September 19, 2014 | 878 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by laurelrea

This stuff is great. I have light brown hair and and paleish skin and the light colour is prefect for me. Lasts ages too. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I bought the light & medium, not for the brows but as a nose shadow (light) & some shading (medium). In other words, I don't really use the wax part much, but for $3, who cares.
I really want to praise the quality of the powder, it is sooo smooth & buttery, not at all like powder.
Why can't they make a powder foundation like the texture of this product. Or maybe ELF is, I will be the first in line for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by LucySmith2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've only had this product for a short while but I love it. My eyebrows are a very dark brown and yet I have to be careful not to go too dark with eyebrow colours. I bought this in dark and it suits me really well. Of course you have to go gentle initially but you can always pack more on if you need to. The applicator is not great because it's short but this is due to the overall size of the box so if I really can't be bothered with it I will use a different brush. Overall, for the price, I'd say buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by _starry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this brow kit. I only use the gel and it is perfect for filling in my brows. I like that it isn't too pigmented as it gives me more control and I can build up my brows without over doing them. The color medium has a nice ashy-neutral brow gel which is perfect because I hate it when brow products pull too warm and orangey. The only gripe I have is that the lasting power could be better. I am actually thinking of trying Laura Mercier's Brow Definer after this because it is a gel brow filler.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by BCoffin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate the brown gel part of this duo but love the powder, I use it over my MAC eyebrow pencil to help further fill in my brows, the color matches perfect and looks really natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

Found this at a dollar store. I have thick brows I don't tweeze as I am pleased with that natural look. But I've got one spot missing a brow hair or 2 due to a small scar there. I don't always fill it in as my brows are very dark ash brown and everything is too warm toned and light including this.

That said I have found other uses for it. The powder makes a nice, matte crease color. Despite the shades being too light and warm for my brows, surprisingly it works well as a contour color on my fair, olive skin with yellow undetones. It doesn't read warm right under the hollows of my cheekbones, just deepens the shadow already there. I have very dry skin so I can use the cream side too for the same purpose, both look natural used sparingly and blended well.

One more trick is one I've used for ages. If you have a blemish (closed, no open skin) to "hide" or want to accentuate a beauty mark or freckles after applying your base mu, try this; apply a pin dot of the cream side then a pin dot of the powder over it. Use a teeny tipped brush. Spritz with water in a spray bottle or mu setting spray of your choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by sarahdance

I bought this kit based on MU reviews.

I like this kit a lot and will continue to buy it. I especially like that it has both wax and powder.

I first use both the powder and wax for color,filling in and taming. Then I brush on a small dab of SAMY Under Control Molding Wax to tame these 3-4 unruly hairs I have in just one eyebrow that refuse to stay put with just the ELF wax alone.

I bought the SAMY Under Control Molding Wax at the Dollar Store because they had it advertised as mustache wax. With the image of a handlebar mustache in my head, I figured if anything would tame those 3 pesky brow hairs it would be "mustache wax".

Turns out this particular SAMY product was just right. It has more hold/molding power than the ELF wax, but not too much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was really hoping to like this product, especially after the great reviews here. However, the wax made my brows look too full and like they had been painted on. I have tried using less wax but I still get the same results. I think this is because I already have relatively thick brows and just need an eyebrow product to fill in any sparse areas. I reckon this product would be great for those with thin brows, but unfortunately not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

i love this stuff....i still have eyebrow hairs so this works great just to fill them in a bit and make em look super full...i aint quite sure how this would work on people who have to draw their eyebrows in....they gel this brings can slide a bit if you dont set it and it is not super dark and pigmented to just use on its own....i havent tried the dark one so im am just saying off expirience with the medium

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Dupe for Benefit Brow Zings, a $30 product vs. $3 for this ELF version. I typically buy & wear higher-end cosmetics, but I'm obsessed with ELF's "dupes" for more expensive products. This comes in the typical ELF Studio packaging - a sleek black plastic compact. The powder & wax work really well to fill in & tame brows, and for what is quite possibly the first time ever in the history of cosmetics: the brush that comes with it isn't totally useless! It is short, angled & firm, and actually works really well with the products. The wax/powder combo gives a very natural look, so you can fill your brows with minimal fear of the drawn-on look. I have light auburn hair with light reddish-brown brows, and I have this kit in "medium." I keep one of these in my travel kit and one in my regular makeup case, and I reach for them fairly often. I really like this kit, and will definitely repurchase.