February 27, 2015 | 1232 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by VintageVixen87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skin is always dry. Foundation looks horrible on me when it's really bad. I had been really stressed out a couple of weeks ago and was breaking out and looking even more dry. I decided to try this, it was cheap and I needed something to try. In three days it totally turned my skin around. The breakouts were under control (I used this in conjunction with Aveeno cleanser) and my skin was actually smooth! I have used super expensive Dior and Clinique moisturizer before and they didn't do what this cheap product does, for my skin at least!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by lilyrc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very simple and cheap moisturizer but it works great for me . I have used Clinique moisturizer in the past but it gives me a rash . My skin is very dry and even though I never have acne I do get a lot of rashes on my face from creams and cosmetics. This product moisturizes my face and it doesnt give me a rash.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by spiffytiffi912

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS MY HG LIFESAVER. It has literally SAVED my skin. I have very sensitive, oily Asian skin, with mild acne. I keep on getting suckered into buying lotions (I love to experiment and shop around, despite having a sensitive face) with all these bells and whistles tacked onto them. I keep on thinking the more stuff that they say it will cure, the better, right?? Uh, WRONG. Because I am an idiot, almost every other face lotion I try will cause my face to break out, get extremely irritated and red, and my face will become scaly and gross. Lotions that have irritated my face: Neutrogena Anti-Oxidant Age Reverse Day lotion SPF 20, anything from Ponds or Olay, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion(!!!!) - just to name a few.

I've always ignored this lotion because it seemed so plain and I had so many problems with my face like oiliness, acne and acne scars, and though I don't have major wrinkles (I have a fine crease at my laugh line, but mostly when I smile waaay too much for too long and I'm dehydrated), I figured it might be best to use a lotion that could pretreat it. Well, at my last breakout (Neutrogena Anti-Oxidant Age Reverse Day Lotion SPF 20 - which sucked, since I used the Night Cream with no problems...hmm must have been the helioplex spf?), I was tired of all these weird ingredients destroying my face and bought this. PRAISE!

Pros:
- It not only does NOT cause problems for my skin, I think it improves it! My face has never looked so clear, smooth, and plump! No other lotion has done this for me.
- A semi-runny texture that absorbs very quickly and without a film. No smell. No spf so I like to use it at night, or under my current day lotion (Neutrogena Visibly Even lotion SPF 15) to give me that extra moisture boost.
- Love the bottle because it's a pump and you can lock it shut so it's good for traveling.

Cons:
- NONE! Oh, well, it doesn't HELP with my oiliness, but it doesn't contribute. I don't mind though - it never advertised it would take care of that and I can always blot.

I do have to add that I bought this version in Asia (which has a different bottle design and a slightly different smell) and I don't know if the formula is the same. The name is basically the same although worded differently, which is why I'm wondering if they are the same (there was no ingredients list). The US version's list says there is petroleum in its formula so people who don't like that beware (it doesn't seem to be harming my skin in the least). I now have both versions (bought back ups in Hong Kong) and they both work for me, but (and this might be mental) I feel like the Asian version works better for me.

PLEASE try this. I am always never satisfied with what I have and am always experimenting, but I WILL NEVER EXPERIMENT again with this. This will always be a staple and I love it for giving me beautiful skin. Sometimes, simple IS best.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by P3achyK33n

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hmm, I can never use Neutrogena with success and this is no exception. The cream didn't moisturize enough and broke me out badly the moment I used it (well, not the MOMENT, but you know). I tried it on many different occassions and am officially giving up. Back to Garnier we go.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by taciturnxlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Despite being formulated for sensitive skin, I still BROKE out instantly when I applied this. I no longer trust Neutrogena products.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by msitch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very acne prone skin. This moisturizer is very light and absorbs quickly while providing lots of moisture. I use it at night after washing my face. During the day I use alpha hydroxy moisturizer. I really like this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 7:34:00 AM More reviews by babyfratelli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I doubt I will ever buy another moisturiser, unless I am after a specialist one (such as anti-aging, or a shimmery one etc) because this is PERFECT. Lightweight, easily absorbed, oil-free and water based - it is lovely on the skin. Simple, yet effective. It instantly takes away the tight feeling I get from cleansing, and makes my skin feel soft. It does not feel heavy, or look greasy. A lovely moisturiser.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by kk0101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Broke me out! I think it's the high levels of dimethicone (which are silicones). So sad. I can't seem to find any moisturisers that don't break me out though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 9:36:00 AM More reviews by pol4r19

This is a great non-heavy/sticky moisturizer for people with sensitive or acne prone skin. most moisturizers i have used have contributed to my brakouts. they have diminished significantly since i began using this product. the only downside is that the SPF is probably not enough for people in hot climates (like me in Aus). otherwise a very good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by fiunit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My friend's stuff got mixed up with mine and I ended up grabbing this as well as my Oil Free blah blah SPF (I reviewed that too). I'm glad I did! When I found this moisturiser in my possession, I decided to give it a go. So many people rave about Neutrogena products but I've never been a fan. Their face washes have never helped me and I was disappointed in the SPF moisturiser. It must have been the sunscreen in the other moisturiser that wreaked such havoc on my skin. I'm not a convert to Neutrogena products since trying this, but I'd hesitate to call them all crap after using this moisturiser. It was nice and calming, wasn't too heavy, and didn't make my skin too oily. Good for light moisture that won't irritate sensitive skin. No breakouts either!