much money and I get more product, i'm so happy I found this!