September 30, 2014 | 2031 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was searching for a new liner because i want a liquid that can draw thick and fine lines, the one i have been using is great ( its a japanese brand called kiss me for those who are interested, its a very fine brush tip eyeliner and it makes the most perfect super fine lines) but when it comes to the winged eyeliner, its a bit of a pain when i need a thick line.

so look around on the net, came across two drugstore ones, loreal lineur intense and maybelline stiletto.

now in australia i cannot for the life of me find loreal's linear intense, what i suspect though, its the same as what they call superline here. Not exactly sure if they are the same, but judging by the photos, the packaging and the tip and the design are.
loreal retails at $24.95 aud here.

then maybelline, the store i went and bought it has a buy1 get 1 free. Normal price $6.95 aud and that make the liner $3.50 aud each. no brainer. i picked the maybelline first. loreal can wait until they go on sale.

i tried it when i got home. what i find:

1. i got the blackest black, with asian brown eyes black hair the colour perfect.
2. goes on smooth, i really like it, i get the line right from the start, no skipping
3. no problems with fine lines either, the felt tip is incredible easy to use
4. can do flicks/winged, no problems whatsoever
5. last all day, no smudging, no flaking like some others reported.
though
6. i need to redip for one line. which is a little let down for me... i was hoping no need to redip. but hey, its just a minor con for me.

The price is just awesome. yes i got it at really cheap but even at full price its not breaking the bank either, i am very happy as to how this performed and have no complains once its on. it dries quick enough and it does not smudge

i went back the next day and bought another two. this is how impressed i am with it. forget about superline now haha.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by annalynne

PROS:
-good lasting power
-bold and dark color
-easy to draw a thin/thick line or a wing
-affordable

CONS:
-shiny, glossy finish (i prefer matte)
-not waterproof

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really do like this eyeliner. I consider it a dark black and sorta shiny. I don't have issues with it flaking on me and I have oily eyelids. But, I do use a primer to help with that issue. I can do a winged-out eye look with this liner very easily. I will definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by kimberleylyra

My first liquid eyeliner and my last! This is absolutely perfect in every way. It is so effortless (after practice, of course!) to throw on in the morning and isn't fiddly at all. I've had mine for 8 months and it's still going strong. I continue to embrace the blackest of all black line every morning. It stays on all day without primer.

This is honestly the best eyeliner I will ever use. I cannot fault it anywhere... It is absolutely amazing!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by hobosmiles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ARGH. This eyeliner seriously drives me crazy. In order to line one eye, you first have to shake it like crazy and redip a billion times. Then, you have to repeat for the other eye... only to have it wipe off in an hour. If this product touches water (or tears) in any way, it's gone. It smears- and flakes? And if you happen to have it last all day, it's severely faded by the end of the day.
Oh. And the applicator is shit. It's some weirdo plastic thing that is way to squishy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueenOfTheScene21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

1st liquid liner I bought. I love the application of it, it's very easy with the brush and all. But it comes off too easily. It's not at all even a bit waterproof, and I know it didn't say that with the packaging, but that's what I wanted. Not too waterproof, but it stays on when I yawn. Lol. The black is very black, I have been thinking about going back to it because all of the other liquid liners I've tried fade to gray but this one does not.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by silverwing

This is the first liquid eyeliner I have tried. It applies easily and is pigmented. I store mine so that it is standing up.

I have yet to have any issues with it flaking or running. However I have yet to wear it in bad weather or in hot weather. One thing that does give me concern for this product should I repurchase and wear in warmer months, is that is removed very easily with just water. Making me question how it would respond to perspiration.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Dumplingwok

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very excited to try this product. This is my first liquid liner so I don't have a ton of experience. The brush has a super thin tip, which delivers a nice thin line. The color is super dark and lasts all day when I'm in school. The packaging is very sleek and draws the eye. This isn't a lot of product in the bottle, 75% of the tube is the brush. Make sure that you shake the tube before applying, if you don't you get a grayish tint instead of black. I will repurchase after I finish this :D

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by heeeeeybrooklyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Literally the best drugstore eyeliner I have ever used! I wear a ton of eyeliner, and this goes on smoothly and I don't find myself reapplying by the end of the day. Being a full time college student and working full time, I don't have a lot of time to do my makeup, and the application for this was very easy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by karenelizabeth11

I bought this after I had my sister test it out for a bit. She told me that it was pretty good so I gave it a try myself. I love it. It goes on smoothly, stays on all day (I'm a college student and I work part-time so that was super important to me), and the packaging is pretty. My only gripe is that it burns your eyes if you get it in your eyes when you're removing it. Other than that, I am a happy camper.