September 23, 2014 | 957 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

Despite the rather boring tube design, I can see why this mascara is considered a classic. It has very buildable volume and length (it won't give you an extreme amount of either though), doesn't smudge or flake WITHOUT being waterproof, and washes off easily at the end of the day. It's not all that great at holding a curl, but it's not horrible at it so I don't have any real complaints. Overall, a very reliable mascara, especially for such a cheap price! Finally, a mascara that won't rip off my eyelashes but doesn't need to be waterproof to hold all day!

Notes: This mascara does feels dry, so it's not as easy to put on as I would prefer. The product likes to stick to the brush instead of your lashes, so you have to apply it with even, patient strokes before you're good to go. Also, I agree with the other reviewers; you really don't need more than one good coat of this, because adding more coats don't seem to do anything else. It's only good for a normal, natural look, it won't give you anything beyond that.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by jmal

I wanted to wait before I reviewed this to make sure I was reviewing properly. :) This is a great mascara. WAYYY better than any mascara I have bought in the last year. I'm a mascara junkie, and I always fall for the hype. I have been trying alot of Maybelline's, L'Oreal's, and some other CoverGirl's, but they just don't compare to this lovely red tube of wonderfulness! My lashes are dark, look thicker, and separated without clumps.

Now I'm scared they will discontinue! Probably will go out and get a few more. I mean for $5? Yeahh....go buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by revflapjackson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail. product does better than HE mascaras and wont put a dent in your wallet. I like most cg mascaras but this one is really a gem.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by SamWood

Ok, so I've been trying out different mascaras trying to find the perfect one so I thought I'd give one a chance. I wanted something that thickens, separates and keeps a curl. This did nothing. It takes like 4 coats to get it even remotely thick, it sort of separated but I had to use a pin to fix my lashes and it was horrible for keeping a curl my lashes just flopped even with a heated up lash curler.. The worst part was, after only 2 weeks of using it, it got all goopey and chunky and gross. Will not be wasting my time with that again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by research

First product review on MUA: The. Best. Mascara. Ever. I have tried them all. Max Factor 2000 was my go-to forever until it was discontinued. Absolutely everything flakes on me - oily lids, contacts, smudges. Except this. Two coats works beautifully for long and thick lashes. The tube doesn't last but the price is fine for that. I just can't believe it stays on. I've used it a bunch during the dreadful heat and humidity of summer and it lasts all night. Very impressed

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really enjoy CG Professional mascara (in the blue tube) and have repurchased it on many occasions, but I have an addiction and love of trying new mascaras. I finally purchased this one and absolutely adore it too. Adds impressive quantities of length, volume, and curl. Doesn't smudge, clump, or flake, and doesn't feel heavy or give me droopy lashes at the end of the day. Super impressed that a $5 mascara can achieve excellent results. This will be another one to add to my repurchase list.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Oceanblue69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just ordered Cover Girl mascara and love it. It looks terrific
    and truly lasts all day without running/smudging. Iím totally hooked!!! The best part for me though, is that Iím finally wearing something thatís safe!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by GlitzedandGlammed

I really like this mascara. This is one of my favorites. I find one coat lengthens, and volumizes. I haven't had a problem with it flaking or anything like that. It also lasts all day. If you want a good inexpensive mascara, I would recommend you trying it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by HelloooAgatha

I'm pretty disappointed with this product. I saw the mixed reviews and hoped to come back as a 5-lippy reviewer. Unfortunately not.
    When I first tried this, I was really happy because my lashes were thickened without clumping, smudging, etc. When I felt my lashes, they felt almost like I wasn't wearing mascara - soft! I realized that when putting more than one coat of this that the mascara gets very flakey and made my cheeks covered with black flakes. Gross! Not to mention that adding coats literally makes no difference. Several flakes got in my eyes too (even with just one coat!) which was really annoying and, I believe, extremely bad for your eyes health. The package says that this product is good for people with sensitive eyes, but that can't be true at allll. Also, it takes more than just washing your face to come off, which is weird since it says that it comes off easily with soap and water.
    Overall, don't try this product unless you don't care about keeping your eyes healthy and clean even though this mascara hardly volumizes especially after the first coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by loanny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely love love love this! This mascara gives me super thick lashes that even high end mascaras fail to deliver!