Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

on 11/22/2008 2:49:00 PM

ahhh big break out!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I do not like this at all as a powder foundation. It does not give good coverage, and gets cakey very fast. I have oily skin, and this does not control oil at all. I tried this as a setting powder over my foundation and it did look nice, but still no oil control. It did not work for me, but this may be a great product for someone with a drier skin looking for a good setting powder, or a sheer coverage powder foundation.

on 11/16/2008 2:25:00 PM

I purchased this after a Lancome makeup consultation at Dillards for my wedding. I have the Matte Toffee IV, and I absolutely love it. I got this along with the liquid foundation to wear on my wedding day, and I look fabulous in the photos. I have only worn foundation on that day, but every now and then I swipe on this powder because I don't want it to be a waste. It is the perfect color match. You can't even tell when I have used it. I use a brush to apply it because the sponge that's included makes the coverage too cakey looking. I also love the mirrored compact it comes in.

This has now replaced my MAC Studio Fix!! Yes, Studio Fix gives slightly better coverage, but Dual finish gives good coverage, but it still looks natural. Now I am not blessed with perfect, flawless skin, so most of the time I layer this on top of a lighter liquid foundation. My skin looks perfect!! I also love the shade selection much better than Studio Fix. I couldnt find a good match with MAC, but I was using NC20 which was too yellow for me. So I purchased Dual Finish in Porcelaine, which is PERFECT because it is still warm, but still has a balance of pink and yellow. I still need to touch up during the day, but the flawless look is worth every penny!! For those who are fortunate enough to already have good (or semi-good) skin, you will love this!!

on 11/12/2008 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this powder. I have relatively normal skin so a lot of mornings all I will use on my skin is moisturizer and this product. Just pat it on with the sponge and it looks flawless. I use the puff for midday touch-ups. I have a medium/light skin (NC20/NC25) and Matte Neutrale II is the absolute perfect shade. This compact is definitely on the expensive side, but the color is so perfect I will never change.

on 11/11/2008 3:51:00 PM

I would buy this compact again if my complexion gets to be near perfect. Then I would only need moisture, concealer, and this as a powder/foundation. To use this over foundation is overkill. It's alot like Chanel Double Perfection.

*Not for oily skin

on 10/30/2008 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my all-time favorite powder. Most of the time I just use this without any foundation. Just my concealer and this powder is enough to provide great coverage, especially if you use the sponge. The finish is a wonderful matte. The color selection is great, I found a perfect color match for my skin and it is so light you can't feel it on your face. The slight fragrance is great - I will keep using this product for years to come.

on 10/15/2008 5:33:00 PM

love it
makes my skin feel so smooth
=)
not heavy at all
enough said <3

on 10/12/2008 3:24:00 PM

I LOVE this product! I have been using it on and off for years. It is my favorite powder of all. The shades are great for those with lighter skin tone b/c I have used a few shades and can't tell which is better. I use a very light foundation then apply this with powder brush it came with. I love it. I don't use it for foundation, I never quite understood how. I tried dampening the sponge but thought I was ruining my compact. didn't work for me.. I will continue to buy this forever...

on 9/30/2008 6:02:00 PM

I have the fragrance free version. I was deciding between this, the MUFE, Shiseido and Dior powder foundations and bought the Lancome because it has about double the product (.62-.69 oz) for roughly the same price as the other brands (around .35 oz). Unfortunately, it just doesn't work for me. I've used both a brush and a sponge, and I just don't like the coverage or finish. This is going back to Bloomies...